26 (edited by Guana 2013-12-13 00:00:09)

Re: TV Shows

kimo wrote:

Ok.....I'm a but lost here. Are you guys sad because Hershel lost his head or because you thought the mid season finale sucked.
Personally I really liked it. Really sad I gotta wait till Feb for the next Ep but.


^ SPOILERS DUDE!!! mad
But, fuck it, while we're going down that route, yeah I was gutted about Hershel, the show's always had a cranky old cunt, Hershel was a good replacement for Dale, fuck knows who they'll get next.
I was gutted about the Governor too, the usual suspects really need a nemesis other than 10.000 walking corpses, and they'll have to go some to replace him. But the worst part had to be the empty blood soaked baby seat, dunno if Little Ass-Kicker made it or not, but the buckles were undone when Rick and Karl found it so hopefully all will turn out well.
Proper enjoying the series so far anyway, can't believe Daryl blew up the fuckin tank though, that might have come in handy in the second half of the season.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Re: TV Shows

Somebody with bloody hands took judith onto the bus most likely. They dont have the balls to kill an infant like that.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: TV Shows

Let's hope so, the undone buckles were the big clue, last time they found a blood soaked car seat (season 2 I think) the buckles were still fastened, I can barely work those fuckers so a zombie would struggle a bit I'm sure.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

29

Re: TV Shows

I would be very surprised if the baby is dead. Those girls are Carol trained and ready to do some serious business. Not bitch made like Carl, we saw an example of this when they shot the man and the women who were trying to kill Tyresse.
As for Hershel I saw that happening, and I actually told my co worker that I thought the governor would die. Every season seems to have a different theme and I feel like this season is going in a very weird direction. They have a crazed lunatic in the mix. Whoever it is, they are feeding zombies, doing some cult like shit with sacrificing dead animals and making a weird scene for everybody. Logic tells me this is not one of the kids because they are too small to be feeding the zombies rats at face level unless they are standing on top of each other or bring a chair out there.
Although from doing a Google there is a theory going around that Lizzie one of the kids was actually behind the murder and that Carol was covering up for them. This theory would be a stretch. Would Lizzie really have the ability, smarts to drag them over to that side of the Prison.
Needless to say Carol is coming back at some point. It might be this season or it might be three seasons down the road.

Re: TV Shows

Can't wait for resurrection to debut on abc finally. I find myself being a lot bigger sci-fan as i get older, Just watched all five seasons of quantum leap in the last two months (Season five really undid alot of hard work of the first four years with how dull and stupid it was..The series final was dumb as mud!) But res looks really cool and the preview i saw for it was downright eriee in the best of ways. Throw in Kurtwood Smith being on it and looks like abc might have a decent show i like for the first time in years.

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Re: TV Shows

Guana wrote:
kimo wrote:

Ok.....I'm a but lost here. Are you guys sad because Hershel lost his head or because you thought the mid season finale sucked.
Personally I really liked it. Really sad I gotta wait till Feb for the next Ep but.


^ SPOILERS DUDE!!! mad
But, fuck it, while we're going down that route, yeah I was gutted about Hershel, the show's always had a cranky old cunt, Hershel was a good replacement for Dale, fuck knows who they'll get next.
I was gutted about the Governor too, the usual suspects really need a nemesis other than 10.000 walking corpses, and they'll have to go some to replace him. But the worst part had to be the empty blood soaked baby seat, dunno if Little Ass-Kicker made it or not, but the buckles were undone when Rick and Karl found it so hopefully all will turn out well.
Proper enjoying the series so far anyway, can't believe Daryl blew up the fuckin tank though, that might have come in handy in the second half of the season.

I stopped reading this thread til I caught up big_smile

The mid-season finale was some seriously disturbing shit...I'm really looking forward to seeing where they take it next - there's got to be yet more people doing wacky shit out there for them to meet. People were telling me it had lost it's way by Series 4 but it's been much better than 3 so far IMO.

