Topic: My latest purchase

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/video/4-s … ion-member

Well more of a swap. Gave up my roland 15 xl fair deal.

Re: My latest purchase

Rad! That's a cool sounding 4 string. What kind of amp are you going to be playing out of?

Well not a fecking roland i know that lol. Scouting round for an old tube amp but they a bitch to find still in working order..truth told though i only get to noodle about now through day and rarely get to crank it up untill i run up a plug up to the loft i may aswell keep it acoustic.
Really nice guy who makes em, turned that round for me in a week and even willing to meet me to do swap...and he from yorkshire so win win.

That's sweet as, Is that the same bloke who made your first one? The name rings a bell.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Aye but he got ten times better. My first was a ratrod and its ply top with pine sides, that lil bitch is solid wood and 80 year old off cuts, got the action dropped low for fretting as other was medium for slide but just dont have the touch for it. Lil bit bumned that he making four of them as he knows i like one offs but he got to make what he wants to and i...well i say i i mean monster personalise them anyway lol

Yeah, totally get that, would be nice to have a one off.
You could either buy the other three yourself or drop a piano on his head before he makes them? Just a thought wink
If you're in the market for a new amp have you looked at the blackstar idcore series? Picked one up a bit back cos I got sick of dragging out that fuckin heavy Marshall, I bought the 20 and it blew me away, excellent sound for such a portable amp.
Hardly get it out much though because not long after, I bought one of these ...
http://images.kangoo.pl/38657818/1056/large/boulder_creek_ecr1_b_gitara_elektroakustyczna_solitaire.jpg

Boulder Creek Solitaire ECR1 b, awesome guitar, sounds amazing, Dreadnaught body which is bigger than I usually go for but once I get comfy with it it's a pleasure to play. The soundhole's on the side so the sound directed at the player is incredible but the front has a suspended bracing system that makes it sound excellent from there too, apparently it was designed for the player and the all-round sound projection was a happy accident, either way, it's a fuckin lovely bit of kit.

Fuckin sex pistols mad

That is a sweet looking sumbitch but looks pricey to say the least lol, i know what you mean regards to sound but with these being so much smaller its possible to tilt them towards you much more,
The dudes driving down to leeds tommorow to swap with me bless him..you dont get that sort of service of just any old tom, dick n maggie.

Yeah it cost a few quid, spotted it a while back but put it on my wish-list and forgot about it, then it popped up on a random targetted ad (god bless random targetted ads) at just over half price, my missus talked me into buying it, probably to stop me pouting, love it though, my youngest daughter bought me a hard case for it for christmas, probably to stop her daughter trashing it.
Anyway, you should have the beastie by now, how is it?

Fuckin sex pistols mad

It's a beaut man rings out clear as a bell and even acoustic the sustain is sweet as a nut, big monster dont like it though as the old one has "pitey" pirate(skull n bones) fret markers so thats his favourite. Got it set up for banjo at the mo and you just have to give it a lil tickle so am learning the art of being delicate....slowly.
The necks from a 100 year old oak beam pulled out of a hotel every bit of grain is raised which should be awful but just works somehow.

Fecking hell man that git of yours is 700 knicker?? Even half price thats more than i can swing nowadays...really kick myself sometimes that when i had money i should have put less of it down me neck n up me nose and learned to be a bit more bloody materialistic, but it would have been in cash converters for nappys by now so perhaps not having feck all has saved me the pain of parting with it, my uncle when i was a kid had to sell his sax to get stuff for his daughter and it still pains him 20 some years later.

wish i could even get a note out of a fecking guitar sad
had a bass once but couldnt be arsed to learn it lol, couldve been the next Sid tongue

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

Howling wrote:

It's a beaut man rings out clear as a bell and even acoustic the sustain is sweet as a nut, big monster dont like it though as the old one has "pitey" pirate(skull n bones) fret markers so thats his favourite. Got it set up for banjo at the mo and you just have to give it a lil tickle so am learning the art of being delicate....slowly.
The necks from a 100 year old oak beam pulled out of a hotel every bit of grain is raised which should be awful but just works somehow.

Fecking hell man that git of yours is 700 knicker?? Even half price thats more than i can swing nowadays...really kick myself sometimes that when i had money i should have put less of it down me neck n up me nose and learned to be a bit more bloody materialistic, but it would have been in cash converters for nappys by now so perhaps not having feck all has saved me the pain of parting with it, my uncle when i was a kid had to sell his sax to get stuff for his daughter and it still pains him 20 some years later.

Yeah it was more than I'd usually pay considering the level of skill I have.
But my eldest two have grown up and fucked off, my lad's 18 now and semi-self sufficient, the cost of running the household has dropped some but not massively, but about 4 years ago I kicked drink n drugs in the head and that made a considerable difference, I've always made sure my kids came first and they never went without anything, but when I see the difference in my bank account it does make me feel like a cunt for not spending that on the family. I feel for your Uncle, over the years I've sold everything off (except my old Marlin) to meet the bills, I've got rid of about a dozen effects pedals, a few guitars, a 100w Marshall combi, a harmony valve amp, an old Orange valve amp (which wasn't technically sold but it's gone now, (long story)) and I kick myself for letting them go and not putting the missus on the game or something less drastic than my instrument purge.
Family comes first though as you already know, when you've done all that young Mr Howling you can treat yourself to your hearts desire, keep hold of those CBG's bud, anything else I've ever had to sell I've replaced or forgotten about, but I still get pangs for the above mentioned.
Keep Little Howling away from the new one too, it's a blessing he prefers the original but kids are heavy handed little fuckers at times, our little'n knocked my Yamaha over a bit back and i just caught it before the capo took out my TV screen, little Minx.

@ Mel, I started on Bass and was fuckin awful at it, took lessons off one of my cousins mates, he was a bit older than me and a fuckin Mod of all things, (bearing in mind this was at a time when we really didn't get on with them) I used to sneak my Bass round to his and he'd show me stuff, he'd teach me an "excercise" and five minutes later I'd realise I was playing Going fuckin' Underground or some such tosh, the rascal.
Never took to it anyway, even now I still can't get my head round them, feels more like I'm holding a garden tool than an instrument, I'm far from amazing on a guitar but at least they feel right.
and it's never too late to be the next Sid, (unless you're Sid of course)
and whatever you do, don't let Howling see this ...

http://www.musicianswarehousedubai.com/media/ecom/prodxl/PRS_New_Allender.png

Got one off work last year for 25 years of loyal servitude wink

Fuckin sex pistols mad

^the fuck do you work for ya lucky sum bitch lol???
And the whole reason i got the cbgs made was because they end up with no resale value after they are personalised to you, unless someone has an unhealthy fascination with ya same reason i buy hohner harps aint nobody wants another mans spit unless ^see above lol.
Don't get me wrong man i aint knocking ya for that git if ya can afford to then spoiling yaself is a must, lord knows as a bloke no other fucker does it for us..women have conditioned us to feel guilty for our hobbys i reckon, lord knows i would have rather bought it outright than swapped my amp but the amp was mine and therefore i could do as i pleased with it and watch the lil cogs turning in our gertys head trying to figure out a way of getting round that fact, only angle she managed was lack of space but i just nodded and asked her how it would be fair to not have a git for both of them to play when they get older, oh aye turn those tables like a champ haha my next logical step is to get another one as someone needs to show them what to do.

I can’t dispute that logic.
But .... You gotta think of your missus mate, how do you think she’ll feel when all three of you are strumming away? she’ll feel proper left out, sooner or later you’ll have to bite the bullet and buy one for her too, I reckon it would make a lovely anniversary gift at some point, she might not play it much (my missus never touches the Ibanez I bought her but it’s there just in case) but it will make her feel involved and loved and protected wink

Fuckin sex pistols mad

Haha well i was going to make a joke about strumming but i shall resist.............*mutters under breath*......huh huh huh

You gonna post a pic of your new one then?
Possibly with your old one,
and maybe, show a little bit more knee this time, we gotta sex this site up a bit, the natives are restless.

Fuckin sex pistols mad

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f124/howling841/20150325_223524_zpswsi5ulia.jpg
Thar ya go the ol howlings looking a damn site rough around the edges these days bit like it's owner.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f124/howling841/IMG-20150316-WA0000_zpsll5kdghq.jpghttp://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f124/howling841/20150313_134050_zpsdd42qhjf.jpg

And theres the outcome of picking up an instrument and fecking about wi it your kids end up as daft as you lol...that pic of lil monster with my harp not even staged, he grabbed it out my mouth and spat up and down that thing like a giddy virgin with his first tit out the sling.

Awesome pics, Lovin' the new CB, you definitely got the start of a really nice collection there.
Wish I'd played more when mine were that age, only one of them is musically inclined, the other two not interested at all.
The Grandaughter loves that stuff though, I let her play on my APX but steer her away from the expensive stuff, got a couple of MO's myself but she just says oooh into them and fills them with drool. hmm

Fuckin sex pistols mad

Thats the great thing about the cbg's man you should defo pick one up..ok you aint getting the worlds greatest geetar no matter what price you pay but who the feck wants the worlds greatest, gimme a workhorse anyday of the week.
A whole shedload of it is basic carpentery so if anything go wrong most would have the skills or be able to figure it out from trial and error. The only reason i don't build my own is my complete and utter inability to comprehend basic math i am almost completely number blind which would mean me having to bring in the father to "help" but he likes things pretty and polished and couldnt resist sticking his neb in..he tried to take my newest one to get french polished off his mate at work...its 90 fecking years old in parts a hundred in others you dont tart the fucker up you send it a telegram