Re: What's on your music player?

xkenneyx wrote:

I also dig Famous Monsters but I am sure longtime fans of the band will give me shit for that.

I like Graves Misfits. Just shouldn't be called the Misfits.

Jerry Only's Misfits, however, are terrible.

Wouldn't expect anything less from a Raiders fan (Famous Monsters???)... present day Danzig does suck but you can't deny old school Misfits!

i'm not exactly a Danzig fan these days, but I agree with Froga....old Misfist is hard not to like in some way.  I'm actually a little surprised someone hasn't brought DubStep into this conversation already.  Hahahhahaa...  It's also funny how the "what's playing on your tunes these days" topic turned into a Glenn vs. Jerry thread by page 2.  It was only a matter of time.  KMFDM will come up next.

((( I had to migrate to a new computer, so if you need me to re-post something, let me know. )))

29 (edited by u.s.c.b. 2013-08-21 22:57:14)

Hey all right a misfits debate! I like all the neo graves fits too, his jazz like sound added an extra swing that kinda made up for the fact doyle can only really play one or two strings on his guitar ( He's even said in interviews before he's a one trick pony) I like jerry only as a singer/cover man, His song writing  is just boring as hell with no emotion what so ever!

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

Oh and also i'm listing to the new American head charge, Nu metal is back and this time it's here to stay....  Or it might fade out in a few months. (Who knows)

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

u.s.c.b. wrote:

Hey all right a misfits debate! I like all the neo graves fits too, his jazz like sound added an extra swing that kinda made up for the fact doyle can only really play one or two strings on his guitar ( He's even said in interviews before he's a one trick pony) I like jerry only as a singer/cover man, His song writing  is just boring as hell with no emotion what so ever!

Jerry Only's covers are awful. He cant hit half of Danzig's high notes and doesnt have the raspy Graves had in songs like American Psycho.

I can't believe people actually still bother to see them live. Danzig is performing Misfits covers on Friday the 13th here next month and Only's Misfits are coming through a few weeks later. I can't imagine why anyone would go see the latter so close to Danzig being here.

"I pop punk, not pills"

Actually i was talking more about the project 1950's cover disc, As for the other stuff I thought he did a very good job on static age covers and some of the newer famous monster songs when i saw them , Alot of people are just comparing what he does wrong to him not sounding just like danzig and nobody is going to sound exactly like that!

33 (edited by OiTheAria 2013-08-22 01:11:17)

cpaz5150 wrote:

It's also funny how the "what's playing on your tunes these days" topic turned into a Glenn vs. Jerry thread by page 2.

The funny thing is I have a lot more respect for Jerry than Glenn. Jerry's songs just suck is all.

Right now listening to Born to Lose - "Shades of Grey"

Chisox, I hope you actually get to see Danzig perform his Misfits covers. You know, instead of him throwing a bitchfit and conveniently stopping the show before he gets to do em.

cd in my car stereo right now has two albums on it. dan vapid and the cheats - self titled and the old comiskeys - self titled.

its poppunk what more do you expect.

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

chisox100 wrote:

I can't believe people actually still bother to see them live. Danzig is performing Misfits covers on Friday the 13th here next month and Only's Misfits are coming through a few weeks later. I can't imagine why anyone would go see the latter so close to Danzig being here.

I can't believe people bother going to either, to be honest. I did once and never again, the "misfits" were fucking terrible when I saw them and I have no time for Danzig and his bullshit. Funnily enough though, my favourite Misfits album is American Psycho which always seems to anger people.

Anyways, I just spun Lenny Lashley's new album, "Illuminator" and it's brilliant. The quicker paced punk songs and slower songs work together really well and keep your attention the whole way through. There's a sense of sincerity and passion that oozes from every track, can't get enough of it.

American Psycho is my favorite as well. Not really a fan of Famous Monsters for whatever reason.

imazombie wrote:

cd in my car stereo right now has two albums on it. dan vapid and the cheats - self titled and the old comiskeys - self titled.

