Re: fat mike kicks kid in face on stage

xkenneyx wrote:
Bettie_Rage wrote:

Maybe Mike just needed a hug and was on his period.

It all boils down to this.

Gnat, I see where you're coming from and I respect your opinion, hombre! May all of your punk be fast and may you never be on the receiving end of a Fat Mike boot to the face!

BOOYAKASHA!!!!!!!

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

xkenneyx wrote:
blackjackal wrote:

my main issue is that this is a punk show and the whole "dont touch me you might be diseased" thing is kind of the thought process which rich snobs posses when in the presence of lower class individuals. its a holier than thou attitude that has no place in punk rock. the ego and self idolization makes sigh loudly.

i've always felt that people getting up on stage and participating has enhanced the performance in punk shows, rather than pervert it. like dropkick, for example, actually invite massive fucking people on stage to sing with them. i could see if this kid was doing this repeatedly or something, but he literally just ran on stand and put his arm around mike.

I'm not sure how many of you are/were in bands, and trust me, I was in no band that is even worth mentioning (which is why I never do) but I've been on tour and I've even had condoms thrown at me (unused, thank God) and I guess this just hits me at home. The fact of the matter is that even though it is punk rock, even though we are all there to have fun and to get rowdy what people tend to forget is that the price of your ticket does not entitle you to treat the band members like dancing monkeys. These are people, sometimes shitty/angry people, who have real emotions and responses and when you've had enough, fuck man, you've had enough.

Getting up on stage and singing with one of your favorite bands is rad, and it's rad that Dropkick does that, but that's an invitation. Mike pretty much said "please don't fuck with me... I'm in a lot of pain" a lot of dudes would have just cancelled the show... I don't know, man. I'm a little conflicted about the kick... another part of me says that Fat Mike was thinking "Motherfucker, what did I JUST tell you!? Don't fucking touch me!"

good point!

Dave78 wrote:

I may be being overly cynical and perhaps completely wrong but we haven't actually identified if the neck comments and things getting lobbed on stage are pre or post boot to head. Could very well be the crowds post reaction and Mike's lame attempt at justification...just a thought!

whether his neck was sore or not is irrelevant.

first off, nobody has the right to touch someone who doesnt want to be touched. this isnt just some state-inflicted principle, its a basic respect people have adapted. most of us dont do things to others we wouldnt want done to ourselves. some people just really dont like being touched.

second, we dont know what went on in mikes head in the split second this happened. mike could have thought the guy was legit attacking him or something. for all he knew this guy could have had a knife or some shit. ive seen videos of henry rollins beating the shit out of people for less.

mel_the_bell wrote:

hes entered danzig territory lmao

he is right up there, isnt he

blackjackal wrote:

for all he knew this guy could have had a knife or some shit. ive seen videos of henry rollins beating the shit out of people for less.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Kenny, my last post wasnt really directed at you, i typed it right after i saw the last video, just so you know. Almost sounded sarcastic or something though, not sure what youre getting at. All i was saying is you cant expect everyone to hear your declarations at a crowded and loud concert.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

I love this forum.

If this had been the other forum I go on, this would have been 20 pages of abuse and three banning by now.

FWIW, I reckon the shove is fine, but the kick is OTT. Mike's apologised, the kid's accepted it,  that's  the end of it IMO.

Oh, and Ben Weasel is an attention seeking prick.

"I tried to push him away with my head and I shouldn't have done that." - Alan Pardew

Phoenix wrote:

Oh, and Ben Weasel is an attention seeking prick.

Finally something we can all agree on.

So every can shut the fuck up now. It's boring

HAH yeah after Mike made him put on a fucking slipper! LMFAO!!!!!! I coul knock him out with one tit.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

I might actually pay for a nofx concert if i could see that bettie! Lmao

not gonna lie, there was a few times when i was playing in a band, where kids would get on stage and act like idiots and i would shove em off or smack em in the head. a few times i had to actually punch people because they were acting fucking stupid. but a kick straight to the face, thats a lil over the line.

i used to be kierengoestocollege

spiderview wrote:

One moro reason not to listen to his shitty band.

Shitty and... What do you like Rihanna, Taylor Swift, anything poppy and bubbly? Or are you a death metal dude? Look man I've been there, you're the performer wanting to have a good time, same as the crowd. NOW, you get on stage, you get the fuck off, stage-dive but don't run up to the singer and start thinking you're the man, the asshole streaking at a soccer/futbol game. A) Poor security so the kid got what he deserved and B) There's a lot going on for all Mike knows he's being attacked. Fuck this guy I'd have done the same thing and nice shot from Fat, coming in with a grinder to the nose!

And at last a "shitty band" doesn't last 30 years on an Independent Label this long, it just doesn't happen! They're a great band with great worldview lyrics and aggressive tunes to boot. Fat's voice fits in perfect and Smelly is a killer drummer. Not even Green Day would've lasted this long on an INDIE label. NoFX kicks ass plain and simple. If you don't like 'em, you're not punk!

Haha...oh christ

Looks like they signed up just to make this point lol

QMW wrote:

well if that's what it takes to get people to sign up...

Yeah and spiderview only comes around once every few months lol so have fun waiting for a response.

I can tell you he is the President of the Finnish chapter of Taylor Swift's fan club, though, so he is going to be ready to pounce when he sees this shit.

Ick McWang wrote:
QMW wrote:

well if that's what it takes to get people to sign up...

Yeah I know, it's just a guy named "DeadKennedy" saying "If you don't like NOFX, you're not punk!" that gets me.

That shits funny. I hope he stays.

DeadKennedy, if you're such a fan, hit up the topic I started on their top three LPs. A thread on Fat Mike kicking a fan in the face might not be the place for you.

DeadKennedy wrote:
spiderview wrote:

Shitty and... What do you like Rihanna, Taylor Swift, anything poppy and bubbly? Or are you a death metal dude? Look man I've been there, you're the performer wanting to have a good time, same as the crowd. NOW, you get on stage, you get the fuck off, stage-dive but don't run up to the singer and start thinking you're the man, the asshole streaking at a soccer/futbol game. A) Poor security so the kid got what he deserved and B) There's a lot going on for all Mike knows he's being attacked. Fuck this guy I'd have done the same thing and nice shot from Fat, coming in with a grinder to the nose!

And at last a "shitty band" doesn't last 30 years on an Independent Label this long, it just doesn't happen! They're a great band with great worldview lyrics and aggressive tunes to boot. Fat's voice fits in perfect and Smelly is a killer drummer. Not even Green Day would've lasted this long on an INDIE label. NoFX kicks ass plain and simple. If you don't like 'em, you're not punk!

Now sean i want you to listen to me very carefully..look man i've been there you wander into a site and see some totally fake ass punk bagging your favourite band it's hard right?
I mean we all know you HAVE to love certain bands to be a PUNK and anyone that dosen't can go fuck themselves right?
I mean who the fuck told this guy he could have a different opinion to yours right?
WHO THE FUCK DOES HE THINK HE IS RIGHT?
But before you go giving him that righteous bitchin you just threw out there..i mean that taylor swift line woooh dude you killed me and throwing Greenday in the mix shhhit son now we punk right???
Well before you do all that next time..
Before you go alpha on the fucking fake ass punx..
Can you do just one thing for me?
Just.
One.
Teensy.
Tiny.

Thing?

Can you find a mirror?
Take a good long look at yourself?
Take a deep breath?
And smash your fucking cranium into it you great bellend.

Can you do that for ol Howling please...i'll love ya forever;)

Howling wrote:
DeadKennedy wrote:
spiderview wrote:

Now sean i want you to listen to me very carefully..look man i've been there you wander into a site and see some totally fake ass punk bagging your favourite band it's hard right?
I mean we all know you HAVE to love certain bands to be a PUNK and anyone that dosen't can go fuck themselves right?
I mean who the fuck told this guy he could have a different opinion to yours right?
But before you go giving him that righteous bitchin you just threw out there..i mean that taylor swift line woooh dude you killed me and throwing Greenday in the mix shhhit son now we punk right???
Just.
One.
Teensy.
Tiny.

Thing?

Can you find a mirror?
Take a deep breath?

Dont tell people how you know his name is Sean and I wont tell how I know he uses Comcast and is from Florida.

Ick McWang wrote:
Howling wrote:
DeadKennedy wrote:

Just.
One.
Teensy.
Tiny.

Thing?

Can you find a mirror?
Take a deep breath?

Dont tell people how you know his name is Sean and I wont tell how I know he uses Comcast and is from Florida.

Well ok but if we're doing that we can't tell people we know what he's been searcing on youtube...that poor cat!.

He only had one day left to retirement.

I came back for this shit? Good to see I'm still making an impact to the site even thou I'm mia I guess... big_smile

spiderview wrote:

I came back for this shit? Good to see I'm still making an impact to the site even thou I'm mia I guess... big_smile

We got your back Spidey. <3

gnat wrote:
spiderview wrote:

Hope all is well Spider, been a while

Ick McWang wrote:
gnat wrote:
spiderview wrote:

Hope all is well Spider, been a while

Yeah all is good. Just crackin on day-to-day livin seems to keep me busy. Kid #3 comin out in a month or two so I don't know what's gonna happen... yikes Hope everything goes as planned.