Topic: TV Shows

So I watched the finale of dexter last night. It left me feeling pretty shit, I mean here is one of what has been one of my favourite tv shows and the end left me feeling how I probably leave most girls after sex. Unsatisfied and shit. It was a disaster, they left minor plot things open? The acting was below average. It seemed like the actors just wanted to get it over and finished with. I don't want to say to much without giving out any spoilers, but did anyone else watch it? And what were your thoughts.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Re: TV Shows

I felt sick. Dexter is my favorite show, but far from the best start to finish. I hated the place they took the show, but at the same time, I hate even more that they completely compromised everything they did (in terms of.. SPOILER from now on...) giving Dexter feelings. He's a serial killer. We don't need warm fuzzy feelings of happily ever after, no matter how "good" his killings are. And, yet, despite them gearing the show for two seasons to that happily ever after feeling, we don't get it. And he's a fucking lumberjack? He dumps his sister's body the same place he dumped all the bodies of the people he killed? Are you kidding me?

It's a joke. Everyone involved should be ashamed they were involved. Really. I wish I hadn't watched it.

Re: TV Shows

Spoilers-

Yea and what about vinces daughter? What happened there? This whole season has just been a shambles. They built all this hype up about Saxon, and vogal and everything, and it all sort of came to an end rather pathetically. A pen? Faaark, and Batista and Quinn didn't see him suddenly pretend to go weak at the knees after he killed Saxon in the video. That was the worst episode of dexter. Let alone the worst finale ever. I feel so cheated.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Re: TV Shows

Yeah the finale was complete shit. Worst episode of the entire series. So glad i wasted 8 seasons for that. Fucking show should've ended with Trinity if ya ask me. Was all down hill from there.

Re: TV Shows

justanotherpunk wrote:

Fucking show should've ended with Trinity if ya ask me. Was all down hill from there.

Yea i ended up just watching for the point of it after trinity. it still had its moments, but it never got as good as those first few seasons again.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Re: TV Shows

I'm dragging this one from the dead (No, not the walking dead you silly goose) But anyone watch the blacklist? In ten episodes i think James Spader has shown it will be around for the next ten years! just re-issued for 22 more shows and after Alan Alada playing an evil mastermind on the last episode worth the time and effort. ( I'm drunk that's old news)

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Re: TV Shows

Isnt that show a lot like that kevin bacon show last year? The following?

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: TV Shows

Eh, the FBI is involved in both.  The difference is that in The Following they're hunting one man and his cult followers who have an obsession with Poe.  Bacon is your typical antihero, alcoholic who skirts the law to get shit done to find the antagonist.

The Blacklist is a turncoat turned bad guy who for reasons unknown gives himself up to the FBI to hunt down his own enemies.  In most episodes they're hunting down someone different.  It all seems to be for Red's (James Spader) own benefit. 

They are both standard procedurals with a twist.  The writing has been good for both thus far, but personally I think these shows get to be old hat after 3 to 5 seasons.  The Following better have an end game in sight already or it's going to be intolerable.  You can't have a show about hunting down one man that lasts forever.  They already made everyone but Joe Carroll and his crew a complete moron which got to be a little grating by the end of the season.

Re: TV Shows

it's already intolerable and not even the constant obvious references to Poe makes me want to watch it. I saw the pilot and was bored out of my mind by the end of it.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Re: TV Shows

I think they may of made like two references to poe so far. It's not my place to say what others find intolerable but i like it so there for it's fucking awesome!!! smile

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Re: TV Shows

Just started the Walking Dead.

4 episodes in, great so far!

"I tried to push him away with my head and I shouldn't have done that." - Alan Pardew

Re: TV Shows

Going to be starting hannibal here soon now that the b.l. is on break, Didn't get a chance to watch it yet. Also found a series download of the old t.m.n.t. show and sense there's no point in even going outside around here this time of year figured i'd go back through time.

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Re: TV Shows

Phoenix wrote:

Just started the Walking Dead.

4 episodes in, great so far!

4 episodes as in from the very beginning?! Shit son you got a lot of road to cover dont ya? Its nice to have that though and not have to wait week to week

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: TV Shows

u.s.c.b. wrote:

Going to be starting hannibal here soon now that the b.l. is on break, Didn't get a chance to watch it yet.

