Topic: What's on your music player?

Same ole same ole topic, lets keep it a bit more than just posting an artist and a song though. Give a little about what your listening to. Even if its just 1 sentence.

I'm giving propaghandi - failed states a spin, it's a pretty dark album, but becoming one of my favourite propaghandi albums.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Re: What's on your music player?

Been listening to the new Frank Turner album a lot... Also ex-Kyuss members spinoff Vista Chino.

I'm listening to City Saints 'kicking ass for the working class' constantly at the mo, Great Oi! Punk with a big dose of Rock n Roll / heavy rock. My one complaint is it should be 'Arse' not 'ass' in the title....I would never kick a donkey or any animal on behalf of the working class!

A VILE PRODUCT OF WELFARE UK

4 (edited by robotron 2013-08-08 12:47:14)

http://factmag-images.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/sigur-ros-kveikur-review-6.19.2013.jpg
Sigur Ros - Kveikur

Just downloaded it last night, Love it.  Great Icelandic Post-Rock as always from Sigur Ros

A storm of light-violenist sessions, Pro rock slightly instrumental side project of the band neurosis, E.p. only has three songs but is still longer than most full lengths that come out these days!

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

robotron wrote:

http://factmag-images.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/sigur-ros-kveikur-review-6.19.2013.jpg
Sigur Ros - Kveikur

Just downloaded it last night, Love it.  Great Icelandic Post-Rock as always from Sigur Ros

ok, whats post rock, I mean rock is still here isnt it? smile

"ok, whats post rock, I mean rock is still here isnt it?"

It's more uptight and relies on more guitar and drums than lyrics. the songs for most post rock bands are around the seven to ten minute mark and you'd be lucky to get maybe two minutes of singing! It's rock meets death metal would be the best way i could describe it.

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Thx for the description, I mean ive heard sigur Ros and it wasnt anything near death metal lol

"I mean ive heard sigur Ros and it wasnt anything near death metal lol"

Closer to the stoner rock i take it? Most of the post i listen to is on the side of death/metal ( Isis,neurosis,storm of light,shinbuilder,the red sparrows etc) All's well that ends well smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzIK5FaC38w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9thvHDskYvA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ufLpfSQu5g

These are my favorite post-rocks(just listened to so not to get this so far off topic)

The Godspeed song is awesome, my mate taped me that years ago. Think he put the Silver Mt Zion Orchestra on the b side....reckon you'd like them Robo, if you don't already.

A VILE PRODUCT OF WELFARE UK

I'm listing to across tundras right now, More post rock from are good friends at neurot records. This is more along the lines of the mellow side of post. T'is good because it's getting dark and they set a relaxing atmosphere for the rest of the night.

just got oi! this is streetpunk 2, it's been a revelation for me, pure quality from start to finish, especially impressed with the stomper 98 track

I'm pretty sure I've listened to Cancerslug-The Unkindest Cut nonstop since I downloaded it. It's a bit from every album they've done. It's kinda fun to hear they're progression over the years in 1 album

Belligerent 86 - Off the Wagon

I've been listing to the new melvins c.d. freak puke, Cool shit and as always has an acid like jam band sound to it.

Killer Mike - Untitled

Make do and mend - everything you ever loved, not my favourite MDAM album, but a constant grower.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

I've been drifting back and forth between Fu Manchu, Dayglo Abortions, and that new Gutter Ghouls i pulled down the other day.

((( I had to migrate to a new computer, so if you need me to re-post something, let me know. )))

Listening to Avenged Sevenfold's new album. Someone told me it was supposed to be really good but im not really getting into it.

"I pop punk, not pills"

21 (edited by u.s.c.b. 2013-08-21 02:37:25)

chisox100 wrote:

Listening to Avenged Sevenfold's new album. Someone told me it was supposed to be really good but im not really getting into it.

My buddy told me it was suppose to sound like a metallica knock off from hell, After trivium doing the same thing a few years back i thought metalcore would have learned it's lession!

Lower Class Brats - "Riot in Hyde Park"

23 (edited by chisox100 2013-08-21 06:06:57)

u.s.c.b. wrote:
chisox100 wrote:

My buddy told me it was suppose to sound like a metallica knock off from hell, After trivium doing the same thing a few years back i thought metalcore would have learned it's lession!

I've actually enjoyed everything A7X has released up to this point. Even their more radio hard rock stuff but this wannabe Metallica record is just bad.

Listening to the pop punk group The Wonder Years. I doubt anyone here would enjoy them. Musically they really aren't anything special but im absolutely in love with their lyrics. Also been listening to AFI's two new singles. Its easily the best material they've released in 10 years. Doesn't come close to their old horror punk days though

"I pop punk, not pills"

Razorburn - "Saturday Nights"

I've never been a Misfits fan in the slightest, mostly because I can't stand Danzig... But lately, man, I can't stop listening to Walk Among Us. It's just too good to deny.

I also dig Famous Monsters but I am sure longtime fans of the band will give me shit for that.