Topic: NOFX - Hepatitis Bathtub book

Anyone else here read it?

I think its a Damn good book, everyone who contributed to the book was paid by the page, so its not just Fat Mike spewing, it's quite a bit of Smelly and Melvin, and the old guitarists before Hefe, and Hefe himself too. Point is, it reads like you are sitting in a bar with the guys telling old stories of how it was. In a good, very good way.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Re: NOFX - Hepatitis Bathtub book

I'll break down and get it soon enough as I've read nothing but good reviews of it, I mean from people who weren't even nofx fans which goes further for me because quit frankly to make a long story short people who grew up listing to them just were/are never going to say anything bad about anything they do ever, I'm not gonna judge because i'm a huge fan too! Was gonna ask my local library if they could maybe order it for me but then thought twice because asking a woman in her sixties if she could get me as she would prolly hear it a "hepatitis bathtub"  i  imagine wouldn't play out to well at the local magistrates office.

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

no but ive downloaded the audio tongue

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

Ive been waiting to see if Fat Wreck was offering any special deals with it, but no such luck so far. Normally Id have pre-ordered it, but Im about 4 books behind in my reading list and i really didn't want to add another to the pile.

From the wreckage of humiliation
I got my self respect
I pulled myself together
What the hell did you expect

I'll wait and see if I can pick up a second hand copy......that way I don't have to put any more money in Fat Mikes pocket.
Like the band........hate the asshole.

MY BOOTLEG DVD TRADE SITE
http://kimo13.webs.com/

Yes I am a fan so i am biased but the book is really good. I recommend it to anyone. Its pretty cheap on Amazon as well.

I really enjoyed the book, then my wife read it and enjoyed it and my 20 yr old son is reading it now! It was a good birthday present from my wife (for herself too LOL)

I tell people if you dont like it by the end of the first 14 pages then you wont like it. If you are intrigued, then buckle up because it gets much better. I really dont see how anyone in the scene, even if they hate NOFX, couldn't find some enjoyment out of the book.

Ick McWang wrote:

I tell people if you dont like it by the end of the first 14 pages then you wont like it. If you are intrigued, then buckle up because it gets much better. I really dont see how anyone in the scene, even if they hate NOFX, couldn't find some enjoyment out of the book.

I can safely predict that I wouldn't enjoy it, I don't rate the band, I dislike the label and I despise Fat Mike, I wouldn't waste a penny stoking the cunts ego or a moment reading the book with so much "on topic" material out there to choose from. There may be a few amusing quotes in there but it doesn't justify plodding through the rest of the content to get to them.
That's just me though.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

As a casual fan, I loved it. Perfect mix of funny and devastating.

Guana wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

I can safely predict that I wouldn't enjoy it, I don't rate the band, I dislike the label and I despise Fat Mike, I wouldn't waste a penny stoking the cunts ego or a moment reading the book with so much "on topic" material out there to choose from. There may be a few amusing quotes in there but it doesn't justify plodding through the rest of the content to get to them.
That's just me though.

It's mostly about the 80's and early 90's California punk scene, and Heroin. And S&M. For an old bastard, I kinda hoped you would give the book a try.

And he is a cunt. He may be less so if he is actually sobering up though

^what struck me is how much of a cunt smelly was. also it was strange to hear the ex-members testify mike was the single sober member during their early days.