Topic: Album Project Discussion Thread

Ahhh, y'all know I'm lazy as hell but for Guana and Gnat I guess I'll comply.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Re: Album Project Discussion Thread

I still haven't done my introduction post after a year of hanging around. I guess I should do that and then this. I may crack under the pressure..

From the wreckage of humiliation
I got my self respect
I pulled myself together
What the hell did you expect

Thought it might be easier to have a discussion thread separate from the main thread. Use the main thread just for the entries themselves. Use this for any and all discussion.
Give people props. Comments. Questions.
Fuck with people.
Etc.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

oblivionbunny wrote:

I still haven't done my introduction post after a year of hanging around. I guess I should do that and then this. I may crack under the pressure..

Maybe the album post could serve as an introduction too? I know mine is certainly shaping up to have a lot of info about me in it. Get two birds stoned at once.

Bettie_Rage wrote:

Ahhh, y'all know I'm lazy as hell but for Guana and Gnat I guess I'll comply.

<3 <3 <3

I'll post my list at some point but rest assured  i'll be wine drunk and in a shitty mood due to the weather!

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

ill do one when i can concentrate and actually remember em lol, and gather together piccie urls and youtube vids wink

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

I'll get on with mine soon as I get over recent celebrations but be warned it will probably be long and sprawling .

lizard wrote:

I'll get on with mine soon as I get over recent celebrations but be warned it will probably be long and sprawling .

I ended up editing about 25% of mine out and it still turned out long as hell.

ok ive done the first part, mines gonna be in installments lol

Gnat, I take great pleasure in seeing that what you listen to now is what I listened to 30+ years ago as an adolescent/teen. The amount of depth with which you write about the experience getting there shows to me that it was more than just wayward influence. Well presented sir. I can only hope when I get to spewing my allegory, it represents my own experience as well.

Damn. This old man has to step up his game. smile

I got my self respect
I pulled myself together

Thanks oblivionbunny wink Like I said I decided to delete a huge segment out of the latter sections because I thought it was too depressing. I feel like its incomplete but at the same time i was a little apprehensive about it because its something i dont think ive ever mentioned on here before.

I basically don't want to turn my post into a soap opera but maybe i could write it in a way that would keep it focused on the music. Idk.

ive done my second installment - how i got into punk

Fuckin 'ell Mel, save me something to go at!
Calling dibs on PVC

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Guana wrote:

Fuckin 'ell Mel, save me something to go at!
Calling dibs on PVC

if it turns you on wearing pvc go for it fella tongue

ps i know whatchu really meant lol

15 (edited by mel_the_bell 2016-05-07 15:33:20)

part 3 up now lol, my early teenage punk years (1977 punk, UK82, OI! with a splash of psychobilly)

gnat wrote:

Thanks oblivionbunny wink Like I said I decided to delete a huge segment out of the latter sections because I thought it was too depressing. I feel like its incomplete but at the same time i was a little apprehensive about it because its something i dont think ive ever mentioned on here before.

I basically don't want to turn my post into a soap opera but maybe i could write it in a way that would keep it focused on the music. Idk.

There's nothing wrong with sharing stuff like that with mates, it would have made an interesting read, but you're also baring your soul and hanging it out on a public website to be viewed by anyone for a long time. (Or several weeks with our track record)
Over the years, I've revisited plenty of threads on these sites and realised they contain personal information I'd rather wasn't floating around cyberspace, so I've edited or deleted them.
I've learned to hold back a bit since then, which is probably why no-one on this site knows about my herpes.

It's up to you what you post or don't post, but don't worry about depressing anyone here, shit like that comes with these forums, how many members have fuckin died over the years? These are emotional places.

On a different note, I've realised how much extra work old cunts like me, mel and lizard are landed with, also how similar our lists are going to be because we're all roughly the same age. Having said that, there's plenty on Gnats list that I'm probably going to include in mine.

On an even diffetenter note (my phone is telling me differenter isn't a word but fuck it), I know my name was mentioned in the first post of the other thread, but I was pretty much only involved in the bouncing ideas around stage, all the work was done by Gnat, so, kudos fella, good thread.

Fuckin sex pistols mad

....snip

yup, its interesting to see the difference in ages and the eras of music in peoples lives

heh heh enjoyed that read Guana smile

full of the humour and sarcasm we expect smile

Cheers Mel, I tried to keep it brief but kept going into waffle mode.
I completely glossed over the last 15 years too, I said it would be harder for us old n's

Fuckin sex pistols mad

20 (edited by mel_the_bell 2016-05-18 17:26:15)

Guana wrote:

I completely glossed over the last 15 years too, I said it would be harder for us old n's

ive still got some to come, just like you glanced onto at the end, the "other" stuff, in my case dub/reggae, hippy, rave, grindcore, thrash metal etc LOL

mel_the_bell wrote:
Guana wrote:

ive still got some to come, just like you glanced onto at the end, the "other" stuff, in my case dub/reggae, hippy, rave, grindcore, thrash metal etc LOL

There are just too many genres and phases to list them all, I was getting to the end then remembering loads of shit from different times, it was good to do though, proper stroll down memory lane, I played albums while writing that that I haven't heard for years

Fuckin sex pistols mad

Question for mods... Is there any way to limit the number of posts per page? Everyones posts are so beefy it really puts a huge load on a single page. It crashes my old ass ipad.

I know Im dragging my lazy ass on doing my own, but if you combine Guanas and Mels first 20 years, mine is a nearly a mirror to them. here i thought Id be tossing some names out the would be head scratchers to some - good to see i wasnt the only one that found much of those offerings influential at some level!

I got my self respect
I pulled myself together

gnat wrote:

Question for mods... Is there any way to limit the number of posts per page? Everyones posts are so beefy it really puts a huge load on a single page. It crashes my old ass ipad.

You can set that in your profile settings

Thanks for your addition OTA and to all the others as well. Really enjoy reading through all of them! I know there are several who haven't gotten around to it yet. Don't be skeered.

OTA... I love Pet Sounds as well. Didn't discover it young like you, came much later, but its awesome.