Topic: Now accepting bitcoin donations

feel free to send us some if you can swing it

PM or email me afterward and i'll hook you up with a ratio boost

Re: Now accepting bitcoin donations

Wow fancy schmancy. I'll use my hackzors and transfer some 1337 money pretty soon.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

So im a n00b but i didnt realize you had to have a bank account? That seems very 20th century to me. Is there some way around this?

This is how skynet first developed, and decided that the human race is inferior.

sry, fell asleep next to the tv again.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Main_Page

For those that dont know or are just unsure heres a bit about bitcoin.

When paypal wants to confiscate our donations, this is where we go.

What I wish is I got on the bitcoin train a few years back when I was using Vidalia to visit Silk Road and bitcoins were worth like 10-15 bucks. Now they are worth a good bit.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Ive never really read up at all about bitcoin or used or or have anyone i know use them for that matter, I might do a little more reasearch for the moment.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

yeah it sucks that we have to resort to this, nobody seems to use it

seems to be a bit dodgy buying em?
cant use paypal
dont think us in the uk can use uk banks?
just buy em off random sellers on sites youve never heard of?

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

10 (edited by ℊnat 2014-07-07 20:04:53)

Nah theres trustworthy sites out there I just didnt know you had to have a bank account.

I dont know, but would one of those public kickstarter type sites work? Keep the bitcoin for those who can use that though.

Edit: you probably wouldnt go in saying you want to fund the server fees for a torrent site...i dont know what the specific rules are, but you could probably create one like "bj wants to buy a pony" and we would know what it was for? Idk.

http://www.gofundme.com

Gofundme and kickstarter both take a percentage and have time limits to hit the target.
I much preferred the badge/button method we used last time, how come we stopped using that?

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Guana wrote:

Gofundme and kickstarter both take a percentage and have time limits to hit the target.
I much preferred the badge/button method we used last time, how come we stopped using that?

you talking about where you buy a button or whatnot and donate thatway? most of them take so large a percentage for themselves, upwards of 90% or more, that we felt it was making them far more money than what it did for us. But it can always be looked into again as well

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

I think gofundme's cut is pretty small. Much less than the pin thing sounds like. Yeah theres a time window i guess but we could prepare for it in advance you know? Set a date so it wont take people by surprise and set reasonable goals.

Guana wrote:

well for a $5 donation i had to charge $8.50 to cover zazzle's costs, then when i went to withdraw the money they said i needed to have a paypal account to send the money too, which is retarded because i was only using it to replace paypal

so they wanted their cut, and then to have paypal get a cut of what was left. so i was getting less than 50% of the money spent on each button.

it was fucking retarded

i'm looking into gofundme.

You can if you are able to, set up a merchant account with your bank to accept donations, i belive you would physically have to go to your bank. But you couod then provide a link where people can pay direct from their card via a secure link that accepts card payments? No need for a third party program then straight from one bank account to another i belive.

blackjackal wrote:
Guana wrote:

well for a $5 donation i had to charge $8.50 to cover zazzle's costs, then when i went to withdraw the money they said i needed to have a paypal account to send the money too, which is retarded because i was only using it to replace paypal

so they wanted their cut, and then to have paypal get a cut of what was left. so i was getting less than 50% of the money spent on each button.

it was fucking retarded

i'm looking into gofundme.

I think gofundme take about 10% so it would definitely be a better way to go than zazzle's 40+%, the robbing cunts.
Would it not be simpler to get a company to just make a bunch of badges and run a site selling them yourself? I can't see it costing that much to send out the badges, especially since most donors are regulars who probably won't care if you send them one or not.
I'm not sure how gofundme works, I know that on the only project on kickstarter I've been involved with Amazon just took the pledges and only charged the sponsors once the target has been hit, As far as I know with gofundme the money gets through to the cause as it comes in so that's definitely the way to go.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad