Topic: most hated band

What punk/hardcore/etc. band do you hate the most?

Not interested in arguing. Just curious.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Re: most hated band

I don't know if I hate them, but D.R.I. is worshipped in a way that is really annoying down here. They aren't bad but there are about 100 other American hardcore bands I'd pick before them.

Re: most hated band

When I was younger I hated Green Day for selling out. However, as I got older I realised they were doing more for charities and causes than they could have ever done without being on a major label. Instead of donating $15K in a year they were able to donate $250K after a single show. I basically listen to the bands I grew up with that I enjoy, and don't follow the rest of the 'scene'. So there aren't any bands that I hate.

Remember, remember!
The fifth of November, The Gunpowder treason and plot;
I know of no reason,
Why the Gunpowder treason. Should ever be forgot!

Re: most hated band

Yeah i dont hate a band either sorry looks like were ruining this if a band dosent fit with me they just dont enter on my radar but like burntherich my "scene" consists of me and my lil lonesome. But if i ever became a person that had to know the name of every guy in the band and delve into their personalitys through the advent of social media i would probably have a much bigger list for you..i learnt long ago the less i know about a persons personality the better, i near cried when i found out mike skinner was middle class and was presenting a parody of events which gelled so neatly with me growing up...but damn him i still likes him i guess even attenborough didnt have to throw shit at people to understand the monkeys.

Re: most hated band

Punk band? That's a toughie. I really don't like the casualties or Anti-Nowhere League, but I don't dislike them half as much as I dislike, say, Coldplay.

"I tried to push him away with my head and I shouldn't have done that." - Alan Pardew

Re: most hated band

I will be crucified by some of the older peeps, but I always have hated the Sex Pistols. A phony band put together by a wanker named Malcolm.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Re: most hated band

BurnTheRich wrote:

Instead of donating $15K in a year they were able to donate $250K after a single show.

That's interesting. I still can't listen to anything past Warning, but if this is true I've gone from hating them to actually respecting them.

Re: most hated band

OiTheAria wrote:
BurnTheRich wrote:

Instead of donating $15K in a year they were able to donate $250K after a single show.

That's interesting. I still can't listen to anything past Warning, but if this is true I've gone from hating them to actually respecting them.

Second that haha.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Re: most hated band

Again, I don't really hate them but I've never understood the big hype around Minor Threat or Ian Mackaye for that matter.
Never really got into Fugazi either.

MY BOOTLEG DVD TRADE SITE
http://kimo13.webs.com/

Re: most hated band

green day

Re: most hated band

I pretty much hate all of the "hardcore" or "pop-punk bands". And not actual hardcore or pop-punk bands, but dudes like Throwdown and all of that tough guy garbage really bothers me. As well as that Set Your Goals phony stuff. Dislike.

But to be honest, I guess hate is a strong word for it. I am not around people enough to really grow a hate for it these days, it's not like it's in my face all of the time. I just actively avoid it and judge your taste in music harshly from afar when I see you wearing the shirt. Haha!

Re: most hated band

I enjoy both of those bands... Hahahahhaa.

I'm loving this thread, bro(s). Haha

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Re: most hated band

blackjackal wrote:

green day

Yeah, i have no problem using the word hate for them... I fucking hate green day. I hope they get shingles in their butts and die.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: most hated band

alot of straight edge preachy tough guy stuff, and grateful phish panic. (Thats a super jamband I invented)
I Like H20 but goddamit stop saying PMA all the fucking time! It gives me NMA!

Re: most hated band

I can't say there's a band that I hate, more like dislike since we're not talking about that tween shit now that's HATE territory. There are more "singers" i hate than there are bands. I thought I hated Nirvana, even though I was a fan when I was a teenager, but it was Cobain that I really hated. Sooooo....i dunno.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Re: most hated band

Phoenix wrote:

Punk band? That's a toughie. I really don't like the casualties or Anti-Nowhere League, but I don't dislike them half as much as I dislike, say, Coldplay.

I Can't stand two of the bands ya mentioned there Phoenix, ANWL are great though! I'll add The Beatles, all fascist bands and pretty much any band that plays Celtic Punk.....Oh and that Grey zone Oi! shite can fuck off an all.

A VILE PRODUCT OF WELFARE UK
Thanks: Phoenix1

Re: most hated band

Yeah, pretty much all of them, about 97% of post 90's Punk, all Punk-Pop, Horrorpunk, shit that takes itself too seriously, shit that doesn't take itself seriously enough, about 90% of all Celtic Punk, pretty much every pointless sub-genre, Punk that tries to branch out in new and ridiculous directions, Punk that just rips off the old stuff, Millionaire Punk stars selling off my childhood to pay for their fat and wealthy retirements, the other 10% of Celtic Punk and Dave Vanian

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad
Thanks: Phoenix1

Re: most hated band

Guana wrote:

Dave Vanian

Really gonna have to ask you one day just what he has done to annoy you so much.

Re: most hated band

addicted wrote:

What punk/hardcore/etc. band do you hate the most?

Stiff Little Fingers,love their first couple of albums but I have a burning hatred of Jake Burns which dates back to the "Go For It" tour in the early eighties when he treat fans like crap for wanting to hear "Alternative Ulster" and then on their final tour for the "Now Then" album a year or so later things were even worse,high ticket prices and we aint playing  old stuff,so here is a Sweet cover ....fast forward to the 90's reformation  and the next time i see em they play more old stuff then when i first saw em in 81,at least the damned always realized you havet to stick the old songs in cause when your on the way back down,your gonna need some help to pay the rent etc.

20 (edited by addicted 2014-12-12 01:53:03)

Re: most hated band

I've been saving this until now, because i didn't want a flame war from all you POSers of a certain musical persuasion. XD
I wanted an honest discussion on our distastes. Haha
But honestly, i hate every dropkick Murphy album after do or die.

**Waits for the angry mob**

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Re: most hated band

addicted wrote:

I've been saving this until now, because i didn't want a flame war from all you POSers of a certain musical persuasion. XD
I wanted an honest discussion on our distastes. Haha
But honestly, i hate every dropkick Murphy album after do or die.

**Waits for the angry mob**

now we can be friends.

Re: most hated band

Bacon wrote:
addicted wrote:

I've been saving this until now, because i didn't want a flame war from all you POSers of a certain musical persuasion. XD
I wanted an honest discussion on our distastes. Haha
But honestly, i hate every dropkick Murphy album after do or die.

**Waits for the angry mob**

now we can be friends.



Woooooot!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

23

Re: most hated band

i just spent money on flogging molly. never again.

Re: most hated band

Bettie_Rage wrote:

I can't say there's a band that I hate, more like dislike since we're not talking about that tween shit now that's HATE territory. There are more "singers" i hate than there are bands. I thought I hated Nirvana, even though I was a fan when I was a teenager, but it was Cobain that I really hated. Sooooo....i dunno.

This could open up an entirely new thread. Bands you like featuring members who are toolbags,

Step up and take your place Mr Danzig. As much as I love the original Misfits, sir Danzig just becomes more of an asswipe every day he draws
breath. I will never get enough of watching that youtube clip where he gets knocked out.

MY BOOTLEG DVD TRADE SITE
http://kimo13.webs.com/

Re: most hated band

Heeheehee that made me smile

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana