26 (edited by Bettie_Rage 2014-03-27 03:12:07)

Re: Introduce Yourself

americanskinoi wrote:

im seth im 22 from a shit hole town in ohio just released from prison and rehab jobless at moment trying to get in collage network information. enjoy working on computers and building stuff ill tear anything apart to figure out how it works. i been a member off and on for the pass few years id create profiles and forget the shit to log back in.

Well, glad you made it in one piece and your welcome packet with be in the mail with a complementary emergency whistle..it gets WEIRD up in here. And DON'T feed Gnat...he bites when he's cranky.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Sure, why not...

I'm Ick McWang, some real life people know me as Ick, some as my actual name, Shaun. I live in Brandon, Florida, a suburb just outside of Tampa that for whatever reason is known as a hotbed for testing new restaurant concepts. Look it up. I swear, everywhere you go, there is a bunch of restaurants. The first Outback Steakhouse ever is still open in the same spot on Highway 60 about 5 minutes from me, and the first Beef O Brady's is even closer, off Kings Avenue. I work as a pizza delivery driver, have been for years. Pretty much all I know. Went to college for two+ years but partied/worked too much to keep my scholarship. Im not technically "married" (in a court of law/church) but I consider myself married, we just celebrated our 15 year anniversary. 14 year old daughter whom I am very proud of (except she likes pop-punk. Better than mainstream rap, but still. I love rap, but I dont want her listening to Lil Wayne rap music tell her how females are bitches and whores who are nothing but trophy pieces.), she loves to draw and play guitar, and takes high school credit classes even though she is in middle school.

I smoke pot and drink too much, and listen to more talk radio than I do actual music

As a person born in '81, I can't act like I grew up listening to the Sex Pistols and Minor Threat. I'd be lying otherwise. 90's punk got me into punk, but since that point, I've listened to everything from Pre-punk band The Eat to whatever songs the Menzingers leak from their upcoming album.

NOFX is the band that got me into punk rock, although Offspring/Rancid/Green Day were the face of punk at the time in America, a la MTV. But I played trombone in marching band in high school, and I had a friend that was in a half ass punk band that wanting to branch into ska-punk, as the third wave of ska was at its peak. He asked me if I could play the El Hefe trumpet part from "Together on the Sand", which is actually fairly easy.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

I dont remember writing mine earlier there. What a dick that other Bacon is.

Bettie_Rage wrote:
americanskinoi wrote:

im seth im 22 from a shit hole town in ohio just released from prison and rehab jobless at moment trying to get in collage network information. enjoy working on computers and building stuff ill tear anything apart to figure out how it works. i been a member off and on for the pass few years id create profiles and forget the shit to log back in.

Well, glad you made it in one piece and your welcome packet with be in the mail with a complementary emergency whistle..it gets WEIRD up in here. And DON'T feed Gnat...he bites when he's cranky.

Try NOT feeding me and see how cranky i get

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

gnat wrote:
Bettie_Rage wrote:
americanskinoi wrote:

Try NOT feeding me and see how cranky i get

and he's full of sass.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Hey, found the thread thanks Norwood for the heads up.

Well, real name is Chris, 44 years old from London UK but living in USA for the last 17 years.
I've been going to punk gigs since I saw the damned around '82 in a park for free in South London. Played in bands since I was around 16, I'll post up some of my old bands shit, including our out of print LP and 7's.
Got lots of material to share eventually, I am in the middle of ripping my old record collection which is an ongoing project lol.
I too am an addict/alcoholic in recovery, got 3 & 1/2 years clean, saw the "Drugs and Alcohol" thread but will refrain from commenting as its everyone's individual journey if they want to get sober or not, but feel free to ask in private chat.
Anyway, here's my first band:

zerosquad wrote:

I too am an addict/alcoholic in recovery, got 3 & 1/2 years clean, saw the "Drugs and Alcohol" thread but will refrain from commenting as its everyone's individual journey if they want to get sober or not, but feel free to ask in private chat.

Feel free to jump in and share anything if you want too in the drug and alcohol thread, its there for everyone and you can share or comment on whatever you want in there. We all have different stories and are at different lengths of our journeys in that path.

Welcome to the site again anyway!

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

God damn it. Not another nice, interesting person!

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

34 (edited by Norwood 2014-06-27 04:51:23)

gnat wrote:

God damn it. Not another nice, interesting person!

Yea where are 2punk? And dickhead? And anus?
Also, can an admin sticky this one?

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Welcome to the site always room for one more.

Hi Chris! Good to have ya here  great to hear you're in recovery. Saw the trolleys loads of times n remember you playing with em ( still got the 7" n a split n the LP ). First saw you play at The robey with Coitus n GBH I think, fordham park, Gravesend cellar n depford (I was mates with Terminal Heads at the time). Whatever happened to Keith?

A VILE PRODUCT OF WELFARE UK

Hiya Mr. Wot, yeah we played a lot - I remember that GBH gig well and the Gravesend gig, full of speed that night haha. I'm still in touch with Gonk from the terminal heads, he's been over her to the USA to stay with me few times. Keith I saw last year as him and Simon flew over here to do a couple of gigs on the west coast. He's the same as ever, just 20 years older haha.
I was chatting online about an hour ago to Mike Clarke from Decadent few, remember them?

Good ol Gonk! Yeh I remember Decadent Few n used to get me vinyl from Mike, think Kaya is in Kent now (lively scene down there these days, the Commited n Anthrax playing a load of local gigs). Always liked Keith n used to see him at most gigs I went to in the 90's, I was living Gravesend then but in Hackney or New Cross a few nights a week. Looking forward to seeing wot your gonna upload mate, few unreleased trolleys tracks would be nice. Just on the bus to Brixton to a recovery space smile

A VILE PRODUCT OF WELFARE UK

Fuck it's a small world isn't it. Well actually it's a small world down here in Tasmania, Australia.

Norwood: yeah it is a small world sometime, Trolleys old bass player ended up moving down under - he's still there loving the weather and lifestyle

DoWot: Mike and I used to share a house in Peckham and he and I hit it off right away, ended up working together too lol. I do have a few unreleased trolley bits, not really that much. I have been in two bands out here in Seattle area, I will upload the stuff I recorded with them sometime. If you want to get in touch with Keith, PM me and ill send ya his details, he is a complete "technophobe" though just to warn ya!

Hi, I'm squelch, often known as 'who?' I've registered here a few times in the past, between forum crashes, made a couple posts but always forgot to come back =S I've given up on working for a living and gone back to uni, except for the part where I haven't been before, but I've heard it's quite good. Currently in Liverpool but moving to Edinburgh (most likely) in September. So need to find Scottish punks to get pissed and go to gigs with, heard there's a good scene in Glasgow but don't actually know anyone up there. I'll try and upload some stuff when I get a computer working that I can leave on big_smile

Hey gang, I'm Ben.  I'm from Indiana, USA.  You'll probably see me most in the ska section, but I do roam around.

I've been a member in the past, was really sad when I saw that the site was down, and am now happy to see that it's back up.  It seems that all the login info and data tracking has been reset, though?  (seems very likely since I was able to register with my old username)

My internet is awful and I'm sharing it.  If you're waiting on me to seed something, be patient; I'll do my best.

"I will never bow down to another man even when everyone's saying I've sinned."  - Toh Kay

BloozEhouNd wrote:

Hey gang, I'm Ben.  I'm from Indiana, USA.  You'll probably see me most in the ska section, but I do roam around.

I've been a member in the past, was really sad when I saw that the site was down, and am now happy to see that it's back up.  It seems that all the login info and data tracking has been reset, though?  (seems very likely since I was able to register with my old username)

yep

and welcome back. we should be here to stay this time

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

44 (edited by BurnTheRich 2014-10-23 11:43:03)

I am getting to be an old Fart, hell I think I am closing in on Mad's age for those of us here who remember  the original POS, GSTS and PSX. Actually I think Mad has me by about ten years. I know mel_the_bell is definitely older than me. I've been to the depths of hell with a junk addiction, but now I am off the gear and starting or at least trying to get my life back together. I basically stick to Punk, but listen to some ska once in a blue while.

Remember, remember!
The fifth of November, The Gunpowder treason and plot;
I know of no reason,
Why the Gunpowder treason. Should ever be forgot!

45 (edited by Phoenix 2014-10-23 01:01:37)

Welcome aboard fella, good luck, and you have an awesome signature.

"I tried to push him away with my head and I shouldn't have done that." - Alan Pardew

BurnTheRich wrote:

I am getting to be an old Fart, hell I think I am closing in on Mad's age for those of us here who remember  the original POS, GSTS and PSX. Actually I think Mad has me by about ten years. I know mel_the_bell is definitely older than me. I've been to the depths of hell with a junk addiction, but now I am off the gear and starting or at least trying to get my life back together. I basically stick to Punk, but listen to some ska once in a blue while.

Emmanuel Goldstein been a while , you wont remember me as as i was hiding in the shadows and shit I am older than even mel .

lizard wrote:
BurnTheRich wrote:

Emmanuel Goldstein been a while , you wont remember me as as i was hiding in the shadows and shit I am older than even mel .

Actually I do remember you, however I didn't know you were older than mel. Sorry mel no offense but you're an old bugger. It's been quite some time yes. Good to be back though.

Remember, remember!
I know of no reason,

BurnTheRich wrote:

quote]

Actually I do remember you, however I didn't know you were older than mel. Sorry mel no offense but you're an old bugger. It's been quite some time yes. Good to be back though.

nice to see you back ,only the other day i was looking for one of your old guides on uploading torrents to post on here

I remember an Emmanuel from a pos version back a few years? Same person?

Phoenix wrote:

Welcome aboard fella, good luck, and you have an awesome signature.

Thank you.

Remember, remember!
I know of no reason,