Topic: x-files reunion

Anybody have thoughts on the six episodes reunion? I feel like i should be happy about it but for some reason i'm just not. I don't know what there going to do other than gather endorsements and leave a big plot hole until they decide to do another five or six in another year or two from now. Anyway, Anybody watch the new one on Sunday and think it's going to go somewhere?

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Re: x-files reunion

I never liked the X-Files. i don't know why, but it was always boring to me and even though I'm into alien/conspiracy/wacky sort of stuff. For some reason I did watch Outer Limits re-runs growing up. I was excited for Lucifer, since I love the comics and know of him from Sandman, but I had seen the pilot weeks ago when it was "leaked" online. I just re-watched it tonight because I was bored and too lazy to get to my laptop to finish watching the rest of Daredevil so I won't feel stupid when the new season starts in March...with Punisher big_smile.

OH YES....it will be glorious.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

3 (edited by u.s.c.b. 2016-01-26 22:07:50)

Bettie_Rage wrote:

I never liked the X-Files. i don't know why, but it was always boring to me and even though I'm into alien/conspiracy/wacky sort of stuff. For some reason I did watch Outer Limits re-runs growing up. I was excited for Lucifer, since I love the comics and know of him from Sandman, but I had seen the pilot weeks ago when it was "leaked" online. I just re-watched it tonight because I was bored and too lazy to get to my laptop to finish watching the rest of Daredevil so I won't feel stupid when the new season starts in March...with Punisher big_smile.

If you thought the show was boring before you'd prolly hate the hell out of the six episode reload, I always liked the show from the crime solving aspect not the goverment conspiracy aspect and with only a few episodes left they will pumped the dog on cover ups/green men from mars and Alien diseases and what have you. It really seems pointless to bring the show back now as the older fans will just scrutinize it and try to find the plot holes from where it left off and the younger sci-fi fans will just try to see if they remember it all (A new night gallery would be the sci-fi show of my choice for a new season)

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

u.s.c.b. wrote:
Bettie_Rage wrote:

If you thought the show was boring before you'd prolly hate the hell out of the six episode reload, I always liked the show from the crime solving aspect not the goverment conspiracy aspect and with only a few episodes left they will pumped the dog on cover ups/green men from mars and Alien diseases and what have you. It really seems pointless to bring the show back now as the older fans will just scrutinize it and try to find the plot holes from where it left off and the younger sci-fi fans will just try to see if they remember it all (A new night gallery would be the sci-fi show of my choice for a new season)

I hadnt watched it, and I havent watched the show regularly since the first movie. I used to watch it every week growing up, when every show was a one off, a different creature, alien, whatever. I have heard its good, not great, and you have to go into it knowing  they will probably poke fun at themselves too.

Bettie_Rage wrote:

...I was bored and too lazy to get to my laptop to finish watching the rest of Daredevil so I won't feel stupid when the new season starts in March...with Punisher big_smile.

Wait a minute. Im not big into comic book movies/tv shows, probably because Punisher is my favorite character of all times and every movie they have done of him has been a total fuckup. Either its campy, not at all canon, or PG fucking 13. The 80's Dolph Lundgren movie is the closest to it, and even that was kind of a steaming pile of crap. The Travolta as the bad guy one was awful, and also they completely made up his backstory, nothing whatsoever from the comics other than the Punisher character. The one after that, War Zone, actually followed (somewhat, sorta) a multi issue plot from the first year of Punisher War Zone, but they made it campy and quasi funny, and to me that isnt the Punisher. He is a serious guy, no fucking around, no wisecracks, no jokes.

BUT Daredevil was always one of his "nemesis" guys, like they were both "good" guys but Daredevil doesn't kill. They ended up doing several story arcs over the years. So let me know how it looks, and I may check it out.

This is the only thing I have seen come close to a real Punisher bit. From what I read Thomas Jane is a huge Punisher fan, and made this short to openly lobby for the part. And honestly, I think he nails it. And having Ron Perlman in it is a huge thumbs up, as well

I just have high standards for the Punisher. I own all the number #1s and every series from at least #1-12.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/010.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/013.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/012.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/011.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/009.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/014.jpg

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

OOOOoooOOO, I fucking LOVE Night Gallery! I try to catch it when I can't sleep on MeTV EARLY ASS in the morning but I always miss it. They kinda pushed all the Twilight Zone, Hitchcock, Thriller, Night Gallery shows to early in the goddamn morning or just on weekends. Just to show more perry mason. I have nothing against that show, I really like Perry but I like those other shows more.

Wait a minute. Im not big into comic book movies/tv shows, probably because Punisher is my favorite character of all times and every movie they have done of him has been a total fuckup. Either its campy, not at all canon, or PG fucking 13. The 80's Dolph Lundgren movie is the closest to it, and even that was kind of a steaming pile of crap. The Travolta as the bad guy one was awful, and also they completely made up his backstory, nothing whatsoever from the comics other than the Punisher character. The one after that, War Zone, actually followed (somewhat, sorta) a multi issue plot from the first year of Punisher War Zone, but they made it campy and quasi funny, and to me that isnt the Punisher. He is a serious guy, no fucking around, no wisecracks, no jokes.

BUT Daredevil was always one of his "nemesis" guys, like they were both "good" guys but Daredevil doesn't kill. They ended up doing several story arcs over the years. So let me know how it looks, and I may check it out.

It's almost damn near impossible to make a justifiable comic tv show/movie. The only ones I watch are on Netflix and Arrow, Flash on CW. There are even fewer movies that I'll watch. My brother and I are going to see Deadpool because It's Deadpool and he is HUGE into Deadpool...don't get me started on "Suicide Squad" and I never liked the justice league, superman, wonder woman and long stopped caring about Batman anyway. Plus Ben Affleck couldn't do a decent comic character if you held a gun to his head. I saw both Punisher movies, the original with my dad when i was a kid since he's an old school comic nerd, probably where me and my brother get it from, and Loves the Punisher and I prefer the original. I like the Punisher, and know the basics, but i admit that I'm not a huge Punisher person and haven't read much of the comics. I've read some, mostly the classic ones my dad could salvage from before he went to Nam and almost ALL his comics were destroyed when my grandpa accidentally left the window down on my dad's car and it stormed...his comics were in the back seat. ANYWAY, most of what I know is from what he told me as a kid while we were watching the original movie and I got really into him. It should be interesting how he interacts with Daredevil, but I don't have Netflix so I go to couch tuner to watch it.

Bettie_Rage wrote:

OOOOoooOOO, I fucking LOVE Night Gallery! I try to catch it when I can't sleep on MeTV EARLY ASS in the morning but I always miss it. They kinda pushed all the Twilight Zone, Hitchcock, Thriller, Night Gallery shows to early in the goddamn morning or just on weekends. Just to show more perry mason. I have nothing against that show, I really like Perry but I like those other shows more.

It's almost damn near impossible to make a justifiable comic tv show/movie. The only ones I watch are on Netflix and Arrow, Flash on CW. There are even fewer movies that I'll watch. My brother and I are going to see Deadpool because It's Deadpool and he is HUGE into Deadpool...don't get me started on "Suicide Squad" and I never liked the justice league, superman, wonder woman and long stopped caring about Batman anyway. Plus Ben Affleck couldn't do a decent comic character if you held a gun to his head. I saw both Punisher movies, the original with my dad when i was a kid since he's an old school comic nerd, probably where me and my brother get it from, and Loves the Punisher and I prefer the original. I like the Punisher, and know the basics, but i admit that I'm not a huge Punisher person and haven't read much of the comics. I've read some, mostly the classic ones my dad could salvage from before he went to Nam and almost ALL his comics were destroyed when my grandpa accidentally left the window down on my dad's car and it stormed...his comics were in the back seat. ANYWAY, most of what I know is from what he told me as a kid while we were watching the original movie and I got really into him. It should be interesting how he interacts with Daredevil, but I don't have Netflix so I go to couch tuner to watch it.

In the comics Daredevil and Punisher basically teamed up by necessity; like most other Marvel characters, Daredevil hates how the Punisher kills, but the Punisher is one of the few marvel characters that has no super power or anything, just a dogged determination and an arsenal. His arsenal is almost like the Bat Cave except its all lethal. So usually Daredevil will jump around knocking people out like he normally does, but generally some guy will get the jump on him, but before Daredevil can get hurt/react in any way, Punisher shoots the bad guy dead. Then Daredevil will lecture him on how killing isnt necessary. Same thing happened when he teamed up with Captain America back in the day as well, except they were fighting each other until they were forced to team up to fight gun toting mobsters.
https://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/1/20/526173f28d678/portrait_incredible.jpg

Also in the current comics, Black Widow just got done scrapping with Daredevil and I guess Punisher is next, so maybe that show has some Black Widow in it too? Daredevil and Punisher team up against Black Widow, it would work. In the comic canon, Daredevil (Matt Murdock) and Punisher (Frank Castle) were childhood friends growing up in Hell's Kitchen, and that is why Daredevil keeps trying to talk "sense" into Punisher to make him give up killing. Needless to say, Daredevil and Punisher have teamed up at least 9 times from what I googled. So there are several good storylines they could follow if they stay canon, one of which was from about 10 years ago where Kingpin was in jail and all the hoods were fighting over his turf, including Jackal. I haven't watched the show, but I do understand that Kingpin was just arrested, and the Punisher has had beef with Jackal forever, and Daredevil teamed up with Punisher against Jackal before, so if I was guessing, thats what I would guess.