Carol will be back, and I reckon ass-kicker lives.

"I tried to push him away with my head and I shouldn't have done that." - Alan Pardew

Re: TV Shows

Walking Dead is back on for those interested.
Just thought I'd make the announcement before some English senior citizen starts whining that no one told them.

MY BOOTLEG DVD TRADE SITE
http://kimo13.webs.com/

Re: TV Shows

kimo wrote:

Walking Dead is back on for those interested.
Just thought I'd make the announcement before some English senior citizen starts whining that no one told them.

lol, cheers mate, grabbed it but not watching it til tomorrow night, so no spoilers!!

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Re: TV Shows

i still don't get the hype of Walking Dead...couldn't make it more than 10 minutes then got bored. Could someone explain the allure of it all?

seriously, i'm curious.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Re: TV Shows

You mean 10 minutes through the very episode, or ten minutes through the one from last night?

Idk... Its one of those shows where its best moments rivals anything on television and its worst kinda makes you cringe. Its give and take. One thing for me is i feel invested in some of these characters who weve gotten to follow for so long. Seeing how society changes and the impact of all these different people facing basically the end of the world and constantly living in fear...

Plus the visual aspect, getting to see the make up, costumes, effects, etc. getting to watch the random ways people die and the gore.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: TV Shows

the first 10 minutes of the pilot episode. I don't necessarily hate the show since I haven't spent time watching the entire thing, but it's just boring to me.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Re: TV Shows

If you like a faster pace, you will like the show more and more as it goes on. More and more characters and plot lines start up and it gets much more complex I guess. I actually dont mind a slower pace and enjoy it whenever we get a "background" or "stand alone" type episode which are few and far between nowadays...

But I've yet to watch the newest episode as well... looks like Carl might have gotten another little growth spurt so he'll probably be repopulating soon...

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: TV Shows

Yeah, give it a go Betty, like Gnat said, the pace isn't constant but it's done so well that you won't care if it hits a slow bit.
So give it a watch and if you don't like it, watch it again and again til you do, then you can be part of the cool kid clique wink
Still not seen the new episode, my lad fucked off to bed early tonight so I'll wait til tomorrow and watch it with him then, it's kinda a father/son thing in our house.
Funnily enough I watched Stephen Kings The Mist again the other night, excellent film but not seen it for a while, was surprised to see Andrea, Dale and Carol all had roles.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

39 (edited by ℊnat 2014-02-12 03:52:49)

Re: TV Shows

I think they might be making Mist into a tv series guana. With the same director. Probably due to the ratings success of Under the Dome last summer.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ … s-20131130

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: TV Shows

gnat wrote:

I think they might be making Mist into a tv series guana. With the same director. Probably due to the ratings success of Under the Dome last summer.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ … s-20131130

That would be fuckin awesome, although with it only being one of his short stories to start with they'd have to use a fair bit of artistic license to stretch it into a 10 parter, if they do it right though, consult with King and concentrate more on the "Arrowhead Project" and Dark Tower connection side of things, I can see it being phenomenal.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Re: TV Shows

Guana wrote:

Yeah, give it a go Betty, like Gnat said, the pace isn't constant but it's done so well that you won't care if it hits a slow bit.
So give it a watch and if you don't like it, watch it again and again til you do, then you can be part of the cool kid clique wink
Still not seen the new episode, my lad fucked off to bed early tonight so I'll wait til tomorrow and watch it with him then, it's kinda a father/son thing in our house.
Funnily enough I watched Stephen Kings The Mist again the other night, excellent film but not seen it for a while, was surprised to see Andrea, Dale and Carol all had roles.

well i guess i shall give it another try then, you assholes haven't steered me wrong yet. Now that the GODDAMN olympics are monopolizing cable, nothing that i watch will be new for at least a week or two, which pisses me the FUCK off. I'm real excited about Boondocks and Bates Motel coming back....i STILL don't know why I watch bates motel, but i just like it. I don't really think it's that great of a prequel to psycho but i still like it.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

42

Re: TV Shows

Bettie. Bates is a cool show. Did not know the boondocks were coming back. Thanks

Re: TV Shows

yb wrote:

Bettie. Bates is a cool show. Did not know the boondocks were coming back. Thanks

Yeah it just took a while, since CN pisses of Aaron Mcgruder which i understand. I think he should try Comedy Central or FX since is so "persnickety". Honestly that channel has sucked for years. Boondocks is one of the very few reasons why I watch that channel at all. I'm anticipating a very touchy season.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Re: TV Shows

yb wrote:

Needless to say Carol is coming back at some point. It might be this season or it might be three seasons down the road.

I watch The Talking Dead, and one of the exec producers said that this season she was most excited about Carol's character growth, and I think this was after Rick kicked her out of the group, so I'm expecting some decent Carol time in the coming episodes.  They better goddamn well flesh out some of the female characters.  I still can't believe how much they veered from the comic for Andrea.  She was far and away the strongest character in the group. 

I'm curious to see where they go with the split, and how long people will be apart from each other.  I hope they had some kind of "in case of emergency or attack" rendezvous point, but it doesn't look like it so far.

And Bettie, you like Bates Motel because Vera Farmiga is just too good.

Re: TV Shows

Cappy wrote:
yb wrote:

Needless to say Carol is coming back at some point. It might be this season or it might be three seasons down the road.

I watch The Talking Dead, and one of the exec producers said that this season she was most excited about Carol's character growth, and I think this was after Rick kicked her out of the group, so I'm expecting some decent Carol time in the coming episodes.  They better goddamn well flesh out some of the female characters.  I still can't believe how much they veered from the comic for Andrea.  She was far and away the strongest character in the group.

I won't read the comics because I don't want to ruin anything about the show for myself, either the show will stay true to the plot and ruin any surprises for me or it will veer off in its own direction and piss me off.
Either way, I'm just sticking to the show.
But regarding Carol, I was rather hoping that now the Governor is out of the picture, that the network will want to replace him with another bad fucker, and IMO Carol has already started the slide in that direction, I'd like to see her come back and be a thorn in the side of the rest of the survivors, it'll teach Rick a lesson if nothing else.
Another possibility is she's already been back unseen and rescued 'lil asskicker during the half season finale, that would be an interesting development.
Enjoyed this episode anyway, looks like we're going to learn a bit more about Michone at last.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Re: TV Shows

I'm very happy about the adaptation so far.  I'm not one of those people who thinks that a TV show or movie has to stay 100% true to the book or comic it's adapted from.  Case in point, Daryl is one of the highlights of the show and was never in the comic.   I've found that they've tried to stay pretty close to the characters at their core, with the exceptions of Carol, who they improved upon immensely, and Andrea, who they turned into a shell of herself.  I think the actress played it as best as she could, but the writers didn't necessarily do justice to whatever it was they were trying to achieve.  It obviously didn't turn me away from the show, and I look forward to see what they do going forward.  I think though, overall, they have had a hard time writing women characters and have really tried to improve upon that this season.  I really like what they've done with Michonne and Carol this season.

Re: TV Shows

The walking dead video game is awesome as well. not the shitty fist person shooter, the story based game that is in several chapters on Steam and just started its second season

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Re: TV Shows

I finally only just watched the half season finale then. I've avoided this thread because of that reason. I was pretty impressed. I reckon ass kicker will be back for sure. The group will split for a couple of episode but the main ones will meet up surely? At least Darryl , Carrol and Rick anyway.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Re: TV Shows

Bates Motel is actually really good. Will probably binge the first season.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: TV Shows

gnat wrote:

Bates Motel is actually really good. Will probably binge the first season.

Oh yeah, i really like that show. The new season is about to start later this month.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"