Topic: Game of Thrones [Spoilers]

Were you surprised by the resurrection?  Angered? 

I wasn't.  Jon Snow was Julius Caesared at the end of the last book, A Dance with Dragons.  The books have dropped so many hints to his importance, his lineage, constantly reminding us that the oath that a brother of the Night's Watch takes is only broken upon death. 

Let's not also forget that this entire story is basically about Westeros getting fucked an presumably the Targaryen's reclaiming the throne.  But all of the prophecies about this refer to a three headed dragon, meaning Dany can't do it alone.  Most people believe the Jon is one of those heads.  The third is up for debate, some say Tyrion, some Arya, some a character from the book they have yet to introduce in the show (I can't remember his name but he says he's a Targaryen and that Dorne protected him). 

I'm not sure why all the hullabaloo.  There's been plenty of magic in this show.  From Melisandre, to when we actually saw Thoros of Myr (another Red Priest) resurrect Beric Dondarrion when they had posession of Arya.  There are fucking dragons that came back to live in the funeral pyre of Khal Drogo.  Why is this out of the realm of possibility?

Re: Game of Thrones [Spoilers]

i was shocked, i havent read the books tho...lol

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

I was disappointed when they brought him back, not because I dislike the bloke or his stupid hair, (I was gutted when he was stabbed but thought it was an awesome scene) but because it's plonked an unkillable character into the story, one of the things that I most enjoy about the show is the fact that anybody can die at any time.
I vaguely remember a quote from George RR Martin saying he wanted people to read the books and feel like they could get killed next.
This kind of blows that out of the water, I'm going to watch it now knowing that whatever shit Snow gets into he's going to get out of. This probably applies to Daenerys too and I would imagine it will become apparent eventually, that this immortality applies to whoever the third head belongs to.
Bloody spoilers. sad

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Despite what Martin said, show viewers knew resurrection was possible, even without any extra time with Beric Dondarrion and Thoros of Myr.  Because they already showed it.

I'm not sure it proves his immortality unless of course he keeps a Red Priest/Priestess with him at all times.  And I'm sure it won't come without some consequences.

Dunno, I still get the feeling that he's here til the end, the finale might kill him but til then he's bulletproof.

Fuckin sex pistols mad

Guana wrote:

Dunno, I still get the feeling that he's here til the end, the finale might kill him but til then he's bulletproof.

but you never know, hes resurected this time, next time he might be dead.........or come back, who knows

Ha! he's got a small nob.
fuckin' knew it big_smile

Fuckin sex pistols mad

8 (edited by ℊnat 2016-05-16 18:15:58)

Guana wrote:

Who knew straight men thought about each others dongs so much? big_smile

Looks like Khaleesi just expanded her army.
I'm fuckin psyched about Tormund and Brienne too.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

That look he was giving her was so very perfect.

I'm just so ready for them to finish the Tower of Joy flashbacks with Ned and Howland Reed.  I've been waiting to have this fan theory confirmed for fucking years and I am hoping that they don't drag it out until the finale.

gnat wrote:

Guana wrote:

Who knew straight men thought about each others dongs so much? big_smile

Nothing wrong with keeping an eye on the opposition, even if you're weilding valyrian steel it's good to know what your enemy has in his scabbard wink

gnat wrote:

Looks like Khaleesi just expanded her army.

That's not the only thing that expanded during the fire.
*Tish boom* "Thankyouverymuch, I'll be here all week"

I'm actually really enjoying this season now, if I don't think too much about missing dogs and where the fuck the mahoosive undead army went to.

Cappy wrote:

I'm just so ready for them to finish the Tower of Joy flashbacks with Ned and Howland Reed.  I've been waiting to have this fan theory confirmed for fucking years and I am hoping that they don't drag it out until the finale.

Has this been touched upon in the series or is it just part of the books?
I haven't read the books so, no spoilers please smile

Fuckin sex pistols mad

http://img.izismile.com/img/img9/20160517/640/funny_picdump_1213_640_high_27.jpg

Lol big_smile
I Thought Ms Clarke had a "No nudity" clause in her contract? or was it a weird cgi body double thing?

Fuckin sex pistols mad

Guana wrote:

Lol big_smile
I Thought Ms Clarke had a "No nudity" clause in her contract? or was it a weird cgi body double thing?

sadly probably a body double like cersis walk of shame sad

mel_the_bell wrote:
Guana wrote:

Lol big_smile

Technology sucks sad

Fuckin sex pistols mad

Guana wrote:
mel_the_bell wrote:
Guana wrote:

Lol big_smile

Technology sucks sad

i know, just as you get technology that makes it easier to pause things like that rather than the big clunky old VHS / Betamax recorders, they also create technology that swaps their bodies for somebody elses for said pausing sad

Guana wrote:

Has this been touched upon in the series or is it just part of the books?
I haven't read the books so, no spoilers please smile

They've hinted at it a bit, but you catch the hints more if you've read the books.  They randomly mentioned Lyanna (Ned's dead sister that is the reason Robert Baratheon went to war with the Targaryens in the first place) more than once in the season opener.  How exactly she died has always been shrouded in mystery.   The flashbacks that Bran is seeing right now, seem to exist solely as a way for the truth to finally come out.  Especially now that we all finally know how Ned beat Ser Arthur Dayne in combat.

I remember them mentioning Lyanna a couple of times but I didn't think they'd emphasised the significance, I've been known not to pay attention in the past so wasn't sure if I'd missed it, ta for clearing that up.
I'm going to have to read the series though. Has he got a ballpark figyre for how many books it's going to end up as? I aint a young man anymore.

Fuckin sex pistols mad

Supposed to be 7 in the end...but the first book came out in 1996 and the newest (the fifth) in 2011. So 20 years later...5 books... and the author is like 75 or something.

Martin has a lot of other stuff he works on, and he's notoriously slow on top of that.  He's been the editor of a bunch of short stories, not to mention the Wild Cards series.  He's always written short stories himself ( his collection about Ser Duncan the Tall is some nice history of Westeros), plus over the years he has written for television, most notably Beauty and the Beast and Game of Thrones.  He's also very active in the convention scene, which he cut back last year, and decided not to write any episodes for the current season of GoT so he could get back to writing.  It is frustrating as a reader, but if I can make it through Robert Jordan dying before he finished the Wheel of Time series (and it did get finished), I can deal with him being slow.

Worst case scenario:  If he dies, I just vandalize his grave in Santa Fe.  He only lives an hour or so north of me.

so bran inadvertantly worged into young hodor, right? If he can invade the minds of figures from the past, that has got to have huge implications... Theoretically he could stop Ned from leaving Winterfell right? Perhaps stop the childrrn from making the first white walker? Or am i reading too much in to what happened?

As far as book explanations go, it is a big taboo to warg into a human, even considered an abomination by the Wildlings.  It's very difficult because of a human's will power.  Hodor is simple, so this makes it easier for Bran to control him.  I think it was the fact that Hodor was there in both the present and the vision of the past that screwed with him.  If Bran is subconsciously using his powers to control Hodor in the present while he is still viewing memories of the past where Hodor (as Wylis) is also visible to him, who is to say that there wasn't some kind of weird overlap/leakage of some kind.  I don't think Bran's changing the past would have been possible without Hodor being present in both realities.

It was a fun little time travel quandry.  Wylis had to be Hodor to take Bran to the Three-Eyed Raven, but he didn't turn into Hodor until Bran got there. 

I'm very curious to see what happens with Bran's storyline after this.  Does he make it south?  Does the mark from the Winter King get removed from his body?  How can Meera have the strength to drag him anywhere, especially now that the option for Bran to hunt for them with Summer is gone?  I'd say my theory for this, but I can't remember if they introduced this character back when Sam and Gilly escaped from Craster's and were on the run back to the Wall. 

Honestly, this season is just making me itch for Martin to finish the next book even more.

Someone has to help them. There's no way Meera could drag him very much further through the snow with the horde still chasing them.

Season 7 delayed sad

I thought they said it might be delayed because now that it's officially winter, they'll need as much actual winter in their locales as possible. 

Honestly, anything that takes a little pressure off GRRM and gives me time to read the book before the new season is fine by me.  It's also a shortened season, they've said both 7 and 8 will each be less than 10 episodes long.

Cappy wrote:

I thought they said it might be delayed because now that it's officially winter, they'll need as much actual winter in their locales as possible. 

Honestly, anything that takes a little pressure off GRRM and gives me time to read the book before the new season is fine by me.  It's also a shortened season, they've said both 7 and 8 will each be less than 10 episodes long.

Yeah I read they have about 15 hours of material before its done, so two 6-8 episode seasons would be it. They are on record that there will be no milking of the show, it will be over at that point and that's it.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif