*bombs drop*

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Re: how can we improve the site?

imazombie wrote:

i also dont remember who it was but it was around the time of when that "hide your kids, hide your wife" youtube video blew up. someone did like an acoustic ska style version of it. i fuckin loved that

That would be llkw, if I remember correctly.

OiTheAria wrote:
imazombie wrote:

i also dont remember who it was but it was around the time of when that "hide your kids, hide your wife" youtube video blew up. someone did like an acoustic ska style version of it. i fuckin loved that

That would be llkw, if I remember correctly.

YES! thats who it was.

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

Ahh torrent info? Like who's downloading/seeding? Whos upped how much, that sort of stuff, we used to have it? Who has downloaded etc? Makes it easier to pm someone to seed again if required?

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

What about a “classics” section under music? So a subsection for all your must haves.. (crass, ramones , specials etc…) This would also give some room for discussion for what’s a classic and what’s not

I want to upload music here, but there isn't a simple description how to get that done. No FAQ.  I can steel music super easy, I just felt like sharing some. The CD is in the drive... but there's no way to just upload it to this site? I can use utorrent to take... I'm just not sure how to give.
Maybe an upload/seed FAQ might be in order.
Thanks. Sorry for my ignorance.

I can probably do something up later on on how to upload a basic torrent. I'm not real clever with it but I can do the basic basics. Also when you download anything, just leave the file where you download it to, don't rename it or move it or anything, and leave the file open in your utorrent and it will keep seeding and sharing out to whoever else downloads it.

Also I'm not for the classics section, we could definitely have a discussion on what we all consider classics, but a section as well? It becomes a little to messy and there will be random music everywhere when some thinks an album is classic and someone thinks its not. Just easy to browse through the genres as they are probably. That's my feeling anyway.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Norwood wrote:

Also I'm not for the classics section, we could definitely have a discussion on what we all consider classics, but a section as well? It becomes a little to messy and there will be random music everywhere when some thinks an album is classic and someone thinks its not. Just easy to browse through the genres as they are probably. That's my feeling anyway.

agreed

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

heroinvomit wrote:

I want to upload music here, but there isn't a simple description how to get that done. No FAQ.  I can steel music super easy, I just felt like sharing some. The CD is in the drive... but there's no way to just upload it to this site? I can use utorrent to take... I'm just not sure how to give.
Maybe an upload/seed FAQ might be in order.
Thanks. Sorry for my ignorance.

There used to be a good thread on one of the old versions of the site but that might be long gone and can't be resurected.  I did a really brief (and rough) outline of the process for someone a bit ago here:  http://www.punkoiska.com/viewtopic.php?id=203 .  This assumes that you already have music digitally on your computer that you are trying to share.  If you have a CD with tunes, you'd need to rip that to your computer first....there isn't a magic button that copies music directly from a disc to the interwebs for sharing.  Nonetheless, a sticky thread outline would be good for new folks...i'm just too damn busy now and lazy when i'm not busy, to write those memoirs...sorry.

((( I had to migrate to a new computer, so if you need me to re-post something, let me know. )))

I have all the pictures from the one I did on the site about two crashes ago, but this site looks different so.. I might do another one here if I find the time this weekend.

can we have a band/artist of the month thread? big_smile

Also maybe bring back the top ten downloads thing? It helps out the newer members so they can download something everyone else grabs and then get there ratio up a little bit?

And still the torrent info thing still if possible (seeders/leechers/whos downloaded etc) on each torrent.

and after uploading a certain amount, can we have a dental/medical plan?

How about I just send you a nude photo?

Norwood wrote:

I've seen enough of those, thanks

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

party pooper... sad

Norwood wrote:

Its a date!

woohoo! I love dates!

Greetings, we band The Resistance Oi! from Denpasar-Bali, Indonesia that has been established since 1998
Greetings all, thank you

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Resi … 2919623276
https://twitter.com/TheResistance98
http://www.reverbnation.com/theresistancedps

the resistance wrote:

Greetings, we band The Resistance Oi! from Denpasar-Bali, Indonesia that has been established since 1998
Greetings all, thank you

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Resi … 2919623276
https://twitter.com/TheResistance98
http://www.reverbnation.com/theresistancedps

greetings fellas, like your stuff. ....Upload some for us chaps wink

A VILE PRODUCT OF WELFARE UK

Can howling or Ick have a look at any of these improvements or let us know were we are at with them? Also are we able to get  quotes and shit available for signatures. BB code or whatever its called?

Also just to have a whinge, can people start saying thankyou when they grab some download, i know i shouldnt really care,, but it doesnt take much and im sure i have one torrent that has been downloaded 20+ times and not one thankyou or anything. Its not hard folks. wink

Norwood wrote:

im sure i have one torrent that has been downloaded 20+ times and not one thankyou or anything. Its not hard folks. wink

twats ain't they

Yea especially for you lizard, all the shit you do for this site. Its not hard is it...

Norwood wrote:

Also just to have a whinge, can people start saying thankyou when they grab some download, i know i shouldnt really care,, but it doesnt take much and im sure i have one torrent that has been downloaded 20+ times and not one thankyou or anything. Its not hard folks. wink

i thanked this post for you :]

though i personally dont really care about the thanks. reminds me of reddits karma or facebook likes or tumblr notes. i just dont fucking care really.  though i do like to see thank you comments when people dl my stuff.

do we have many hit and runners and low ratio users?