Re: GAMER CORNER

Howling wrote:

Is it just me alone in this world that couldn't get into skyrim at all? I loved the elder scrolls but skyrim..meh.

It's a watered-down version or Oblivion, which was just a watered-down version of Morrowind, etc.

Bethesda is only interested in released triple A titles now. It's about units sold and not original fanbases sated.

Whatever. I'll always have New Vegas.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

You're not alone Howling.  I haven't played any of them.  I think I might have started one once or twice, and I would have thought it would be a game that would destroy my life, but I've just never gotten into them.

Howling wrote:

Is it just me alone in this world that couldn't get into skyrim at all? I loved the elder scrolls but skyrim..meh.

I wouldn't say you're alone at all. Games are like cinema, some like certain things that others do not. Personally with mods I put around 5000 hours in it cross-platforms.

Bettie_Rage wrote:
Chelsea_Bound wrote:
Bettie_Rage wrote:

I think the only Bethesda game I ever played was Fallout.

You've never played Skyrim? If not try it out, it's dirt cheap now.

I've heard that I do NOT have the personality for that game...or was it Dark Souls? I don't remember, I'll probably get it. It's like $5 here, me thinks.

Probably Dark Souls. I have the first two games. It's definitely 'Rage-Quit' worthy.

PunBB bbcode test

A friend of mine played the hell out of it every time I was over, but I've never played it. I hear good things but eh.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

nortonhearsawho

Hit a dude up to play some gears and halo 5.
Just got an Xbox One today.
I love it.

(shut up, ick).

Haha.

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

We've  been replaying Gears 1-3 for days and now idea why...good times. Don't have an xbone though, since we're done with microshaft. I don't have online either since I don't play with others, except my brother, so there's no point in spending the money.

Blegh...Halo 5 and the new gears. Just blegh..

Bettie_Rage wrote:

We've  been replaying Gears 1-3 for days and now idea why...good times. Don't have an xbone though, since we're done with microshaft. I don't have online either since I don't play with others, except my brother, so there's no point in spending the money.

Blegh...Halo 5 and the new gears. Just blegh..

Why blegh?

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

I guess it's because I've been both titles since they first came out, Halo and Gears were the first games we bought for the xbox back when it first came out, that I'm set in my ways with them. I know they can't keep using the usual squad because they're getting older but, I mean, where could gears possibly go when the main plot revolved around the now defunct locust? Marcus wiped them all out, and Myrrah, in 3 with the Imulsion bomb so we're like "wtf is there left to tell?" It just feels like they're trying to keep the series alive, by making the main character Marcus and Anya's apparent son JD, instead of letting it end as it was supposed to. I read the mini synopsis and I'm still not impressed or interested, plus we'd have to buy an xbone and that's not happening for one game. We didn't even buy one for Killer Instinct and we played that back on snes.

As for Halo, it's pretty much the same deal of letting it go out gracefully. Don't get me wrong, I liked Halo 4 and thought it was visually stunning but then they killed off Cortana and I was more or less done. Now they're trying to bring her back just to become the next "bad guy"? It sounds desperate to keep a series alive that shouldn't be, as with Gears.

Yes, I'm one of "those" when it comes to specific titles that I grew up with and love. They let God of War end on a decent note so why not let these two go. I just don't want them to turn into the travesty that is now Sonic. It smells if desperation to make a buck off of these two iconic titles.

addicted wrote:

nortonhearsawho

Hit a dude up to play some gears and halo 5.
Just got an Xbox One today.
I love it.

(shut up, ick).

Haha.

I have both, a one and a ps4. And Bethesda didn't make new Vegas, just released it. They subcontracted it out to Obsidian Entertainment. Other than it being a fallout game in Bethesda engine, Bethesda did nothing for it other than market/produce it. Kinda like a major record label

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Well, time for another Battlefield ... Battlefield 1?! Well I suppose I can discount the other 10 games I have in the series. I better get to mustard gas people and shoot horses. Fucking cavalry.

Chelsea_Bound wrote:

Probably Dark Souls. I have the first two games. It's definitely 'Rage-Quit' worthy.

That whole series is beyond rage-quit worthy. But the OCD gamer in me feels buying a new controller every 6 weeks after smashing it to fucking bits is worth it for some reason....

From the wreckage of humiliation
I got my self respect
I pulled myself together
What the hell did you expect

tacothecheese wrote:

Well, time for another Battlefield ... Battlefield 1?! Well I suppose I can discount the other 10 games I have in the series. I better get to mustard gas people and shoot horses. Fucking cavalry.

Still waiting for another Bad Company game.

That whole series is beyond rage-quit worthy. But the OCD gamer in me feels buying a new controller every 6 weeks after smashing it to fucking bits is worth it for some reason....

My brother just bought the 3rd one and he's my calmer half, even when it comes to gaming. I didn't even make it far AT ALL in Bloodborne before I almost broke his PS4. He popped in Dark Souls 3 and it's been like listening to a mini-me. That game is brutal.

Bettie_Rage wrote:

Still waiting for another Bad Company game.

Bad Company was the shit! I miss wookie hunting with my NS2000. Although I'm kinda glad they haven't fucked up that franchise. I don't hold much hope for anything from EA.

The little vandal in me just wept with joy. VR is looking sweet! How many organs is it possible to sell without dying, semen and blood isn't gonna buy me a Vive.

Anyone here played Everquest project 1999? If so, what are your thoughts?

190 (edited by Chelsea_Bound 2016-06-01 21:18:27)

I went old school and got a Snes Game Genie  to play my old collection. Anyone still messin' around with the old 8 and 16 bits systems?

PunBB bbcode test

The Blood and Wine DLC for Witcher3 is superb so far. Its every bit as good as the main game itself

Also played all 3 DLC so far for Fallout 4. I don't know what they cost individually as I bought the season pass, but Far Harbor is a whole new map, 15-30 hours of play depending on your style. The machinist dlc is more like a quest line, and is similar to the Silver Shroud quests. Also allows you to build robot companions.

Chelsea_Bound wrote:

I went old school and got a Snes Game Genie  to play my old collection. Anyone still messin' around with the old 8 and 16 bits systems?

Ive still got a SNES, and im keeping my eye open for an n64. Love the classic games, goddamn cartridges are expensive now but ive got a pretty good collection, only ones im still really trying to find a deal on are castelvania and kirby

PM Me if You Need A Reseed on Anything I Downloaded or Uploaded

maverick wrote:
Chelsea_Bound wrote:

Ive still got a SNES, and im keeping my eye open for an n64. Love the classic games, goddamn cartridges are expensive now but ive got a pretty good collection, only ones im still really trying to find a deal on are castelvania and kirby

Which ones specifically do you need?

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Ive got the original Kirby Dreamland on Gameboy unopened. I got 2 copies for my birthday back in the day and opened one, kept the other. Apparently its worth about 200 bucks but im not looking to sell it. On Amazon its going for $400! Lol

Ive still got about 30-40 of my NES games, about the same for SNES. I had a bunch for GameCube but I gave my gamecube to my sister when i got a PS2.

gnat wrote:
maverick wrote:
Chelsea_Bound wrote:

Which ones specifically do you need?

Im looking for castlevania 4 and either kirby superstar or dreamland 3, wouldnt mind a copy of metroid for snes too

PM Me if You Need A Reseed on Anything I Downloaded or Uploaded

E3 Motherfuckaaass!

Awww Dishonored sad. I loved that game on Xbox; it was so fun. I don't much care about keeping up with new games anymore. My brother is the one with the PS4, not me, and he doesn't play the games I do. Prey looks cool though. I LOVES to shoot things.

I got a raging Bethesda boner lol.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

I loved Skyrim, but I could think of a dozen other things I would rather play than a freaking remaster of a game that isnt even 5 years old. Mass Effect looks very interesting, however.

Ick McWang wrote:

I loved Skyrim, but I could think of a dozen other things I would rather play than a freaking remaster of a game that isnt even 5 years old.

It does look good, but I could download a decent enb and make my version look as good (if I could cope with 10fps), I've already improved most of the original textures anyway.
Console only too, so, fuck it.

Howling wrote:

...... the fuck? yikes

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad