Topic: punk rock and PC culture

maybe im getting old and just more angry but when the fuck did the punk scene get invaded by PC /SJW crowd.  i went to see not scientists and masked intruder last night.  it was in some random college townies out in the boonies in NW illinois. good place to see a punk show been/played there a bunch. show was awesome but lacked an energetic crowd. i was feeling somber after the passing of brandon and what better way then jumping around like a fool at a pop punk show.  expect the PC police wouldnt let us.  i was assualted for trying to jump around at a punk show.  i was screamed at by the blue haired whale that i need to, "back the fuck off you cis gendered scum" that i was invading her "safe space" and if i didnt stop, she was gonna "stab me in the fucking face".  i laughed and gave her a bump and kept on bouncing.

that was when her boyfriend shoved me so im like fuck yeah this guy gets it. just having fun. nope. when i shoved back he got me in a head lock and sorta hip tossed me. whatever. i try to ignore him and keep jumping around but i was grabbed by 3 lovely white knights telling me i needed to stop because i was, "upsetting her"  me jumping up and down was upsetting because someone might bump into her massive safe space dead front center of the crowd in a tiny floor space. i pretty much just laughed it all off and continued to do my thing with everyone else.

idk this is more of a rant i guess but its something ive noticed in the punk scene and it bothersome to me that this new wave pc culture mixed with punk. something i also thought as anti pc.  was wondering what others thought.  i put this in serious discussions cause i am hopping it can lead to some interesting dialogue. i feel this place is more open minded to possibly dissenting opinions then the hivemind that is /r/punk.

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

Re: punk rock and PC culture

First off what the hell is /r/punk?
And secondly we pretty much bring it upon oursleves in my opinion in the way we listen too and practice punk in general nowadays.
By this i mean the internet when i was growining up i didnt have the internet i didnt have a peer group intrested in punk nor do i now, i am now and always will be one in a crowd of many, i do not fit in with either the PUNK crowd of old or the PCpunk of today i just live and do what feels right to me and it just so happens that my views and musical tastes align with many of those that label themselves with the moniker punk.(my ideology in itself is probably part of the problem you speak of)
So my point is this we opened the doors many years ago to the general public and courted controversy in the media and with "normal" people alike when the underground becomes mainstream and accepted it will by the very nature of the beast loose it's credibility and therefore it's individualty. we are essentially now PG entertainment at best 77 didn't work, nothing changed, The establishment won and is winning still even more so in my opinion while we sit back and watch it happen (myself very much included) so when you take away every bit of danger every bit of mistery and dilute the original purpose of a movement to such an extent that it basically adds up to wearing the same individual uniform as punks 1 2 and 3 and thinking the same thoughts as punks 4 5 and 6 what the hell else can we expect to happen?
Old punks don't die they just stop beliveing the world will change they stop spreading the message or just forget what it meant in the first place and those coming up(barring a few who listen and are willing to learn) will only cherry pick the parts they choose without ever having to bear the burden or responsibility that punk should include if you take it as a whole.....damn i'm morose tonight..no more beer for me.

Re: punk rock and PC culture

Howling wrote:

First off what the hell is /r/punk?

its a reddit thread about punk and punk stuff

And secondly we pretty much bring it upon oursleves in my opinion in the way we listen too and practice punk in general nowadays.
By this i mean the internet when i was growining up i didnt have the internet i didnt have a peer group intrested in punk nor do i now, i am now and always will be one in a crowd of many, i do not fit in with either the PUNK crowd of old or the PCpunk of today i just live and do what feels right to me and it just so happens that my views and musical tastes align with many of those that label themselves with the moniker punk.(my ideology in itself is probably part of the problem you speak of)
So my point is this we opened the doors many years ago to the general public and courted controversy in the media and with "normal" people alike when the underground becomes mainstream and accepted it will by the very nature of the beast loose it's credibility and therefore it's individualty. we are essentially now PG entertainment at best 77 didn't work, nothing changed, The establishment won and is winning still even more so in my opinion while we sit back and watch it happen (myself very much included) so when you take away every bit of danger every bit of mistery and dilute the original purpose of a movement to such an extent that it basically adds up to wearing the same individual uniform as punks 1 2 and 3 and thinking the same thoughts as punks 4 5 and 6 what the hell else can we expect to happen?
Old punks don't die they just stop beliveing the world will change they stop spreading the message or just forget what it meant in the first place and those coming up(barring a few who listen and are willing to learn) will only cherry pick the parts they choose without ever having to bear the burden or responsibility that punk should include if you take it as a whole.....damn i'm morose tonight..no more beer for me.

