Re: how can we improve the site?

Remember the album reviews section we had a few sites ago? I'd love it if that came back. Then again I was the only one who wrote reviews. But it was still a lot of fun.

"I pop punk, not pills"

52 (edited by TheOmnipotentTortoise 2013-12-05 06:44:21)

chisox100 wrote:

Remember the album reviews section we had a few sites ago? I'd love it if that came back. Then again I was the only one who wrote reviews. But it was still a lot of fun.

Was it an album reviews section or just a post?

:edit: Ignore my above comment, just had a look on the wayback machine and there was a section for reviews

Yeah i put it in but to be honest it didnt get much action, why dont ya start a poll see if folks want it back?

Maybe I'm missing something but... Where are the rules posted?

Making them easier for newbs like me would be and improvement. I hear people talking about them all the time but can't see them for myself.

Umm

Steve wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something but... Where are the rules posted?

Making them easier for newbs like me would be and improvement. I hear people talking about them all the time but can't see them for myself.

Was thinking this myself will get them sorted out when i get time

Hi MAD!

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

hard to tell. was mad an old respected member? Or are all the "umm" posts because no one has banned him/her/them yet? lol

Bacon wrote:

mad an old respected member

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Old being the key word there

61 (edited by Norwood 2014-01-07 09:34:32)

I don't care how old anyone is, another fellow Australian is all that matters!

Bacon wrote:

hard to tell. was mad an old respected member?

Old ... Yes,
Respected? .... Bwahahahaha http://www.rcindia.org/Smileys/default/rofl.gif

Actually he is quite an important person if you like punk and torrenting, him and d0g helped set this place up with BJ back in the day, he set up GSTS when we (briefly) went torrent free here, he's done a shitload of work on PT in recent years and he runs Punk band promotions (which I'd recommend joining to all the people who like to say they knew bands before they were "famous" wink)
He's like the Ron Jeremy of punk sites, every time you think he's gone he randomly pops up again.
He's a good bloke but pretty useless at chess

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

And hes totally fuckin mad

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Bacon wrote:

hard to tell. was mad an old respected member? Or are all the "umm" posts because no one has banned him/her/them yet? lol

this site wouldn't exist without him

put it that way

blackjackal wrote:
Bacon wrote:

this site wouldn't exist without him

put it that way

Kangaroo Aids probably wouldn't exist without him either

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

66 (edited by Norwood 2014-01-14 11:28:27)

As far as improving the site, im still all for getting the code or whatever in the signatures so we can quote and stuff, and bringing back member titles/positions or whatever they were like zombies and undead or whatever they were, and maybe member awards, just some fun ones or something? We've been kicking on for the last couple of years on and off, well i have, a lot of you have been kicking on for a lot longer than that. Maybe spice it up a little, keep people coming back.

We need to toughen up the login/security, check out the request forum, the spammers are back full time.
also..we need to limit chisox's posting on here(lol)

68 (edited by robotron 2014-01-17 19:18:29)

Norwood wrote:

As far as improving the site, im still all for getting the code or whatever in the signatures so we can quote and stuff, and bringing back member titles/positions or whatever they were like zombies and undead or whatever they were, and maybe member awards, just some fun ones or something? We've been kicking on for the last couple of years on and off, well i have, a lot of you have been kicking on for a lot longer than that. Maybe spice it up a little, keep people coming back.

+1

Also amount of seeders/leachers/downloads on torrents in forum view

Edit: Also seeing your ratio on home page

Yea what robo said as well,

Plus who has downloaded, who is seeding, upload/download ratio for that torrent, same sorta stuff we used to have, those kind of details in the forum. It's handy if there is no one seeding to pm someone who has completed it and get them to seed again.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iFzgn-qhIiY/UJO9iYOGM2I/AAAAAAAAAjY/UFB9wbAxSag/s1600/bump-road_sign2.jpg

yeah i need to make a list or have a list made for me of all the suggestions people have made so far so i can go through them all..........just so busy and lazy

Just handball it to another admin. That's how a management chain works isn't, just keep passing the jobs down till someone can't pass it on any further! wink

Norwood wrote:

Just handball it to another admin. That's how a management chain works isn't, just keep passing the jobs down till someone can't pass it on any further! wink

no other admin can write code like BJ can write code

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Bj, here are the ones I've heard mentioned.

Forums-
User groups similar to the system we had before
^and/or customizable titles? Probably wouldnt need that though with the user groups
Morph Shoot the Shit into more of a Serious Discussion format and leave Troll Bridge as is
Add a Reviews section

Torrents
See whos seeding and whos leeching as well as who has downloaded each torrent
Up/down ratio visible on homepage and under our avatars
Seeds/leech info for each torrent in forum view

Did i miss anything?

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Top 10 section, uploads, torrents, users, topics etc or whatever we used to have.

Code in the signitures for SMALL pic signitures and quoting and stuff.

Rules section

Member awards, there's not enough of us to have as many categories as we used too, but a couple would be fun.