I see the guy playing the Punisher in that show is Jon Bernthal, he was the "other cop" in the first season of Walking Dead who saved Rick and fell in love with Ricks wife. In all these seasons of Walking Dead, I still think his character was one of the better ones and its a shame they had to kill him off so early

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

When it comes to remakes of comics and sci-fi reunions (Main reason i'm bitching about the x-files, so two birds with one stone) There never done right! The antman movie i thought was the closest to being done right and the new robocop had it's moments but def wasn't not worth the four or five year build up it had. I'm glad Ick brought up the x-files movie, That and the Simpsons movie combined left me both feeling cheated, They were both put out at a time fans of the shows wanted to see both, sold out theaters all across the country and years later nothing! Except i think there was a straight to video release for the x-files during the Rick Patrick years who was about as popular on the show as Rug burn (I was the 1 in 1000 who liked him on it but his character seemed to due nothing more than confuse the regular hardcore fans who seemed to tune in to cream there jeans over the dialog between Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny every Sunday!)

Daredevil will be pretty good and I can't wait! As for the new X-Files mini, I'm on Netflix re-watching them all first. I'm on Season 3. Haven't watched them since they original saw them on TV and they're in HD. That will keep me busy for awhile. I noticed it's funny that Scully's hotter now than we was on the show, but then again, it could be the 90's busy suits!

PunBB bbcode test

In the comics Daredevil and Punisher basically teamed up by necessity; like most other Marvel characters, Daredevil hates how the Punisher kills, but the Punisher is one of the few marvel characters that has no super power or anything, just a dogged determination and an arsenal. His arsenal is almost like the Bat Cave except its all lethal. So usually Daredevil will jump around knocking people out like he normally does, but generally some guy will get the jump on him, but before Daredevil can get hurt/react in any way, Punisher shoots the bad guy dead. Then Daredevil will lecture him on how killing isnt necessary. Same thing happened when he teamed up with Captain America back in the day as well, except they were fighting each other until they were forced to team up to fight gun toting mobsters.
https://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg … edible.jpg

Also in the current comics, Black Widow just got done scrapping with Daredevil and I guess Punisher is next, so maybe that show has some Black Widow in it too? Daredevil and Punisher team up against Black Widow, it would work. In the comic canon, Daredevil (Matt Murdock) and Punisher (Frank Castle) were childhood friends growing up in Hell's Kitchen, and that is why Daredevil keeps trying to talk "sense" into Punisher to make him give up killing. Needless to say, Daredevil and Punisher have teamed up at least 9 times from what I googled. So there are several good storylines they could follow if they stay canon, one of which was from about 10 years ago where Kingpin was in jail and all the hoods were fighting over his turf, including Jackal. I haven't watched the show, but I do understand that Kingpin was just arrested, and the Punisher has had beef with Jackal forever, and Daredevil teamed up with Punisher against Jackal before, so if I was guessing, thats what I would guess.

I see the guy playing the Punisher in that show is Jon Bernthal, he was the "other cop" in the first season of Walking Dead who saved Rick and fell in love with Ricks wife. In all these seasons of Walking Dead, I still think his character was one of the better ones and its a shame they had to kill him off so early

Yeah, I'm not much of a Walking Dead person (people always seem to gasp when I say that. I just find it boring) so I had to google him and he doesn't look like he'd make a great Punisher, this is just going by looks alone since I have no idea on his acting. I pictured this big guy that if you looked him in the eye, you'd probably cry and/or piss yourself but we'll just have to wait until March to see how it works.

See, I'm OK with comic characters playing the "hero" and not killing anyone, but sometimes that just doesn't work and can get played out when it comes to certain foes. By saying this I always think of Batman and The Joker, I know it's generic and without the constant comeback of The Joker there really wouldn't be much of a Batman story. But after a while, it gets really old and predictable: Joker gets out, Joker does bad to taunt Batman, Batman mentally/physically fights him, Batman wins, Joker is back in Arkham, Joker gets out and the cycle continues. I mean, they've been at it for, what, 75+ years (?) and ultimately it just gets nowhere. Everyone knows, and is predictably surprised, when Joker gets out and kills people  so why not effectively take care of it since OBVIOUSLY the man can't be locked up for long; then again I guess both he and batman "died" in Endgame #6. Yeah, Joker has always been my #1 favorite male villain but still the story gets stale...sometimes killing someone of that caliber is necessary.

I'm downloading all the Punisher comics anyway, that my dad doesn't have since he's not much into new incarnations of characters. I just wanna read more, especially about he and Daredevil. I hate Capin 'Murica so I'll skip those.