Re: Uploading 101

ippon.kumite wrote:

Hi,

I have been following the instructions and have the download directed back to the same folder the torrent is in.

It creates the same file name with a .1 at the end so there are two files.  I have not been able to sort this out. 

Any advice would be welcome.  Thanks

dont just save it in the file, try clicking the file in the folder, sounds like its not saving it as its saving it aswell as so you get two files in the folder

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

I've read through this a million times, done everything to the T and still when I download this torrent back to myself it just sits at 0%...i don't know what I'm doing wrong.

It says everything under trackers is working too. I just can't figure it out.

same issue as djenks... using qbittorrent.. did all the steps and it says stalled at 0%... can see people trying to dl too... sad

hi lads i followed all steps and still cant get it right lol, ill do it again tonight and hope for the best

Hi lads i got my first upload up, the problem for me was i did not save the torrent file to the right folder, this is the last step of job, so instead of pressing ok look up at the top and make sure yourself its going to the right place, i hope this made some sense lol

johnny scooter wrote:

Hi lads i got my first upload up, the problem for me was i did not save the torrent file to the right folder, this is the last step of job, so instead of pressing ok look up at the top and make sure yourself its going to the right place, i hope this made some sense lol

proper advice

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

nice one ick

i have one stupid  question,can somebody can tell me what settings need to put via  Utorrent ,when make torrent.I will  upload pic of what i make,but i think there somethign wrong.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g94/troskot/punkoiska%20%20torrent_zpsi6osqwwh.jpg

before few years when this forum starts i never have  problems with upload torrent,but next time when forum was upgraded i can't upload torrent.

34 (edited by imazombie 2015-11-23 17:15:51)

everything looks good. im guessing your having problems at step 6.

6.   Now you need to click on the "download this torrent file" option and download the file back to yourself sort of. When you click on the link, it should automatically take you to your torrent client, when asked where you would like to save the torrent, select the exact same location as to where you saved the actual torrent file. This is important. When you find the location click save, this will then start checking the torrent file, if done correctly the file should check through to 100% in a few seconds (depending on the size of the torrent)

seriously, i fuck this up often.

edit: looks like you did everything right. your torrent it up and currently seeding.

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

it all looks good, except that you need to uncheck "Start seeding"

From the wreckage of humiliation
I got my self respect
I pulled myself together
What the hell did you expect

36 (edited by Ulumaika808 2016-01-02 19:06:02)

Awesome tutorial.

One problem I'm running in to is after this sites URL in the trackers updates, I get an error saying something like "Failure. No scrape." something like that. Why doesn't it keep working?

Ulumaika808 wrote:

Awesome tutorial.

One problem I'm running in to is after this sites URL in the trackers updates, I get an error saying something like "Failure. No scrape." something like that. Why doesn't it keep working?

I could be off, but if I recall correctly, if you right click on the torrent in utorrent, click properties, it opens a window that shows the tracker in a big box. The one you need is the one that contains the numeric passkey. The one that just says
"http://punkoiska.com/extensions/fancy_t … nounce.php"
you can delete, that is what makes it do that.
You dont have to do anything, thats only if it bothers you

If that is not the case, Im not sure right offhand, but that is not my area of expertise

38 (edited by Ulumaika808 2016-01-03 19:19:52)

I figured it out, I think. Can you do me a favor and try to download my album? It's Death Before Dishonor - Count Me In under punk torrents.

One more thing, can you explain how to add a picture to the post? When I click "add photo" icon,  the two image icons pop up with the cursor in the middle. I tried pasting a link to a photo there but nothing happened.

Any help please.

Ulumaika808 wrote:

One more thing, can you explain how to add a picture to the post? When I click "add photo" icon,  the two image icons pop up with the cursor in the middle. I tried pasting a link to a photo there but nothing happened.

Any help please.

the image you are pasting in needs to be open in your browser.so what ever page you are viewing the image on,click on image and open in new tab .then paste that link into the image icons....be warned for some reason on here I always have to manually click my cursor back inbetween the image icons

thanks lizard. I guess I shouldn't have tried to do this hungover, hahaha.

