Topic: Batman vs superman

Opens tonight i'm going to see it wonder if anyone else will check it out for

A.superhero nostalgia
b.to see if it plays up to the hype
c.The new batman outfit looks cool as hell (Why i'm going)
d.to see how bad Ben Affleck fucks up the movie

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Re: Batman vs superman

MAD SPOILERS, YO!

No spoilers, just a 1000 yard stare.

I'd rather stay home and burn a $20 bill.

tacothecheese wrote:

MAD SPOILERS, YO!

No spoilers, just a 1000 yard stare.

I'd rather stay home and burn a $20 bill.

Haaaaaaa, It's only a two mile hike and six bucks here! (I don't think it will be great but facing facts says i'm going to see it and nows just as good as any)

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

I haven't seen it, not sure if I will. I hear its kinda slow to get going and kind of a typical cliche hero movie, not bringing anything new to the table and really wasting time doing tie-ins to Justice league

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

5 (edited by Bettie_Rage 2016-03-26 19:14:30)

Nope...nope nope NOOOOOOPE. I never liked Superman, I stopped liking Wonder Woman when I was 6 and I don't like Ben Affleck. He already fucked up Daredevil so why in the shit would they cast him as such an iconic character so he can fuck that up too? Uh no...I rather keep my Batman to myself.

My dad didn't even want to see it and that says something. He's waiting on Capin Amurica which I'm only going with him to see it because of Black Panther, Iron Man, War Machine and Falcon. I like Bucky but I never liked Captain America. I may go see Suicide Squad because from what I've seen, Margot is doing a pretty good Harley despite her not doing the iconic voice which she apparently did in this other movie, Wolf of Wall Street (?). I'm not thrilled about the character lineup and some casting, Will Smith and a tiny Killer Croc that looks like a mexican with a skin disease and not really like any kind of croc. I don't care much anymore about Leto playing Joker and I hate the design, but meh. I also do wanna see Boomerang, Diablo and Katana.

As long as I can still pay $5 like I did to see Deadpool then I'll go see the Squad up in the daytime.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

6 (edited by u.s.c.b. 2016-03-26 20:49:30)

Ick McWang wrote:

I haven't seen it, not sure if I will. I hear its kinda slow to get going and kind of a typical cliche hero movie, not bringing anything new to the table and really wasting time doing tie-ins to Justice league

That review hits dead on, But thing is it's what i liked about it, They built it to give you a great ending which i kinda missed about movies these days. The reason it keeps getting bad reviews is it's not word for word dialog from the first five or six superman/batman movies. There are low points to it (The story is good but yeah they shouldn't drag it on as much as did and Henry Cavill comes off as a real doushie superman/wonder woman is useless/there's more Bruce Wayne than batman) But the bad things the "internet critics" said were what i enjoyed the most. I've heard negative things about them killing "little" Jimmy Olson so early in it (What were they going to do in the long run with him in a three hour movie where they have to establish four other characters?)  Jesse Eisenberg Was given bad reviews for being a big Heath Ledger clone but i enjoyed it as well because the movie needed a sociopath villain to tie the two main characters together. As for Affleck He is to bvS what cheap liquor is to a party, Not great but decent enough to get you through it,The biggest problem for him is the fact 1. He found a way to make Bruce wayne more boring if you can believe it 2. His body type doesn't match batman and he looks more like a ufc fighter in the outfit than a super hero! My take is if you go see it pretend it's the first time you're going to see a batman or superman movie and you might have fun as long as the price is UNDER TWENTY DOLLARS!!!!!!

Look, the way I figure it is if some out of shape 40ish guy who isn't me is putting on a muscle suit, at least use an actor who is an expert in being out of shape and in muscle suit like Russell Crowe in American Gangster

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif