201 (edited by Chelsea_Bound 2016-06-15 18:51:40)

Re: GAMER CORNER

Ick McWang wrote:

I loved Skyrim, but I could think of a dozen other things I would rather play than a freaking remaster of a game that isnt even 5 years old. Mass Effect looks very interesting, however.

I agree completely, I've been playing Skyrim for years with all the cosmetic mods and a couple hundred other Mods as well. I'm playing it again right now, but getting super bored with it again. You can only play this game's missions over and over again until you get sick of it. I'm at that point AGAIN. I know I was asking for to much, when asking to get a new Elder Scrolls game. There has been a lot of people getting mad at others who have this opinion. They say we get a free copy of the new version on PC, but I've put 5000+ hours in Skyrim already. I need now content.

And for the other big E3 announcements, this seems to be the year for FPS, VR, and Moba's; I don't play any of these. I'm more of an immersive player. I prefer a good single player, over the shoulder[3rd person], open world game that I can get wrapped up into. I used to love Mass Effect, so Ill give that a chance and that Vampyr game looked interesting but I'm not sure it's console exclusive? Speaking of console exclusive, God of War looked good, but I'm a PC player, so no dice on that one. I feel like I'm being pessimistic but I usually love E3. This year just didn't seem as good to me personally. Just my opinion though.

Edit: I found this game a couple weeks ago before E3, I'm getting it, some of you might like it too.

PunBB bbcode test

202 (edited by addicted 2016-06-16 16:20:08)

Guana wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

I loved Skyrim, but I could think of a dozen other things I would rather play than a freaking remaster of a game that isnt even 5 years old.

It does look good, but I could download a decent enb and make my version look as good (if I could cope with 10fps), I've already improved most of the original textures anyway.
Console only too, so, fuck it.

Howling wrote:

Is it just me alone in this world that couldn't get into skyrim at all? I loved the elder scrolls but skyrim..meh.

...... the fuck? yikes

Nah, guana, you get a free update on the pc version, assuming you own the base game and all the dlc's.

It'll be free for steam users.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Chelsea_Bound wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

I loved Skyrim, but I could think of a dozen other things I would rather play than a freaking remaster of a game that isnt even 5 years old. Mass Effect looks very interesting, however.

I agree completely, I've been playing Skyrim for years with all the cosmetic mods and a couple hundred other Mods as well. I'm playing it again right now, but getting super bored with it again. You can only play this game's missions over and over again until you get sick of it. I'm at that point AGAIN. I know I was asking for to much, when asking to get a new Elder Scrolls game. There has been a lot of people getting mad at others who have this opinion. They say we get a free copy of the new version on PC, but I've put 5000+ hours in Skyrim already. I need now content.

I've started completely uninstalling after every playthrough and just putting the mods on that I want for the next playthrough for stability sake, every time I play it's a completely different game. last playthrough I was a half-dragon half Vampire witch, I filled the game with Vampire mods tweaks and quests and pretty much ignored the main quest (unless I had to unlock certain areas) certain quests like the mage guild you have to do and I totally get what you mean about new content but there are shitloads out there.
This playthrough I'm a Paladin, I only use Restoration magic, I downloaded a really good mod that gives you the power to renounce the Daedric princes during each quest, it destroys the artifact but grants you a power or a bonus, it made doing the same old quests fun again.
I run Frostfall and realistic needs and diseases so everything has to be micro-managed or I'll freeze or starve to death. it's more like the fucking Sims now than Skyrim but challenging and enjoyable, in my last playthrough I could fly to High Hrothgar in a minute and sit naked in the snow without dying because of my Vampire side, now I get half way up and I have to make camp, light a fire, eat a cheese wheel and have a little sleep. I've also got everything turned off my compass exept direction, all town markers, cave markers have gone, even the little red enemy blip's have gone so in a fight I don't even know how many I'm fighting.
At the moment I'm rebuilding Helgen, when that's done I'm pretty much finished so I've got a mod lined up that spawns extremely tough undead armies at night, another mod that makes everyone in the game mortal, so I'm going to run them both and see how long the different cities last.

For my next playthrough I've got a landlord mod that lets you own virtually any property in skyrim, mods that let you run businesses and mines, I'm going to have an alcoholic non-combat character and see if I can make a million without actually killing anything, just relying on mercenaries to keep me alive.
Skyrim is just too versatile to get truly bored with it, the vanilla missions are same old same old but you can still approach them from a different direction.

I don't have many games sad

addicted wrote:

Nah, guana, you get a free update on the pc version, assuming you own the base game and all the dlc's.

It'll be free for steam users.

I actually Woo-Hoo'd when I read that, Cheers Addicted big_smile

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Glad I can help lol.

