Topic: The Man in the High Castle

Anyone else watching/plan on watching this show? I'm three episodes in and loving it. Alternate histories are among my favorite movies/books to read and the visuals in this series are downright incredible.

"I pop punk, not pills"

Re: The Man in the High Castle

They got in some shit when they plastered subway cars with Nazi regalia to advertise the show, thats all I know

And its in an alternate universe where the Nazis won WWII. Sounds like a video game plot, hows the execution I wonder

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

I wanted to see it considering it's a tv adaptation of one of my favorite author's work.

The Man in the High Castle
Philip K. Dick. Check it out.

How's the show, chisox?

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Shows very good. They do a fantastic job with filling the show with random details showing how life would be different under axis rule. Attention to detail ad a whole is fantastic. My only complaint is I wish they'd give more details on exactly how the US lost. Besides the mention of DC being nuked I have no idea how America lost. But those details may come later. Highly reccomend checking it out. Amazon prime is worth it for the free shipping and this show.

Immtwo chapters into the book now. I'm trying to read and watch at the same pace.

"I pop punk, not pills"

chisox100 wrote:

Shows very good. They do a fantastic job with filling the show with random details showing how life would be different under axis rule. Attention to detail ad a whole is fantastic. My only complaint is I wish they'd give more details on exactly how the US lost. Besides the mention of DC being nuked I have no idea how America lost.

Well shit back in that day, a Nuclear bomb on DC would have wiped out most of the legislature, so the president would be some 14-times removed senator from some state. If that actually happened now America would be a power without a rudder, if that makes sense

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

The wife and I are almost done with the first season.  Going to try to get my hands on the book while I'm on winter break.  I'm enjoying it so far.  I've always loved alternate histories.  Personally, I don't need to know why the US fell.  I like it that you're just thrown into this world in which the status quo for Americans has changed so much in less than two decades.  I'm more curious to see what the map of the rest of the world looks like; to know the status of fascist Italy, the USSR, or the UK is what I'm more interested in.

In the book the Nazis drained the Mediterranean for farmland, sent all the Slavic people to the Asian steppe where they live like medieval peasants and apparently all of Africa was genocided by the Nazis. Besides that no talk of maps or borders

"I pop punk, not pills"

never read the books but im enjoying the series

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

I bought the book for my missus years ago (she likes a bit of Dick) but I didn't get round to reading it myself, might watch the series first though, it's always an anti-climax doing it the other way round.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Finished the show. 3/4 through the book. They're very different but the two compliment each other very well. Both worth devoting time to

"I pop punk, not pills"