Re: Giggigty Gig Gigs

stiff little fingers last night ...never again ,sick of paying high ticket prices for a shit half hearted performance

lizard wrote:

stiff little fingers last night ...never again ,sick of paying high ticket prices for a shit half hearted performance

That's disappointing, i've always been somewhat looking forward to they day they play a show over here.

Saw Less Than Jake/Anti-Flag/Masked Intruder last night. One of the best all around shows i've been to in a while. Masked Intruder was the highlight hands down. Brendan Kelly from The Lawrence Arms came out on stage and did a couple random stages dives during LTJ's set which was pretty entertaining.

"I pop punk, not pills"

chisox100 wrote:

Saw Less Than Jake/Anti-Flag/Masked Intruder last night. One of the best all around shows i've been to in a while. Masked Intruder was the highlight hands down. Brendan Kelly from The Lawrence Arms came out on stage and did a couple random stages dives during LTJ's set which was pretty entertaining.

Cool. I'm gonna be at that show this Saturday.

chisox100 wrote:
lizard wrote:

That's disappointing, i've always been somewhat looking forward to they day they play a show over here.

If you just want to hear the songs live it might be worth it for you, they're competent enough but don't really throw themselves into it anymore.
If you want to see a bunch of overweight greedy bastards more interested in plugging their merchandise on stage then you're in for a treat.
I felt exactly the same as Lizard last time I saw them, the only reason I went was because Mrs Guana hadn't seen them before (she won't be fuckin seeing them again though)

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Guana wrote:

If you just want to hear the songs live it might be worth it for you, they're competent enough but don't really throw themselves into it anymore.
If you want to see a bunch of overweight greedy bastards more interested in plugging their merchandise on stage then you're in for a treat.
I felt exactly the same as Lizard last time I saw them, the only reason I went was because Mrs Guana hadn't seen them before (she won't be fuckin seeing them again though)

that about sums it up apart from my wife told me not to go see'em again cause i moaned enuff the last time

Guana wrote:
chisox100 wrote:
lizard wrote:

Thats too bad. Last time I saw em was in DC at the Blackcat, they were on the 30th anniversary of the Inflammable Material release..(or was it 35?) anyway, they put on an amazing show.. I bet Jake still wears that black shirt with the flames on it to every gig lol.

He does still wear that shirt haha, and they were great when they played Austin.

Last time I saw them (last year) he was wearing an SLF tour shirt which was available at the merch stall for only 60 quid (as he informed us twice)
As I said, if you only want to hear the music they're ok, but when you grow up listening to an angry protest band then pay 30 quid to see a bunch of fat money grubbing cunts who just throw in an occasional rehearsed anti-government sentiment because they know it makes the crowd cheer, you're bound to feel ripped off.

Fuckin sex pistols mad

Bacon wrote:
Guana wrote:
chisox100 wrote:

Thats too bad. Last time I saw em was in DC at the Blackcat, they were on the 30th anniversary of the Inflammable Material release..(or was it 35?) anyway, they put on an amazing show.. I bet Jake still wears that black shirt with the flames on it to every gig lol.

I just saw Rvivr at the black cat. whre you from bacon?

just back from china drum ...great gig ,well on form and better than ever.

tomorrow night
http://www.hullgigguide.co.uk/images/listings/1274_fullsize.jpg

Acid Drop are well worth a fiver of anyones money.

Fuckin sex pistols mad

Guana wrote:

Acid Drop are well worth a fiver of anyones money.

I second that

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/31301487f8ab27f782865d6067fcb751/tumblr_n08rluPJpl1qb61sjo1_400.jpg

Got this one coming up soon, seen the smithies hundreds of times but cant wait to see the menzingers, they are definitely one of my favourite bands over the last 3-4 years.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Off With Their Heads next Friday.  It'll be my 7th time seeing them and its their final tour before an indefinite hiatus. I'll be sad to see one of my favorite bands gone for a while but i'm sure as hell glad they existed in the first place. That band has gotten me through a lot.

Oh and Dropkick Murphys on the 23rd big_smile

"I pop punk, not pills"

Norwood wrote:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/31301487f8ab27f782865d6067fcb751/tumblr_n08rluPJpl1qb61sjo1_400.jpg

Got this one coming up soon, seen the smithies hundreds of times but cant wait to see the menzingers, they are definitely one of my favourite bands over the last 3-4 years.

I've seen the menzingers a few times I dont think you'll be disappointed.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

gnat wrote:

[

I've seen the menzingers a few times I dont think you'll be disappointed.

same here, its a good time. especially if the venue doesnt rush them, they will put on a long show

Awesome, im seeing them twice, i know one of the venues that i frequent often wont rush them and wont care if they play for a few hours if they wanted too, so that should be good. Im really looking forward to it.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Apparently I missed Amon Amarth and Behemoth...this greatly displeases me. But hey, at least we get Saving Abel roll.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Changed my mind about Rebellion and ordered tickets, wasn't going to go but I can't pass up the chance of seeing Zero Boys and Culture Shock, my usual digs are fully booked which I'm gutted about, some twat must have blabbed online because the landlord said all his rooms just went overnight, I've been going there for years and kept my mouth shut about the place on these forums just to avoid that happening.
Anyway, staying just down the road so I'll pop up for a drink with the guy, maybe book for next year while I'm there.

While I was online I ordered tickets for this as well

http://louderthanwar.com/wp-content/uploads/NWC-11.png

Charlies 70th, wouldn't miss it for the world, all dayer, hopefully with pass-outs, last time I went to the Ritz I had to queue for half an hour to get out into a corralled off area of the pavement for a smoke, they let one out for every one that came back in, missed the start of the second band, which didn't really matter as it was The Damned, but don't want to miss any of this line-up.
Might get an E-cig

Fuckin sex pistols mad

Guana wrote:

http://louderthanwar.com/wp-content/uploads/NWC-11.png

Charlies 70th, wouldn't miss it for the world, all dayer, hopefully with pass-outs, last time I went to the Ritz I had to queue for half an hour to get out into a corralled off area of the pavement for a smoke, they let one out for every one that came back in, missed the start of the second band, which didn't really matter as it was The Damned, but don't want to miss any of this line-up.
Might get an E-cig

might be at that one myself ,depending on work stuff

after reading mel's post, doesn't sound like the exploited will be there, since wattie had himself a heart attack

Just saw the menzingers and off with their heads. The menzingers killed it. Compltely killed it

Fuck yea. That makes me happy. I can't wait!

Apparently Cerebral ballzy are playing here coming up, anyone seen them before? Ive heard a few tracks from them, and like the sound, lo-fi old school sound. Off! and Noi!se are touring soon but probably wont come to my corner of cracker-ville. *sigh*