Topic: Giggigty Gig Gigs

I just got back from a show, just watched 4 local bands. Pretty awesome. Did something different and bought a gram of dmaa. I don't know if anyone else has tried that? (Gnat??) pretty weird stuff.

But anyway, what gigs have you been to? What are you going to? Everyone knows the drill by now.

Also if anyone in America has heard of the frank turner tour at the moment or is going or not sure weather to go, I recommend it. Just to see some The Smith Street band who are touring with him. Well worth it. They are from Melbourne Australia and put on a good show! Will is a legend and a friend. They are all nice guys.
-end shameless Aussie plug-

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

I've heard of it on the RC forum I go to but never been very interested to try it. Its just a mild stimulant isnt it? Perhaps a little short lasting euphoria. Sounds like a good choice for going to a show. All the good research chemicals are so hard to come by in the US right now. Actually since im pretty much broke everything is hard to come by for me right now. Frowny Face.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

Norwood wrote:

Also if anyone in America has heard of the frank turner tour at the moment or is going or not sure weather to go, I recommend it. Just to see some The Smith Street band who are touring with him. Well worth it. They are from Melbourne Australia and put on a good show! Will is a legend and a friend. They are all nice guys.
-end shameless Aussie plug-

ill be seeing frank turner the end of this month.

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

gnat wrote:

I've heard of it on the RC forum I go to but never been very interested to try it. Its just a mild stimulant isnt it? Perhaps a little short lasting euphoria. Sounds like a good choice for going to a show. All the good research chemicals are so hard to come by in the US right now. Actually since im pretty much broke everything is hard to come by for me right now. Frowny Face.

Kratom would be the best mild stimulant you can still get in the US. I'll open up a drug thread sometime soon and talk more about it.

imazombie wrote:

ill be seeing frank turner the end of this month.

Vic Theater on the 29th? I'm gonna be there.

Last show was Riot Fest about a month ago, next show is Streetlight Manifesto this Saturday. Im not a hardcore fan but since its apparently their last tour so im tagging along with some friends who love the band.

"I pop punk, not pills"

5 (edited by imazombie 2013-10-10 18:07:59)

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

chisox100 wrote:
imazombie wrote:

ill be seeing frank turner the end of this month.

Vic Theater on the 29th? I'm gonna be there.

Last show was Riot Fest about a month ago, next show is Streetlight Manifesto this Saturday. Im not a hardcore fan but since its apparently their last tour so im tagging along with some friends who love the band.

right on

i wanted to go to that cause of the  last tour thing but conflicting schedule ehhh oh well. i used to be big into them a few years back but not so much these days. im kinda with you there.


  are you going to nofx in december?

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

just caught two awesome shows over the weekend....on saturday i saw The Queers with Teenage Bottlerocket and The Copyrights....then on Sunday i saw Hank III.....coming soon is going to be the Subhumans.......then Streetlight Manifesto (although I won't be able to make this one, damnit).  Nekromantix are playing in November but I am going to be across the country at the time, so i'm really bummed about that one.

((( I had to migrate to a new computer, so if you need me to re-post something, let me know. )))

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

Nice! I actually just saw Frank in Denver last night and it was the shiiiiit!! I wasn't actually expecting them to be as good live as they were. I mean, all I've heard are good things but now I can finally say good things too! Great crowd, and I won't spoil anything but the show had one of the best closers I've ever heard at a concert. Awesome stuff. And the Smith Street Band was really good, too. Everyone on stage seemed to be really excited to be here and it really rubbed off in the atmosphere.

Next show is Streetlight in three weeks. It being their last tour, go if you can. Do it for me, but most of all yourself. You won't regret it.

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

Dmaa is that like mdma for dyslexics..or me:/

Am supposed to be going to harrogate blues bar saturday but will have to see.

9 (edited by chisox100 2013-10-11 01:19:12)

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

imazombie wrote:
chisox100 wrote:
imazombie wrote:

ill be seeing frank turner the end of this month.

Vic Theater on the 29th? I'm gonna be there.

Last show was Riot Fest about a month ago, next show is Streetlight Manifesto this Saturday. Im not a hardcore fan but since its apparently their last tour so im tagging along with some friends who love the band.

right on

i wanted to go to that cause of the  last tour thing but conflicting schedule ehhh oh well. i used to be big into them a few years back but not so much these days. im kinda with you there.


  are you going to nofx in december?

I was originally going to see Senses Fail in Joliet Saturday but upon learning to was Streetlight's last show I changed plans. Even though SF is one of my favorites they come around at least once a year so i'll be missing them for the first time since I was 15.

Most likely won't be at NOFX. Its the week before I have final exams so i'll probably be busy. But there's a slim chance i'll make it. Only seem them at Riot Fest so I can imagine its a better show at an actual venue.

"I pop punk, not pills"

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

I have press passes for pre-FEST in Ybor City FL, the official opening "show" for the "real" FEST. Not sure how that is gonna work out. For Warped Tour, it was weird. We were in a fenced off area, backstage, but with handlers routing us interviews. As soon as we were done with one, they would be like, "ok, we have so and so available, are you guys ready?" and on and on it went. Didn't really see the general admission view of anything really.

I have a feeling it will be different at the pre-FEST.

NOFX is coming through Orlando soon, but I think I have to pass this time. I've seen them about a dozen times, and the drive to Orlando is a bitch, and it's on a worknight, and my license is suspended, so no thanks.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

cpaz5150 wrote:

just caught two awesome shows over the weekend....on saturday i saw The Queers with Teenage Bottlerocket and The Copyrights....then on Sunday i saw Hank III.....coming soon is going to be the Subhumans.......then Streetlight Manifesto (although I won't be able to make this one, damnit).  Nekromantix are playing in November but I am going to be across the country at the time, so i'm really bummed about that one.

How are the copyrights? ANy good?

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

yeah....in fact, I think i took more of a liking to them at a live event....(cheap beer always helps sway decisions though).  Their sound live reminded me more of Dear Landlord, which i really dig.  All in all it was a good show.  I was more pissed off that the show was advertised as THE QUEERS w/teenage bottlerocket and the copyrights....yet The Queers actually opened up for Teenage Bottlerocket.  I was REALLY there for The Queers, so that relaly upset me.  They were amazing, even though they only got 20-30 minutes.

((( I had to migrate to a new computer, so if you need me to re-post something, let me know. )))

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

chisox100 wrote:

I was originally going to see Senses Fail in Joliet Saturday but upon learning to was Streetlight's last show I changed plans. Even though SF is one of my favorites they come around at least once a year so i'll be missing them for the first time since I was 15.

Most likely won't be at NOFX. Its the week before I have final exams so i'll probably be busy. But there's a slim chance i'll make it. Only seem them at Riot Fest so I can imagine its a better show at an actual venue.


its the day before my birthday and well figured id go see them anyway. ive traveled to 3 different states to see nofx. they have only played one show where i was just so bored with them. but it might be fun. not a big fan of the HOB though.


Bacon wrote:

How are the copyrights? ANy good?


its been a few years since i caught them but they put on such a badass show.  i realize the question wasnt directed at me but just sayin

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

imazombie wrote:

its the day before my birthday and well figured id go see them anyway. ive traveled to 3 different states to see nofx. they have only played one show where i was just so bored with them. but it might be fun. not a big fan of the HOB though.

I hate the House of Blues. I don't understand how punk bands can justify play there considering its corporate owned when there's The Metro, Concord and Vic of equal size and independently owned. Corporate ties aside its still a pretty shitty venue.

"I pop punk, not pills"

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

Just been to mostly local gigs lately. Last band I saw was Black Cat Attack from Oshawa. Last big show I went to was Dropkick Murphys in Toronto on September 15th. Coming up I don't have much besides my band's own gigs. I'll probably go see the Creepshow when they're here in November.

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

chisox100 wrote:
imazombie wrote:

its the day before my birthday and well figured id go see them anyway. ive traveled to 3 different states to see nofx. they have only played one show where i was just so bored with them. but it might be fun. not a big fan of the HOB though.

