201

Re: The Walking Dead

damn. Time sure is flying. It is back.

Re: The Walking Dead

Ick McWang wrote:

Start a GoT thread, Christ. wink

I personally think it will be Abraham getting killed off. Especially when Negan hits the unknown person once, then says something about him/her being one tough son of a bitch. They say no one is untouchable, but that's not true (looking right at you, Jon Snow)

Why do I pick Abraham? Well, he's a loved character by many but he's not an original, so his death would hit home for many, cause pain, but wouldn't turn people off the show the way killing Rick or Glenn would. Also killing Abraham would bring the show back into line with the comic, since Abraham had just died from the arrow they used to kill off the nurse lady whose name I keep forgetting. Sure, Glenn being alive would take them off the comic at the same time, but I do think the show just won't kill Glenn, Rick, Rick's son.

HAH! Figured out what would happen in May before they even filmed this shit LOL. I was wrong about Glenn, but my wife is pissed about him dying. But now the show is more or less back in line with the comic, and the whole scene with the hand cutting off, I believe, is an homage to the comic and how Rick is supposed to be missing a hand. Supposedly the cost of CGI is part of why they haven't had Rick lose his hand all this time


AND BY THE WAY

Who else saw Stephen Ogg has a part as Negan's right hand man?!?!? Oh shit , I can't wait to see Trevor from GTA5 get real!

if you dont know, Stephen Ogg is the voice actor for Trevor in GTA5, but is also the likeness, and he is the perfect compliment to Negan IMO.

Check this out, to see more of the acting style that will compliment Negan. Tell me he is not PERFECT for Negan's badass sidekick

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Re: The Walking Dead

thinking the show jumped the shark? you aren't the only one

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/24/1337 … tters-club




BTW

Its awesome having Stephen Ogg in the show, no character is as matched for Negan as Trevor from GTA5

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

204

Re: The Walking Dead

Yeah I'm all for blood and guts but jeez that shit was violent. It seemed realistic of what would happen. Although I imagine in real life the women would get raped. Bunch of men capturing a group and seeing the first attractive women they have seen in a while.

Murder, rape, what's worst? They have no qualms murdering people for shock value. Why not rape someone?

It was already like watching a snuff film. No fucks were given.

This show is the same thing over and over again. The group gets themselves in a really shitty situation and one day will overcome it.

I hated the beginning of the episode because all I wanted to know was who died and then they showed the deaths and I was just disappointed. I actually knew both Abraham and Glen was going to die because I read spoilers a little while ago and they seemed like dead on theories. In fact everything in the fan theory happened from Darryl acting out to Glenn being the victim.

My problem with the Walking Dead the lack of a plot. It is just a bunch of people trying to survive the zombie apocalypse. At least in season 2 they had a mission. Go to Washington DC and try to find the cure.

What's going to happen once Rick kills Negan is the next bad guy going to be 10x more evil and methodical? Completely meticulous in all his devious plans. Perhaps it'll be the Riddler making Rick go on missions basked on mendacious riddles. Come to find out this whole time Rick is a walker.


You know what else how does everyone have such perfectly fitting clothing and their hair styled?  That shit makes no sense to me.

That group is weak now. They have lost 5 of there best people. Morgan, Carol, Glenn, and Abraham. Although I imagine Carol and Morgan will show up when she's needed the most.

I'll keep watching because I have gone this far but I'm putting the Walking Dead on notice. This may be my last season. Let's see how Rick gets out of this never ending story.

205

Re: The Walking Dead

I would have preferred if the episode would have just picked up where the last left off and been more direct without all the black and white cheesy montage (is it this person? this person? this person? etc) things. We waited long enough, it would have been nice (and better imo) if it was the first thing we were shown.

That being said... This was an overall excellent episode. I loved the brutality, and thought the Carl/Rick scene was handled well. The "I'll find you" line was fucking excellent too. To me that was one of the most haunting moments of the series.

Negan and his right hand man, love them both. Show is looking up imo, but I wont be shocked if next week is terrible.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

206

Re: The Walking Dead

I was pleasantly surprised by this episode. I was in the middle of texting my friend after Abraham died telling him that of all the things they could have changed from the comic, they were yet again ruining another female character. Then Glenn got hin in the head and I was happy.

Yes, the violence was over the top and gory and explicit, but this was to demonstrate how fucked up Negan is. Women weren't raped because Negan doesn't allow it, he's a fucked up dude, but he actually does have some morality.

And yb, I'm not sure what you expect from the show. Kirkman has said over and over that he himself knows how the zombie plague started, but it would be stupid to have the characters learn because they're just trying to survive and aren't scientists. He never plans to reveal that until the comic and show are long gone. Indulge me and compare the show to Buffy. Everyone in the Scooby Gang always joked about the "big bad" because in each and every season there was a new bad guy.  There needs to be something to move the characters and plot along because watching them build Alexandria into some zombie free utopia would be boring as fuck television. So sometimes the big bad are the zombies themselves, sometimes it's the Governor, or their lack of shelter, or Shane, or the folks at Terminus, or the dumb fucks at Alexandria. There has to be something. And yeah, there's more trouble after Negan, I wouldn't say they're evil, but they are very interesting. There has never been a plot to this show, it, like most zombie culture, is a case study in humanity with some blood and guts thrown in for effect. There isn't an overarching plot, it's just following Rick and his dwindling original group's survival. I don't think it's ever pretended to be anything more. I think the CDC nonsense was just because a) they were in Atlanta to start and b) to gain an audience by tricking them into thinking there was some master plan. There hasn't been one since then.

I think the episode did well after the cliffhanger to last season, but I still think that the cliffhanger was totally unnecessary and was put there solely for shock value. In fact, I think it would have been better to have people like me stewing that Glenn didn't die, so Maggie's character wouldn't grow in great ways, and then bam, totally surprise us after 6 months of whining.

I do still think they're taking fans for granted and the overall quality is starting to slip because of this "it has to be bigger and better with more cliffhangers" nonsense. It'll be interesting to see just how long they drag out the Negan storyline, and how integral a part the Kingdom and the Hilltop will play.

207

Re: The Walking Dead

I get what you are saying cappy, and i've never expected them to spell out how everything happened, but it would have been nice if they would have found some creative way to drop a clue or two every season. To me, that would have added so much to the show. I understand that the show is about survival and the characters, but it wouldn't take away from that.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

208

Re: The Walking Dead

I never really thought that the origin of the virus was that important a storyline in the show, once Eugene admitted he was talking shite about being a scientist with any sort of knowledge on the virus I thought that completely shut off any hope about learning any more of its origins.
I was quite happy with that, the whole show is about surviving in the new world, not finding out why the world is like it is now or putting anything back to how it was, the cause is irrelevant to the show and if the group were to stumble across the answer while wandering through the woods from one shitty little town to the next it would be pretty fuckin unrealistic. When you think about it there isn’t a lot of reminiscing going on in the group, apart from just enough to explain the basic back story of each character, the past is a pretty moot subject. Maybe eventually the camera will drift to an old newspaper headline that hints towards the origins of the virus in a Cloverfield kind of way, but I don’t think the group needs to discover the reason.

I notice this episode has been pretty much hammered online, what the fuck is a quitters club anyway? If you’re fed up of a show watch a different channel when it’s on, don’t start a fuckin club about it, keep watching critically and threatening to really quit eventually if it doesn’t start meeting your satisfaction. The fact that there are enough sad fucks out there who think the rest of the world needs to know their opinion to form a club doesn’t speak highly of the viewing audience.
I thought the episode was awesome, one of the bleakest hours of TV I’ve ever sat through, grim as fuck viewing that left me cold, unsettled and unable to even eat my tea afterwards, not because of the gore, I’m pretty used to that, just because I felt so emotionally drained, it wasn’t until Negan and his crew left the clearing and I unclenched that I realised how tense I’d been through the episode.
I said it could well be Abraham or Eugene who got it due to the fact that those two had specifically just made peace with each other, and I thought Abraham was a good choice, established enough and with a decent amount of character development not to be a cop-out choice like Aaron or Sasha, but not one of the firm favourites that would have pissed off the viewers. When he eventually turned round and fucked up Glen I realised I’d been completely sucker-punched, although given Glen’s recent history he could still survive, the bulging eyeball could well have been Abrahams off the bat, and if he managed to tortoise his head in at the last moment Negan could have been pounding dirt for ten minutes, we’ve seen him come back from worse.

Looking forward to the next few episodes anyway, they won’t compare to the opener but I’m cool with that.
Also felt like a dumbass for not realising Negan was the Comedian from Watchmen, I thought he looked familiar but thought it was cos he resembled a bloke I used to drink with.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Re: The Walking Dead

Guana wrote:

I never really thought that the origin of the virus was that important a storyline in the show, once Eugene admitted he was talking shite about being a scientist with any sort of knowledge on the virus I thought that completely shut off any hope about learning any more of its origins.
I was quite happy with that, the whole show is about surviving in the new world, not finding out why the world is like it is now or putting anything back to how it was, the cause is irrelevant to the show and if the group were to stumble across the answer while wandering through the woods from one shitty little town to the next it would be pretty fuckin unrealistic. When you think about it there isn’t a lot of reminiscing going on in the group, apart from just enough to explain the basic back story of each character, the past is a pretty moot subject. Maybe eventually the camera will drift to an old newspaper headline that hints towards the origins of the virus in a Cloverfield kind of way, but I don’t think the group needs to discover the reason.

I notice this episode has been pretty much hammered online, what the fuck is a quitters club anyway? If you’re fed up of a show watch a different channel when it’s on, don’t start a fuckin club about it, keep watching critically and threatening to really quit eventually if it doesn’t start meeting your satisfaction. The fact that there are enough sad fucks out there who think the rest of the world needs to know their opinion to form a club doesn’t speak highly of the viewing audience.
I thought the episode was awesome, one of the bleakest hours of TV I’ve ever sat through, grim as fuck viewing that left me cold, unsettled and unable to even eat my tea afterwards, not because of the gore, I’m pretty used to that, just because I felt so emotionally drained, it wasn’t until Negan and his crew left the clearing and I unclenched that I realised how tense I’d been through the episode.
I said it could well be Abraham or Eugene who got it due to the fact that those two had specifically just made peace with each other, and I thought Abraham was a good choice, established enough and with a decent amount of character development not to be a cop-out choice like Aaron or Sasha, but not one of the firm favourites that would have pissed off the viewers. When he eventually turned round and fucked up Glen I realised I’d been completely sucker-punched, although given Glen’s recent history he could still survive, the bulging eyeball could well have been Abrahams off the bat, and if he managed to tortoise his head in at the last moment Negan could have been pounding dirt for ten minutes, we’ve seen him come back from worse.

Looking forward to the next few episodes anyway, they won’t compare to the opener but I’m cool with that.
Also felt like a dumbass for not realising Negan was the Comedian from Watchmen, I thought he looked familiar but thought it was cos he resembled a bloke I used to drink with.

as usual Mr G full of sense, id agree with it all, i think, and the quitters can suck my nut sack, theres been those that whine and whinge on walking dead communities for the past few seasons now, fgs if it gets on yer tits dont watch it, if its got worse, just dont watch it. the trouble is its held on a pedestal cos its one of the best things on tv, ever and people have their own vision for it and how it should unfold.........but............... we are not the makers, we watch, they make, we watch their vision of it, not ours.

Also people say its going downhill, well.............no shit, its on series 7, how many shows make it past say 3 let alone 7 (and its been signed up for an 8th) it must be hard to keep up the exact same story telling, effects etc.

Also, youve got remember kids, its based on a comic series, NOT the most in depth of story telling mediums in the world wink

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

Re: The Walking Dead

gnat wrote:

I would have preferred if the episode would have just picked up where the last left off and been more direct without all the black and white cheesy montage (is it this person? this person? this person? etc) things. We waited long enough, it would have been nice (and better imo) if it was the first thing we were shown.

That being said... This was an overall excellent episode. I loved the brutality, and thought the Carl/Rick scene was handled well. The "I'll find you" line was fucking excellent too. To me that was one of the most haunting moments of the series.

Negan and his right hand man, love them both. Show is looking up imo, but I wont be shocked if next week is terrible.

i knew the dragging it on bit was gonna annoy a few folks, they like messing with peoples heads lol, personally i wasnt bothered, knew we was gonna find out anyway, but it diid make me chuckle tongue

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

Re: The Walking Dead

yb wrote:

Yeah I'm all for blood and guts but jeez that shit was violent. It seemed realistic of what would happen. Although I imagine in real life the women would get raped. Bunch of men capturing a group and seeing the first attractive women they have seen in a while.

Murder, rape, what's worst? They have no qualms murdering people for shock value. Why not rape someone?

It was already like watching a snuff film. No fucks were given.

if youve read the comics youd know, Negan forbids rape, he sort of does have morals tongue although he also "owns" all the women and has a harem, thats why he irons peoples faces, like dwights for people trying to escape, say no to taking their women, but i think rapists would get far worse

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

212

Re: The Walking Dead

Guana, I'm surprised you didn't recognize him as Denny Duquette from Grey's Anatomy. I'm enjoying an image of you hugging a pillow with tears in your eyes whispering "Fuck you, Shonda Rhimes."

I thought that the Quitters Club article made some good points. Especially about the tone and scope of the show with Gimple at the helm. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the fuck out of The Walking Dead, but there's something to be said about shit just being done for shock value. While I thought this premier was good, I still don't think it justified the cliched cliffhanger at the end of last season.

That said, I listen to Chris Hardwick's podcast sometimes and he said something interesting in one I just listened to. That people are taking their fandoms so seriously that they think entertainment is their right and they have a right to make demands on the creators. It was an interesting idea, and while some people take shit way too far, I don't think there is anything wrong with turning a critical eye to the mediums you love. I think with TWD, I worry that we're moving toward a show with awesome effects and brutal original deaths but with no heart.  It hasn't gotten there yet, and I will continue watching for the foreseeable future, but I do worry about the direction in which it's moving. We'll see. I'm not close to giving up on it yet, but I could see myself getting bored with it if they continue with a shock and awe campaign.

213

Re: The Walking Dead

Looking forward to the next few episodes anyway, they won’t compare to the opener but I’m cool with that.
Also felt like a dumbass for not realising Negan was the Comedian from Watchmen, I thought he looked familiar but thought it was cos he resembled a bloke I used to drink with.

DOH! me too lol. I knew id seen him before, just not where.

Re: The Walking Dead

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

Re: The Walking Dead

Ick McWang wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

Start a GoT thread, Christ. wink

I personally think it will be Abraham getting killed off. Especially when Negan hits the unknown person once, then says something about him/her being one tough son of a bitch. They say no one is untouchable, but that's not true (looking right at you, Jon Snow)

Why do I pick Abraham? Well, he's a loved character by many but he's not an original, so his death would hit home for many, cause pain, but wouldn't turn people off the show the way killing Rick or Glenn would. Also killing Abraham would bring the show back into line with the comic, since Abraham had just died from the arrow they used to kill off the nurse lady whose name I keep forgetting. Sure, Glenn being alive would take them off the comic at the same time, but I do think the show just won't kill Glenn, Rick, Rick's son.

HAH! Figured out what would happen in May before they even filmed this shit LOL. I was wrong about Glenn, but my wife is pissed about him dying. But now the show is more or less back in line with the comic, and the whole scene with the hand cutting off, I believe, is an homage to the comic and how Rick is supposed to be missing a hand. Supposedly the cost of CGI is part of why they haven't had Rick lose his hand all this time


AND BY THE WAY

Who else saw Stephen Ogg has a part as Negan's right hand man?!?!? Oh shit , I can't wait to see Trevor from GTA5 get real!

if you dont know, Stephen Ogg is the voice actor for Trevor in GTA5, but is also the likeness, and he is the perfect compliment to Negan IMO.

Check this out, to see more of the acting style that will compliment Negan. Tell me he is not PERFECT for Negan's badass sidekick

Thought that was Trevor. Damn Rick's group is fucked!!!!

PunBB bbcode test

Re: The Walking Dead

Chelsea_Bound wrote:

Thought that was Trevor. Damn Rick's group is fucked!!!!

if youve read the comics, you'll know

AHEM!!

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

217

Re: The Walking Dead

Thought the newest ep was pretty damn good. Daryl episode coming up.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: The Walking Dead

gnat wrote:

Thought the newest ep was pretty damn good. Daryl episode coming up.

its weird cos daryls not in the comics, and if i remember right i cant remember anybody getting stolen, so fuck knows whats gonna happen

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

Re: The Walking Dead

mel_the_bell wrote:
gnat wrote:

Thought the newest ep was pretty damn good. Daryl episode coming up.

its weird cos daryls not in the comics, and if i remember right i cant remember anybody getting stolen, so fuck knows whats gonna happen

They are gonna beat the shit out of him (Daryl). Negan likes his "spunk" but wants him on his side, not Rick's. He got punched in the face by him, after all.

Just to throw a little bit onto Negan, don't forget Rick and the Crew killed quite a few of Negans men, and objectively, he is "right" to seek some revenge. And on and on the circle goes...

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

220

Re: The Walking Dead

I'm also curious to see what happens with Daryl. My biggest guess is that they're using him as a way to see into Negan's operations to both show that he's a powerful (his harem, the size of his op) but that he's not a complete psycho and is just trying to protect his people in much the same way that Rick is, he just uses brutal tactics to achieve his goal. I would almost bet money on the fact that he won't torture or abuse Daryl, but try to convince him to become a Savior. Can't do that shit if you're constantly beating him.

And mel, no one is stolen per say, but a member of Rick's group did make it to Negan's base of operations, in a way.

Re: The Walking Dead

Episode after Sunday's is gonna be 80 minutes long apparently

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

Re: The Walking Dead

finally caught up, that execution was proper brutal. I had no idea steven ogg was trevor from gta, when i saw him i thought "hey that guy looks like trevor" lol. 80 minute episode should be excellent

PM Me if You Need A Reseed on Anything I Downloaded or Uploaded