1 (edited by ℊnat 2015-04-25 11:52:30)

Topic: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

So starting off with the BvS trailer:

Then the surprise reveal of Jared Leto's Joker from Suicide Squad:

http://i.imgur.com/rXkPPlf.jpg

Theres been a lot of trash talk about both these things around the internet but im pretty pumped. I liked Man of Steel a lot more than most. I think its underrated. The Dark Knight series, well, we got a new Batman so we will have to see, but he looks pretty damn cool in the trailer. No annoying Christian Bale voice at least lol.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

Is that the really the Leto Joker? Seriously or is that a joke? I'm hoping it's a joke because that just looks like some random kid with bad teeth and green hair. I should be use to this sort of disappointment by now.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

3

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

I've heard that it is a different story line for the dc universe. Not the normal story line Bettie and Leto is s great actor I think he will do a good job

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

Bettie.. That is without his costume and without the benefit of knowing what the plot is and what his characters going to be like. But you can tell a lot from his expression and the makeup/tattoos... I think its going to be an overwhelming success but we will see.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

I never said Leto was a bad actor. I've been a long time Leto fan in all dimensions (acting and 30 seconds to Mars) and I'm very positive that he can pull of my beloved Joker.  I'm saying I hope the costume is way better and that he keeps it on at all times because without it he looks like a juggalo or fresh out of prison. It just looks too damn generic and the tattoos make it worse. I also hope that's not a GODDAMN grill in his mouth either. I don't even wanna know what Harley will look like and I don't care how they fix up Will Smith, he's no Deadshot in ANY parallel dimension and I'm not referring to race. I've always liked will smith though.

Know what, whatever, I just don't care anymore. I'll just read my comics and be in my corner.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

Fhehehheh you sound like a fangirl a lil bit bettie hehehehe..... *ducks*

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

gnat wrote:

Fhehehheh you sound like a fangirl a lil bit bettie hehehehe..... *ducks*

...Start running. Start running FAST and start running FAR. I'll give you 3 seconds.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

Bettie_Rage wrote:
gnat wrote:

Fhehehheh you sound like a fangirl a lil bit bettie hehehehe..... *ducks*

...Start running. Start running FAST and start running FAR. I'll give you 3 seconds.

Cmon...give me 30 seconds at least... To mars lol....

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

gnat wrote:
Bettie_Rage wrote:
gnat wrote:

Fhehehheh you sound like a fangirl a lil bit bettie hehehehe..... *ducks*

...Start running. Start running FAST and start running FAR. I'll give you 3 seconds.

Cmon...give me 30 seconds at least... To mars lol....

RUN!

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"
Thanks: gnat1

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

New Suicide Squad picture up with full cast as well as a close up of Will Smith as Deadshot. Ready your pitch forks and torches, people.

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

Didn't know Katana was in this, cool. Meh...I stopped caring and I just don't have the energy to. I just don't.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

So what about the new stuff guys? I love the suicide squad trailer...but why'd they have to put jesse fuckin eisenberg in batman v superman? That redcapes are coming line makes me cringe.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

I think Eisenberg could be good as Luthor.  Fuck, I cringed when I heard Kevin Spacey was playing him in that awful Superman Returns, but he, along with Parker Posey, were the only good parts of the film.  I'm not saying Eisenberg is Kevin Spacey, but I'm at least willing to withhold judgement until I see the film.  He could bring a certain amount of levity to a movie that might be taking itself a bit too seriously.

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

crazier things have happened i guess. i just find him extremely annoying. i think the only thing ive ever liked him in was the social network.

watch Now You See Me and tell me that isnt the most god awful piece of s you've ever seen. And they are making a sequel!

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

15

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

i liked the education of charlie banks, and zombie land was funny. Also now you see me was doomed from the start. I got hope for him.

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

I just returned from watching suicide squad and I'm more confused then anything, If your going to put batman in it at the beginning why the hell not at the very least give him a back story for the rest of the movie!?! I find it very hard to believe that Bruce Wayne/Batman would not be aware of the problems going on around him! I mean really they could have explained it off as him being captured in the first fifteen or twenty minutes or at least still trying to find a way to resurrect superman some how! (The worst case scenario being he doesn't get out as much as he used to)  I try not to read reviews until after movies and wished i had done that prior in this movies case as every review I've read has listed it as having the most confusing plot ever and damn does it! The only thing that seemed to save this was the character acting of Will Smith and Margot Robbie (Am glad the the joker scenes weren't to frequent because i didn't want it to be about them) I won't give away the ending, but the way it seems is were looking forward to the reboot from hell in a year or two!

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

I try to not be influenced too much by critics, but they have kept me from seeing BvS and SS in theaters. I'm going to watch them, but I couldn't bring myself to pay based on the overwhelming negative response. It sucks too because I had been looking forward to Suicide Squad for the longest time.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

18 (edited by u.s.c.b. 2016-08-12 02:16:39)

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

gnat wrote:

I try to not be influenced too much by critics, but they have kept me from seeing BvS and SS in theaters. I'm going to watch them, but I couldn't bring myself to pay based on the overwhelming negative response. It sucks too because I had been looking forward to Suicide Squad for the longest time.