The name Old Comiskeys intrigued me for obvious reasons and i really dig them. Somehow i'd never heard of them. Very Screeching Weasel-esque

"I pop punk, not pills"

chisox100 wrote:

American Psycho is my favorite as well. Not really a fan of Famous Monsters for whatever reason.

imazombie wrote:

The name Old Comiskeys intrigued me for obvious reasons and i really dig them. Somehow i'd never heard of them. Very Screeching Weasel-esque

intrigued me as well. was looking at some Cd trader site a friend of mines band has there CDs up for sale on and came across them. then noticed a song titled "plainfield sucks" and was like haha i live there. bought the albums was was surprised. great sound great tunes.

some songs remind me of the vandals

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

i heard a song from them (Old Comiskeys) somewhere before and thought it was preety rad.  Do they have any albums anybody could post up?

((( I had to migrate to a new computer, so if you need me to re-post something, let me know. )))

Legandary shack shakers-swampblood J.d. wilkes pipes sound beautiful after a beer or two and i'm a real sucker for a banjo!

cpaz5150 wrote:

i heard a song from them (Old Comiskeys) somewhere before and thought it was preety rad.  Do they have any albums anybody could post up?

i got one. somewhere. not sure on the quality though

The Beltones - On Deaf Ears

u.s.c.b. wrote:

Legandary shack shakers-swampblood J.d. wilkes pipes sound beautiful after a beer or two and i'm a real sucker for a banjo!

I'll second the Shack Shakers.  Pandelirium is where it's at.  Iron Lung Oompa is just a badass and energetic song.  Perfect for brewskis.

imazombie wrote:
cpaz5150 wrote:

i got one. somewhere. not sure on the quality though

Cool...I'll keep an eye out for a post in the future.  Thanks!

frogabilly wrote:

Wouldn't expect anything less from a Raiders fan (Famous Monsters???)... present day Danzig does suck but you can't deny old school Misfits!

Hahaha! I guess I just have impeccable taste.

In the past four days I have listened to American Psycho from start to finish three times (I am a truck driver, so it's all I do is listen to music) and I can't get into it at all, save a few songs like Dig Up Her Bones. Honestly, when it comes to the Graves stuff, I guess I like the catchier songs than the fast ones. He has such a good voice on Famous Monsters. Saturday Night is fucking rad.

I've watched a few YouTube videos of Only playing the older songs, it's not too bad, he just speeds them to make up for the fact that he can't sing them the same. I got no problem with it, probably pays his bills and when you've been living the band life for as long as he has what the fuck else is he supposed to do?

I don't hate Only singing the old stuff like a lot of people do. His originals though...not good. With the exception of the song "Black Hole" which is as good/catchy as any Graves stuff.

Desmond Dekker - Music Like Dirt

imazombie wrote:
chisox100 wrote:

imazombie wrote:

intrigued me as well. was looking at some Cd trader site a friend of mines band has there CDs up for sale on and came across them. then noticed a song titled "plainfield sucks" and was like haha i live there. bought the albums was was surprised. great sound great tunes.

Loved the "you suck" shout outs to all the SW 'burbs in that song. First song i heard was Polish Princess reminded me of my failed dating endeavors at my nearly all Polish high school haha.

"I pop punk, not pills"

The Meteors - "Eat the Baby"

Jenny Woo - My Revenge album ,not ground breaking stuff but enjoying it non the less

The Smiths - The Queen is Dead

chisox100 wrote:
imazombie wrote:
chisox100 wrote:

Loved the "you suck" shout outs to all the SW 'burbs in that song. First song i heard was Polish Princess reminded me of my failed dating endeavors at my nearly all Polish high school haha.

i grew up in the northwest suburbs [elgin st.charles] of dupage county. and after moving out here from Pittsburgh the song was spot on. i never know what fucking city im in. i have a plainfield address with two zip codes [joliet/plainfield] i can go one block in any direction and end up in 3 different towns. and the area is a big plot of nothing.