Re: FOOTBALL CORNER

Watched ManU yesterday and was hoping for a sublime match by LVG's team to close the season but their only highlight was the idiotic action of Fellaini...

lanxess wrote:

Watched ManU yesterday and was hoping for a sublime match by LVG's team to close the season but their only highlight was the idiotic action of Fellaini...

The last day was win win for me. I was out at a bar watching Chelsea V Sunderland and I didn't even realise Sunderland had scored until I got a goal alert on my phone - which I was checking because I had more interest in that match and Newcastle's.

I would have liked to see Hull win and Newcastle relegated, but I was also frankly delighted to see Hull go down, just because I hate Steve Bruce after how he's behaved since Sunderland sacked him. Sunderland fans have been vindicated, and he has proved once and for all that he's a shit manager.

"I tried to push him away with my head and I shouldn't have done that." - Alan Pardew

We finished 2nd with the Shit side we have .

I think we should offer the Crown Jewells to Messi and get him in Manchester .

Champions next Season.

54 (edited by ℊnat 2015-05-27 12:32:24)

"Reports: Justice Department Brings The Goddamn Hammer Down On FIFA"

http://screamer.deadspin.com/reports-ju … 1707109298

The corruption charges likely stem from how FIFA awarded the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, to Russia and Qatar, respectively. Two weeks ago ESPN reported that Sepp Blatter was afraid of entering the United States for fear that he would be arrested, but it appears that the long arm of the American law can reach all the way into Switzerland.

The indictment names 14 people on charges including racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering conspiracy. In addition to senior soccer officials, the indictment is also expected to name sports-marketing executives from the United States and South America who are accused of paying more than $150 million in bribes and kickbacks in exchange for media deals associated with major soccer tournaments, according to one government official briefed on the matter.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Any of you guys fuck with womens soccer? World cup is about to start

gnat wrote:

The corruption charges likely stem from how FIFA awarded the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, to Russia and Qatar, respectively. Two weeks ago ESPN reported that Sepp Blatter was afraid of entering the United States for fear that he would be arrested, but it appears that the long arm of the American law can reach all the way into Switzerland.

The indictment names 14 people on charges including racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering conspiracy. In addition to senior soccer officials, the indictment is also expected to name sports-marketing executives from the United States and South America who are accused of paying more than $150 million in bribes and kickbacks in exchange for media deals associated with major soccer tournaments, according to one government official briefed on the matter.

They still haven't gone for the main villain in all of this. Sep Blatter is ruining the world cup. If the rumors are true about him and others[mainly him] excepting bribes for world cup bids, it ruins the game.

PunBB bbcode test

Chelsea_Bound wrote:
gnat wrote:

They still haven't gone for the main villain in all of this. Sep Blatter is ruining the world cup. If the rumors are true about him and others[mainly him] excepting bribes for world cup bids, it ruins the game.

I'm aching, aching for UEFA and one or two of the big South American teams to boycott the World Cup. That will soon stop blatter in his tracks.

"I tried to push him away with my head and I shouldn't have done that." - Alan Pardew

So he resigned. Probably will be indicted soon enough, although I imagine he has the money to not see jail.

America, saving the world from evil yet again.

Qatar 2018 needs to be moved, and Russia is a joke as well.

I imagine that Prince of Jordan would run FIFA if it was done over today without Blatter, but the one country one vote thing seems to be an issue with the way FIFA runs its money

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Ick McWang wrote:

So he resigned. Probably will be indicted soon enough, although I imagine he has the money to not see jail.

America, saving the world from evil yet again.

Qatar 2018 needs to be moved, and Russia is a joke as well.

I imagine that Prince of Jordan would run FIFA if it was done over today without Blatter, but the one country one vote thing seems to be an issue with the way FIFA runs its money

Russia you can understand. They have the infrastructure and the burgeoning football league, the stadia are there, never had one before....

But Qatar? For a summer world cup? Haddaway n shite.

I said 2018, its 2022, I know. Both bids were corrupt. And for Qatar to hold the tournament, every pro team and broadcast team will have to accomodate a break in their own season, which has never happened before. Its similar to hockey taking a break for the Olympics every four years, but it put the players square in their off-season

Ick McWang wrote:

I said 2018, its 2022, I know. Both bids were corrupt. And for Qatar to hold the tournament, every pro team and broadcast team will have to accommodate a break in their own season, which has never happened before. Its similar to hockey taking a break for the Olympics every four years, but it put the players square in their off-season

I was watching a short documentary about the Qatar situation. Check this, during the summer, the average temperatures during the day is 120f 48.8c!!! Players would get heat stroke, especially is there were double overtimes like last world cup. They also mentioned in the Documentary that because of the heat many will die building the stadium. All around a sad situation. Will they change the venue now to a different country?

PunBB bbcode test

Chelsea_Bound wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

I said 2018, its 2022, I know. Both bids were corrupt. And for Qatar to hold the tournament, every pro team and broadcast team will have to accommodate a break in their own season, which has never happened before. Its similar to hockey taking a break for the Olympics every four years, but it put the players square in their off-season

I was watching a short documentary about the Qatar situation. Check this, during the summer, the average temperatures during the day is 120f 48.8c!!! Players would get heat stroke, especially is there were double overtimes like last world cup. They also mentioned in the Documentary that because of the heat many will die building the stadium. All around a sad situation. Will they change the venue now to a different country?

They could move it but probably wont. Qatar has already used the race card, saying those who want to move the tournament are just anti-arab/muslim. They already moved the whole tournament to the winter instead of the summer, to avoid the 120F+ temps. But a World Cup has never been held in the winter, and as I posted above, that timeframe is right in the middle of the players pro league schedules. And lets not forget, the players get rich from their PRO teams, not the World Cup. World Cup is for pride. Similar to how pro hockey has to take a break for the Olympics, every single team owner and GM HATES the Olympics because THEY are paying the player, and if he gets hurt (which happens to at least one player every year) the teams are the ones who suffer.

Oh, and at least 1,000 people have died so far building these stadiums. But hey, Viva Football

Ick McWang wrote:
Chelsea_Bound wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

They could move it but probably wont. Qatar has already used the race card, saying those who want to move the tournament are just anti-arab/muslim. They already moved the whole tournament to the winter instead of the summer, to avoid the 120F+ temps. But a World Cup has never been held in the winter, and as I posted above, that timeframe is right in the middle of the players pro league schedules. And lets not forget, the players get rich from their PRO teams, not the World Cup. World Cup is for pride. Similar to how pro hockey has to take a break for the Olympics, every single team owner and GM HATES the Olympics because THEY are paying the player, and if he gets hurt (which happens to at least one player every year) the teams are the ones who suffer.

Oh, and at least 1,000 people have died so far building these stadiums. But hey, Viva Football

That's crazy! Thanks for the info. A winter World Cup? That sucks!

PunBB bbcode test

Latest news is that Qatar and Russia might be stripped of the World Cup because they were both obtained by bribery.

Morocco wouldve been better for sure. And won the first vote, before the ol bribes kicked in

Ick McWang wrote:

Morocco wouldve been better for sure. And won the first vote, before the ol bribes kicked in

I know you'd all expect me to say this, but England fucking deserves another World Cup too. Not held one for 50 years now, and other countries have had more than one since, world class stadiums all ready up and down the country, easy to get around, it's insane that we didn't get given one.

Phoenix wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

I know you'd all expect me to say this, but England fucking deserves another World Cup too. Not held one for 50 years now, and other countries have had more than one since, world class stadiums all ready up and down the country, easy to get around, it's insane that we didn't get given one.

If Qatar and/or Russia get relocated, its either England or United States. Period. Only two countries with the stadiums already built, infrastructure, airports, hotels, rentals, taxis, buses, fucking clean water and proper toilets. Major League Soccer (MLS) has given the US quite a few exceptional soccer specific stadiums. I hear watching a Seattle Sounders game is better than a Euro game, but I have a feeling there is a tinge of American Pie in there.

Wanna talk about unaccounted for bribes we dont know about yet? How about developers and builders in each country, who stand in line to get that FAT construction contract, supply contract, water, sewer, infrastructure contract, etc, when a stadium(s) are being built?

And while we are at it and talking corruption, when are we gonna talk about the Rio Olympics? Good fucking God, lets put a water competition in one of the worlds most polluted waterways... genius.

About as genius as putting an outdoor football match in a fucking desert in the peak of summer.

Phoenix wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

I'd like to see england have it as well.

69 (edited by ℊnat 2015-06-11 21:52:53)

Germany men lost to the usa yesterday, german women tied norway today. Men didnt have all their A list players but neither did the US to be fair.

gnat wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

I'd like to see england have it as well.

Nice to hear someone else say so!

How about a USA v England WWC final you guys? big_smile

'Merica.

Innocently I just can't get into Women's World Cup, but Premier League starts in 37 days!!!!

PunBB bbcode test

Chelsea_Bound wrote:

Innocently I just can't get into Women's World Cup, but Premier League starts in 37 days!!!!

And Phoenix is gonna have the chance to go to his first Sunderland game in 2 years, his first competetive Sunderland game for 4 years, and his first visit to the Stadium of Light for nearly 8 years! big_smile

Phoenix wrote:
Chelsea_Bound wrote:

And Phoenix is gonna have the chance to go to his first Sunderland game in 2 years, his first competetive Sunderland game for 4 years, and his first visit to the Stadium of Light for nearly 8 years! big_smile

Congrats, I wish I knew someone who wanted a roommate in England. I want to go to games!

PunBB bbcode test