Re: GAMER CORNER

I'm upgrading my GPU from Sapphire R7 280x to a MSI RX 480x, a higher power supply, and going Water Cooling. Game-wise this year has sucked for open world third person games on PC. I don't think there was one release. So now I'll have the system to play any new game coming out, they just need to make the games and release them! Anyone else upgrading there PCs? And have you heard anything about Third person openworlds coming out in the near future?

PunBB bbcode test

Ick McWang wrote:

Its worth it.

Well, I see that now. I knew that since it's hooked up directly the TV HDMI, the picture would be gorgeous, and it is. I didn't get far in Uncharted before I had to go entertain my Grandma, but it was fun and very smooth. I'm waiting until this semester is over on wednesday to dive into Fallout.

I'm really happy with it, despite the installation times, mainly because I don't have to play PS4 in my brother's stinky ass room and I can have my own games to play since, for the most part, we have quite different gaming tastes. Like many others, I wish it was backwards compatible so I could go ahead, take down my PS3, and use that space for it but meh. At least I'll be ready for when GTA 6 comes out because I've yet to miss one.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Bettie_Rage wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

Its worth it.

Well, I see that now. I knew that since it's hooked up directly the TV HDMI, the picture would be gorgeous, and it is. I didn't get far in Uncharted before I had to go entertain my Grandma, but it was fun and very smooth. I'm waiting until this semester is over on wednesday to dive into Fallout.

I'm really happy with it, despite the installation times, mainly because I don't have to play PS4 in my brother's stinky ass room and I can have my own games to play since, for the most part, we have quite different gaming tastes. Like many others, I wish it was backwards compatible so I could go ahead, take down my PS3, and use that space for it but meh. At least I'll be ready for when GTA 6 comes out because I've yet to miss one.

red dead redemption will be out long before we ever see another GTA.

And trust me, the load/update times are way faster on the PS4 than the xbox one. And I like how the PS4 automatically searches for and downloads updates for all your games in the background, even while you are doing other things (watching a movie) or playing a different game. The Xbox one waits until you actually select that specific game, THEN checks for updates. So oftentimes I just want to throw on Fallout on Xbone for a half hour, but find out I have a bunch of updates to do first. End up frustrated and turn on the PS4 and play something else while I wait for the updates.

I also got Thief for 10 bucks but havent played it yet. Playing Far Cry Primal, got it on a Black Friday deal, its...ok? Pretty decent? Its just another Far Cry exactly like all the others except its in prehistoric times, and you have to scavenge plants and skins and craftable items even more than before, so... yay?

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Ick McWang wrote:
Bettie_Rage wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

Its worth it.

red dead redemption will be out long before we ever see another GTA.

And trust me, the load/update times are way faster on the PS4 than the xbox one. And I like how the PS4 automatically searches for and downloads updates for all your games in the background, even while you are doing other things (watching a movie) or playing a different game. The Xbox one waits until you actually select that specific game, THEN checks for updates. So oftentimes I just want to throw on Fallout on Xbone for a half hour, but find out I have a bunch of updates to do first. End up frustrated and turn on the PS4 and play something else while I wait for the updates.

I also got Thief for 10 bucks but havent played it yet. Playing Far Cry Primal, got it on a Black Friday deal, its...ok? Pretty decent? Its just another Far Cry exactly like all the others except its in prehistoric times, and you have to scavenge plants and skins and craftable items even more than before, so... yay?

The 360 had that too, where updates were never in the background and you had to update it before you played the game. My brother and I long gave up on Microshaft though and it feels like they're trying to move units any way they can because every other commercial I see is giving away an Xbone as an offer or you can win one.

I did read somewhere a while ago that a new GTA was in the works but I haven't been keeping up with much game news so I don't know how far that's gone. I haven't even finished Red Dead yet, lol. I get sidetracked a lot with games and I tend to start something else and end up not finishing another game for months or years. Far Cry is pretty much like CoD where it's really just another game in the franchise, not much deviation, but you still play them which is exactly how I feel about CoD. I've played ALL of them pre next-gen, I know exactly how each game is going to play out, but I have some blind masochistic loyalty to keep playing the new ones. It's like an abusive relationship.

As for Thief, it's been in the bargain bin at Gamestop for a while for $10 and I've been meaning to get it because I was bored. I can't recall what I've heard about it but it's dirt cheap and it looked fun. Watch Dogs 2 also looks like a pretty fun play, despite the failure of the first game that I never played lol. Actually, my next game purchase is going to be Dishonored 2. Dishonored is among my favorite games and the new one looks stunning with the bonus of being able to play Emily. I'm hoping it wasn't just a Black Friday sale that made it $35 because I really want to go back and get it.

I've read really good things about Watch Dogs 2. I'm curious to try it since I'm moving to the bay area in a month. I love seeing the place I live in media(I'm currently in albuquerque and only get my car washed at the place from Breaking Bad).

I really really want Civ VI, but school has been kicking my ass, so I'm hoping to get it as a gift for christmas. I shared a link to my steam wishlist to my inlaws, so with luck I'll get a few things from that.

^Yo tell me some good ABQ bands. I dig the Eyeliners, Econarchy, Noisear, Russian GF's and maybe some others I can't think of. I'm here too btw - kind of a dead scene, I'm probably jumping ship soon too.

-----------------
In order to not derail - I only have a PS3, I tried playing Skate3 but the controls irritate the shit out of me. I need to buy a THPS game.

Anybody upgrading their gaming PCs or getting new consoles during the holidays?

PunBB bbcode test

Chelsea_Bound wrote:

Still waiting (from page six of this thread, fucklol) for the new AMD's new series (Zen/Rysen) to decide on my new build.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/press-releases … dec13.aspx

Been nursing this '09 build long enough. Once I see benchmarks I'll decide on my next socket. I'd really like to see AMD give Intel some competition. I think it would be good for the sector on a whole. LGA 2011 vs AM4

https://i.sli.mg/Gn6uhn.jpg

I'm thinking 1,000,000 : hippies vs folkpunks ; punks vs skins ; buddhas vs muhammad.

I have no clue how that "game" works but I'm sure it's completely scientific, empirical yet push button easy.

234 (edited by Bettie_Rage 2016-12-24 21:15:27)

I got my gift on Black Friday and, honestly aside from my puppy, is the best thing I've gotten in a while. This PS4 is goddamn amazing aside from having to install games, kinda defeating the purpose of a physical copy, that eats up your memory so you have to make a pimp decision in deleting some game data. It REALLY sucks if you have some digital copies on the hard drive, like I do. I downloaded Warframe, Let It Die and Siren, a game I've been hunting for the PS2, but haven't played it yet. I put down Fallout 4 and got really into Arkham Knight, so I've been playing that non-stop. Now, GAMEPLAY wise it was fun for me but the story is so weak and generic. It's obvious this was written by someone other than Dini, who did Arkham Asylum and City. But I was SO excited to have played as Nightwing and Catwoman for a bit, while I continue to rag on how lame Jason Todd was as Robin and a character in general. He is easily one of the worst Robins ever aside from Carrie Kelley and Damien Wayne and this game implies that he's weaker than at least Drake since his mind was so easily broken by Joker while Drake persevered I did get Black Ops 3 for about $13 and started it but haven't picked it up since.

Other than that, my parents said that was IT for me even with my birthday on the 28th. I REALLY wanted Dishonored 2 and Star Fox Zero for my 3DS, but I'll settle for my uncle buying my comics on Wednesday and taking me for chinese.

Well I got my MSI RX 480x GPU and It kills! This thing costed around $200 and its even with Intel's best card that costed a Hell of a lot more. Super awesome feat. I also 4K'ed up my monitor and it 40"! This is the best my PC has looked in a while. Now it's time to get into the Steam sale and buy some cheap ass games. Anyone else get a new console or PC upgrade? And Happy Christmas Y'all!

PunBB bbcode test

Bettie_Rage wrote:

I got my gift on Black Friday and, honestly aside from my puppy, is the best thing I've gotten in a while. This PS4 is goddamn amazing aside from having to install games, kinda defeating the purpose of a physical copy, that eats up your memory so you have to make a pimp decision in deleting some game data.

you can go to your library and re-download it when/if you want to play it again

It REALLY sucks if you have some digital copies on the hard drive, like I do. I downloaded Warframe, Let It Die and Siren, a game I've been hunting for the PS2, but haven't played it yet. I put down Fallout 4 and got really into Arkham Knight, so I've been playing that non-stop. Now, GAMEPLAY wise it was fun for me but the story is so weak and generic. It's obvious this was written by someone other than Dini, who did Arkham Asylum and City. But I was SO excited to have played as Nightwing and Catwoman for a bit, while I continue to rag on how lame Jason Todd was as Robin and a character in general. He is easily one of the worst Robins ever aside from Carrie Kelley and Damien Wayne and this game implies that he's weaker than at least Drake since his mind was so easily broken by Joker while Drake persevered I did get Black Ops 3 for about $13 and started it but haven't picked it up since.

I for whatever reason couldn't stand Arkham Knight, but I think its because I am burning myself out playing every game. Im almost sick of gaming. Not right now, cuz I am playing Watch Dogs 2, but those games that would keep me going when the game release schedule is slow, like Madden, are starting to get old to me. Once I beat Watch Dogs 2, I pretty much have nothing to play until Mass Effect Andromeda

Other than that, my parents said that was IT for me even with my birthday on the 28th. I REALLY wanted Dishonored 2 and Star Fox Zero for my 3DS, but I'll settle for my uncle buying my comics on Wednesday and taking me for chinese.

All I know is I have the PS4 and the Xbone and I still pick the PS4 as the best GAMING console. If you are trying to use your console as a medai center, linking to your PC, playing music, watching videos, its the Xbone. But purely gaming, the PS4 has kicked its ass up and down the street

tacothecheese wrote:
Chelsea_Bound wrote:

Still waiting (from page six of this thread, fucklol) for the new AMD's new series (Zen/Rysen) to decide on my new build.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/press-releases … dec13.aspx

Been nursing this '09 build long enough. Once I see benchmarks I'll decide on my next socket. I'd really like to see AMD give Intel some competition. I think it would be good for the sector on a whole. LGA 2011 vs AM4

https://i.sli.mg/Gn6uhn.jpg

The RX 480x is pretty awesome, if you go AMD again.

I'm thinking 1,000,000 : hippies vs folkpunks ; punks vs skins ; buddhas vs muhammad.

I have no clue how that "game" works but I'm sure it's completely scientific, empirical yet push button easy.

PunBB bbcode test

Ick McWang wrote:
Bettie_Rage wrote:

I got my gift on Black Friday and, honestly aside from my puppy, is the best thing I've gotten in a while. This PS4 is goddamn amazing aside from having to install games, kinda defeating the purpose of a physical copy, that eats up your memory so you have to make a pimp decision in deleting some game data.

you can go to your library and re-download it when/if you want to play it again

It REALLY sucks if you have some digital copies on the hard drive, like I do. I downloaded Warframe, Let It Die and Siren, a game I've been hunting for the PS2, but haven't played it yet. I put down Fallout 4 and got really into Arkham Knight, so I've been playing that non-stop. Now, GAMEPLAY wise it was fun for me but the story is so weak and generic. It's obvious this was written by someone other than Dini, who did Arkham Asylum and City. But I was SO excited to have played as Nightwing and Catwoman for a bit, while I continue to rag on how lame Jason Todd was as Robin and a character in general. He is easily one of the worst Robins ever aside from Carrie Kelley and Damien Wayne and this game implies that he's weaker than at least Drake since his mind was so easily broken by Joker while Drake persevered I did get Black Ops 3 for about $13 and started it but haven't picked it up since.