Most of the shows my daughter (and me, if i feel like it) go to now have security to really deter moshing, stage jumping, etc. Jannus Live (used to be jannus landing) in St. Pete used to be a big venue where you could mosh and circle pit. Now they have a big barricade putting ten feet between the barricade and the stage, with several security in that area. No one gets to the stage without the band telling security to let a certain person up for a pre-scripted gimmick, like its this guysbirthday so he is gonna get to play guitar for this song, or whatnot. The barricades remind me of footage from the big Euro festivals where even the front row is twenty feet of barricades away from the stage

Its the lawsuit happy environment- its the clubs fault because you went to a punk/metal show and got hurt moshing? Its more cost effective to hire security and not allow physical dancing than to pay out on a lawsuit when some drunk dipshit breaks his neck jumping from the stage and no one catches him

There also are a lot more females going to shows than when I was younger, talking 20 years ago, and there is a big "protect the girls" mentality now in the pits Ive been in. Fuck that, don't come in the pit if you cant hang, you can stand on the outside and see what you are getting into. But no, these girls arrive two hours before the doors open, and get right up front and center, and then expect everyone to play nice and "respect their space". One thing I know doesn't happen as much now, is when a girl would come in the pit and could hold her own, she gained respect from the guys and THEN they would watch out for her. Not, hey Im a girl in the pit and all of you need to stop moshing so I can watch the show and not get hurt.

Only places local I see real old school shows at are the dive bars, venues that only hold a couple hundred people max.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Re: punk rock and PC culture

there arent any punk shows around my area, but we get some decent metal acts and we still end up with a big, sweaty, stinky violent mosh pit. slipknot and lamb of god in vancouver had a decent circle pit going on. That show even had a coupe girls in the pit and they were definitely holding there own with no special proctetion from anyone else. Ive never been slammed by a girl so hard in my life lol. I wasnt around for the old school, and it probably wont ever come back but for todays standards there is a pretty good scene. Some of it might be where i live too, PC is not popular around here, we are pretty much the stereotypical redneck hillbilly types

PM Me if You Need A Reseed on Anything I Downloaded or Uploaded

Re: punk rock and PC culture

maverick wrote:

there arent any punk shows around my area, but we get some decent metal acts and we still end up with a big, sweaty, stinky violent mosh pit. slipknot and lamb of god in vancouver had a decent circle pit going on. That show even had a coupe girls in the pit and they were definitely holding there own with no special proctetion from anyone else. Ive never been slammed by a girl so hard in my life lol. I wasnt around for the old school, and it probably wont ever come back but for todays standards there is a pretty good scene. Some of it might be where i live too, PC is not popular around here, we are pretty much the stereotypical redneck hillbilly types


where im at its mixed  the older gents vastly outnumber the younger ones.  its why i hate going to all ages shows and i guess i should have known better.  i just dont understand kids today how they  all feel like they are entitled special little snowflakes. 

Ick McWang wrote:

There also are a lot more females going to shows than when I was younger, talking 20 years ago, and there is a big "protect the girls" mentality now in the pits Ive been in. Fuck that, don't come in the pit if you cant hang, you can stand on the outside and see what you are getting into. But no, these girls arrive two hours before the doors open, and get right up front and center, and then expect everyone to play nice and "respect their space". One thing I know doesn't happen as much now, is when a girl would come in the pit and could hold her own, she gained respect from the guys and THEN they would watch out for her. Not, hey Im a girl in the pit and all of you need to stop moshing so I can watch the show and not get hurt.

Only places local I see real old school shows at are the dive bars, venues that only hold a couple hundred people max.

this was my mistake. i went to an all ages show. in a college town. infact i only ever seem to have this problem at all ages. and its usually always as youve described.  just when did this happen? im not that old and im 27 and i never remember it being like that when i first started going to shows almost 15 years ago.

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

Re: punk rock and PC culture

I'm not sure that not wanting someone to bounce all over you is actually being PC, but for me, if you're at the front at a gig that's what the front is for so go for it, the non-dancers should respectfully move aside and let you get on with it.
I've been stood at the back with arseholes jumping all over the place next to me when there's a perfectly good pit happening at the front, had half a pint knocked out of my hand and responded in pretty much the same way you were treated.
That being said, I don't go to all ages gigs, if I lose my shit over half a pint I'd make sure any fucker clattering my kid wouldn't be dancing for a good while afterwards.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Re: punk rock and PC culture

imazombie wrote:
maverick wrote:

there arent any punk shows around my area, but we get some decent metal acts and we still end up with a big, sweaty, stinky violent mosh pit. slipknot and lamb of god in vancouver had a decent circle pit going on. That show even had a coupe girls in the pit and they were definitely holding there own with no special proctetion from anyone else. Ive never been slammed by a girl so hard in my life lol. I wasnt around for the old school, and it probably wont ever come back but for todays standards there is a pretty good scene. Some of it might be where i live too, PC is not popular around here, we are pretty much the stereotypical redneck hillbilly types


where im at its mixed  the older gents vastly outnumber the younger ones.  its why i hate going to all ages shows and i guess i should have known better.  i just dont understand kids today how they  all feel like they are entitled special little snowflakes. 

Ick McWang wrote:

There also are a lot more females going to shows than when I was younger, talking 20 years ago, and there is a big "protect the girls" mentality now in the pits Ive been in. Fuck that, don't come in the pit if you cant hang, you can stand on the outside and see what you are getting into. But no, these girls arrive two hours before the doors open, and get right up front and center, and then expect everyone to play nice and "respect their space". One thing I know doesn't happen as much now, is when a girl would come in the pit and could hold her own, she gained respect from the guys and THEN they would watch out for her. Not, hey Im a girl in the pit and all of you need to stop moshing so I can watch the show and not get hurt.

Only places local I see real old school shows at are the dive bars, venues that only hold a couple hundred people max.

this was my mistake. i went to an all ages show. in a college town. infact i only ever seem to have this problem at all ages. and its usually always as youve described.  just when did this happen? im not that old and im 27 and i never remember it being like that when i first started going to shows almost 15 years ago.

Not always at all ages shows, but definitely shows where the band is a hot band with the 14-19 year olds. She has recently been to or about to go to Neck Deep (her favorite, twice) Knucklepuck, The Front Bottoms, Have Mercy, The Wonder Years w/ Motion City Soundtrack, and Modern Baseball. All of which are huge with her girlfriends and such. And they all go to the show 2 hours before the doors open to hopefully meet the band, hell last show they went to was Saturday, Knucklepuck, and I guess she promised them she would buy them McDonalds on twitter, so now these girls are buying the band food 2 hours before the show. Jesus.

BUT....

She knows whats up in the pit. If you cant keep up, get out. And if its a hardcore show, if you aren't sure, start out in the back and see how violent it gets, dont stand at the front of the barricade and end up getting trampled. I mean, as a parent, if you can't teach your kid proper mosh pit etiquette, then just what, exactly, ARE you teaching your kids?

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

8 (edited by ℊnat 2015-11-10 23:42:14)

Re: punk rock and PC culture

The PC bullshit kills me (in all arenas, not just punk)....but I haven't personally noticed it creeping into punk shows in my area...yet. Any girl I've ever gone to a show with could sure as hell take care of herself. And really, I've not been to many all age shows so I haven't had to deal with that either.  What Guana said has been how I've always handled it... If you get close to the stage, you might as well get ready cause you're gonna be jumped on, danced on, pushed, bumped into, etc. If you want to stand and bop your head go toward the back. So...idk... its kinda common knowledge the places I go to so I've never really had any incidents.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: punk rock and PC culture

Whhhhat the fuck was i drinking last night? And more so what point was i trying to make?



I do not know.

Oh and i was gonna ask what reddit is but i googled it.
Don't get it and as always i'm happy in my ignorance lol.

Re: punk rock and PC culture

gnat wrote:

The PC bullshit kills me (in all arenas, not just punk)....but I haven't personally noticed it creeping into punk shows in my area...yet. Any girl I've ever gone to a show with could sure as hell take care of herself. And really, I've not been to many all age shows so I haven't had to deal with that either.  What Guana said has been how I've always handled it... If you get close to the stage, you might as well get ready cause you're gonna be jumped on, danced on, pushed, bumped into, etc. If you want to stand and bop your head go toward the back. So...idk... its kinda common knowledge the places I go to so I've never really had any incidents.


ive been seeing it at certain shows around my parts.  the folk punk scene is filled with these nuts. a lot of post hardcore bands too.  one of my favorite bands is la dispute and they bring in tons of them. its how i handled it as well. hell i usually like to be on of those on the rails right up front. i know what the expect. i deal with it. it just blew my mind it happened at a fucking pop punk show.  it also blew my mind to be called a "cis gendered scum" because i was jumping around. mind you i wasnt even the only person doing it.  it also blew me away that i was treated like i was in the wrong. like i was some terrible evil man for daring to try to have fun at a punk show.

Howling wrote:

Whhhhat the fuck was i drinking last night? And more so what point was i trying to make?


I do not know.

Oh and i was gonna ask what reddit is but i googled it.
Don't get it and as always i'm happy in my ignorance lol

honestly howling i envy you to be in ignorance.  its hard to put up with the amount of stupid shit americans get there panties in a knot about.

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

Re: punk rock and PC culture

Ick McWang wrote:

Not always at all ages shows, but definitely shows where the band is a hot band with the 14-19 year olds. She has recently been to or about to go to Neck Deep (her favorite, twice) Knucklepuck, The Front Bottoms, Have Mercy, The Wonder Years w/ Motion City Soundtrack, and Modern Baseball. All of which are huge with her girlfriends and such. And they all go to the show 2 hours before the doors open to hopefully meet the band, hell last show they went to was Saturday, Knucklepuck, and I guess she promised them she would buy them McDonalds on twitter, so now these girls are buying the band food 2 hours before the show. Jesus.

BUT....

She knows whats up in the pit. If you cant keep up, get out. And if its a hardcore show, if you aren't sure, start out in the back and see how violent it gets, dont stand at the front of the barricade and end up getting trampled. I mean, as a parent, if you can't teach your kid proper mosh pit etiquette, then just what, exactly, ARE you teaching your kids?


a friend of mines god daughter is about 16/17 and weve been taking her to shows like those you mention.  those are fun shows and those pits can get crazy.  but she doesnt act like an entitled princess whom needs her space. she knows what shes getting into at anyshow as should anyone.  but you are right. depends on the bands. shit im not even hating on the fact they waited 2 hours in the cold to be front row. thats some dedication.

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

Re: punk rock and PC culture

You guys haven't seen anything until you come to Pittsburgh.
The scene here is so exclusive it's confounding.
Especially at folk-punk and hardcore/post-hardcore shows.

Usually, however, basement/house shows are immune to this bullshit.

I regularly check myself at shows though.
Am I being a cunt?
Yes/No?
If so, then I fucking quit it.

If some other cunt's impositions are, WITHOUT A QUESTION ridiculous, then fuck off.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Re: punk rock and PC culture

I agree with guana that the front of any concert is for jumping around and dancing,everyone has a choice when they go to gigs,some like to dance and others like to stand and watch the bands,if you want to watch the bands you stand at the sides or at the back so you don't get knocked about now if some dick starts knocking into you when your at the sides or the back you have the right to complain and even give them a slap for being a dick but you  just cant expect to stand at the front of a punk or metal gig and not get bumped into and if you expect special treatment then your way out of order, im 45 and I remember what it was like back in the day,some of t he gigs we went to in the early days now im talking the early 80's were very violent  but you just got on with it and enjoyed it,if you had looked for special treatment back then youd have got your head kicked in for being a pussy

Re: punk rock and PC culture

addicted wrote:

You guys haven't seen anything until you come to Pittsburgh.
The scene here is so exclusive it's confounding.
Especially at folk-punk and hardcore/post-hardcore shows.

Usually, however, basement/house shows are immune to this bullshit.

I regularly check myself at shows though.
Am I being a cunt?
Yes/No?
If so, then I fucking quit it.

If some other cunt's impositions are, WITHOUT A QUESTION ridiculous, then fuck off.


lived in monessen for 2 years. going to shows in pittsburgh were dreadful.

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

Re: punk rock and PC culture

imazombie wrote:
addicted wrote:

You guys haven't seen anything until you come to Pittsburgh.
The scene here is so exclusive it's confounding.
Especially at folk-punk and hardcore/post-hardcore shows.

Usually, however, basement/house shows are immune to this bullshit.

I regularly check myself at shows though.
Am I being a cunt?
Yes/No?
If so, then I fucking quit it.