I hate the House of Blues. I don't understand how punk bands can justify play there considering its corporate owned when there's The Metro, Concord and Vic of equal size and independently owned. Corporate ties aside its still a pretty shitty venue.


i always hated the wavey floor.  also HOB is the only venu i have been kicked out off. actually that was at a nofx show too.

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

imazombie wrote:
chisox100 wrote:
imazombie wrote:

its the day before my birthday and well figured id go see them anyway. ive traveled to 3 different states to see nofx. they have only played one show where i was just so bored with them. but it might be fun. not a big fan of the HOB though.

I hate the House of Blues. I don't understand how punk bands can justify play there considering its corporate owned when there's The Metro, Concord and Vic of equal size and independently owned. Corporate ties aside its still a pretty shitty venue.


i always hated the wavey floor.  also HOB is the only venu i have been kicked out off. actually that was at a nofx show too.

The thing i hate most about the HOB is its too small for the amount of people they cram in there. At Streetlight last night there was no room for good skanking or circle pitting because everyone on the ground floor was packed in like sardines. How'd you get kicked out? I've never had/seen anyone have an issue with their security before.

"I pop punk, not pills"

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

chisox100 wrote:
imazombie wrote:
chisox100 wrote:

I hate the House of Blues. I don't understand how punk bands can justify play there considering its corporate owned when there's The Metro, Concord and Vic of equal size and independently owned. Corporate ties aside its still a pretty shitty venue.


i always hated the wavey floor.  also HOB is the only venu i have been kicked out off. actually that was at a nofx show too.

The thing i hate most about the HOB is its too small for the amount of people they cram in there. At Streetlight last night there was no room for good skanking or circle pitting because everyone on the ground floor was packed in like sardines. How'd you get kicked out? I've never had/seen anyone have an issue with their security before.


not even sure why. i went up to one security guy after the show. i said to him, "hey thank you so much for your job tonight that shit [crowd surfers] can get annoying as fuck but was it really necessary to punch that kid in the back of the head?"

as soon as i finished my words he put me into a head lock and i was thrown through the side doors stage left. needless to say i was pissed  and started to fight back. we were broken up but other security and guys and they let me back in. i went on my merry way over near the bathrooms/merch. same dude comes walking past me again muggin me down. me being the smartass i am egg him on telling him how badass he must feel with his special yellow shirt.

that was when he took his shirt off and announced to me he had just clocked out not on the job now and came at me. he swang and i tried to dodge as the guy clipped my ear. i swang and was immediately grab by a big old black man that repeating telling me it anit worth.

we get outside and i explain to him what had happened. ear is bleeding and im ready to call the police. guy ended up paying me off [100 bucks] to not call the police and file a report. i took the money. and left.

in the whole struggle i was left with a torn shirt, bloody ear, and 100 bucks.  i wasnt even mad.

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

Fuck his money, i would have probably pissed on him when he wasnt looking and given him a wedgie!

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

Norwood wrote:

Fuck his money, i would have probably pissed on him when he wasnt looking and given him a wedgie!

hahaha tongue

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

imazombie wrote:
chisox100 wrote:
imazombie wrote:

i always hated the wavey floor.  also HOB is the only venu i have been kicked out off. actually that was at a nofx show too.

The thing i hate most about the HOB is its too small for the amount of people they cram in there. At Streetlight last night there was no room for good skanking or circle pitting because everyone on the ground floor was packed in like sardines. How'd you get kicked out? I've never had/seen anyone have an issue with their security before.


not even sure why. i went up to one security guy after the show. i said to him, "hey thank you so much for your job tonight that shit [crowd surfers] can get annoying as fuck but was it really necessary to punch that kid in the back of the head?"

as soon as i finished my words he put me into a head lock and i was thrown through the side doors stage left. needless to say i was pissed  and started to fight back. we were broken up but other security and guys and they let me back in. i went on my merry way over near the bathrooms/merch. same dude comes walking past me again muggin me down. me being the smartass i am egg him on telling him how badass he must feel with his special yellow shirt.

that was when he took his shirt off and announced to me he had just clocked out not on the job now and came at me. he swang and i tried to dodge as the guy clipped my ear. i swang and was immediately grab by a big old black man that repeating telling me it anit worth.

we get outside and i explain to him what had happened. ear is bleeding and im ready to call the police. guy ended up paying me off [100 bucks] to not call the police and file a report. i took the money. and left.

in the whole struggle i was left with a torn shirt, bloody ear, and 100 bucks.  i wasnt even mad.

