Re: Movies

I thought Iron Man 3 wasn't too bad. Daredevil and Elektra definitely blew the hardest, closely followed by Spiderman 3 and whichever Hulk one I'm thinking of, Captain America was pretty fuckin lame too, as was Thor.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Captain america was pretty lame thats for sure, iron man 3 was pretty shit i thought. But so was number 2, the original was good. Spiderman 3 was terrible. Ive never seen daredevil or elektra.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Best part about Captain America was Hugo Weaving.  I have yet to dislike him in a movie.  And the Sam Raimi Spidey flicks were ruined by bad casting.  I stand by my original opinion that if they had just cast fucking Topher Grace and any one other than Kirsten Dunst that they would have been much better movies.  Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina were really the only good choices they made.

justanotherpunk wrote:
Bettie_Rage wrote:

Question: Why is it in the promos for those horrible Paranormal Activity movies, do they show those corny shots of the audience reactions, like it's the scariest thing in the world? OK if those movies scare you, you should hang yourself. I HATE those GODDAMN movies, even though it's pretty hard to scare me. The last movie to scare the hell out of me was Tales from The Hood and maybe Dead Silent, because I hate porcelain dolls and puppets. Just a rant.

ANYWHO, for my birthday I got Iron Man 3. havent watched it yet because I also got a ps3 at a time when the games were dirt cheap because of the ps4 concentration. Honestly I love Iron Man, Robert Downey, and Don Cheadle. Gweneth seems like an insufferable cunt.

Don't even bother watching Iron Man 3. Worst Marvel movie made yet.

well since I didn't buy it I don't care if it sucks or not. But there are FAR FAR worse marvel movies out there (i.e. Elektra and Daredevil). I'm not a fan of either character so that didn't help. I liked both Iron Man 1 & 2 so why not finish the collection.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

American Hustle was absolutely amazing.

it had everything in a movie you would possibly want and Amy Adams is super hot. i don't know what it is about her but i absolutely love her. I have been considering following her and finding out her daily routine.
And the scenes with Deniro are pretty damn intense. i have never felt so anxious watching a  movie.

I watched Blackfish a week or two ago.  I already knew from watching The Cove that I'd never go to a Sea World again, but seeing the story of Tilikum was astounding.  A great doc.

Cappy wrote:

I watched Blackfish a week or two ago.  I already knew from watching The Cove that I'd never go to a Sea World again, but seeing the story of Tilikum was astounding.  A great doc.

I'm glad my parents never took me there as a kid. Its fuckin disgusting.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

don jon was bad ass

also the hobbit, but im a nerd

Cappy wrote:

I got Blackfish the other day, I haven't got around to watching it yet. Its definitely on my priorities though.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Yes Daredevil and Elektra did suck, the difference being they weren't actually made by Marvel. Iron Man 3 is easily the worst movie Marvel themselves have made.  The story was complete shit, the villains were a fucking joke (that CGI made me die laughing) and Tony Stark becomes James Bond insted of Iron Man? Let's not even mention the fucking influence Disney has had now with the annoying fucking kid character. All I can say is I'm glad i didn't pay to watch it. I would've felt ripped off.

Norwood wrote:
Cappy wrote:

I got Blackfish the other day, I haven't got around to watching it yet. Its definitely on my priorities though.

I seen Blackfish recently. I thought it was good. But I noticed that they referred to Orcas as 'Killer Whales" throughout the entire film - no big deal I suppose, just thought it was odd.

Films that I have seen in last week or so that I have really enjoyed have been 'The East' and 'Detachment'. Both films are worth watching I reckon.
The East -

Detachment - I liked how bleak the portrayal of humanity is in this film.

I watched blackfish. It was pretty good, I spent a fair bit of time researching it after, seems to be a fair bit of controversy, which is always going to be expected with any movie like that. But there were apparently trainers saying contridicting things to the trainers on the movie. It's all too hard to know what's truth and not on the interwebs now. Just gotta take things how you see and hear them and make up your own mind. Be skeptical about most things.

Can't wait new robocop comes out in three weeks! I've waited two decades for it, Can't wait the previews and trailers seem to do it justice. With Michale Keton as the villain it will be atleast a decent remake ( I'll just keep telling myself "don't expect the first one" "Don't expect the first one" While waiting in line!

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Definitely best to go in with low expectations in my experience. Trailers can be sooo misleading.

Watched The Impossible with the wife last night. Saddly ever so dreamy Evan McGregor wasn't enough to carry the film and was all very one dimentional. Happy happy holiday, then the zunami (which was shocking and exiting) and then hide and seek for the rest of the movie. Nice enough for a easy saturday evening movie thou 6-7/10.

66 (edited by 2punk4pos 2014-03-23 20:47:01)

sunnydee wrote:

I seen Blackfish recently. I thought it was good. But I noticed that they referred to Orcas as 'Killer Whales" throughout the entire film - no big deal I suppose, just thought it was odd.

Another name for Orcas IS killer Whales....and for good fucking reason...they are the absolute deadliest hunters in the ocean....youtube orcas hunting great whites or a pod of orcas hunting dolphins. beautiful vicious fuckers they are. I live in the place with that shithole Marineland....which is about a bazillion times WORSE than seaworld. in the US there is a law that orcas cannot be kept alone, because they are social animals. no such laws exist in Canada. and marineland has one very fucked up and lonely orca...every single baby born there has died or been murdered (by the other whales)....all the sea lions are going blind and the dolphins are in the most disgusting conditions you'll ever see...really sad shit. check out MAD (marineland action defense), the anarchist animal lib org trying to get them shut down. straight up war going on between the two parties, Dylan Powell, the main dude @ MAD has been hit with a million dollar SLAP suit.

I was lucky enough to see a pod of 8 wild & free killer whales while taking the ferry from Vancouver Isle (@ Victoria) back to Mainland Vancouver....one of the most magnificent things ive ever witnessed. one was jumping right in the wake up the ferry below where I was standing.

blackfish is a sad film that hits close to home. important message though.

watched Lincoln on the airplane that was pretty damn good, and I also watched mud. that movie was incredible.

Mud was amazing.  I'm so glad that McConaughey has decided to stop making horrible rom-coms and start acting again.  Can't wait to see him in Christopher Nolan's new movie, Interstellar.

^ hell yea. Ive had a total hard on for mcconaughey lately. I thought dallas buyers club was a little over rated but his acting definitely wasnt the problem. Not to mention true detective, which was one of the best tv series ive seen in years and years, maybe ever and that definitely DID have something to do with his acting. Interstellar looks very promising. I live christopher nolan movies and with MM im sure it will be great.

Since I'm just an overgrown kid and there's NOTHING out there that would hold my attention...I just got Despicable Me 2 and it makes me happy.

I think there are some good ones coming up in the coming months...

Dom Hemingway looks entertaining:

Under the Skin looks twisted.  Plus, Scarlett Johanssen in only underpants...

And, okay, it's a vampire movie, but Tilda Swinton and Tom Hiddelston.  I don't fancy men, but I would bite pillows for Tommy.

The Giver I'm more uncertain about, only because I remember it as a beloved childhood book.  I never realized that there were sequels either.  I'm a bit upset that the movie isn't in black and white to start with too.

I go to TIFF every year, and last year Under The Skin was a big audience favourite. looking forward to see it. doubts it will be better than AFIE, but im ready be blown away tongue I don't think most people here will enjoy the jarmusch vampire flick though lol.

73 (edited by ℊnat 2014-04-03 18:32:09)

Me and my uncle are gonna go see Haunted House 2...that's about as far as my movie-going goes. I won't be back in a theater til next year for Fast 7.

Went to see the Quiet Ones yesterday,  pretty dull film not many jumpy bits. My missus usually raves about ya supernatural horrors and even she thought it was just ok! Did go for a good curry after which made up for the film being bad n now I'm actually scared to go to the bog.

A VILE PRODUCT OF WELFARE UK