But thanks a bunch for all of the help. I will be sharing much more music in days to come.

couldn´t do it :´(

Hey guys,
I'm new to uploading torrents and having some trouble. I apologize off the bat if this has been answered and I missed it somewhere...

I'm using Transmission on a Mac and once I have my torrent file created I'm getting an error saying "Tracker returned error: Invalid passkey". How do I fix this and start seeding?

Like I said, I'm new at this and trying to give back. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

gibbs8d6 wrote:

Hey guys,
I'm new to uploading torrents and having some trouble. I apologize off the bat if this has been answered and I missed it somewhere...

I'm using Transmission on a Mac and once I have my torrent file created I'm getting an error saying "Tracker returned error: Invalid passkey". How do I fix this and start seeding?

Like I said, I'm new at this and trying to give back. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Ick McWang wrote:

I could be off, but if I recall correctly, if you right click on the torrent in utorrent, click properties, it opens a window that shows the tracker in a big box. The one you need is the one that contains the numeric passkey. The one that just says
"http://punkoiska.com/extensions/fancy_t … nounce.php"
you can delete, that is what makes it do that.
You dont have to do anything, thats only if it bothers you

If that is not the case, Im not sure right offhand, but that is not my area of expertise

Norwood wrote:

Id thought i would make a 'hopefully' simple how to upload thing. Well how i do it anyway, feel free to correct me if im wrong anyone, or if there are better ways to do it. Im not very good at this and i learnt through trial and error, so hopefully this is pretty easy to understand coming from someone who has basically no torrent knowledge at all and doesn't understand all the fancy stuff.

Create a separate folder somewhere on your computer that with the files in it that you want to upload, say for instance an album, Place all the songs in this folder plus whatever else needs to be in there, album covers, album info etc etc.

Open up your torrent client, (uTorrent in my case) and click on create new torrent from the file menu.
http://imageshack.us/a/img854/5357/s26v.png

Click on directories and select the folder with your saved all the files, if you uploading a discography, then there might be a folder with artist name, then sub folders with albums names then each album would obviously have all the files in that folder.
Ensure the tracker properties has the POS tracker in there, as shown in the picture and from underneath the header at the top of the forum page-

http://punkoiska.com/extensions/fancy_t … nounce.php

Ensure "start seeding" is unchecked and "Private torrent" is checked.
Click on "create and save as" the green bar at the bottom of the box will load across and then you will get a pop up box asking where to save, ensure you save in the same place where all your filess are saved. For one album, save the torrent in the folder with all the files/songs. If you were uploading multiple albums save the file under the first folder where all the subfolders are listed. Hopefully that makes sense.
http://imageshack.us/a/img14/1329/1w72.png

When you have done that, click save. Then you will be left with the "create new torrent box still up, you can close this now.
Go to whatever forum on the site that your upload fits into, and create a new post. Ensure to name your torrent with

Artist Name - Album Name (Year/Format/Bitrate)

just to make it easy for everyone to see what you have uploaded. When you have created the heading, post some info (i dont know how to do the NFO stuff) about your upload, like a tracklist and maybe a photo of the album cover. Include any other relevant info in the body of the text.

Now click on "choose file" and find where you saved the torrent file, It will have the little green uTorrent symbol next to it, and finish with .torrent
Select the file and click open. Now when everything is right and the file is there, click on the submit post button. Now the important part.

Now you need to click on the "download this torrent file" option and download the file back to yourself sort of.

http://imageshack.us/a/img843/8959/8fco.png

When you click on the link, it should automatically take you to your torrent client, when asked where you would like to save the torrent, select the exact same location as to where you saved the actual torrent file. This is important. When you find the location click save, this will then start checking the torrent file, if done correctly the file should check through to 100% in a few seconds (depending on the size of the torrent)
Once 100% is reached the file should start seeding and you have now created a torrent.

Hope this helps a little bit, i know its hard when starting out, and im no master, and i probably wont be able to answer many questions, but maybe this will help 1 or 2.

Isn't there a photo tutorial on the site somewhere? If so, please send me the link. I have a lot more to share.

Thanks

uTorrent app doesn't seem to have a "create torrent" option. Is this only available on desktop?