I for whatever reason couldn't stand Arkham Knight, but I think its because I am burning myself out playing every game. Im almost sick of gaming. Not right now, cuz I am playing Watch Dogs 2, but those games that would keep me going when the game release schedule is slow, like Madden, are starting to get old to me. Once I beat Watch Dogs 2, I pretty much have nothing to play until Mass Effect Andromeda

All I know is I have the PS4 and the Xbone and I still pick the PS4 as the best GAMING console. If you are trying to use your console as a medai center, linking to your PC, playing music, watching videos, its the Xbone. But purely gaming, the PS4 has kicked its ass up and down the street

Yeah, with Batman games you burn out quickly because each game is just like the last except now you can drive the Batmobile, which you could do in the SNES game, but I still want to fly the Batwing. Honestly, driving the batmobile and briefly playing as Catwoman and Nightwing are the only relatively good points, but with Nightwing it's REALLY repetitive with the tag-team type fighting. They really should make a purely Nightwing game, BUT I did enjoy playing it. My brother and I usually say, as with CoD and Left 4 Dead, if you've played one you've played all of them. I still haven't beat it though because I went back to Fallout 4, building settlements is fun but I rarely give a shit enough to defend them. I figure all those goddamn people should know how to fight for themselves by now, lol. My brother and I are excited for Andromeda but I'm MORE excited for Last of Us 2 coming out in 2018, particularly since Joel could be "dead" during the game and it seems to be Ellie-centered as an adult. Alls I can tell is that something happened and she's PISSED so...

We never wanted an Xbone, since PS4 seemed to be the superior console, I mean it's fucking gorgeous on my screen and Xbone never had any games worth buying it for, aside from KI. Gears of War ended in 3, where it should have, so I don't acknowledge 4 and I sure as shit don't care enough to know about Marcus and Anya's son, who happens to be goddamn dead before the game with no explanation. We played the hell out of KI on the SNES growing up and it looks fucking amazing on next gen, but neither of our computers could probably handle it.

Overall, I love this thing, lol. Also, Nintendo's coming out with the Switch, so...

After starting Darksiders Warmastered Steam Edition a week ago, I beat it today and just started the HD remade sequel. Have to say these games are pretty bad-ass. I'm also playing Steep, but it can get frustrating tho, so beware.

PunBB bbcode test

Watchdogs 2 is pretty good, actually very good but not BEST EVER. If you do try it, don't waste your time trying to play it like a first person shooter or Splinter Cell, clearing room to room and all that. I did the entire game start to finish non-lethal, and the gadgets are all you need to infiltrate and do what you need to do. The RC car thing is freaking sweet, and the drone thing is cool too. i thought the cast was well rounded, and the main character is a black male. There are a couple times race comes up in a totally workable, non intrusive way. (especially when invading the "nudle" office, a play on "Google)" where you and another black character are basically the only black employees at Nudle, and people act suspiciously around you, and phony around you, and the characters (marcus and Horatio) comment about being the only black people working there.

skip to 2:40 to get a taste of what i mean. then 3:18 after that

They round out the cast with an autistic white male, a media savvy/music savvy white female, a black male coder, and a weird white male who wears a mask that shows his emotions as emoticons while keeping his face off camera. And Ray from the first Watchdogs shows up as well. Its no 10/10, but if you thought the first game had at least a good premise, a serviceable idea, this game takes that and ups it 10X. If you have no interest in a game about the surveillance state, then you probably are better off playing Battlefield or some shit.

Some of the topics brought up in Watchdogs (and Watchdogs 2) are truly things that people shouldbe talking about and debating, but aren't , because we are sheeple and all that.

I also got Thief for PS4, Ryse and Mortal Kombat X for Xbone, but havent gotten there yet.

I read really good things about Watchdogs 2 in relation to how they handled race. The fact that they were ballsy enough to do it, and insert commentary on it, speaks volumes and makes me worry about Vivendi's hostile takeover of Ubisoft even more.

Hopefully I'll have the scratch to buy it during Steam's Summer Sale. Right now, I'm biding my time to wait and see what the release price will be on the Switch and if one of the release bundles will have the new Zelda game. Worst case scenario there's my Wii U, but the Switch looks so sleek and beautiful and being able to play it in bed (sometimes my only free time) would be amazing.