Re: Stick or Auto?

robotron wrote:

Drive standard, I love it, have had 3 auto's and 3 manuals, like the manuals a lot more, even the one I got for $700 learned on a 98 VW Passat, 97 Saturn SL2, and currently '04 Ford Focus Zx5 I get bored when I drive the extra effort makes it fun for me.

My dad just bought a 2015/16 Focus RS. That thing is fucking sweet.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Currently drive a stick. I have owned 6 vehicles[all clunkers, no wrecks] and two were automatic. If I was lucky enough to get a new car, I would get a automatic just so I can chill and relax while driving. Lazy? Yes, but I don't give a s--t, I've passed my Speed Demon years.

PunBB bbcode test

I drive an '86 BMW 325is.  It has a bunch of M3 paraphernalia, so it might be one of the first M3s, but I really have no idea.  Bought it for $300 over 5 years ago and it's still going alright; I haven't had to put very much money into it, definitely less than a grand.  Very fun car.  Manual, of course.

My internet is awful and I'm sharing it.  If you're waiting on me to seed something, be patient; I'll do my best.

"I will never bow down to another man even when everyone's saying I've sinned."  - Toh Kay

Post pics. I'm about to a mk4 golf for about $2000.

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

addicted wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

what year cobalt? cobalts up until very, very recently are basically 90's cavalier/pontiac sunfires with modern safety standards. Actually known to be bulletproof mechanically but a POS in the interior and heating A/C

If its the clutch it will be no less than $500 bucks, possibly quite a bit more. It's been years since I have paid to have a clutch replaced, and that was a rear wheel drive. FWD can cost more

Clutch was $303 exact.
It catches high (about 3/4 up off the pedal). I hate that.
I've been doing a lot of work on it recently. If you're interested, bro, I'll go into detail.

300 bucks, Damn that seems cheap unless you did it yourself. 09's are decent, you lucky enough to have the ss?

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Ick McWang wrote:
addicted wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

what year cobalt? cobalts up until very, very recently are basically 90's cavalier/pontiac sunfires with modern safety standards. Actually known to be bulletproof mechanically but a POS in the interior and heating A/C

If its the clutch it will be no less than $500 bucks, possibly quite a bit more. It's been years since I have paid to have a clutch replaced, and that was a rear wheel drive. FWD can cost more

Clutch was $303 exact.
I've been doing a lot of work on it recently. If you're interested, bro, I'll go into detail.

300 bucks, Damn that seems cheap unless you did it yourself. 09's are decent, you lucky enough to have the ss?

Nah. Not ss. Unfortunately.
Yea. $303 was for just the part. I took it to a shop and they charged me about a grand. Got angry and said, "if i ever want to fucking have money, i better learn myself transmission work."
So, my mechanic buddy walked me through it if I'd ever have to do it again.
It's not that difficult to do it yourself if you have access to a shop. It's just really time consuming.

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

addicted wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:
addicted wrote:

Clutch was $303 exact.

Yea. $303 was for just the part. I took it to a shop and they charged me about a grand. Got angry and said, "if i ever want to fucking have money, i better learn myself transmission work."
It's not that difficult to do it yourself if you have access to a shop. It's just really time consuming.

For sure. The right facility is why I didnt do it myself, i know how to do it but you kinda can't in an apartment parking lot. Even in my house now, I have my driveway and I have a nice air compressor, air tools, but I don't have a car lift. I have an engine stand, but not an engine hoist, so I cant lift anything from the top. My experience with race cars only helps with the nuts and bolts of it, the tiny workspaces and all the different systems clogging the way in a regular car (along with no proper facility) keep me from doing anything more difficult than a master cylinder or valve adjustment

Ick McWang wrote:
addicted wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

For sure. The right facility is why I didnt do it myself, i know how to do it but you kinda can't in an apartment parking lot. Even in my house now, I have my driveway and I have a nice air compressor, air tools, but I don't have a car lift. I have an engine stand, but not an engine hoist, so I cant lift anything from the top. My experience with race cars only helps with the nuts and bolts of it, the tiny workspaces and all the different systems clogging the way in a regular car (along with no proper facility) keep me from doing anything more difficult than a master cylinder or valve adjustment

That's the fuckin' problem isn't it?
I swear, my pap had this shit figured out.
Then again, he spent his life accumulating all the necessary tools, then by the time he needed them he was too old to fuckin' use them.

Gah.

Fuck it. lol

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Random thing: I have sneaking suspicions that my dad is fixing up my aunts '79 Z28 for me, which is a stick that I haven't driven since I was 15 so now I gotta relearn how to do it.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

totally worth it for that though eh thats a fuckin nice car

PM Me if You Need A Reseed on Anything I Downloaded or Uploaded

maverick wrote:

totally worth it for that though eh thats a fuckin nice car

My dad has a brown model of the exact same car in the back but that thing is beyond repair; it's pretty much scrap metal really. It has no engine, no transmission, the body and interior is just fucked from rust; there's no saving it. Camaros have always been my #1 favorite car and I'm just ready to get rid of this fucking SUV. I'm just tired of it and it's slowly giving up anyway. Only problem is, if I need something major I have to import the parts which is expensive.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Fucking sensor in my fucking valve stem went.
Stupid fucking GM fucking garbage.

Simple fix?
Yea, but I still have to waste my goddamn fucking time doing something fucking stupid.

Rant over.
Bah.

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

addicted wrote:

Fucking sensor in my fucking valve stem went.
Stupid fucking GM fucking garbage.

Simple fix?
Yea, but I still have to waste my goddamn fucking time doing something fucking stupid.

Rant over.
Bah.

what the fuck sensor is that? Valve stem? That's internal-ish. Valve stem would indicate some sort of exhaust or intake failure I would think

No, man.
It's the TPMS sensor.

It's on the bottom of the valve stem on the "inside" of the rim.

It's a $50 part, max. It's just fucking annoying that everything that can go wrong on an American made vehicle will, inevitably, go fucking wrong.

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

addicted wrote:

No, man.
It's the TPMS sensor.

It's on the bottom of the valve stem on the "inside" of the rim.

It's a $50 part, max. It's just fucking annoying that everything that can go wrong on an American made vehicle will, inevitably, go fucking wrong.

Oh, I know what that is, ok. Its the sensor that tells you if you tires arent properly full of air and whatnot. My wifes car has that, its handy when it works but sucks if its on all the time. I see them on amazon anywhere from 17.99 to about 50 bucks. For some reason I was thinking your actual intake/exhaust valves.