1 (edited by Norwood 2013-12-11 10:03:20)

Topic: Uploading 101

Id thought i would make a 'hopefully' simple how to upload thing. Well how i do it anyway, feel free to correct me if im wrong anyone, or if there are better ways to do it. Im not very good at this and i learnt through trial and error, so hopefully this is pretty easy to understand coming from someone who has basically no torrent knowledge at all and doesn't understand all the fancy stuff.

Create a separate folder somewhere on your computer that with the files in it that you want to upload, say for instance an album, Place all the songs in this folder plus whatever else needs to be in there, album covers, album info etc etc.

Open up your torrent client, (uTorrent in my case) and click on create new torrent from the file menu.
http://imageshack.us/a/img854/5357/s26v.png

Click on directories and select the folder with your saved all the files, if you uploading a discography, then there might be a folder with artist name, then sub folders with albums names then each album would obviously have all the files in that folder.
Ensure the tracker properties has the POS tracker in there, as shown in the picture and from underneath the header at the top of the forum page-

http://punkoiska.com/extensions/fancy_t … nounce.php

Ensure "start seeding" is unchecked and "Private torrent" is checked.
Click on "create and save as" the green bar at the bottom of the box will load across and then you will get a pop up box asking where to save, ensure you save in the same place where all your filess are saved. For one album, save the torrent in the folder with all the files/songs. If you were uploading multiple albums save the file under the first folder where all the subfolders are listed. Hopefully that makes sense.
http://imageshack.us/a/img14/1329/1w72.png

When you have done that, click save. Then you will be left with the "create new torrent box still up, you can close this now.
Go to whatever forum on the site that your upload fits into, and create a new post. Ensure to name your torrent with

Artist Name - Album Name (Year/Format/Bitrate)

just to make it easy for everyone to see what you have uploaded. When you have created the heading, post some info (i dont know how to do the NFO stuff) about your upload, like a tracklist and maybe a photo of the album cover. Include any other relevant info in the body of the text.

Now click on "choose file" and find where you saved the torrent file, It will have the little green uTorrent symbol next to it, and finish with .torrent
Select the file and click open. Now when everything is right and the file is there, click on the submit post button. Now the important part.

Now you need to click on the "download this torrent file" option and download the file back to yourself sort of.

http://imageshack.us/a/img843/8959/8fco.png

When you click on the link, it should automatically take you to your torrent client, when asked where you would like to save the torrent, select the exact same location as to where you saved the actual torrent file. This is important. When you find the location click save, this will then start checking the torrent file, if done correctly the file should check through to 100% in a few seconds (depending on the size of the torrent)
Once 100% is reached the file should start seeding and you have now created a torrent.

Hope this helps a little bit, i know its hard when starting out, and im no master, and i probably wont be able to answer many questions, but maybe this will help 1 or 2.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Re: Uploading 101

Norwood wrote:

(i dont know how to do the NFO stuff)

just download it and run the program and point it towards the folder you are uploading,it will usually fill in the tracks for you etc and then just copy and paste the info into your post
Generated by Music NFO Builder v1.20 - www.nfobuilder.com

Thanks lizard, I might have to give it a go myself.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

stickied.

I have never selected 'Private Torrent' when I've put stuff up. I normally just unselect 'start seeding'. Is there a reason to do this that I am missing?

I'm not sure? I've always done that? I think someone told me to do that on pos 3 or so versions ago. If anyone knows why or why not to, then please fill me in to.

my torrents are not seeding. any ideas on why not?

sunnydee wrote:

I have never selected 'Private Torrent' when I've put stuff up. I normally just unselect 'start seeding'. Is there a reason to do this that I am missing?

select private because they are private trackers, not public like piratebay

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

Once I have my desktop set back up I promise to start uploading. I feel like a douche for never doing so.

10 (edited by MAD© 2014-02-05 23:56:07)

sunnydee wrote:

As mel_the_bell said
You must make it a private torrent
Reasons-

• If you have dht etc active on your client the stats may/will be read here

• if your torrent is uploaded to here the hash will be reliant of this site so any future downloads/uploads anywhere will effect your ratio HERE unless it is private

If you only want your ratio to be ....you=upload/here...you=download/here...Make it private
It's not for our enjoyment ...it's so you don't lose crucial ratio.

POS has no way to stop that ....you do.

CREATE EVERY TORRENT WITH THE ANNOUNCE HERE
http://punkoiska.com/extensions/fancy_t … nounce.php
And make sure it's private.

please help me, i followed all steps, twice now and my torrent is still "connecting to peers 0.0%' and not uploading! any ideas what ive done wrong?

DOnt worry sorted out! i had the 'create sub-folder checked' so it wasnt working

Nice one! Let us know if you have any more issues!

I use BitLord and I was just wondering if the tracker link stays the same? I really want to upload some stuff for everybody but I have no idea what I'm doing! Sorry and thank you!

AubreyZombieFace wrote:

I use BitLord and I was just wondering if the tracker link stays the same?

yep

Thank you! The only problem now is that the torrent never goes to 100% after upload and I did everything correctly... sad

Have you removed or renamed any item in the folder where your torrent files are stored since creating the torrent? Or added something in there after? Thats all i can think of, but im no torrent expert either?

To my knowledge, I haven't altered it at all... I got pretty frustrated for trying for two hours and nothing came out of it lol. I'll try again when I get more motivated to.

Why is my torrent not showing as seeding?  I have uploaded, added tracker etc. then opened with utorrent and saved in exact same location.  Utorrent is saying it is seeding, but not on the link on pos, it says 2 leechers???
I am new to this uploading, but have managed 3 successful ones following the exact same routine.  Any help will be grateful .  cheerz

Mellend is a Bellend and so say all of us smile

it says in utorrent that the tracker is an invalid passkey?  I copied and pasted from underneath the header???

Mellend is a Bellend and so say all of us smile

longtallgazzer wrote:

it says in utorrent that the tracker is an invalid passkey?  I copied and pasted from underneath the header???

not sure, having  problems myself but will try and find out for you

longtallgazzer wrote:

Check that you copied just the passkey and not an extra dot or some such nonsense have made that mistake before

you get the passkey after you download the torrent from the website, did you click the start seeding button? don't do that, try redownloading the torrent

Took me while to figure out but at
Now you need to click on the "download this torrent file" option and download the file back to yourself sort of.

http://imageshack.us/a/img843/8959/8fco.png

When you click on the link, it should automatically take you to your torrent client, when asked where you would like to save the torrent, select the exact same location as to where you saved the actual torrent file. This is important. When you find the location click save, this will then start checking the torrent file, if done correctly the file should check through to 100% in a few seconds (depending on the size of the torrent)

when the box opens up there is a check box with create subfolder make sure this is unticked (was ticked for me)

Hi,

I have been following the instructions and have the download directed back to the same folder the torrent is in.

It creates the same file name with a .1 at the end so there are two files.  I have not been able to sort this out. 

Any advice would be welcome.  Thanks