Re: Perfect Albums in Your Opinion

Bacon wrote:
Bettie_Rage wrote:
spiderview wrote:

Wasted - Suppress & Restrain
[img]ttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VpTPSxOEXQ4/TraxSDozNKI/AAAAAAAABF0/77WJ_MiAGbU/s320/WASTED_suppress_and_restrain_2000.jpg[/img]

Endstand - To Whom It May Concern...
[img]ttp://www.soundi.fi/sites/default/files/styles/infobox_image/public/soundi/record_review/Endstand_To%2BWhom%2BIt%2BMay%2BConcern..._5706.png[/img]

these were..FUCKING golden. Is there any way you can get them up on here? I use to have these and I lost them (meaning my ex stole them).

Bettie, ive got those two albums, ill put them up tonight

And if you guys need anything else, just let me know.

Norwood wrote:

Id never even heard of this band, well maybe i had somewhere...? Id definitely have never listened to them though,  I you tubed one of there songs, i think i lasted 2 minutes? Sorry man, that was horrible. Ha ha everyone is different i guess though.

You probably listened to their newer stuff. Pretty much everything they've made post-2010 is pretty lackluster, they've really lost their gritty-ness. If you care to, here's a better introduction song to them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oufB68XfysI

ShoeGlue wrote:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6pu3ja8ZE1rrpnx6.jpg
As far as recent albums go, it doesn't get any better.

Wouldn't call it perfect but its a fantastic album. Any idea what there up to now? They really haven't done anything since they released the album and toured with the Street Dogs last year. We haven't even heard whispers of them doing a hometown show or anything here.

"I pop punk, not pills"

chisox100 wrote:
Norwood wrote:

Id never even heard of this band, well maybe i had somewhere...? Id definitely have never listened to them though,  I you tubed one of there songs, i think i lasted 2 minutes? Sorry man, that was horrible. Ha ha everyone is different i guess though.

You probably listened to their newer stuff. Pretty much everything they've made post-2010 is pretty lackluster, they've really lost their gritty-ness. If you care to, here's a better introduction song to them

You really listen to a band with New Found Glory-like vocals for their grittiness? Why not just listen to NFG and a band with growling like that separately? They just don't fit together imo, and I seriously doubt Norwood is going to enjoy that song...

29 (edited by chisox100 2013-09-24 04:15:35)

Astro Villain wrote:
chisox100 wrote:
Norwood wrote:

You really listen to a band with New Found Glory-like vocals for their grittiness? Why not just listen to NFG and a band with growling like that separately? They just don't fit together imo, and I seriously doubt Norwood is going to enjoy that song...

Yeah I can't imagine him liking it either big_smile

I'm just a huge sucker for unnecessary and random genre meshings.....maybe that explains why DKM is my favorite band.

"I pop punk, not pills"

I didn't like it. 10 Internet points to astro for knowing me better than chisox.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

chisox100 wrote:

I'm just a huge sucker for unnecessary and random genre meshings.....maybe that explains why DKM is my favorite band.

I bet we think more about DKM's progression and "genre meshing" than DKM. Sometimes groups just have fun with what they do. Thats how the best music comes out.

OiTheAria wrote:
chisox100 wrote:

I bet we think more about DKM's progression and "genre meshing" than DKM. Sometimes groups just have fun with what they do. Thats how the best music comes out.

Im pretty sure we think/discuss anything and everything about the band more than they do.

"I pop punk, not pills"

Marcia Griffiths - Sweet Bitter Love
The Beat - Wha'apen
Roy Ellis - The Boss is Back

http://www.twincuts.net/content/asob-3cheers-cover.jpg
Arrogant sons of Bitches - Three Cheers for disappointment

Man This Albums just fits perfectly together is just. many road trips i have had i usually always listen to this one.

http://www.straightandalert.com/797-852-thickbox/la-dispute-wildlife-2ble-lp-.jpg

La Dispute - Wildlife

im gonna guess not many people here probably would really listen to this band. but this album is just fuckin sick.

for those curious
WARNING dont blame me when you think its lame

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/57688651/My+Brain+Hurts+High+Quality+PNG.png

Screeching Weasel - My Brain Hurts

Yeah yeah yeah. ive only been listening to this band since i was in 4th or 5th grade. being a nosey little brother i went through my sisters shit when i was bored. i used to rummage through their vinyls and found teen punks in heat introduced  me to the band. i fucking feel in love and had to have everything. i remember getting this for my birthday in 6th grade and man. its just plain good great. start to finish.

theres too many albums in too many genres of music for me to choose from.

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

I'm a pretty big fan of la dispute, I've seen them a couple of times and there pretty nice guys from what I've gathered talking to them. I haven't really listened to wildlife, but i like their older stuff.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Norwood wrote:

I'm a pretty big fan of la dispute, I've seen them a couple of times and there pretty nice guys from what I've gathered talking to them. I haven't really listened to wildlife, but i like their older stuff.

i am very glad to here this. almost anyone i have ever talked hates them and makes fun of them. i fucking love la dispute. honestly probably one of my top 5 favorite bands.

wildlife is a great album if interested, i can post my collection that i have of them. have you heard of touche amore? never listened to them before and caught them at riot fest and they were pretty sick as well as really nice guys. their music reminded me of la dispute.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

Touche Amore is great. Ive only seen them once though.

I like that song Nine by La Dispute, its more like poetry than a song but still.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

wow im surprised more people like that style of music. most people hate on it so much that i rarely tell people about them seriously one of my favs

Huh I thought I was the only one here who would've even heard of La Dispute and Touche Amore, let alone enjoy their music. Didnt get to see Touche at Riot Fest though, set overlapped with All Time Low (it was pouring rain so seeing ATL on concrete ground seemed more appealing than Touche Amore in 6 inches of mud)

"I pop punk, not pills"

chisox100 wrote:

Huh I thought I was the only one here who would've even heard of La Dispute and Touche Amore, let alone enjoy their music. Didnt get to see Touche at Riot Fest though, set overlapped with All Time Low (it was pouring rain so seeing ATL on concrete ground seemed more appealing than Touche Amore in 6 inches of mud)

off with their heads played right before. i was up front on the rail for them and decided to stick around. fuckin totally worth it. never had heard [musically] them and glad i caught them

i figured youd might enjoy them. seeing you choose Homesick blew me away. a day to remember is so sick and put on one of the best shows ive seen.

I cant agree with you on a day to remember, cant get into them at all.

I like also like touche amore, been listening to them since about 2009. Never seen them unfortunately.

i was iffy on them before i saw them live. their live performance blew me away.

43 (edited by chisox100 2013-10-08 16:25:59)

imazombie wrote:
chisox100 wrote:

off with their heads played right before. i was up front on the rail for them and decided to stick around. fuckin totally worth it. never had heard [musically] them and glad i caught them

i figured youd might enjoy them. seeing you choose Homesick blew me away. a day to remember is so sick and put on one of the best shows ive seen.

I was also barricade for OWTH, I think i saw you like 3 or 4 people to my left. Have you heard ADTR's new album? It just came out today. Im on my second listen and I'm really liking it. A lot better than What Separates Me From You which I think was their last one.

Last week I saw them down at Illinois State, it was my third time seeing them and the live show was blew away anything they've done before.

"I pop punk, not pills"

havent heard the new album yet. waiting till i get paid to pick it up.  yeah i have seen them 4 times. 2 in pittsburgh 1 chicago and 1 riot fest. their last album was pretty good.  actually that was the album that introduced me to the band. my friend showed me the track  You Be Tails, I'll Be Sonic and a week later i went and saw them.

I guess im just very nostalgic towards the older albums. I just listened to What Separates Me From You and it was better than i remembered. Come to think of it i really like 7 of the 10 songs.

Weird thing about the new album though is they're still in legal battles with Victory so its not for sale anywhere but the bands website.

"I pop punk, not pills"

Victory has a history of pretty much fucking over every band they sign. Most the bands they sign suck anyway but still not cool.

pretty much all the bands[a day to remember, hawthorn heights, streetlight manifesto/toh kay]  tony at victory has screwed over are the best bands the label has seen

I've had the chance to talk to the singer from the death metal band Wretched that's signed to Victory and they have nothing but love for the label. A friend of mine works for the label too (albeit he's a very low level employee) he said in ADTR's case they signed a deal to release four records for Victory. They released three albums and re-recorded/released their original album they put out independently. Victory claimed the re-release didn't count towards the album quota and ADTR said it did. The court ruling last week said ADTR still owes Victory one album.

To me that sounds like its ADTR's fault but like imazombie said it has to be more than a coincidence the three biggest bands the label has ever had have all had legal battles with them.

"I pop punk, not pills"

Those are far from the best bands the label has seen (in my opinion anyway). I'll take Blood For Blood and Warzone anyday...

Streetlight doesn't even fit on that label, but they got fucked so much they went as far as telling everyone to torrent their latest CD.