I thought I was going to hate hate hate Hannibal.  In middle school, my friends and I were all obsessed with the Thomas Harris books and all watched The Silence of the Lambs together for the first time.  My one friend's handle on yahoo was hannah_belle_lecter.  We went a little overboard.  Then I saw that Bryan Fuller (Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies) was doing it and knew I'd give it a try.  Totally glad I did.  The way that people die in it is just twisted.  Plus, Gillian Andersen is in it and I've been in love with her forever.  However, as someone who knows the characters and where they end up, this is another show that won't be able to last more than a few seasons unless they decide to continue after Hannibal is incarcerated.

Re: TV Shows

started watching boardwalk empire last week im already on season 4

Re: TV Shows

I was going to start a walking dead thread after the half season finale. But I was too fuckin upset to talk about it sad

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Re: TV Shows

Guana wrote:

I was going to start a walking dead thread after the half season finale. But I was too fuckin upset to talk about it sad

Ah shit. I still have two episodes on my dvr sad i dont wanna be sad

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

18 (edited by u.s.c.b. 2013-12-07 05:43:02)

Re: TV Shows

Cappy wrote:
u.s.c.b. wrote:

Going to be starting hannibal here soon now that the b.l. is on break, Didn't get a chance to watch it yet.

I thought I was going to hate hate hate Hannibal.  In middle school, my friends and I were all obsessed with the Thomas Harris books and all watched The Silence of the Lambs together for the first time.  My one friend's handle on yahoo was hannah_belle_lecter.  We went a little overboard.  Then I saw that Bryan Fuller (Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies) was doing it and knew I'd give it a try.  Totally glad I did.  The way that people die in it is just twisted.  Plus, Gillian Andersen is in it and I've been in love with her forever.  However, as someone who knows the characters and where they end up, this is another show that won't be able to last more than a few seasons unless they decide to continue after Hannibal is incarcerated.

I'll say I've enjoyed what I've seen so far, The highly intelligent mind Of the will graham character shining through with the Aspergers like symptoms really help push the dialog with Lector ( Seems to be a mutual respect battle of wits just like he had with Clarice in silence of the lambs) Laurence Fishburne does good in his role of middle man between the two. the only thing i have to complain about thus far is Grams "Macgyver" Like ability to spot everything in the first twenty seconds. ( Keep in mind i just started watching but I'll give it a 7/10 so far)

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Re: TV Shows

I'll agree with the you on the "Macgyver" stuff.  Most shows do that, but just wait until later in the season.  Things start going insane.  Also, I love how they made Hannibal this intense foodie.  The stuff he makes all looks fucking ridiculously delicious.

Re: TV Shows

gnat wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

Just started the Walking Dead.

4 episodes in, great so far!

4 episodes as in from the very beginning?! Shit son you got a lot of road to cover dont ya? Its nice to have that though and not have to wait week to week

Gonna watch 2-6 tonight. I appreciate not waiting weeks too!

Watched a lot of South Park this week too. All online on a Chinese site for nowt.

Sometimes living in China is great.

"I tried to push him away with my head and I shouldn't have done that." - Alan Pardew

Re: TV Shows

I DO however like sleepy hollow.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Re: TV Shows

gnat wrote:
Guana wrote:

I was going to start a walking dead thread after the half season finale. But I was too fuckin upset to talk about it sad

Ah shit. I still have two episodes on my dvr sad i dont wanna be sad

Get them watched!! (you too Phoenix)
We need to get some sort of support group going here sad

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Re: TV Shows

Guana wrote:
gnat wrote:
Guana wrote:

I was going to start a walking dead thread after the half season finale. But I was too fuckin upset to talk about it sad

Ah shit. I still have two episodes on my dvr sad i dont wanna be sad

Get them watched!! (you too Phoenix)
We need to get some sort of support group going here sad

I did and yes im sad now sad

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: TV Shows

gnat wrote:
Guana wrote:
gnat wrote:

Ah shit. I still have two episodes on my dvr sad i dont wanna be sad

Get them watched!! (you too Phoenix)
We need to get some sort of support group going here sad

I did and yes im sad now sad

Oh come here you.... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/therethere.gif

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Re: TV Shows

Ok.....I'm a but lost here. Are you guys sad because Hershel lost his head or because you thought the mid season finale sucked.
Personally I really liked it. Really sad I gotta wait till Feb for the next Ep but.

MY BOOTLEG DVD TRADE SITE
http://kimo13.webs.com/