If some other cunt's impositions are, WITHOUT A QUESTION ridiculous, then fuck off.


lived in monessen for 2 years. going to shows in pittsburgh were dreadful.

Grew up on the mon, bro. Haha! Nice to meet ya!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Re: punk rock and PC culture

addicted wrote:
imazombie wrote:
addicted wrote:

You guys haven't seen anything until you come to Pittsburgh.
The scene here is so exclusive it's confounding.
Especially at folk-punk and hardcore/post-hardcore shows.

Usually, however, basement/house shows are immune to this bullshit.

I regularly check myself at shows though.
Am I being a cunt?
Yes/No?
If so, then I fucking quit it.

If some other cunt's impositions are, WITHOUT A QUESTION ridiculous, then fuck off.


lived in monessen for 2 years. going to shows in pittsburgh were dreadful.

Grew up on the mon, bro. Haha! Nice to meet ya!

right on!  lived and went to school in monessen 2010-2012.  western pa left a bad stain in my life.  not sure if ill ever go back.  is everywhere rundown and abandon in the mon valley?  i do mis sheetz though. sheetz was my shit.

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

Re: punk rock and PC culture

Yes, the mid-mon valley is all a shit hole.

I lived in Clairton, Glassport, Elrama, and Donora throughout my life.
All the same poor, run-down, working-class neighborhoods with a drug/gang problem.
Just glad my ma never moved us to Mckeesport as a kid.
First place I was ever robbed at gunpoint was in Monessen. Lol.

I was living in Donora around then, if you partied out there or went to Pgh or Cal/Coal Center shows, we might've met.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Re: punk rock and PC culture

shit man. small world

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

Re: punk rock and PC culture

imazombie wrote:

ive been seeing it at certain shows around my parts.  the folk punk scene is filled with these nuts. a lot of post hardcore bands too.

Yeah, these are the two subgenres or whatever you want to call them in the punk scene that seem to have that going on. Almost every folk punk type of show I go to is a bunch of beard-o's who make it like they cannot react to the music, like its punk as fuck to stand like a statue and maybe nod your head. What is this, Happy Days 1950's bullshit?

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Re: punk rock and PC culture

imazombie wrote:

it was in some random college townies out in the boonies in NW illinois. good place to see a punk show been/played there a bunch. show was awesome but lacked an energetic crowd. i was feeling somber after the passing of brandon and what better way then jumping around like a fool at a pop punk show.  expect the PC police wouldnt let us.  i was assualted for trying to jump around at a punk show.  i was screamed at by the blue haired whale that i need to, "back the fuck off you cis gendered scum" that i was invading her "safe space" and if i didnt stop, she was gonna "stab me in the fucking face".  i laughed and gave her a bump and kept on bouncing.

I'm gonna take a guess that you were in Dekalb? If so, she was probably a student at Northern Illinois who wanted to use all the big words Woman & Gender Studies 101 taught her. Also, i fucking hate words like cisgender. All it seems to do is give people a superiority complex, i.e. "you're a straight white male from a non-impoverished background, your entire life is easy and you will never understand how oppressed I am" I've gotten that vibe from WAY too many people. Especially in the past 6 months to a year. Its judgmental as fuck. I'll admit there's forms of oppression I will never have to deal with nor could I truly comprehend what its like to be subjected to it. I've dealt with problems that "blue haired whale" could not possibly comprehend and vice-versa. Its a fucking waste of time to parade around talking about who has life harder or whose more oppressed. All it does is reinforce the beliefs that divide and segregate us as humans. Many of the PC people in the world are very much guilty of this.

As far as the moshing side of things go. I'd argue that people who try and stop it or get offended by it are the politically incorrect ones. NOBODY has the right to go to a punk show and tell punks to rewrite their culture so they feel safer there. Punk is what it is and (as far as moshing goes) has been that way since it started. You have no right to change a culture that has existed since before you were born. Go somewhere else if you don't like it.

Funny personal story on this topic. I was at a Flogging Molly show and got pushed out of the pit and slid into a girl who was standing next to the pit. She grabs my neck and digs in with her finger nails and yells "we don't want you here" and pushes me. Two feet away I get bumped by a big fat guy and pushed right back into her. She starts screaming at me again and her boyfriend started yelling too. I threw them both in the pit and pushed my way up to the barricade and didnt see them for the rest of the show. It blows my mind people go to these shows not expecting this stuff.

