Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

kimo wrote:
Guana wrote:

^ That's the good thing about being older, can't remember the last time security gave me any shit

Damn...you're lucky. I still get anal probed anytime I go to a gig because of the bracelets I wear. And in certain venues here they will refuse to serve you beer if you don't show your I.D....even when you're 44.

So where can I buy these bracelets then? wink
I still get the odd pat down now and then but I don't take it personally, I feel it's more a formality than being deliberately targeted. I used to go up town to Rockworld a few years back and was always one of the oldest there, the bouncers were a bunch of violent arseholes who'd wait for you to buy a drink at last orders, give you 10 seconds to drink it then rip it out of your hands after 5, they didn't hassle me though with so many easy targets knocking about, probably knew I'd fuck 'em up if they did tongue

Anyway, not so much a gig but I've just got back from Chorlton Irish Club, John Robb was interviewing Brad Warner, the Bass player from Zero Defex. 80's hardcore band from Ohio, now a Zen Priest but a thoroughly nice guy, went to see Kunt and the Gang a couple of years back with him and a few mates, nice to meet someone who's totally into something like that without being in-yer-face about it. Interesting evening anyway, he even did an acoustic version of the old hit "Drop the A-bomb", all 18 seconds of it. Picked up a bit of interesting literature while I was there, can't see it changing my life but it looks a good read.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

i miss being in a band...a good one anyway sad. Houston has a shit scene for what i'm into and most of the times I'm broke. The next thing we do have is Avenged Sevenfold and I just don't wanna go to that shit show. That and I don't have any friends, it's a personal choice.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

chisox100 wrote:
imazombie wrote:

fuck the congress. i hated that piece of shit venu and so glad its gone.  ive had so many problems with congress.  it sounds like mud. ruddest event staff is hired. and outright lies of saying shows were sold out when they were no where near sold out. i have also had a friend die at the congress. fuck that shitty place i hope it never returns.

Lying about sellouts? I've had experience with them doing the opposite and overpacking the place. Back in April I saw A Day to Remember there and a good 200 people couldn't even fit on the ground floor and had to listen from the lobby.

My next show is Voodoo Glow Skulls/The Toasters next Friday. Second time seeing The Toasters, they're always a great time.

kimo wrote:

The misfits in January.

They're playing here this Sunday. Got offered free admission from a friend who works for the production company putting the show on. I watched a few videos of Jerry Only singing old Misfits songs and decided to pass.

where the toasters playing? id love to see that!

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

I watched a few videos of Jerry Only singing old Misfits songs and decided to pass.

Yep. Dear Jerry, just stop. Its sad.

imazombie wrote:

where the toasters playing? id love to see that!

They're at Reggies this friday opening for Voodoo Glow Skulls. I'm about 50-50 on going or not now. Don't have a whole lot of money so i'm hoping my old boss from when I worked at Reggies can get me in.

"I pop punk, not pills"

I just saw RVIVR and man they killed it and to make it even better they had a music video after the show. and so we got to all be a part of a music video it was so freaking awesome! the band members are really great people i got to talk with the girl that sings  and she is so wonderful. ahh i am so freaking stoked still.

Im going to watch joey cape this weekend, its his tribute for tony sly tour thing. Hes actually coming to tassie and one of my good mates is supporting, going to be a good bit of fun.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Went to see Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds tonight, fuckin awesome.
It took a while for his latest album to grow on me but hearing the tracks live was something else, had a blast.
Massive bonus that Barry Adamson's back in the band, two of my all time favourites on stage together.
Took my lad with us, his first gig, he was beaming all night, I'm still buzzing. big_smile

Boomtown Rats are playing Friday, not arsed about seeing them but Patrik Fitzgerald's supposed to be supporting, gigs sold out though and I'm not sure i want to pay tout prices to watch a support act that the crowd will probably talk through. We'll see what's what Friday.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Saw Frank Turner a few days ago. First time seeing him headline and it was awesome. Dissapointed I missed the openers though, my ticket lied to me about the time the show started...

Potentially seeing Gwar a week from Saturday. Depends on my schoolwork load. If that doesn't work out my next show will be Less Than Jake/Anti-Flag/Masked Intruder on Nov 16th at a brand new venue that just opened up so that'll be cool.

"I pop punk, not pills"

chisox100 wrote:

Saw Frank Turner a few days ago. First time seeing him headline and it was awesome. Dissapointed I missed the openers though, my ticket lied to me about the time the show started...

Potentially seeing Gwar a week from Saturday. Depends on my schoolwork load. If that doesn't work out my next show will be Less Than Jake/Anti-Flag/Masked Intruder on Nov 16th at a brand new venue that just opened up so that'll be cool.

koo koo kangaroo confused me so much. smith street band was bad asss. turner was awesome. im gonna try to make that gwar show if i can get outta work.  i wanted to go to that LTJ/AF show but ill be stuck working since its suppose to be one of our high volume days this holiday.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

streetlight manifesto TONIGHT!!

imazombie wrote:
chisox100 wrote:

koo koo kangaroo confused me so much. smith street band was bad asss. turner was awesome. im gonna try to make that gwar show if i can get outta work.  i wanted to go to that LTJ/AF show but ill be stuck working since its suppose to be one of our high volume days this holiday.

I heard Smith Street Band was good. I was bummed to miss them.

Also looks like im gonna be at Alkaline Trio/New Found Glory/H2O next week. Not too thrilled its at the Aragon but i've missed Alk3's last couple shows and i've never seen H2O before so i'm gonna go. NFG will be a fun time too. Saw them play a really small secret show last year and it was actually a great time.

"I pop punk, not pills"

chisox100 wrote:

Also looks like im gonna be at Alkaline Trio/New Found Glory/H2O next week. Not too thrilled its at the Aragon but i've missed Alk3's last couple shows and i've never seen H2O before so i'm gonna go. NFG will be a fun time too. Saw them play a really small secret show last year and it was actually a great time.

Yea smith street are great, well worth a watch if you get a chance.

Id love to see alkaline trio, they have always been a pretty huge part in my music life from when godammit was released. Not a favourite band but one i keep going back to.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Norwood wrote:
chisox100 wrote:

Id love to see alkaline trio, they have always been a pretty huge part in my music life from when godammit was released. Not a favourite band but one i keep going back to.

being from chicago land i have seen them so much through out the years. most there shows out here end up selling out quick.

last time i saw them was at riot fest a few years back.  best time i saw them was in 2004. if you ever get the chance do go see them.

I missed both shows at The Metro back in May because they sold out months in advanced. Really pissed me off cause the set list was phenomenal at both shows and Bayside/Off With Their Heads were opening.

Norwood wrote:
chisox100 wrote:

My only problem with them is their discography is so deep and diverse there's no guarantee you're gonna get stuff you like at a live show. Above all i'm a fan of everything from about '97-01 and '08-present. Unfortunetly their set list on this current tour is just about everything in between. Doesn't look like Radio is even in the set list sad
Same thing happened at Riot Fest '12, they played maybe 2 or 3 songs I liked.

"I pop punk, not pills"

chisox100 wrote:

I missed both shows at The Metro back in May because they sold out months in advanced. Really pissed me off cause the set list was phenomenal at both shows and Bayside/Off With Their Heads were opening.

Norwood wrote:
chisox100 wrote:

My only problem with them is their discography is so deep and diverse there's no guarantee you're gonna get stuff you like at a live show. Above all i'm a fan of everything from about '97-01 and '08-present. Unfortunetly their set list on this current tour is just about everything in between. Doesn't look like Radio is even in the set list sad
Same thing happened at Riot Fest '12, they played maybe 2 or 3 songs I liked.

riot fest 09 and 12 were probably some of the worst sets i have ever heard

I saw them while they were supporting "This Addiction" in 2010. The set list was unreal. It was almost entirely stuff off of "Maybe I'll Catch Fire" and "This Addiction"

I personally love This Addiction even though most people seem to regard it as their weakest.

"I pop punk, not pills"

Nothing beats from here to infirmary in my opinion, there new album is pretty horrible, that broken wing EP shat all over it.

^ here here

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

I really liked My Shame is True but From Here to Infirmary was better. Private Eye has always been one of my favorites.

...actually now that i think about it I liked the first 8 tracks of My Shame...and the rest was really weak.

"I pop punk, not pills"

That she lied she lied to the FBI song is so annoying in my opinion, there are a couple of okay ones on there but its not the alkaline trio i like.

I think its time to create an Alkaline Trio thread. We've hijacked this one enough...

"I pop punk, not pills"

hey chisox100, you by any chance going to the bollweevils/88 finger louie show in december?

imazombie wrote:

hey chisox100, you by any chance going to the bollweevils/88 finger louie show in december?

Unfortunately no. Same goes for The Lawrence Arms New Years Eve show. I'll be seeing Street Dogs on Dec 14th most likely though.

"I pop punk, not pills"

chisox100 wrote:

Unfortunately no. Same goes for The Lawrence Arms New Years Eve show. I'll be seeing Street Dogs on Dec 14th most likely though.

UGH...i've been dying to see Street Dogs and they've been here at least 3 times, maybe. Each GODDAMN time i miss them -sad face-.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"