I'm going to install the update just to check it out, but honestly, I lost interest in that game a long time ago.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Anyone else play the most recent Witcher add-on, Blood and Wine? Very good, full fledged DLC with a whole new vibrant area and a good 30 hours or so of content. I really really like Fallout and Skyrim and Bethesda games in general, and for this statement, Dragon Age: Inquisition, but Witcher 3 is just so much better. Its on PC, so you guys need to check it out (Guana). Sure there are some moments where playing the prior games helps, but in reality, you can pick it up and play it, as it is no problem and not feel like you dont know what is going on. Its conversation trees and depth of choices rival/better a game like Mass Effect, you get to use magic, be a general badass, and have two freaking swords.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Ick McWang wrote:

Anyone else play the most recent Witcher add-on, Blood and Wine? Very good, full fledged DLC with a whole new vibrant area and a good 30 hours or so of content. I really really like Fallout and Skyrim and Bethesda games in general, and for this statement, Dragon Age: Inquisition, but Witcher 3 is just so much better. Its on PC, so you guys need to check it out (Guana). Sure there are some moments where playing the prior games helps, but in reality, you can pick it up and play it, as it is no problem and not feel like you dont know what is going on. Its conversation trees and depth of choices rival/better a game like Mass Effect, you get to use magic, be a general badass, and have two freaking swords.

I got it, but I'm putting it off for now because I heard this is the last of Witcher we'll be getting.

PunBB bbcode test

Chelsea_Bound wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

I got it, but I'm putting it off for now because I heard this is the last of Witcher we'll be getting.

Dude when I finished it about wanted to cry. Not (just) the ending, but because no more Witcher...

Blood and Wine is such a great chapter. The whole region of Toussaint rivals anything I have seen. Its not just fluff its a real add on, a whole map. And a whole bad ass set of armor I can spoil if you guys want but you only have one chance at it.

GTA online is doing its annual Fourth of July weekend. Best chance to get the Patriot beer hat, which I have rocked proudly since the first Fourth weekend two years ago

PS4 had NBA 2k16 as its free game for Plus members. I dont like basketball, but since it was free, I gave it a shot, and its actually pretty decent. Spike Lee directs the beginning of myCareer mode, so the beginning is kind of a growing up tale that feels and sounds just like a Spike Lee movie. To me, its a ripoff to the story mode in Fight Night Champion, but that's ok.

Speaking of Fight Night, I wish they would make another. Its not an every year game to begin with, I understand, but its been since march 2011

Still playing a little NBA 2k16, but also on the xbox one been playing the crew, was the free games for gold last period so it was a free trial, i see that the Wild Run add on fixed most of what they left out of the original release. Good racing fun if you have at least 1 real life person to play it with. You can certainly play it solo but having a companion (or even a full "crew" of 4 total people) makes it a whole other game

Game day! DEUS EX Mankind Divided and Maddden 17! Woooooo!

Deus Ex looks to be phenomenal, although some people are complaining already that its short, so thats not a good sign to me, but its getting 9/10 reviews pretty consistently so I imagine its going to be a good time

Madden is, well, Madden. I get it every year, and I pretty much only play franchise mode, and from what I read, they really worked on franchise mode for this years version, so I am excited for that.

So if I dont post much over the next few days, that why!

Ick McWang wrote:

Game day! DEUS EX Mankind Divided and Maddden 17! Woooooo!

Deus Ex looks to be phenomenal, although some people are complaining already that its short, so thats not a good sign to me, but its getting 9/10 reviews pretty consistently so I imagine its going to be a good time

So if I dont post much over the next few days, that why!

I...HATE...you.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

I hope one day I will be able to be current with video games again. I miss the anticipation of new releases and being awed by new graphics/mechanics etc.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

gnat wrote:

I hope one day I will be able to be current with video games again. I miss the anticipation of new releases and being awed by new graphics/mechanics etc.

Me too lol im a console behind now and i havent been able to run new pc games for a couple years now

PM Me if You Need A Reseed on Anything I Downloaded or Uploaded

Anyone play Mario Maker for WiiU ? Insanely entertaining.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

As far as Deus Ex, I finished it the other night. Fucking great game, but it leaves you on a cliffhanger kinda like Half Life 2 episode 2. If you enjoyed Deus Ex Human Revolution, this game is at LEAST as good if not much better. You just gotta pay attention to things. The reviewers who complain, and say how short it is, thats cuz they speed-played thru the storyline only. If you do all side missions, read every computer entry (which is half the fun of a Deus game), you can spend 40, 50 hours easy. And the side missions are fully fledged missions, not tossaway fetch quests.

gnat wrote:

Anyone play Mario Maker for WiiU ? Insanely entertaining.

Played it at a friend's house. if I had a WiiU i could see myself spending hundreds of hours making levels. Definitely will be picking that up when I can find a WiiU for less than $100.

