Topic: Questions & Answers

This is the thread where you ask a question...any question...then the next person responds. So on and so forth.

What song has the biggest emotional connection for you and why?

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: Questions & Answers

Joy by Against Me. I used to be very jaded, nihilistic and easily pissed off. Then on night I was walking along the beach very pissed off, my iPod was on shuffle and Joy came on. I'd never heard it before and since then its just sorta stuck with me keeping me optimistic.

bass solos or guitar solos?

"I pop punk, not pills"

Guitar solos, I love an amazing guitar solo.

Cats or dogs? And reasons!

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Dogs. Cats are bitchy and will make your life hell unless you give in to their every demand. I have one, and I do, but i like my dogs better. They spend more time with you and do shit with you.

What was the time when you were as scared as you've ever been?

I have liver disease which has nearly done for me many times but when they found a nodule in my liver that wad possibly cancer I was proper scared,  dying of liver disease didn't scare me but cancer did..abit of a weird one really, I s'pose its the power of the word and our fear of it, turned out to be benign but still have it measured every six months.
What's the happiest memory you have?

A VILE PRODUCT OF WELFARE UK

Meeting my 2nd wife before that my life was totally shit ,stuck back in bedsit land hanging onto my job (just) bankrupt and drowning in a sea of whiskey most nights and then within 30mins of meeting her I was back up and fighting ..... o bless
Indian or Chinese food ?

Chinese. Most indian food is too spicey for me. Shrimp lo mein is what i usually get.

What was the house/apt/etc you grew up in like?

Standard three bedroom semi in a satellite town.

What did you want to do with ya life when you were 14?

"I tried to push him away with my head and I shouldn't have done that." - Alan Pardew

A truck driver, i always wanted to be one from growing up.

If you got to pick how would you want to leave this world?

With a bottle of whiskey in one hand n a spliff in the other.
First proper fight, what was it over? Who with? Did you get or give them a kicking?

I was in kid fights in elementary/middle school, not much to those, but my first real dustup would be in either 11th or 12th grade, in high school, there was a group of us skaters/punks/ska kids, and a group of hiphop white kids. Our school recognized both of us as "gangs", and one day one of the hip hop kids fucked the girlfriend of us skater-kids' sort-of unspoken leader. Needless to say, we all met at a house one of the older kids rented nearby the school, and there were like easily over a 100 people there. Fight started with two hip-hoppers grabbing our "leader" while the other sucker punched him, and then it just turned into about 6 on 6, I ended up squaring off with a bloke who was about twice my size, but I knew how to box so I actually held my own quite well, thank you. He leg swept me and got on top of me to wail on me but I was able to keep his arms from being able to swing on me while I slipped an elbow in here and there, using my knees to just hit him in the back/ass/tailbone/whatever I was hitting. I could tell this big bastard had never been in a fight, but he was a big bastard, I imagine people never messed with him.

Turns out, as all those kids were there, someone tipped off the cops/school resource officers, and in the middle of the melee, suddenly cop cars come out of nowhere. Everyone just stopped fighting, and took off. We (the skaters) were smart enough to park our cars a couple blocks away at a K-Mart, and we just ran and ran til we got to our cars. All of us got away. The next day at school, I thought would be another fight, as my 6th period class had people from both groups in it. But I think no one wanted to get suspended, so nothing really happened other than one of the hip-hoppers telling me he couldn't believe I fought their biggest dude. I was like, well, I wasnt given a choice....

Haven't been in a fight since, and frankly, Im not a fighter. I will if I have to, if I am attacked, but generally, I am a walk away kind of guy.

If you had to pick one band to represent your youth, and one band to represent your present, who would it be?

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

I can answer that with one single band. Senses Fail. They were a whiney emo band I liked during middle/high school and im in college now. They coincidentally grew up and reinvented themselves as a hardcore/punk band right as I began to finally grow up a little myself. Lyrical content shifted from complaining about being depressed and lonely to uplifting and filled with constructive self analysis.

With weed becoming more acceptable and talks of legalization everywhere (at least in America) is the regulation of other "safer" drugs such as mushrooms or mdma next?

"I pop punk, not pills"

I sure as hell hope not. Personally I dont think it would be too groovy to have mass amounts of commercial grade psychedelics floating around and legal. Weed is harmless and will probably never be legal anywhere other than a handful of western states. Im not sure I even support legalization of weed. Most things should perhaps be decriminalized but if you legalize something you are opening Pandora's box and letting big business/government gain control of yet another commodity. Its is a net loss for us in the end.

