Topic: Misfits/Danzig reunion

That's right folks, For the first time sense 1983 Glenn, Doyle and jerry are playing two or three tour dates at the riot fest this year, Funny this comes a year and a half after Jerry saying he wouldn't do it because his new found religous views and danzig just saying he would never do it period! Hats off, I really thought this would never happen ..ever really! It reaks of a cheap cash cow for them obviously as i'm sure will soon find out about a long term city to city tour in a few moths. Anybody have any thoughts or are you like me and just annoyed so much by all this you could care less about this reunion?

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

If the riotfest shows are successful, id be very interested in seeing what they can do nowadays. ..barring any diva tantrums, or general ego issues. Then again, if ole' Glenn gets mouthy, Jerry could put him in his pocket until he cools down.

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

I already have a 3 day pass to Riot Fest Chicago. Can't say im  that excited about this to be honest. They already had Danzig and Doyle perform Misfits songs together a few years ago. What's the difference this time? Jerry Only and the actual Misfits logo. That's it. I'll still go see the set and im sure i'll enjoy it but its not gonna be life changing or anything.

Riot Fest never ceases to amaze me with the reunions they manage to pull off.

"I pop punk, not pills"

4 (edited by u.s.c.b. 2016-05-13 21:00:47)

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

Bacon wrote:

If the riotfest shows are successful, id be very interested in seeing what they can do nowadays. ..barring any diva tantrums, or general ego issues. Then again, if ole' Glenn gets mouthy, Jerry could put him in his pocket until he cools down.

I'm almost certain this is prolly some cheap ploy for Danzig to get his name reattached to using the misfits name for merch ect, I'm sure at there age and the over all lazyness of the three of them combined these days the amount of effort put into there sets will be "straight to youtube" worthy. Really when you think about the real winner here is Doyal who i'm sure has been hurting for cash sense he left the band back in 03 or 04, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with an easy payday because they were/are a horror punk band and not really "against anything" as your normal punk band but man, it just seems they held out to long for anybody to really give a damn about them ever doing anything again! And as the sox pointed out this reunion would have worked ten million times better before that doyal/danzig gig a few years back!

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

Yea I hear ya. Im one of those annoying dicks who thinks the misfits without Danzig were/are crap. It was basically bad death rock. I LOVE and respect what the original band created and released, but some of the later releases Im just thinking "let it go".
I mean the whole receding devil-lock thing was getting tired smile

6 (edited by u.s.c.b. 2016-05-13 23:40:31)

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

Bacon wrote:

Yea I hear ya. Im one of those annoying dicks who thinks the misfits without Danzig were/are crap. It was basically bad death rock. I LOVE and respect what the original band created and released, but some of the later releases Im just thinking "let it go".
I mean the whole receding devil-lock thing was getting tired smile

Yeah pretty much, It's one of those things that when your listing to them everythings fine till you check there website, It's kinda hard to take them seriously when they release a four song ep every ten years and market 45 t-shirts to go along with it! As for the newer stuff, I'm not sure why but i do have a soft spot for project 1950 (My guess it's my love for older rock'n roll) But the devils rain and that lounge cd they put out years ago is where Jerry Only just started pissing on the misfits name. And as for Michale graves, I think he must have signed a legal wavier that when he left the band he had to leave his musical talent with the other members, His solo stuff is absolute "I'm a serious rocker now would you play me on the radio" trash! (It's ok i'm aloud to bad mouth him all i want because him and gotham road ripped me off thirty dollars back in the early thousands:))

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

That should be interesting.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

You couldn't pay me enough to see that shit!

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

u.s.c.b. wrote:

I'm almost certain this is prolly some cheap ploy for Danzig to get his name reattached to using the misfits name for merch ect,

As per the settlement from the original shitfight court case they had over the Misfits name, Danzig gets 50% of every piece of merch bearing the Misfits name / logo with the exception of any new music, so I don't know if that's why he'd be doing it. Probably just so he can feel important again.

Could understand Doyle's maybe in it for the money, but he just seems to be a sideline character in all of this.

As for Jerry I'm not really sure. I've seen the \jerry / Dez Misfits a couple of times and they are just a backing band for a merch stand, so I'd imagine his half of merch sales is still bringing in a pretty penny.

Personally would rather see the Michael Graves line-up reunite.

MY BOOTLEG DVD TRADE SITE
http://kimo13.webs.com/

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

kimo wrote:

Personally would rather see the Michael Graves line-up reunite.

I just wish the entire thing had ended in 1983 that way great releases by them and none of this drama.

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

kimo wrote:
u.s.c.b. wrote:

I'm almost certain this is prolly some cheap ploy for Danzig to get his name reattached to using the misfits name for merch ect,

As per the settlement from the original shitfight court case they had over the Misfits name, Danzig gets 50% of every piece of merch bearing the Misfits name / logo with the exception of any new music, so I don't know if that's why he'd be doing it. Probably just so he can feel important again.

Could understand Doyle's maybe in it for the money, but he just seems to be a sideline character in all of this.

As for Jerry I'm not really sure. I've seen the \jerry / Dez Misfits a couple of times and they are just a backing band for a merch stand, so I'd imagine his half of merch sales is still bringing in a pretty penny.

Personally would rather see the Michael Graves line-up reunite.

He's been pushing for this for years, Which kinda makes me lose all the respect i had for him because after years of trying to make a different name for himself right after telling everybody in earshot how big of a dick Jerry Only is he goes running right back in a finger snap to make a cheap buck! Not sure if anybody will ever know why Danzig is doing this, He spent years telling people how bad the new fits were while building a solo rep to try and get his fans to forget he was ever in the band and Jerry has spent the last ten trying to get there new fans to think the band started in 95 ( Don't ya think it's funny the last live cd had no older stuff and only went as far back as American Psycho?) Not sure why there doing it But rest assured the promoters from riot fest  prolly went close to bankrupt making it happen.

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

http://i.imgur.com/X4D8fRU.jpg

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

Saw them over the weekend. The stage show was incredible. Massive LED screen flashing horror themed images, giant inflatable pumpkins, crazy light show, etc. They sounded fantastic too. But Danzig is an old man who needed to take a break for a minute or two between songs so that kept killing the mood. 40,000 people ecstatically singing along to songs we all knew by heart was great.

Seeing Rancid perform Out Come the Wolves and Cock Sparrer performing Shock Troops at Riot Fest 2014 and 2015 respectively was on par with the second coming of Jesus Christ. This Misfits reunion was great but not second coming of Jesus great. Im glad I went and I had a blast, go see them if they come to your town but dont lose sleep over not seeing it.

"I pop punk, not pills"

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

gnat wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/X4D8fRU.jpg

Just saw this.. hahahahahahahaaha!

Thanks: gnat1

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

chisox100 wrote:

Saw them over the weekend. The stage show was incredible. Massive LED screen flashing horror themed images, giant inflatable pumpkins, crazy light show, etc. They sounded fantastic too. But Danzig is an old man who needed to take a break for a minute or two between songs so that kept killing the mood. 40,000 people ecstatically singing along to songs we all knew by heart was great.

Seeing Rancid perform Out Come the Wolves and Cock Sparrer performing Shock Troops at Riot Fest 2014 and 2015 respectively was on par with the second coming of Jesus Christ. This Misfits reunion was great but not second coming of Jesus great. Im glad I went and I had a blast, go see them if they come to your town but dont lose sleep over not seeing it.

From what I've seen they look just as you described, Read an interview with Jerry Only where he was superised alot of people were just standing around and just taking it in and not getting crazy, But yeah, They look from at least youtube footage to be enjoying themselves and even from only himself to be in the thinking of doing another cd together, I figure they never will but maybe it might lead to a tour to give all there a fans a chance to see the original line up (Which will also prolly never happen as i'm sure they'd do maybe a west coast tour and then straight overseas)

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

I thought this band ended 20 years ago

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

Ick McWang wrote:

I thought this band ended 20 years ago

Well doyle and a few have been carrying on without wee Glenn, they sounded like shit to me, but some folks like the "danzig free" version. I still listen to the old stuff.

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

Ick McWang wrote:

I thought this band ended 20 years ago

Pretty much what Bacon said, They really quit being a band back 'round 1998 and there really more of a franchise these days with each member doing there own version of it. I really just wanted this reunion to be one shot and done (Just like i wanted there to only be one more black flag but that's a different story for another day) just to put some closure to the feud between the original line up so everybody can just put an end to it but music has a way of imitating business more often than not these days and there's still money to be made out of it. (say what you will about the crimson ghost but that little fucker makes more money a week than anybody who uses pos does in a year!)

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

I cant fault them for finally settling their differences and cashing in on it. Its not like they ever were an ideological or political punk band the way the likes of Black Flag was pre-reunion.

"I pop punk, not pills"

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

chisox100 wrote:

I cant fault them for finally settling their differences and cashing in on it. Its not like they ever were an ideological or political punk band the way the likes of Black Flag was pre-reunion.

Which one?

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

Bacon wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

I thought this band ended 20 years ago

Well doyle and a few have been carrying on without wee Glenn, they sounded like shit to me, but some folks like the "danzig free" version. I still listen to the old stuff.

Oh I know. I just dont know why anyone would want to hear Jerry Only doing Danzig Karaoke. At least the Michale Graves version was actually not bad and Graves wrote plenty of new music.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

Ick McWang wrote:
Bacon wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

I thought this band ended 20 years ago

Well doyle and a few have been carrying on without wee Glenn, they sounded like shit to me, but some folks like the "danzig free" version. I still listen to the old stuff.

Oh I know. I just dont know why anyone would want to hear Jerry Only doing Danzig Karaoke. At least the Michale Graves version was actually not bad and Graves wrote plenty of new music.

I figured you knew..lol

23 (edited by u.s.c.b. 2016-09-24 22:45:05)

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

Myke Hideous i always thought would have been a full time singer after hearing some of the live boots over the years, Peter Steele was one of there first choices back in 95 but turned them down (That prolly would have  made there fans from the late 70's and early 80's not bitch so much but then what would us forum losers have to argue about? smile

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

chisox100 wrote:

But Danzig is an old man who needed to take a break for a minute or two between songs so that kept killing the mood.

No, it means he is an out of shape lard ass. Nothing wrong with that, mind you; I am out of shape as well, but that is what it is. He either drinks heavily and/or uses drugs, or just doesnt do any physical activity of any kind, ever. Probably both. Mick Jagger is like 109 years old and he doesnt need a break.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Re: Misfits/Danzig reunion

u.s.c.b. wrote:

Myke Hideous i always thought would have been a full time singer after hearing some of the live boots over the years, Peter Steele was one of there first choices back in 95 but turned them down (That prolly would have  made there fans from the late 70's and early 80's not bitch so much but then what would us forum losers have to argue about? smile

I just read today that Michale Graves had never heard of, or listened to, the Misfits until a couple days before his audition for the band. His agent got him all the essential albums, and he devoured them for days before the audition, and by all accounts was just far better than anyone else who auditioned

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif