Topic: how can we improve the site?

what are some things we can add to the site to make it even better?

i'd like to see some ideas / lists.

Re: how can we improve the site?

groups perhaps? i can faintly remember there being different groups that you could put us all in. do not remember if there was a use for them though

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

The old setup of Serious Discussion/Troll Bridge was better than having them grouped into one Shoot the Shit board if you ask me.

"I pop punk, not pills"

^yeah this although i personally never enforced the only serious in serious discussion as any disscusion irl or otherwise invariably breaks down into troll or shit talking..but i think the old format was a nicer look to the site, other than that its the people who make a site so as always we need to get noobs joining in and not just stealing music n fooking off..now we all know there a multitude of ways to do this but what really works?
Perhaps the "newer" members such as norwood, bettie rage etc would better to field this question and explain what kept them here and what made them jump in.

Yeah i think the best thing we could do to improve is try to get back as many users from the old site as possible. The more activity there is, the better. I also need to stop being such a lazy fuck and start uploading again. Its just a pain even thinking about it since my computer crashed a few months ago.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

gnat wrote:

Yeah i think the best thing we could do to improve is try to get back as many users from the old site as possible.

even maxtennessee?

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

7 (edited by ℊnat 2013-08-23 20:40:41)

imazombie wrote:
gnat wrote:

Yeah i think the best thing we could do to improve is try to get back as many users from the old site as possible.

even maxtennessee?

Yeah him and Anus as well... roll

oh joy

I remember maxtennesse, That was when i first joined up a few years ago.

Yea id say go with the old format/layout, looks nicer and the sections wont fill up so quick and then we will have 300 pages of topics. Probably with a lot of duplications. And bring members back maybe? Gives people something to 'achieve' or whatever? The people that have stuck around forever get a bit of recognition.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

i have been around for awhile idk maybe 6 years. i just happen to move a lot and well internets are expensive and fuck if im gonna pay that.  no one remembers me though

imazombie wrote:

i have been around for awhile idk maybe 6 years. i just happen to move a lot and well internets are expensive and fuck if im gonna pay that.  no one remembers me though

Cheer up emo kid! I remember you

YAY! im remembered! i can now go on living.

you know what? we need to bring back the cheerful banter between chisox & guana. i remember that's what made forums of pos more interesting than any other forum. remember the time when chisox would write something & then guana would write a page long post telling him how he is wrong. that's what made me stick to the forums of pos.

I've been using this cite since around 2008.

With that said
Whenever I download shit it never seeds no matter how long I leave the fucker up.

In addition, I'd like to share some of the stuff I have and have no idea how to go about it. I followed a link about sharing and it led me here.

Just wanna help.

15 (edited by biggie.tummy 2013-08-25 10:34:55)

In addition to grouping the torrents by genre, can we also group it by the continent of the origin of the band/artist?

So that we can easily discover great bands/artists from other countries. big_smile

^ Have you any idea how many new forums that would create? most of them would only have a couple of albums in them, best bet would just be to put the nationality in the thread title

Ratman wrote:

you know what? we need to bring back the cheerful banter between chisox & guana. i remember that's what made forums of pos more interesting than any other forum. remember the time when chisox would write something & then guana would write a page long post telling him how he is wrong. that's what made me stick to the forums of pos.

Yeah I can't see that happening, last time teddies were thrown out of prams and vaginas were bent seriously out of contention, that lot kinda sidestep my posts nowadays, or at least toward the end of the last site, doesn't matter if I'm being serious or fucking about.
Not that arsed anyway, I've got a real life Chisox that I work with so I've been giving him double big_smile
You hear that Chisox? That poor dumb bastard probably goes home and beats his wife, kids and pets because of you, hope you're happy?

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

I feel like the dkm bashing has really gone to shit around here. Perhaps this is the problem?

Ratman wrote:

back in those days i was stonned/drunk out of my gourds. every post was beyond amusing to me. now im all SXE and not much fun and hate people even more

gnat wrote:

I feel like the dkm bashing has really gone to shit around here. Perhaps this is the problem?

DKM getting mentioned in every forum and every post. it wasnt a day on POS without them being mentioned and the punk rockness of them.

i also dont remember who it was but it was around the time of when that "hide your kids, hide your wife" youtube video blew up. someone did like an acoustic ska style version of it. i fuckin loved that

?

Is that Jesus on guitar?

A VILE PRODUCT OF WELFARE UK

not as good as the person who posted it. it was a member here that posted it. llkw? idk i dont remember.

The old site had RSS feeds, which I would see when new stuff was added...

so does this one.