Ick McWang wrote:

Not always at all ages shows, but definitely shows where the band is a hot band with the 14-19 year olds. She has recently been to or about to go to Neck Deep (her favorite, twice) Knucklepuck, The Front Bottoms, Have Mercy, The Wonder Years w/ Motion City Soundtrack, and Modern Baseball. All of which are huge with her girlfriends and such. And they all go to the show 2 hours before the doors open to hopefully meet the band, hell last show they went to was Saturday, Knucklepuck, and I guess she promised them she would buy them McDonalds on twitter, so now these girls are buying the band food 2 hours before the show. Jesus.

One of the bright spots of this newer scene is that the ratio of guys to girls is fairly even and when things get rowdy the girls hold their own in the pit. Plus i've never noticed a PC vibe at these shows. Its just people enjoying themselves not giving a fuck about labels or bumping into the wrong person.

"I pop punk, not pills"

21

Re: punk rock and PC culture

is PC politically correct? otherwise i know fuck all of what you are talking about.

Guy puts me in a headlock at a show. i am punching him straight in the face. Not too sound tough that would be my first reaction. I have never had any of that happen to me. but it is not fucking cool. now if you are moshing and push me, elbow me, hit me that's fine. Your elbow makes my noise bleed and your drunk off your ass enjoying the show that's fine. But if you grab me and get me into a headlock for no  good reason get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

same goes for people being lame at shows. get the fuck out of the pit if you don't want to get bumped. It's like these people just grew up from out of a rock.

Also i my buddy brought me to a modern baseball show recently and well granted I can't get into them. Little too soft for me but Holy shit. I have never seen so many  flannel wearing bearded hipster pricks in one. so maybe these new bands are the culprit they seem to be merging punk styles and indie styles and god knows what else.

bands like the menzingers, pup, modern baseball, street smith band, rvivr, i mean i like some of these bands but i dunno..


now if you are talking about people being politically correct well that shit is getting on my last nerves. it is creating a society full of absolute pussies. I can no longer say half of the shit I was able to say ten years ago without upsetting a majority of the people in these rooms.

Re: punk rock and PC culture

yb wrote:

is PC politically correct? otherwise i know fuck all of what you are talking about.

Guy puts me in a headlock at a show. i am punching him straight in the face. Not too sound tough that would be my first reaction. I have never had any of that happen to me. but it is not fucking cool. now if you are moshing and push me, elbow me, hit me that's fine. Your elbow makes my noise bleed and your drunk off your ass enjoying the show that's fine. But if you grab me and get me into a headlock for no  good reason get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

same goes for people being lame at shows. get the fuck out of the pit if you don't want to get bumped. It's like these people just grew up from out of a rock.

Also i my buddy brought me to a modern baseball show recently and well granted I can't get into them. Little too soft for me but Holy shit. I have never seen so many  flannel wearing bearded hipster pricks in one. so maybe these new bands are the culprit they seem to be merging punk styles and indie styles and god knows what else.

bands like the menzingers, pup, modern baseball, street smith band, rvivr, i mean i like some of these bands but i dunno..


now if you are talking about people being politically correct well that shit is getting on my last nerves. it is creating a society full of absolute pussies. I can no longer say half of the shit I was able to say ten years ago without upsetting a majority of the people in these rooms.

i cant disagree, for the most part. Menzingers are one of my favorite modern bands but even their shows are becoming more like an indie show than a punk show. Bunch of Beard-o's acting superior and shit

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Re: punk rock and PC culture

yb wrote:

is PC politically correct? otherwise i know fuck all of what you are talking about.


Also i my buddy brought me to a modern baseball show recently and well granted I can't get into them. Little too soft for me but Holy shit. I have never seen so many  flannel wearing bearded hipster pricks in one. so maybe these new bands are the culprit they seem to be merging punk styles and indie styles and god knows what else.

When seeing Four Year Strong (probably the punkest sounding band of this newer scene we're discussing) last year I made the mistake of wearing a flannel and I literally matched the entire crowd. It was a weird form of accidental conformity i'd rather not be a part of again.

"I pop punk, not pills"

Re: punk rock and PC culture

chisox100 wrote:

....weird form of accidental conformity....

That is my next bands name. I copyright this shit here and now,

Accidental Conformity

Perfect punk band name

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif
Thanks: chisox1001

Re: punk rock and PC culture

Can someone explain to my dumbass what a "cis male" is?
Heard the term chucked around a lot recently!