Re: how can we improve the site?

Ya I get what you're saying about the thanks. Just always baffles my mind. I'm too old school. No doubt I'll sour into an old curmudgeon.

I'd like to tie you up and shit in your face
Kick you in the cunt, girl, put you in your place
Puke up your mother's pussy and fuck you in the face
Teenage twats, now's the time, now's the place (Now's the place)

mel_the_bell wrote:

by the way can the leeches still download when theyre pink? nones complained so far, i think we should tighten the scrotum screws wink

im digging into the settings of this basic basic board, but Im having a hard time being able to find a setting where I can differentiate between a leech who has only downloaded a gig or 2 and hasnt had a chance to seed it back vs the people that are just taking the piss. For now I wont punish the innocent because of the guilty.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Ick McWang wrote:
mel_the_bell wrote:

by the way can the leeches still download when theyre pink? nones complained so far, i think we should tighten the scrotum screws wink

im digging into the settings of this basic basic board, but Im having a hard time being able to find a setting where I can differentiate between a leech who has only downloaded a gig or 2 and hasnt had a chance to seed it back vs the people that are just taking the piss. For now I wont punish the innocent because of the guilty.

cool

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

I cant remember if this has already been mentioned or not, but ive seen on some forums they have a spoiler thing in the coding? So you can write something and you have to click on it to reveal it? Its no biggie, but might save a bit of trouble for those who really dont want to see but still want to participate in the conversation, especially in tv series threads etc.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

gotta get BJ onto that one, you can use the {code} where { means [ and } means ]. But it doesnt reveal itself like a hidden ink puzzle, thats where BJ would come in

example of code [  ]

POOP POOP POOP

Oh yea no worries, didn't know if you guys could do that, yea I guess if it's banged in code then that gives people a heads up. Cheers Ick.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

so uhhh...i need to put together a compiled list of changes and get cracking....

Norwood wrote:

Oh yea no worries, didn't know if you guys could do that, yea I guess if it's banged in code then that gives people a heads up. Cheers Ick.

sites that have the option you are talking about, you would put [spoiler]  EAT SHIT  [/spoiler] and unless you hovered your mouse pointer over the quote box you wouldn't see the spoiler. But on this board you dont get anything but EAT SHIT surrounded by code

Don't include the section "Offers" in the site search. Give it it's own search.
Threads like this one http://www.punkoiska.com/viewtopic.php?id=94

just make it a huge pain in the ass when you want to post something and are searching the site to see if it's already here.

Could we just close pelle's offer threads since he's not really here

themaker75 wrote:

just make it a huge pain in the ass when you want to post something and are searching the site to see if it's already here.

http://www.punkoiska.com/search.php?advanced=1
use this search option and you can tick the forums you want to search

OK cool never knew that was an option. I'll bookmark that. Thanks

robotron wrote:

Could we just close pelle's offer threads since he's not really here

we hold out hope

themaker75 wrote:

there are options to tidy it up a bit, but I hear you

mel_the_bell wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:
mel_the_bell wrote:

cool

Is it possible to set it possible to set a ratio point of something relatively low- say  .33- as a minimum baseline? It's true that there are some torrents that just don't attract a lot of love (I have no idea why anyone would turn down government issue in lossless, but it turns out that pretty much everyone does), but I think a ratio requirement would help because it encourages people to upload when they are falling behind and encourages more people to seed at least until they get their ratio up
I know my own ratio is not worth bragging about; I've accidentally messed up files (autolyrics), I've had major problems with torrent clients, but most of it is a result of not wanting to come back to this site;  leechers don't just take music, they take away the reason that I want to post- to give back to others who make up this little community. That's not how I feel right now. I feel like I'm a national park being looted for resources. I'm already feeling jaded after two hours of maxed out bandwidth for people who couldn't even bother to give enough to the people directly behind them, let alone seed for awhile.

People who leech aren't going to stop, if you didn't have those people just coming in and grabbing stuff then your ratio would be much worse than what it is now. Its just part of the package with a website like this. It also accounts for half our members probably, and if we get one or two out of the hundred who actually hang around and post then its a good thing in my opinion. But yes, others that are just coming in and grabbing hundreds of gb of downloads and leaving is not a good thing. Have to draw the line somewhere.

Norwood wrote:

People who leech aren't going to stop, if you didn't have those people just coming in and grabbing stuff then your ratio would be much worse than what it is now. Its just part of the package with a website like this. It also accounts for half our members probably, and if we get one or two out of the hundred who actually hang around and post then its a good thing in my opinion. But yes, others that are just coming in and grabbing hundreds of gb of downloads and leaving is not a good thing. Have to draw the line somewhere.

yeah i dont mind the hit and runners, it helps improve my ratio, if they were banned then id lose out on ratio lol

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

Hope you don't mind me being honest but to me the site is a bit chaotic. I love when the tracker part and the forum part is divided and torrents have a bit more info, could be I'm just spoiled by some of those Gazelle trackers ofcourse. People here are super, the content is more than enough, but somehow it doesn't feel like a tracker. Like some members said before you hardly get any overview on stats, people seem to struggle with ratio,...

Why not make a change to another platform? Gazelle might be expensive but what about Xenforo for example? With a few donations it is funded quite easily and has lots of possibilities. Userbase expansion might be needed so let me know if I can help out there. Have some bonus system for long-term seeders, helps keeping files alive and help people struggling with ratio's. Have some nice dark anarchist theme for the site to make it more attractive.

Im all for more info and easy simple layout too, i liked the version we had for a few months before this that was really nice with lots of stats and nice layout. It also showed who had downloaded and who was seeding, which makes it easy to ask someone for a seed if you can see who has downloaded it previously, also makes it easier top find people who are downloading and then removing it straight from there tracker.  The one problem as you mentioned though is going to be donations. Nothing nice comes for free.

I personally don't like the really dark websites. I don't need and blacked out computer screen to prove my inner punx.

Norwood wrote:

I personally don't like the really dark websites. I don't need and blacked out computer screen to prove my inner punx.

i find its easier on the eyes for me

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

imazombie wrote:
Norwood wrote:

i find its easier on the eyes for me

A lot of sites have at least a couple skins. This prehistoric board we are running is very basic, even by 2010 standards

Really slow around here, isn't it?

Download counter isn't working anymore

robotron wrote:

Download counter isn't working anymore

I haven't seen the download counters work on new torrents for the last several months.  The old torrents counters work though.  I haven't seen anyone else mention this till now so I thought I would mention it also.  Tried another browser and same thing as in Chrome.  Also in laptop browser.

PM me if you need a seed on one of my posts.
Hit & run leechers can go to hell.  I will stop posting if I see my torrents with 0 seeds right after I post it.
Thanks to donors and people who post something.