Re: HANDHELD GAMERS OF POS UNITE!

I would love to get a 3DS, but I already spend too much time on electronics and have dozens of games on Steam I have yet to play.  I had a DS for a long time, but gave it to a cousin years ago. I miss it.

Anyone playing pokemon xy/oras?????

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

i have a 3ds which i use occasionly (strangely its a couple of ds games im playing the most tho lol)

i also have an old original ds (with a couple of R4 type flashcarts) aswell as a gameboy advance sp, a couple of gameboys / colors, an atari lynx, sega game gear and 2 sony psps tongue

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

Anyone here get a hold of the new 3ds yet?

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Just started playing Catan on my phone. Does that count?

addicted wrote:

nope, and dont plan on it right away. im growing sick of nintendo putting out a new "console" every other year that really doesnt push the bar at all. the wii u isnt really any better than the wii other than the controller/tablet, and the 3ds is still just a DS. i will get one eventually, pretty much for the nintendo exclusives (mario kart for me, zelda and animal crossing for the lady)

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Ick McWang wrote:
addicted wrote:

nope, and dont plan on it right away. im growing sick of nintendo putting out a new "console" every other year that really doesnt push the bar at all. the wii u isnt really any better than the wii other than the controller/tablet, and the 3ds is still just a DS. i will get one eventually, pretty much for the nintendo exclusives (mario kart for me, zelda and animal crossing for the lady)

Don't talk shit on animal crossing, hahaha.

I prefer the button layout now. And i really wanna see it's alleged "significant" increase in processing speed.

Hell, if it can play xenoblade chronicles it has to be fucking ballsy for a handheld.

And as for nintendo, at least they're the only company left pushing "real" games, unlike they're competitors.
Everything on the other consoles seem stale and lame to me.

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Tbf i hear ya on the stale addicted^ but i find myself going back rather than forwards in search of games that interest me...but am poor.

Howling wrote:

Tbf i hear ya on the stale addicted^ but i find myself going back rather than forwards in search of games that interest me...but am poor.

I am not wealthy either, but I had a good stretch playing new games on my PS4, and so far you arent missing much. GTA is GTA, and Infamous: Second Son is good, but not much else new that is great. Last of Us remastered is nice, awesome if you hadnt played it, but its not new. Dying Light grabbed me for a good bit, but for full price its slightly meh. By current standards, its an 7.5/8.  8.5-9 if you are into the actual concept from the beginning- mixing Mirror's Edge with Dead Island. Once you get good at the parkour, the game gets more fun...

Otherwise, outside of sports franchise games, not much going on. The system as a whole really impresses me though, Dying Light ran WAY better for me on the PS4 than the pirate copy on my PC

I respect Nintendo and was a long time customer of theirs, but they havent put out what Ive been looking for, for a good decade plus now. But that's just me, and I understand I am in the minority.

35 (edited by Bettie_Rage 2015-03-01 22:30:33)

Meh, I don't have the funds to keep up with nintendo putting out the same damn thing with little tweaks and features. It's gotten old so wake me up when they put out something worth while. I'm still happy with the DS my brother gave to me out of pity over my decaying sp lol. Been playing Pokemon: white for DAYS neutral. Gave up on Platinum...it pissed me off.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Ick McWang wrote:
Howling wrote:

I am not wealthy either, but I had a good stretch playing new games on my PS4, and so far you arent missing much. GTA is GTA, and Infamous: Second Son is good, but not much else new that is great. Last of Us remastered is nice, awesome if you hadnt played it, but its not new. Dying Light grabbed me for a good bit, but for full price its slightly meh. By current standards, its an 7.5/8.  8.5-9 if you are into the actual concept from the beginning- mixing Mirror's Edge with Dead Island. Once you get good at the parkour, the game gets more fun...

Otherwise, outside of sports franchise games, not much going on. The system as a whole really impresses me though, Dying Light ran WAY better for me on the PS4 than the pirate copy on my PC

I respect Nintendo and was a long time customer of theirs, but they havent put out what Ive been looking for, for a good decade plus now. But that's just me, and I understand I am in the minority.

@Howling, I'm about to buy a pc,.get back on my old steam account and buy system shock 2.. So, old is the new new, dude haha.

@Ick, comapritively, nintendo wii u and 3ds, separately, consistently pump out average to good games, where as xbox and ps4 do not.
And i know it's kinda early in both consoles lifecycle, but still, nothing released thus far has grabbed me and said BUY ME.
The  only games i currently want for ps4 are oddworld new and tasty (remake of the first game) and hunger (an indie horror game in the vein of classic psone oddworld).
Those two games don't dictate a purchase of a new console.
And heck, rumors of possible ps vita ports for both games. smile so, fugg it.

@Ick & howling, what games have you guys been looking at recently?

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

As far as the PS4 I am right now waiting on the new Uncharted to come out. I was never a playstation guy before, so Ive never played the series, as its a Playstation exclusive. Also waiting on MLB The Show 2015, should be out soon.
I got the PS4 originally for (PS exclusive) MLB The Show series, GTA5 and (PS exclusive) The Last Of Us, ended up getting (PS exclusive) Infamous Second Son on Black Friday for 15.99, its a really good game. Dragon Age Inquisition was truly excellent, and I just finished Dying Light, that was really good. In the meantime, I play MLB The SHow 2014 until the new one comes out.

Oh and by the way, in my household, we are still Nintendo people, we have an original Gameboy and a Gameboy Advance, DS, DSXL and a 3ds and a Wii and a Wii U, I just dont play any of them outside of the Wii and Wii U a few times for Mario Kart. My wife plays the shit out of Harvest Moon on the 3ds and my daughter uses the Wii and Wii U. Hell I still have all my old Nintendo consoles going back to the NES too.

Now that I read what I just typed, I guess I/my wife have been buying a lot of Nintendo products, its just that I dont use them.

New 'n' Tasty is out on PC as well.  I picked it up, but haven't played much yet, Wasteland 2 is sucking up my time currently.

Ick McWang wrote:

As far as the PS4 I am right now waiting on the new Uncharted to come out. I was never a playstation guy before, so Ive never played the series, as its a Playstation exclusive. Also waiting on MLB The Show 2015, should be out soon.
I got the PS4 originally for (PS exclusive) MLB The Show series, GTA5 and (PS exclusive) The Last Of Us, ended up getting (PS exclusive) Infamous Second Son on Black Friday for 15.99, its a really good game. Dragon Age Inquisition was truly excellent, and I just finished Dying Light, that was really good. In the meantime, I play MLB The SHow 2014 until the new one comes out.

Oh and by the way, in my household, we are still Nintendo people, we have an original Gameboy and a Gameboy Advance, DS, DSXL and a 3ds and a Wii and a Wii U, I just dont play any of them outside of the Wii and Wii U a few times for Mario Kart. My wife plays the shit out of Harvest Moon on the 3ds and my daughter uses the Wii and Wii U. Hell I still have all my old Nintendo consoles going back to the NES too.

Now that I read what I just typed, I guess I/my wife have been buying a lot of Nintendo products, its just that I dont use them.

Honestly, gta 5 bored me.
I wanted to pkay inquisition, but my opinion on dragon has always been "if i didn't love all variety of rpgs thos game would probably blow."
Thw last of us sucked. I know I'm the minority. The gameplay was uncharted and the story was uninspired and dull to me. It was as ridiculous as the new max payne to me, just as melodramatic.
I love infamous, but second son felt weak to me... Still l gonna buy it though, even if it's just more of the same.
As for mlb, i hate sport games... Definitionally, they constitute everything that make sequels shit.
Dying light was only interesting until i realized "oooooh it's developed by the dudes who made the original dead island? No, thank you." it's like all they did was make a slightly less boring dead island.
PARKOUR! PARKOUR!!

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

addicted wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

Honestly, gta 5 bored me.
I wanted to pkay inquisition, but my opinion on dragon has always been "if i didn't love all variety of rpgs thos game would probably blow."

I never played an RPG in my life until I played Mass Effect 1. That got me into Oblivion, which got me into Morrowind, which got me into Skyrim. Im a picky RPG guy though, introduce any/too much Dungeons and Dragons/Pokemon Hit Point bullshit, and I lose attention real fast. Im playing a game, not maths.
Inquisition was actually a very good game in the Skyrim/Mass Effect mold of RPG's. Take it or leav eit, I suppose

Thw last of us sucked. I know I'm the minority. The gameplay was uncharted and the story was uninspired and dull to me. It was as ridiculous as the new max payne to me, just as melodramatic.

i thought it was overrated too, until I was about halfway through (roughly 8-10 hours) and the story got more intense, like a Walking Dead season at the end of the season. I can't say its nothing I hadn't SEEN before, but its not always hearing the same story, its hearing it told in a different way...

I love infamous, but second son felt weak to me... Still l gonna buy it though, even if it's just more of the same.

i hadnt played the others since i hadnt had a playstation, after playing it, it seems like a ripoff/predecessor/'i dunno of Prototype, which I played years ago. As someone who hasnt played a single Infamous game, I thought it was an approachable game from an outsider standpoint, but I imagine still rich for the people who have played others.

As for mlb, i hate sport games... Definitionally, they constitute everything that make sequels shit.

No argument here. EA's exclusive NFL license in 05 ruined sports gaming forever. Now a studio cant afford the initial 3 year outlay to build a new game, and each sport has been taken over by a single company. EA has Madden, 2K has Basketball, and SDS/PS has MLB. Any other niche sport, EA has it (rugby, hockey, etc) No innovation, no pushing the envelope. But I love football and baseball, so I have to play the games. I just try not to buy them firsthand, I get them used or from craigslist

Dying light was only interesting until i realized "oooooh it's developed by the dudes who made the original dead island? No, thank you." it's like all they did was make a slightly less boring dead island.
PARKOUR! PARKOUR!!

I thought the same until I tried it. Yes, it can be repetitive, but I had a good romp, and the racing through the rooftops in first person with only a baseball bat for protection while creatures are after your face can be pretty exciting, actually

Thanks for the interesting conversation, ick.

I'm a hardcore rpg fan, but i do indeed love mass effect. And that being the reason i bought dragon age.
And i like playing maths. Haha
I play pokemon and monster hunter at least three times a week haha.

Infamous came out before prototype. Prototype in my opinion is crap. Infamous does it much better.

I mentioned this in an earlier post:
http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/05/22/li … er-for-ps4
Check it out, man. I'm incredibly excited for it, seeing it's like limbos atmosphere, and  morbid humorand  and oddworlds exaggerated art style smooshed together.

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

42 (edited by Bettie_Rage 2015-03-05 18:24:36)

Both Prototypes weren't good, as I found out. We only have the first two Infamous games and I've barely cracked into the first one (I'm a late starter with game now, not because of lack of time either). So far Infamous is way more fun that Prototype and the story is better. I don't think, at least hope, it's not short like prototype either. I don't have a ps4 so i haven't played the newest infamous, but i heard it was ok. People missed Cole.

My brother loves Mass Effect, but I only started on 1 and didn't get far. I think another one of my games came out and I kind forgot about it lol. It was fun so far though. Personally I like Saints Row 3 & 4 WAAAAY better than GTA IV and V. I think GTA is getting a little stale now. Maybe because, if you're like me, and you've played all of them you already know how each game is gonna be before it comes out so it's basically just me buying the game out of some obligation, just like Metal Gear.

But they're coming out with a new metal gear rising game with Raiden which is awesome because I loved the first one!!!!

I didnt know Infamous was out before Prototype. I enjoyed the first Prototype, in a 7.5/10 rating way. I didnt play the second one. I would say that Infamous seems to be better, but as I said Ive only played Second Son. As far as length, I dont know how long an Infamous game usually goes, but Id say this one was about 15 hours or so. Probably 10 hours of straight up story stuff, and a few hours of side quest type of nonsense, mainly to level up the character.

Metal gear solid 5 is what I'm waiting for. Haha

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

@Ick: I didn't know that either since we had a 360 well before we had a ps3.

@addicted: the guy behind Metal Gear (can't think of his name right now, I think it's Hojima?) says the next one will be the "last" one, but then again he said that about one of the last ones. He actually said that so he doesn't really damn know. He'll make another one when he's bored i guess.

Hideo kojima. And he's said that since metal gear solid 2. I ain't buying it. Too much mobey in it.

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

I got it half right anyway. I reserved MGS 5 then cancelled it to get farcry so I don't really care about a new one anymore; I don't have the money for these damn games and comics are an expensive habit. The next game I want is Dying Light, but I think there are some other games coming out that are also available on ps3/360. Still kinda want RE: HD just because I just want it. I think Silent Hills is coming out for my consoles, that sounds good.

I'll stick to it and repeat it as often as I like: as soon as nintendo releases a handheld with the graphics of the WiiU controller then I'd go broke buying it. With a worthwhile game list to boot. Don't be like the vita...have some decent games ready at launch and then just keep them coming.

48 (edited by addicted 2015-03-21 03:51:19)

Bettie_Rage wrote:

I got it half right anyway. I reserved MGS 5 then cancelled it to get farcry so I don't really care about a new one anymore; I don't have the money for these damn games and comics are an expensive habit. The next game I want is Dying Light, but I think there are some other games coming out that are also available on ps3/360. Still kinda want RE: HD just because I just want it. I think Silent Hills is coming out for my consoles, that sounds good.

I'll stick to it and repeat it as often as I like: as soon as nintendo releases a handheld with the graphics of the WiiU controller then I'd go broke buying it. With a worthwhile game list to boot. Don't be like the vita...have some decent games ready at launch and then just keep them coming.

It's exponentially much more expensive to develop games for the vita than it is the 3ds. I don't have any actual stats, I'll link it later.
But considering the cost to develop and the slow, if not, completely nonexistent adoption rate for the vita, studios don't want to take that financial risk to develop a game that in all likelihood will flop.
Look at sony even, they stop developing for the damn handheld.

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

I was saving up for the new 3DS because of the Zelda edition, but I just got a flat tire and figured I might as well buy all four tires. So that's just as fun...? When I do finally get one, I'll let you know!

addicted wrote:
Bettie_Rage wrote:

It's exponentially much more expensive to develop games for the vita than it is the 3ds. I don't have any actual stats, I'll link it later.
But considering the cost to develop and the slow, if not, completely nonexistent adoption rate for the vita, studios don't want to take that financial risk to develop a game that in all likelihood will flop.
Look at sony even, they stop developing for the damn handheld.

YEAH I know, I know but still. My brother got a vita, even though I told him not too, and he NEVER plays it. He maybe played it 3 times in total and he's had it for years. I was like damn if you just wanted to throw away all that money, could've gave it to me. He did promise me his 3DS is he gets the XL but for now I'm good with my DS he gave me. He pitied me trying to play pokemon on my literally busted Gameboy sp lol.