Re: most hated band

addicted wrote:

I've been saving this until now, because i didn't want a flame war from all you POSers of a certain musical persuasion. XD
I wanted an honest discussion on our distastes. Haha
But honestly, i hate every dropkick Murphy album after do or die.

**Waits for the angry mob**

The angry mob that barely posts here anymore? There's like, three of us dude.

I don't try to change anyone's mind, but consider giving the second album (Gangs all Here) another spin, even if just for a few songs. It's far and away their most punk/oi influenced album and Al Barr is the fucking man. And if you don't like it you can always throw on some Bruisers.

On the subject, and what Guana says, 90...hell, I'll say 95% of celtic punk get's really old really fast. So does psychobilly.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! I REMEMBER THAT CLIP! fucking classic. Oh Danzig should just retire with his cats.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

28 (edited by addicted 2014-12-12 18:31:32)

OiTheAria wrote:
addicted wrote:

I've been saving this until now, because i didn't want a flame war from all you POSers of a certain musical persuasion. XD
I wanted an honest discussion on our distastes. Haha
But honestly, i hate every dropkick Murphy album after do or die.

**Waits for the angry mob**

The angry mob that barely posts here anymore? There's like, three of us dude.

I don't try to change anyone's mind, but consider giving the second album (Gangs all Here) another spin, even if just for a few songs. It's far and away their most punk/oi influenced album and Al Barr is the fucking man. And if you don't like it you can always throw on some Bruisers.

On the subject, and what Guana says, 90...hell, I'll say 95% of celtic punk get's really old really fast. So does psychobilly.

Come to think of it, i haven't seen any of the old regulars around...
Ah, how i miss the old days. Haha.

Nah, I'll give it one more go. Nothing guaranteed though.
I really enjoy do or die though. Always have, probably because kids around here blasted it when i was young. A bit of nostalgia there for me.

I find with psychobilly, it's either great or it's shit.
Unfortunately, even the great psycho bands feel like a bit of a gimmicky novelty...

And i was waited for your response to that, ota. Haha how the hell have you been?

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Rotating between having a social life and having absolutely none because of school and work. Trying to finally get this shit over with, probably move out of this piece of shit city in a few years too. Boston? Ottawa? Maybe even an hour north to Austin or a few hours north to Dallas. Anything other than this gang-infested shithole. Seventh largest city in the US, and hardly a punk/oi scene. That is saying something.

As for DKM, I don't think anything can make me love em more or less than I already do. I've gotten to know a good chunk of the band through my work on their tribute album, great people even if their music isn't for everyone. Leave it at that since even I'm sick to death of talking about em.

OiTheAria wrote:

I kinda have to agree with that actually. But to each his own.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

i think it's unanimous that the lawrence arms are the worst fucking band ever. i mean, unless you shitty taste. feel free to argue.

You cats have choice hated bands. I dig it. If we are going to non punk category I'm gonna go with Beck. Fuck Beck. If I had a gun with two bullets while in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and Beck I would shoot Beck twice.

xkenneyx wrote:

You cats have choice hated bands. I dig it. If we are going to non punk category I'm gonna go with Beck. Fuck Beck. If I had a gun with two bullets while in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and Beck I would shoot Beck twice.

awwww why Beck?

Bettie_Rage wrote:
xkenneyx wrote:

awwww why Beck?

I mostly agree. I loved Beck in the mid to late 90's when it was all loser and where its at. After that, for some reason he thought he was some troubled troubador singing funky ass love songs. I dont know that I would shoot him over Hitler, but his music after the first two albums pretty much pissed me off

since then he did become a scientologist. maybe that's it.

Pretty much all NYHC

37 (edited by BurnTheRich 2014-12-16 02:41:41)

robotron wrote:

Pretty much all NYHC

Come on, there are some decent NYHC bands; Cause for Alarm, Reagan Youth, Gorilla Biscuits, Agnostic Front, and Youth of Today. Granted that is five bands out of the hundreds that are shite.

Remember, remember!
The fifth of November, The Gunpowder treason and plot;
I know of no reason,
Why the Gunpowder treason. Should ever be forgot!

2punk4pos wrote:

That will turn anyone to shite.

Remember, remember!
I know of no reason,

Ick McWang wrote:
Bettie_Rage wrote:
xkenneyx wrote:

awwww why Beck?

