Topic: recreating torrents and seeding them

Sorry if this is a noob question...

I have a few files I've been asked to reseed, I have the Music tracks themselves but the nfo, covers etc I've had to recreate. Now I can't figure out if there is a way to reseed using the same Post. I created .torrent file and tried to download using the original link on my topic, but the file only completes to 98% or so in my client.

Do I have to create a NEW post, or is there a way to rebuild the file and use the old topic to reseed it?

I'm using Utorrent by the way.

Thanks

Re: recreating torrents and seeding them

zerosquad wrote:

Sorry if this is a noob question...

I have a few files I've been asked to reseed, I have the Music tracks themselves but the nfo, covers etc I've had to recreate. Now I can't figure out if there is a way to reseed using the same Post. I created .torrent file and tried to download using the original link on my topic, but the file only completes to 98% or so in my client.

Do I have to create a NEW post, or is there a way to rebuild the file and use the old topic to reseed it?

I'm using Utorrent by the way.

Thanks

Off the top of my head, I  would say a new torrent,managed to seed old torrents on here before if all files have been the same but as we seem to have a very basic tracker with no option to edit the torrent file just close old thread and create new one,I  know its a pain but until we have some news on the new forum etc ,it's all we got.

Sounds good, thanks for the reply

for what its worth, I found it easier to recreate my old torrents rather than try to match syntax. A simple note or just deleting the old post gets you where you want to be

From the wreckage of humiliation
I got my self respect
I pulled myself together
What the hell did you expect

yeah you cant recreate the files and expect the torrent to know them, it cant, and as lizard says we cant edit the torrents to add another one on the same post sad
I'd have thought mods can tho? we can on PT

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

mel_the_bell wrote:

No we dont have that option

lizard wrote:
mel_the_bell wrote:

No we dont have that option

Oo

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

This site will allow you to edit the info in a torrent file and resave it but once you remove files the hash will change (correct me as I'm an idiot) and IDK what the tracker would do about it. Still a useful site for me.

http://torrenteditor.com/