Re: TV Shows

Well Almost Human ended tonight. I'm hoping for a season 2. Alot of people are hating on this show, but compared to all the other shows on right now(all the stupid singing talent shows and non-funny comedies), I think this show is pretty original, it's like a precursor to a bladerunner universe. Did you all watch it?

PunBB bbcode test

I didn't think it was too bad.  A cop procedure set in a mildy sci-fi universe.  Room for improvement, but better than watching shit like NCIS or SVU that have survived long past their expiration dates.  I felt like they just decided to add this stuff about "the wall" in the last few episodes.  As if the writers realized they might get picked up for another season, so they should sow the seeds of a future story arc.

Anyone up to date on walking dead? I thought these last two episodes were great especially the last one with daryl and beth.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Anyone watching True Detective? The best show on TV right now, and the season finale is next week

Rioux wrote:

Anyone watching True Detective? The best show on TV right now, and the season finale is next week

Yeah this show is definitely the best show on television right now, by far. Its up there with the all time great hbo series like the wire, oz, carnivale, etc. i think im on episode 6 so im a little behind you. Woody and Matthew are gems.

56 (edited by Bettie_Rage 2014-03-04 17:53:37)

Chelsea_Bound wrote:

Well Almost Human ended tonight. I'm hoping for a season 2. Alot of people are hating on this show, but compared to all the other shows on right now(all the stupid singing talent shows and non-funny comedies), I think this show is pretty original, it's like a precursor to a bladerunner universe. Did you all watch it?

I don't get why there is hate for this show. me and my dad loooove this show and watch it religiously, like Arrow. This other show Michael Ealy was on, Common Law, got cancelled to and that was a very good show. I stopped having any faith in cable stations because they're all half assed shades of retarded, ESPECIALLY fox and usa. I hope it comes back, but I don't expect much from fox. But the Following will stay on FOREVER and that show is boring as HELL. I watched the first episode and at the end wondered, where the fuck did that hour of my life just go?

I use to be a big NCIS fan, mainly for Abby, Gibbs, and Ducky...but then a few seasons back it seemed like either they got new writers, or their current writers were dope sick or something because the writing was just BAD. Then Ziva left and along with her went a chunk of the fan base. Now there's a blonde chick on there...and i hate blondes.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

I agree with you on NCIS.  My girlfriend got me watching it, and it has really gone downhill over the last few seasons.  Just boring and every other episode is them thwarting some horrific terrorist attack which just gets old.  We watch it more out of habit than anything else now, which is pretty sad. 

I think True Detective is killer.  A friend of mine said that it's inspired by author Thomas Ligotti's work.  I'm going to have to check him out.  I kind of half recognized the yellow king and carcosa references and am a sucker for delving into stuff I find from shows and movies.

Cappy wrote:

I agree with you on NCIS.  My girlfriend got me watching it, and it has really gone downhill over the last few seasons.  Just boring and every other episode is them thwarting some horrific terrorist attack which just gets old.  We watch it more out of habit than anything else now, which is pretty sad. 

I think True Detective is killer.  A friend of mine said that it's inspired by author Thomas Ligotti's work.  I'm going to have to check him out.  I kind of half recognized the yellow king and carcosa references and am a sucker for delving into stuff I find from shows and movies.

Yeah and the last 2 seasons primarily focused on Tony and/or the "tension" with Ziva. I was always screaming "OH MY GOD WOULD THEY JUST FUCK ALREADY!?!?!" so I stopped watching a WHILLE ago. And i never really liked Vance, my favorite director was always Jenny. Too much Tony makes you want to stick needles in your ear drums.

Yea when the first few seasons where coming out and i was a wee bit younger i loved NCIS, tony and kate and everything. Didnt mind the middle few seasons, but havent watched since season 7 or 8 now i dont think. Just got boring and same ole same ole.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Ditto here. I haven't watched NCIS for a few years now but didn't mind the old days with Kate. Always liked Abby and Gibbs, but Tony always annoyed the shit outta me. Inccidently, I don't know why but Gibbs always reminds me of Guana for some reason.

MY BOOTLEG DVD TRADE SITE
http://kimo13.webs.com/

kimo wrote:

Inccidently, I don't know why but Gibbs always reminds me of Guana for some reason.

Funny you said that, after I posted earlier I sorta thought the same thing. Didn't mention it because it was pretty absurd.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Shit, now I'm gonna have to watch the damn show to see if that was an insult or not sad

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

63 (edited by ℊnat 2014-03-08 13:02:41)

http://i.imgur.com/mh4dnkB.jpg

Mmmm look at that jaw line and his rugged manly disposition. I always pegged guana as more of an LL Cool J but hey thats not bad either.

I think I can live with that, my missus watches it and says he's arrogant, obnoxious and argumentative but she fancies the pants off him so yeah, I'll be Gibbs cool

Fuckin sex pistols mad

65 (edited by kimo 2014-03-08 20:39:47)

Guana wrote:

Shit, now I'm gonna have to watch the damn show to see if that was an insult or not sad

Haha...wasn't meant as an insult. He's one of the best characters on the show.

He's kinda quite and lurks in the background until someone attacks his people or something he believes in , then he tears in like a pit bull and rips their heads off.

I don't fancy him but.....just clearing that up, before your dirty little mind starts fantasizing.

MY BOOTLEG DVD TRADE SITE
http://kimo13.webs.com/

kimo wrote:
Guana wrote:

Haha...wasn't meant as an insult. He's one of the best characters on the show.

He's kinda quite and lurks in the background until someone attacks his people or something he believes in , then he tears in like a pit bull and rips their heads off.

I don't fancy him but.....just clearing that up, before your dirty little mind starts fantasizing.

Mate, no-one here is going to judge you for having one man-crush, we're all buddies.
You wouldn't be the first Aussie male to fall for my charms (and you certainly wouldn't be the ugliest wink)

Fuckin sex pistols mad

I just finished watching first 3 season of game of thrones. All my mates had been talking about it for the last couple of years, id never watched it once, then sat down and watched 3 seasons in a couple of weeks. I was proper hooked. That red wedding episode was pretty incredible, left me pretty speechless. I havent read the books, does it follow pretty closely?

Season 2 of Vikings is pretty blooming brilliant!

A VILE PRODUCT OF WELFARE UK

Norwood wrote:

I just finished watching first 3 season of game of thrones. All my mates had been talking about it for the last couple of years, id never watched it once, then sat down and watched 3 seasons in a couple of weeks. I was proper hooked. That red wedding episode was pretty incredible, left me pretty speechless. I havent read the books, does it follow pretty closely?

Yeah man im in love with this show. My brother has read the books but I haven't. Been watching the show since the ep1 premiere though. I cant fuckin wait til season 4 in April.

Norwood wrote:

I've read all of the books.  It's amazing how true they stay to the overall themes of the books.  There are a few things they change here and there, but it's been to ease the flow for television.  My biggest grip is that Ser Barristan Selmy didn't have his white flowing mustaches.  Overall, I think it's one of the best book adaptations I've ever seen.  Every big event you've seen in the show is pretty much straight out of the book.  Season 4 starts soon and I can't wait.  It drives my girlfriend crazy that I know what's going to happen.  It was so hard not to mention the Red Wedding.

I don't get the hype with Game of Thrones, but then again I don't have those channels anymore so I can't watch it. Kinda like Walking Dead for me.

Bettie_Rage wrote:

I don't get the hype with Game of Thrones, but then again I don't have those channels anymore so I can't watch it. Kinda like Walking Dead for me.

you have the internet. you have every channel, for free.

I saw some mention carnivale...as awesome as that show was, it can never be considered among the greats because only have the story is told- final 3 seasons were cancelled because it was far over budget.

I have an incredible archive of tv series. I follow all sorts of series from Canada, US, UK, AUS, NZ, DK and Scandinavia.

Canada has just adopted the British model and has been putting out some really great stuff as a result.

The Best Laid Plans (political comedy, a slight comedic homage to HoC) from CBC [hiatus] and 19-2 (police drama) from Bravo [series 1 still airing]. And, of course, HBO Canada's Call Me Fitz (Jason priestly as a womanizing car salesman whose teamed up with a guy who claims to be his conscience), which just ended it's fourth series....hands down the best comedy still being made, anywhere.

I rank US stations as follows for quality series: HBO, Showtime, AMC, FX, Comedy, FOX, then the other networks generally put out mediocre crap though, to their credit, they are starting to put out much better shit in order to remain competitive with the likes of Netflix series and all things torrented.

As far as network goes, the following (kevin bacon), mind games (new series with Christian slater and dj davis from Treme), and rake have all been pretty decent. some others ive been grabbing but haven't watched yet, like Hannibal and the blacklist. also Bates Motel, which is semi-network/cable.

just started watching that new network show Ressurection, and goddamn was the first episode good. I could see it turning out to be garbage in the long run, but the concept is pretty awesome.

US satellite stations have been putting out some damned impressive shit. some others that are currently airing are starz' Black Sails, which has been excellent (far better than the trashy, poorly written Spartacus) so far; House of Lies (showtime's management consultant version of HoC); fx's the Americans (soviet spies infiltrating the us drama); movie network's banshee is alright too (ive only watched a couple eps from 1st season but 2nd season is nearing the close or just wrapped up last Saturday).

I think I might stop watching GoT week to week, considering the same for WD....storylines are too drawn out and watching week to week ruins the show. much more enjoyable when you can watch them in a bank together, esp when the storylines are so drawn out like in GoT and WD (this season at least). I haven't watched TD yet, so im pretty happy I can watch them all in one marathon. other good ones that are coming up soon are Da Vinci's Demons, Falling Skies, Mad Men, Defiance, The Newsroom, Orphan Black, Veep....all of which will be starting up over the spring/summer.

I started watching The 4400 (10 years to late), it's quite a good show and I can see where Heroes and Fringe got some storyline ideas from.

Bettie_Rage wrote:

For me it comes from actually having read the books.  I've always been a fan of epic fantasy, and it is so rarely translated to the screen (big or little) correctly.  The showrunners are big fans of the books and took the time and money to do it right.  Even Sean Bean (Boromir, Eddard Stark) said that the production as far as props and costumes go went above and beyond what was done for The Lord of the Rings. 

I think the reason that it has caught on for everyone else is that it's just a solid show.  Good writing, interesting interweaving story lines and great acting.  Plus there's lots of violence and nudity.  There's something for everyone.