Haven't done a whole lot of gaming in the past year besides the occasional multiplayer steam game and a lot of Pokemon Go hours. Decided I need to change this and start gaming again so I picked up Assassin's Creed Rouge for the PS3. Pretty awesome so far.

"I pop punk, not pills"

Ick McWang wrote:

As far as Deus Ex, I finished it the other night. Fucking great game, but it leaves you on a cliffhanger kinda like Half Life 2 episode 2. If you enjoyed Deus Ex Human Revolution, this game is at LEAST as good if not much better. You just gotta pay attention to things. The reviewers who complain, and say how short it is, thats cuz they speed-played thru the storyline only. If you do all side missions, read every computer entry (which is half the fun of a Deus game), you can spend 40, 50 hours easy. And the side missions are fully fledged missions, not tossaway fetch quests.

HAH! I always laughed at people who complain about a game being short because 99.999% of the time they speed play though it and don't take the time to actually PLAY the game. I like taking my time and really experiencing a game if I'm paying $60 for it. I loved Human Revolution and I really liked the story, plus Jensen is just awesome. I never pay attention to critics and reviews because as far as I'm, and my money, is concerned I like what I like.

Anyone else out there playing Mafia 3? Im enjoying it quite a bit. Some reviewers knocked it as being "repetitive" but pretty much every open world game has some repetitiveness, GTA and Skyrim included. Fallout had more stupid fetch quests than anything in a while.
It mostly reminds me of the Godfather game from 2006 (not the '09 sequel, that game sucked). You are seeking revenge on the Italian Mob for killing your dad and brother, and you take over the town piece by piece, dismantling rackets, stealing, killing, and general bad-assery. And for once, the main character is a man of color. Outside of superhero or police games/movies/whatever, black men (and women) dont really get a fair shake without it seeming forced and/or unnatural. lincoln Clay is a character you can get behind, and the game being set in New Orleans, 1968, at the height of MLK and racial relations, you are subject to a lot of racial taunts and shit like that

219 (edited by Bettie_Rage 2016-10-20 22:24:03)

It's on my list when I finally get a PS4. I feel that it's my civic duty, as an African American, to mow down the klan in that game as brutally and with as much extreme prejudice as possible.

I think I'm getting one for X-mas/my Birthday because my parents feel bad for me lol.

Bettie_Rage wrote:

It's on my list when I finally get a PS4. I feel that it's my civic duty, as an African American, to mow down the klan in that game as brutally and with as much extreme prejudice as possible.

I think I'm getting one for X-mas/my Birthday because my parents feel bad for me lol.

One of the penultimate missions is taking down the Southern Union, which is the KKK at the time. Of course you sneak in the front with no problems by dressing in a uniform to look like the "hired help". You face racism the whole game, but you dont face the actual Klan until you run into Remy Duvall and the Southern Union

you can use brutal takedowns while stealthing if you are good enough. Like Deus Ex, this game gives you violent and non-violent routes throughout

Ick McWang wrote:
Bettie_Rage wrote:

One of the penultimate missions is taking down the Southern Union, which is the KKK at the time. Of course you sneak in the front with no problems by dressing in a uniform to look like the "hired help". You face racism the whole game, but you dont face the actual Klan until you run into Remy Duvall and the Southern Union

you can use brutal takedowns while stealthing if you are good enough. Like Deus Ex, this game gives you violent and non-violent routes throughout

That's one awesome achievement lol. Usually, as far as achievements/trophies go, you get them for both routes but I always do the violent route first smile. Most times I mix it up and use what I feel is appropriate for the situation because I think sticking to just one playthrough style is boring. The only game I actually asked for, if I were to get a PS4, is Fallout 4 but if she's feeling generous I'll also take Overwatch or DOOM, my brother plays it all the time and it looks so much fun sad. Everything else can really wait.

Pokemon Sun/Moon is finally fucking out, so where you at Addicted? I have Sun, i have no idea why I always want red versions of games probably because of my preference for fire pokemon, and my brother has Moon. I haven't played mine yet, but my brother has been glued to it since he got it.

Unfortunately though, it won't be compatible with Poke Bank until next year sad

Hey folks Im playing BF1 on pc (yea im one of THOSE guys) name is Lux_int3rior ifn you want to join me at being bad at this fun ass game.

224 (edited by Bettie_Rage 2016-11-27 22:33:40)

Got out on damn Black Friday to get the Uncharted 4 PS4 bundle for 250, so now I'm finally next gen. What I do hate is by the time the goddamn game installs, after around 4 fucking hours, you don't feel like playing anymore. My brother already told me about that with the games, though. Also got Fallout 4.

I'm still pretty content anyway.

Its worth it.