Topic: hardcore

I m trying to find some decent hardcore bands. I just recently found this genre of metal. I like madball,terror,lionheart,blood for blood, and hatebreed. I know hatebreed isn't considered a pure hardcore band but I like it.any suggestions?

also I m looking for some street punk bands. love the casualties and like the band the virus. for some reason uk bands don't do nything for me

Re: hardcore

Hi. Its not a genre of metal. Its just hardcore. Came from punk, got bigger.

thanks. kinda why I was hesitant on posting here. I call it metal and people say its punk. call it punk and its metal. anyhow im 40 years old , new to this and I don't need that shit.

eltrut420 wrote:

thanks. kinda why I was hesitant on posting here. I call it metal and people say its punk. call it punk and its metal. anyhow im 40 years old , new to this and I don't need that shit.

Relax.

People here are nice.
Music is categorized accordingly.
Genres actually mean something.
A correction shouldn't be taken as an insult.

Anyway,

Defeater.
Have Heart.
Bane.
Coke Bust.
Modern Life Is War.
Touche Amore.
Miles Away.
Full of Hell.

^ Some of my favorite Hardcore acts.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Hardcore seems to blur a lot of lines in the over-genrefication of music (to me at least). A few more to add to the list from my tastes are Agnostic Front, Down To Nothing, Kids Like Us, Death Before Dishonor, Go It Alone. Some ancient bands lumped in (though I dont always see it) is Ludichri$t and Stormtroopers of Death

From the wreckage of humiliation
I got my self respect
I pulled myself together
What the hell did you expect

if you like terror check out throwdown, one of my favorites

PM Me if You Need A Reseed on Anything I Downloaded or Uploaded

Agnostic Front
Bad Brains
Minor Threat
Sick Of It All
Gorilla Biscuits
H2O
Judge
Reagan Youth
Adrenalin O.D.

Ive always had a soft side for New York Hardcore, or just NYHC. But Boston, Washington DC, and L.A. all had/have some good bands. The scene has definitely spread out nationwide, but the main hotspots are DC, NY, Boston, Chicago, and LA. Im sure there are some bands from Austin (TX) or something, but I dont know of them of

streetpunk? top of my head, cerebral ballzy and OFF should be up your alley

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Negative Approach

Ick McWang wrote:

Agnostic Front
Bad Brains
Minor Threat
Sick Of It All
Gorilla Biscuits
H2O
Judge
Reagan Youth
Adrenalin O.D.

Ive always had a soft side for New York Hardcore, or just NYHC. But Boston, Washington DC, and L.A. all had/have some good bands. The scene has definitely spread out nationwide, but the main hotspots are DC, NY, Boston, Chicago, and LA. Im sure there are some bands from Austin (TX) or something, but I dont know of them of

Ick going full on old school - you can not go wrong with any of those bands! Speaking of Adrenalin O.D., I need to go make a request...

I got my self respect
I pulled myself together

oblivionbunny wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

Agnostic Front
Bad Brains
Minor Threat
Sick Of It All
Gorilla Biscuits
H2O
Judge
Reagan Youth
Adrenalin O.D.

Ick going full on old school - you can not go wrong with any of those bands! Speaking of Adrenalin O.D., I need to go make a request...

I also like Negative FX from Boston. And maybe some Youth Of Today. Death Before Dishonor. Ten Yard Fight. Darkbuster.

My edited post mentioned Cerebral Ballzy and OFF, as far as modern hardcore punk, you cant go wrong. As far as modern hardcore/hardcore/hardcore.

"Gurley's Cell Phone Number" by Darkbuster is a great track. Interviewed the guys back when I was running interviews and websites a lot more than now. Probably more punk than the hardcore the OP is looking for, though

no one has mentioned Murphy's Law or the Cro-Mags yet either. Excellent material there.

I got my self respect
I pulled myself together

blood for blood was excellent hardcore too

To add a few more hardcore bands: Warzone, Sheer Terror, Rival Mob, Slapshot, 86 Mentality, Chain Of Strenght, Down To Nothing, DYS, Judge, Side By Side, Bold, Better Than A Thousand, Youth Of Today, Boston Strangler, Peacebreakers, Wisdom In Chains, Chain Rank, Cruel Hand, Coldside, Forced Order, Floorpunch, Hoax, Violent Reaction, Inside Out, Freedom, The Flex, Protestes, Pure Disgust, Take Offense, Ten Yeard Fight

Some crossover bands: Municipal Waste, Iron Reagan, Foreseen, Power Trip

Maybe we should start a new main torrent category titled Hardcore....

I got my self respect
I pulled myself together

oblivionbunny wrote:

hahaha! We used to have people asking for queercore, then came the genre jokes..beardcore etc...considering it came from punk, punk/HC should stay together methinks.

Bacon wrote:
oblivionbunny wrote:

hahaha! We used to have people asking for queercore, then came the genre jokes..beardcore etc...considering it came from punk, punk/HC should stay together methinks.

I cant say I disagree. There's too much genrefication in music these days anyway (esp in metal and industrial).

I got my self respect
I pulled myself together

oblivionbunny wrote:
Bacon wrote:
oblivionbunny wrote:

I cant say I disagree. There's too much genrefication in music these days anyway (esp in metal and industrial).

They took our jobs!! wait sorry..south park was just on. smile

LOL

I got my self respect
I pulled myself together

19 (edited by addicted 2015-09-10 02:19:56)

Hardcore has differentiated itself quite a lot from punk since the '80s...

While it holds true to the spirit of punk through self promotion, diy, community building, etc., sonically it has become separate, bearing only a passing resemblance to punk.

Listen to any modern hardcore band. Enough said.

Edit: refused, his hero is gone... Two bands extremely influential to the modern "new wave" of hardcore. E.g. la dispute, full of hell.

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Bacon wrote:
oblivionbunny wrote:

Thank you, Bacon, for explaining the actual basis behind all the -core user rankings. An actual cut and paste link hackjob sounds as much fun to me right now as going to work, so cheers to you for being prompt and precise.

OG-scene-punk-points for Bacon.
Skip to about 1:35 if you want to see the actual relevant lyrics to the discussion, but the whole song is what I am talking about

EDIT
I didnt realize the user ranks were gone. Not sure what happened with that but I will get em back. My post doesnt make as much sense when everyone is just Member and not what it was

addicted wrote:

While it holds true to the spirit of punk through self promotion, diy, community building, etc., sonically it has become separate, bearing only a passing resemblance to punk.

I hear you on that, the term has been kinda misappropriated. Like, Minor Threat and Bad Brains were the definition of Hardcore when it all started, but Hardcore now, as defined, sounds quite a bit different.

Ick McWang wrote:
addicted wrote:

I hear you on that, the term has been kinda misappropriated. Like, Minor Threat and Bad Brains were the definition of Hardcore when it all started, but Hardcore now, as defined, sounds quite a bit different.

No, it hasn't been misappropriated.
Eschewing shitty scene bands attempting to capitalize upon the resurging popularity of the genre, legitimate hardcore has marched on strong.
The bands defined as hardcore today are influenced by hardcore punk bands who pushed the boundaries of what "hardcore" could be. E.g. older bands like fugazi, refused, rites of spring, saetia, neil perry, charles bronson, orchid, etc. To more modern bands like, the specifically extremely influential within the current scene, modern life is war. Shit changed.
Everything evolves. For better or for worse.
And those "hardcore punk" bands that influenced my generation to start bands, changed the game for us.
The argument over what is hardcore and what isn't is analogous to old men bitching about "back in my day..."

If hardcore meant being sincere, conscientious, and ever pursuing an evolution of sound, then yes, hardcore is still kicking... And better than ever imho.

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

I love that song, hardcore is really a different beast now, probably one of the genres who's sound has changed the most. We had a category for it on PSX when it was a thing, but it was a pain, people never knew which forum to post it in, i think keeping it with the punk is simplest and best

Ive checked out some of the bands mentioned in this post and i like some of it. My problem is im partial to well produced/engineered/mixed/mastered etc music. Ive never had vinyl so  stuff taken off vinyl and turned into mp3s sounds shitty to me.ive tried my best to get into the misfits bcuz i really like alot of the covers bands do of misfit tunes ie metallica, hatebreed,nofx etc but i cant find a misfit song that doesnt sound like it was recorded ina dumpster. Same with alot of older bands.