Topic: fat mike kicks kid in face on stage

preeeeetty weak

Re: fat mike kicks kid in face on stage

I saw that on Facebook this morning. Very nasty kick it is, too.

"I tried to push him away with my head and I shouldn't have done that." - Alan Pardew

One moro reason not to listen to his shitty band.

One things I appreciated about GG Allin is everyone knew he was an asshole. He never tried to hide it. I hate fake motherfuckers that act nice but give you an asshole side whenever they want. Fuck you Far Mike. It's a punk concert not a Michael Bolton concert. That kick was totally unnecessary.

I'd like to tie you up and shit in your face
Kick you in the cunt, girl, put you in your place
Puke up your mother's pussy and fuck you in the face
Teenage twats, now's the time, now's the place (Now's the place)

spiderview wrote:

One moro reason not to listen to his shitty band.

Couldnt have said it better. What a fuckin pussy

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

6 (edited by Dave78 2014-11-06 15:18:41)

Shows the level of contempt he has for NOFX fans. The second kick was clearly malicious intent. He's slowly morphing into an embarrassing middle-aged Bert from Sesame Street each passing day. Hopefully some of the good bands affiliated with his commercial enterprise will take notice.

I've said it before ...

Guana wrote:

just when I thought the fat fucker couldn't drop any further in my estimation he rolls down yet another ditch http://bighuskerfan.com/vbbs/images/smilies/thumbsdown.gif

The guys a colossal wanker, really wish I'd stuck my head round the door at Rebellion and launched a bottle of piss at the fuckers head now.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

https://www.facebook.com/screechingweas … 2338095362

9 (edited by Bettie_Rage 2014-11-06 21:11:35)

HAH this was just on tmz, since my dad likes that shit. i thought it was hilarious...the fat bastard could get his leg that high. I like NOFX because I like to laugh...and they keep this idiot amused smile

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

I'll be devil's advocate here and say that NO ONE likes the guy who goes on stage and tries to take the mic/hug all over band members. That guy sucks and probably wasn't his first trip up to the stage. He deserved every bit of that kick, get the fuck off the stage, no one came to see you drunkenly mumble through NOFX songs, Fat Mike has a monopoly on that.

God damn Mike... Ive been a NOFX fan since the early 90's and Im pretty ashamed. Look, I know one thing about Mike since back when, he doesnt like people touching him onstage, he never has. This is one of the few times I didn't see a bouncer, or Limo (his main roadie/bouncer) or the tatted guy who usually runs the merch booth and does some roadie work get to the fan looooong before they have a chance to grab Mike. I saw him do something nowhere near as harsh at a show in Orlando at the House of Blues, a guy came onstage to stagedive, but instead tried to "singalong" with Mike. It was the end of the song, and Mike kinda pushed the guy away with one arm as Limo grabbed him away. Mike then said briefly, "Look, stagediving is cool, whatever, but don't fucking touch us. I dont know who you are. I might get sick" he said it half-jokingly, like he usually does, but hell, Dimebag Darrel was killed by a fan onstage, right?

Some sarcasm there. Im not necessarily standing up for him but I am wondering where his normal bodyguard-types are. Then again, he is trusting these guys to have his back. Limo is on the right
http://www.fatwreck.com/photo/photo/544/large/JayLimo550.jpg?1370148828

I agree he is honestly lucky to not be facing assault charges, other than the legal print on your ticket basically says tough shit if you get hurt. He will certainly sue, and Mike has much deeper pockets than some people realize.

And words of advice at a NOFX show, post-kick: Hefe isnt much of a fan of the fan grabbing the mic singalong. Eric Melvin usually doesnt mind people singing along with him though

This was a great post by Ben, and thanks for the link. I actually agree with one thing Ben says, he needs to take a break from all his nonsense and tomfoolery for a while.

xkenneyx wrote:

I'll be devil's advocate here and say that NO ONE likes the guy who goes on stage and tries to take the mic/hug all over band members. That guy sucks and probably wasn't his first trip up to the stage. He deserved every bit of that kick, get the fuck off the stage, no one came to see you drunkenly mumble through NOFX songs, Fat Mike has a monopoly on that.

I agree, other than I dont think a kick to the face while he was down and security was two feet away was quite necessary. I have no problem with the backhand, personally. It's the kick that is over the top

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Yeah no one would have given a shit if he just pushed the guy away. But to kick him when hes down then have 4 of your guys drag him off is such a dick move.

https://twitter.com/FatMike_of_NOFX/sta … 8281336832

Squashed. The way it should be. Read the small back-and-forth from the dude and Fat Mike. And for the record, I'm not really a NOFX fan... Punk in Drublic is pretty good though.

If its squashed between them then thats fine but theres still the principle of the thing. Not to mention that wasnt a real apology, he was making excuses. Elbowing someone, watching them fall, then proceeding to kick them in the head is a defensive "reflex" basically? Yeah right.... Just say you fucked up and overreacted ...

im glad that they worked it out....and i agree with the whole "stage dive but dont touch me" thing. it is nobodys right to touch someone else. period. i also agree that people are there to watch fat mike play, not some shitfaced 18 year old.

my main issue is that this is a punk show and the whole "dont touch me you might be diseased" thing is kind of the thought process which rich snobs posses when in the presence of lower class individuals. its a holier than thou attitude that has no place in punk rock. the ego and self idolization makes sigh loudly.

i've always felt that people getting up on stage and participating has enhanced the performance in punk shows, rather than pervert it. like dropkick, for example, actually invite massive fucking people on stage to sing with them. i could see if this kid was doing this repeatedly or something, but he literally just ran on stand and put his arm around mike.

i think a push might have sufficed. the additional kick was a little bit overkill. in the moment its kind of hard to say...mike didnt exactly see the kid coming...and his arm could have aggravated his neck which he obviously mentioned was hurting.

im conflicted......

well then...

yeah, hate to admit it but thats current NOFX. first off, seperate Melvin \Hefe\Eric from Mike, Fat Mike runs his own program

second, any time ever I have seen shit flying towards the stage at a NOFX show, whether spit or cans or imaginary daffodils, Mike packs it in and everyone in attendance and playing in the show may as well go home. Seen it live, seen it on Backstage Passport, and seen it here. If being spit on and having bottles and cans chucked at you throughout your set is Punk Rock, than NOFX is NOT the band you want.

Not saying its ok, not saying he should suck it up, in fact, Id want to fight if people were throwing shit at me, why should he be any different? But as always, he knows what he is getting into. Or maybe, he doesn't.

Id almost buy his my neck hurts BS if I hadnt heard it every show for five years

Oh, and being Mikes twitter friend for a beer is worth more trouble than its worth, imo. Mike makes it out to be a face-saving, peaceful move and the person himself just wants the twitter and email people to go away...all I did is get kicked in the face and NOWall these people want me to fight you......

blackjackal wrote:

my main issue is that this is a punk show and the whole "dont touch me you might be diseased" thing is kind of the thought process which rich snobs posses when in the presence of lower class individuals. its a holier than thou attitude that has no place in punk rock. the ego and self idolization makes sigh loudly.

i've always felt that people getting up on stage and participating has enhanced the performance in punk shows, rather than pervert it. like dropkick, for example, actually invite massive fucking people on stage to sing with them. i could see if this kid was doing this repeatedly or something, but he literally just ran on stand and put his arm around mike.

I'm not sure how many of you are/were in bands, and trust me, I was in no band that is even worth mentioning (which is why I never do) but I've been on tour and I've even had condoms thrown at me (unused, thank God) and I guess this just hits me at home. The fact of the matter is that even though it is punk rock, even though we are all there to have fun and to get rowdy what people tend to forget is that the price of your ticket does not entitle you to treat the band members like dancing monkeys. These are people, sometimes shitty/angry people, who have real emotions and responses and when you've had enough, fuck man, you've had enough.

Getting up on stage and singing with one of your favorite bands is rad, and it's rad that Dropkick does that, but that's an invitation. Mike pretty much said "please don't fuck with me... I'm in a lot of pain" a lot of dudes would have just cancelled the show... I don't know, man. I'm a little conflicted about the kick... another part of me says that Fat Mike was thinking "Motherfucker, what did I JUST tell you!? Don't fucking touch me!"

20 (edited by ℊnat 2014-11-07 11:02:22)

I mean that doesnt really change anything. We already knew he had said something to the crowd. Problem is, a punk concert is not an office building, therefore not everyone is going to get the memo...especially since most people simply tune out anything other than song playing (can you blame them with some of the dumb banter that goes on between songs)... Its loud...people are drinking...how many thousands of people are there? This guy gets a kick in the head while hes lying on the ground for grabbing him around his shoulder? It wasnt even his neck! This video shows it better. Like i said i get the reaction but the kicking was not part of the reflex that was fat mike being a pussy and taking out people throwing shit at his dumb ass on some scrawny kid...

21 (edited by Dave78 2014-11-07 12:04:32)

I may be being overly cynical and perhaps completely wrong but we haven't actually identified if the neck comments and things getting lobbed on stage are pre or post boot to head. Could very well be the crowds post reaction and Mike's lame attempt at justification...just a thought!

The guy whos saying he could have killed him made me laugh i mean come on its not like he two footed the dude whilst he was spark out. Yeah it was an over reaction on fat mikes part but despite everyones personal opinions of the guy, of which i have none either way.
Who dosent have a moment where you snap a lil after telling people to basically leave you the hell alone?

For my money if we are to say that its ok to get away with touching/throwing/jumping or just generally running around been a nuisance at a punk show then a band has the same rights the crowd does and can react accordingly...now i am by no means condoning the boot to the face but the strong arm to get the dude off him seems fair to me and it looked on the video that he pulled the kick at the last moment as in blew his top then had an oh shit stop moment.

Maybe Mike just needed a hug and was on his period.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

hes entered danzig territory lmao

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

Bettie_Rage wrote:

Maybe Mike just needed a hug and was on his period.

It all boils down to this.

Gnat, I see where you're coming from and I respect your opinion, hombre! May all of your punk be fast and may you never be on the receiving end of a Fat Mike boot to the face!