If you were offered an all expenses paid trip into outer space with the goal of participating in the colonization of Mars (assuming you would be accompanied by the most qualified astronauts, engineers, and doctors alive today and that every conceivable precaution would be taken to ensure your survival...)

Would you do it?

Hell no. I'm seriously scared of heights. My knees tremble  climbing on to kitchen stool ffs so a trip to outer space is definitely out of question.

What scenario if any would probably lead you to commit suicide?

I attempted suicide in my early thirties, I had a condition called ascites which is very painful and rarely gets better.  I had stopped drinking for about a year and was still really ill and in alot if pain, immobile and extremely depressed. I just thought what's the point of carrying on and with the condition was unlikely to live more than another 2 years anyway so I slit my wrist (left hand, cutting the tendons so badly I couldn't do the right) and took a massive overdose of painkillers washed down with a litre of vodka. All in all I fucked it up and the condition got better that doesn't happen very often, the overdose didn't do any significant damage to my fucked up liver, I've got pins n needles in my hand all the time but life gradually got better n I made some big changes and life is pretty good!
Everyone is good at something so what's your talent?

Academic writing. I've had many teachers tell me i have an amazing ability to write with fluidity while still sounding very intelligent and professional. I don't feel like I put a lot of effort into writing either so i suppose thats just a natural talent.

Are you a coffee person? If so, what's your coffee bean type of choice and your cream/sugar preference?

"I pop punk, not pills"

17 (edited by TheOmnipotentTortoise 2014-02-23 20:51:27)

I prefer Columbian coffees, two sugars either black or with a bit of milk, now chop chop, I'm waiting.

How do you spend your days when not on POS?

Usually playing games, selling my soul to grad school, at the comic book store (or any book store), something artsy, dog park with my wee babies, and plotting the destruction of most human kind.

What books do you typically like reading?

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Non-fiction, biographies and history. Mostly I read about all kinds of quirks in human nature and how it actually works. I don't like reading fictional stuff in any form. Don't really have time or the patiance to read everything. So I decided early on to delimit reading just to non-fiction. Maybe someday when I'm old I'll pick up some actual literature.

What's the thing youre most proud of in your life?

That i've gone from special ed classes my freshman year of high school to being a slightly above average student and a slightly above average university. You can thank the bullshit standardized testing system for putting me in low classes in the first place though.

Dream vacation destination?

"I pop punk, not pills"

I don't know if spiderview remembers me saying this in the past, but I've always wanted to see the Nordic countries. Norway in particular from what I've seen seems so clean and beautiful. I know there are very expensive cruises around them parts that I would love to partake in. Maybe spiderview and his family could adopt me and show me the ropes.

What seemingly insignifcant thing absolutely bugs the living shit out of you?

Crumbs in bed, things that aren't organised, I've got thousounds, I could go on for days.

You can pick one decade of music to listen to and that's all you have for the rest of your life? Which one?

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

23 (edited by spiderview 2014-02-24 14:24:15)

@gnat, I do remember you talking about that. I don't know if I can persuade my wife into adopting, we're a bit busy at the moment you see, but if someday your plan goes to action I can most definitely help you out. I'd like to see northern Norway aswell. I hear it's worth the trip. You can achieve pretty closely the same thing (nature, silence, etc.) with Finnish Lapland minus the big mountain ranges and the Atlantic ocean.

@Norwood, To answer that you'd have to decide what's the most nearest and dearest music in general. I'd have to choose 2000's. Based on that if I'd have to pick one style of music from one era, I'd pick 2000's Finnish punk rock and hardcore (wasted, endstand,etc.). I grew up with those bands and then was my wildest and most intence years in punk rock and music in general. I was active in a band and in the scene. Around then, late 90's and early 2000's, was the time when I grew up so that's why it has such a deep signifigance.´

If you'd win the lottery and became a millionare, do you think you'd be able to stay the same person? I mean we all change it's inevitable, but how you think money would change you for the better and/or the worse?

I think i'd be the same. I'm too young to want to go out and buy myself a house, i've never really cared about fancy cars or pointless materialistic possessions so i'd probably just slowly leach away at my winnings going to concerts, buying expensive beer and sponsoring vacations with friends and family. Or i'd use it to buy myself an island on Lake Michigan where I could setup my own commune. My lifestyle would change but i'd hope im still the same person.

favorite sport and why?

"I pop punk, not pills"

Hate sport but if I had to choose.. Women's beach volleyball,reason why ? er women ........
What's your weakness ?