The thing is I'm not trying to piss all over it because i wanted to give it it's chance like everything else (If you remember i was the "other guy" Who liked Bvs) But it really seems like they went out of it's way to promote it to anybody who wouldn't understand it at all and all they got was terrible feed back! I think D.C. needs to start putting more thought into making there current project strong and stop trying advertise there upcoming movies within there recent movies! Oh thank you by the way, I just tried to share my complaints on reddit and was met with three instant down votes! (Don't those deweebie  bastards know that that downward arrow can make a person cry!?! smile)

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

There's a lot of people who get instant butthurt if you say anything negative about DC. Marvel too for that matter.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

20 (edited by Bettie_Rage 2016-08-13 20:15:18)

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

I try to be impartial because I really don't have a favorite out of the 2 companies BUT I do read more DC than Marvel BUT I like Marvel movies better than DC; I'm pretty equal with their TV shows, though since I have favorites of both. I think DC has become overly occupied with trying to "beat Marvel" and should instead focus on making a solid movie. They've got good tv shows but they can't translate into movies for some reason. They're sacrificing the integrity of their product just to keep up with Marvel. That's not the way to go. They should stop being so concerned about what Marvel is doing and just do DC. I'm a fan of the SS comics and I was initially against the movie after seeing the casting but eventually was on the fence about seeing it, because I just can't take Will Smith as Deadshot seriously...it's basically Will Smith playing Will Smith and apparently I was right. From what I've seen Margot did an amazing Harley despite not doing Harley's iconic accent. Then I found out Chavo "died", one of my favorite characters in the comic, so I was done and decided to wait until it was in the $5 bin at Walmart. I'm just thankful they didn't add Joker's Daughter to the lineup because she is an awfully boring one-dimensional character.

Anyway, off track here, my point is: DC needs to focus on DC.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

Exactly, Bettie. The reason Marvel is so successful these days is because they created their own little niche. If you think about way back when the first Iron Man came out, superhero films were still kind of a laughing stock. They definitely weren't what they are now. The old X-Men and Spider-Man trilogies were okay and were successful, but critics didn't really take them seriously. But when the MCU started, they made an effort to create their "thing". Their were some bumps on the road, sure, but they have pretty much got the formula down now.

DC should have not wasted so much time trying to make themselves like Marvel. They should have focused on being original and putting out a quality product. If I were in charge there, I would have told them to get Justice League out of their mind completely. I would have left Batman and Wonder Woman out of the next Superman and made it a true Man of Steel 2. Then I would have rebooted Batman for the DCEU. Man of Steel 2 with perhaps a cameo or two, then the Batman Reboot, then Wonder Woman, then Aquaman, etc. Then maybe someday you can talk about Justice League. But their strategy of throwing a bunch of shit on the wall and seeing what sticks is not working. Way too many chefs in the kitchen. Find a rising star somewhat unknown director with a vision and passion for the subject and put him on something. Hit something out of the park and turn it around.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

There's to much for me to quote so I'll say i agree with pretty much everything you both just said, The way D.C. is going is we're just gone to end up with one over stuffed movie where there going to have to have a characters battle royal instead of a plot! And as Bettie said about the comics I'm happy with my Animated series because at least there they give a fuck about story line development (I'm watching the new adventures right now and between us and every body reading this i think Mark Hamill has been the best joker sense Jack Nicholson) Oh Bettie about the jokers daughter, Well I'll let you watch first smile

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

All I know is Batman VS Superman had a whole 8 minutes of actual fighting between Batman and Superman. Not really what the name of the film implores, is it?

Too many comic movies coming out, its watering down the medium to a fucking watercolor.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

24 (edited by u.s.c.b. 2016-08-14 04:26:22)

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

All I know is Batman VS Superman had a whole 8 minutes of actual fighting between Batman and Superman.


That was some of the idea thou, The whole movie being drug around the idea of giving the viewer the "How could batman ever stand a chance" or the "could this be the one man who could figure out how to beat superman" attitude (The story being built around them both sitting on a pedestal about the other one even thou they both wanted the same thing)

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Re: Batman vs Superman/Suicide Squad/Future DC

Warner Brothers is essentially just running itself into the ground.  They aren't promoting their movies that could make them money (Edge of Tomorrow, anyone) and instead they're giving Snyder and Peter "I can't make a movie under 3 hours long" Jackson blank checks that are essentially going to bankrupt them. 

I think their biggest problem has been the success of the gritty quasi-realistic Nolan Batman films.  They saw you could have a dark tone without humor to great effect and great box office totals.  I think the problem is that they can't find a tone they want, and Snyder isn't having any real consequences for putting out movies that are being critically panned and aren't bringing in enough money.  I haven't seen any of the DC movies since The Dark Knight Rises in theaters because even the trailers look awful.  And I just read an article today that the Wonder Woman movie is a mess, which is really unfortunate because the Comic Con trailer looked absolutely amazing.