Damn thats some bullshit...ever had problems with the security at The Congress? I've had them try to steal my phone, i've been uncomfortably felt up during a supposed "pat down" and back when i smoked they opened my pack and broke a cig open to check for weed. Im glad the place is shutdown i hope it doesn't get reopened like theyre hoping.

"I pop punk, not pills"

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

^ That's the good thing about being older, can't remember the last time security gave me any shit
Missed Culture Shock last week due to retaking my FLT test the next morning, didn't want to fail because I reeked of beer sad
2 Sick Monkeys next week, my mates band are supporting them but they've just sacked their guitarist and the singer walked out in sympathy, I told him they're gonna look like a tribute band with just the two of them. he asked me to step in but I've never jammed with the band, just the bass player, and I only like to make a twat of myself on a smaller scale.
Nick Cave at the end of the month, looking forward to that fucker big_smile

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

chisox100 wrote:

Damn thats some bullshit...ever had problems with the security at The Congress? I've had them try to steal my phone, i've been uncomfortably felt up during a supposed "pat down" and back when i smoked they opened my pack and broke a cig open to check for weed. Im glad the place is shutdown i hope it doesn't get reopened like theyre hoping.


fuck the congress. i hated that piece of shit venu and so glad its gone.  ive had so many problems with congress.  it sounds like mud. ruddest event staff is hired. and outright lies of saying shows were sold out when they were no where near sold out. i have also had a friend die at the congress. fuck that shitty place i hope it never returns.


Guana wrote:

^ That's the good thing about being older, can't remember the last time security gave me any shit
Missed Culture Shock last week due to retaking my FLT test the next morning, didn't want to fail because I reeked of beer sad
2 Sick Monkeys next week, my mates band are supporting them but they've just sacked their guitarist and the singer walked out in sympathy, I told him they're gonna look like a tribute band with just the two of them. he asked me to step in but I've never jammed with the band, just the bass player, and I only like to make a twat of myself on a smaller scale.
Nick Cave at the end of the month, looking forward to that fucker big_smile


nowadays they dont bother me. i rarely "mosh" or whatever it is that these fucking kids call a pit these days. i like getting early getting a spot in front on the rail and enjoy they show.  actually tend to have conversations with them too. you start to see a lot of the same guys at shows/fests and they remember me.

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

Guana wrote:

^ That's the good thing about being older, can't remember the last time security gave me any shit

Damn...you're lucky. I still get anal probed anytime I go to a gig because of the bracelets I wear. And in certain venues here they will refuse to serve you beer if you don't show your I.D....even when you're 44.

Anyways, recently I saw The Real Mckenzies + the Go Set which was really good. Also saw the Cult recently, and coming up have Wednesday 13  and The misfits in January. Other than that not much else happening down here is Oz.

MY BOOTLEG DVD TRADE SITE
http://kimo13.webs.com/

25 (edited by chisox100 2013-10-17 17:37:41)

Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

imazombie wrote:

fuck the congress. i hated that piece of shit venu and so glad its gone.  ive had so many problems with congress.  it sounds like mud. ruddest event staff is hired. and outright lies of saying shows were sold out when they were no where near sold out. i have also had a friend die at the congress. fuck that shitty place i hope it never returns.

Lying about sellouts? I've had experience with them doing the opposite and overpacking the place. Back in April I saw A Day to Remember there and a good 200 people couldn't even fit on the ground floor and had to listen from the lobby.

My next show is Voodoo Glow Skulls/The Toasters next Friday. Second time seeing The Toasters, they're always a great time.

kimo wrote:

The misfits in January.

They're playing here this Sunday. Got offered free admission from a friend who works for the production company putting the show on. I watched a few videos of Jerry Only singing old Misfits songs and decided to pass.

"I pop punk, not pills"