I mostly agree. I loved Beck in the mid to late 90's when it was all loser and where its at. After that, for some reason he thought he was some troubled troubador singing funky ass love songs. I dont know that I would shoot him over Hitler, but his music after the first two albums pretty much pissed me off

OH well YEAH. Post 90s he's pretty much shit's shit. I loved sexx laws too cuz it was just something fun that I needed at the time. He recently released a new cd, and it's horrible.

and if he is indeed a scientologist, then he's just dead to me.

BurnTheRich wrote:
robotron wrote:

Pretty much all NYHC

Come on, there are some decent NYHC bands; Cause for Alarm, Reagan Youth, Gorilla Biscuits, Agnostic Front, and Youth of Today. Granted that is five bands out of the hundreds that are shite.

I do like Reagan Youth, but it's more about the fanclub of tough guys than the bands themselves I suppose.

I've always LOVED Agnostic Front.. now THAT is good shit.

For a long time I wasn't giving any of their stuff past the 80s much of a chance but recently spun My Life, My Way or whatever it's called and damn if I wasn't impressed!

robotron wrote:
BurnTheRich wrote:
robotron wrote:

Pretty much all NYHC

I do like Reagan Youth, but it's more about the fanclub of tough guys than the bands themselves I suppose.

Aye, the fan club of NYHC boys with their tattoo's and shirts screaming NYHC. Them I could do without, they really destroyed the music for a lot of people.

Remember, remember!
I know of no reason,

BurnTheRich wrote:
2punk4pos wrote:

That will turn anyone to shite.

Scientologists bought up a bunch of Ybor City around here, and we already have their headquarters in Clearwater. The whole Spaghetti Warehouse block, its a big square of businesses with an empty center square used for shows, is now owned by Scientology. Needless to say, no more shows around there. We all knew it as Ybor Square, it used to have old school Hollywood style signs on top of the building, and in the square itself I saw my first show ever, a big ska show with Magadog who is a really good undiscovered Tampa ska band from back when.

http://www.scientology.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/fixed_1200x1200/sites/default/files/09-Scientology-Tampa-Ybor-Square.jpg

how it used to be, sort of. you can see the scientology sign on the building

http://www.prlog.org/11435627-church-scientology-tampa-ybor-square.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ybor_Factory_Building
http://tbo.com/news/business/scientolog … -20130730/

OiTheAria wrote:

Rotating between having a social life and having absolutely none because of school and work. Trying to finally get this shit over with, probably move out of this piece of shit city in a few years too. Boston? Ottawa? Maybe even an hour north to Austin or a few hours north to Dallas. Anything other than this gang-infested shithole. Seventh largest city in the US, and hardly a punk/oi scene. That is saying something.

Come to Chicago. The southside Oi! scene's has been getting bigger. Flatfoot 56 are no longer the only skins in town. Plus we've had a few pop punk gems like Direct Hit and Masked Intruder get big out of nowhere in the last few years.

On topic, the only bands I can say I hate is Black Veil Brides and Falling in Reverse. They fall on the scenecore spectrum. I've heard they lip sync live. That combined with terrible music is what it takes to get me to hate a band.

"I pop punk, not pills"

GG Allin   -   does anyone seriously like that crap or is it just cool to say so. He should've just thrown his own albums of stage instead of shit, much easier to clean up.

MY BOOTLEG DVD TRADE SITE
http://kimo13.webs.com/

kimo wrote:

GG Allin   -   does anyone seriously like that crap or is it just cool to say so. He should've just thrown his own albums of stage instead of shit, much easier to clean up.

I do. It's grindy and dissonant. And quite fucked. Haha
The local scene around here actually hates gg allin haha.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Green Day, Lou Reed, Joan Jett, Ringo Starr Lead Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2015 Class

Bill Withers, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, Paul Butterfield Blues Band will also be inducted next April

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … z3MF54ibc2

Green Day right next to Stevie Ray Vaughn and god damned Lou Reed.

Just reiterating how much i hate green day.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

addicted wrote:
kimo wrote:

I do. It's grindy and dissonant. And quite fucked. Haha
The local scene around here actually hates gg allin haha.

pfft....I liked GG before it was cool to. But nah, most of his music is shit and, to be honest, I never thought his whole fixation with poop was all that shocking and interesting. More like an overgrown 2 year old or a retard.

The Jabbers were great. But that's not the GG most people are talking about.