Topic: General Help Shit

So is anyone else having to re log on every time they go on this site when now using ios7?

It's pretty annoying, even if I hit remember me it forgets and I have to sign in every time. I never had to with the old iPhone version.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

Re: General Help Shit

ill try later. I just realised ive never logged on from my phone.

Yea on my phone usually I never ever had to log out no matter what, now whenever I just get out of it for even a minute or so it logs me out. It's only since I updated my iPhone. Pretty annoying.

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

4 (edited by cpaz5150 2013-10-14 15:32:22)

nope...i've been using iOS7 since it's initial release weks ago and I pipe in through my phone all the time with no issues.  I do have to input the security question again from time to time....it's funny, i've had to type it out enough that it remembers Jello and the Pistols as i start typing them, so autocomplete takes over every time.

((( I had to migrate to a new computer, so if you need me to re-post something, let me know. )))

I have the new ios7 on my ipad and ive had no problems at all.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Okay... Any suggestions anyone? It's getting pretty frustrating.

Call customer service and bitch someone out

POS customer service?

I'd get a strange speaking English guy from Leeds? I'd come out more confused than ever. We'd have to take donations for my phone bill also. I reckon it would be a banger of a convo though!

Well if you rings me i havent a fecking scooby. My android does it but just think of it as added in security it stops kids having access to your nudity lol.

Ha ha, no worries Howling, ill keep my phone calls in Australia for now then.
Yea well maybe thats a bonus but theres probably a fair few photos on my phone i wouldnt want anyone to see, let alone kids. My friends and myself get up to a fair bit of weird shit.

Anyway, another question, i have a PS3 super slim thing, and it only has 12gb of storage, now im wondering how easy is it to buy a bigger harddrive and replace it. and if i can do pretty easily. Is there a easy way to copy the game save datas to the new harddrive of the smaller ones?

I found out what the log out problem was if anyone cares, I was in private mode on safari or something. I don't remember ever turning it on but oh well, it's fixed now.

huh....good job Norwood.  You have officially earned your Dell tech support gold star for the week.  We will all now be inquiring directly with you when something on our computers goes wonky.  Thanks man.

((( I had to migrate to a new computer, so if you need me to re-post something, let me know. )))

i cant use this site on my phone, when it comes up its all blank, white, with the site really tiny in the corner, have to double click that to open it, then when i click to look in a thread i can see peoples details and pics but nothing theyve written

its android

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

Android what? New or old
Should say in
Settings
About phone/device

Howling wrote:

Android what? New or old
Should say in
Settings
About phone/device

errrrrrm

no idea what shizzle that is, icecream jellybean bobbar or whatever

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

is there a list of blacklisted clients here?  couldn't find one.  I'm using the newest version of Vuze.   Not cleared a few trackers.

condescend |ˌkändəˈsend|
verb [ no obj. ]
show feelings of superiority; be patronizing: take care not to condescend to your reader.
• do something in a haughty way, as though it is below one's dignity or level of importance: we'll be waiting for twenty minutes before she condescends to appear.

Righto guys & Girls...

My current laptop is about 3 or more years old, and it turns off all the time now from overheating when its sitting around even when its not doing anything, i even have one of those little usb fan base things underneath it. I need to get a new laptop and im wondering,

a) Whats a good laptop for me to use/get? Mac? Windows? I don't really know much about computers. I do interwebs, torrenting, tiny bit of gaming, music, and some dvd burning and editing.

b) Is there anyway i can copy my torrents across from one laptop to the other without having to re do them all, will it be just a case of copying the torrent and files then pointing the torrent file thing in there direction again to start seeding?

c) For all of my music i just have one folder called Music, then artists under that, then albums under that, some of the files have been torrented, and some have been purchased, and some have come as download cards when i have purchased albums, as the download cards wont work anymore, and i don't have them anymore, will these files still copy across to a hard drive, and if they do will they be protected or something or should all my music be able to be copied to an external and then copied back onto a new computer?

This question above still stands too by the way ^

Next one though, has anyone else encountered cinavia yet when playing movies on PS3? Its been going on for a couple of years now but seemingly getting more common, ive always done the move the time forward an hour or a year or something. Then it seems to go okay for another half hour or so. So it isn't too annoying, but is there a better way, without connecting my laptop/computer up the the TV with and HDMI or using a media server. I like having my hard drive just plugged into the ps3 and being able to run straight from that. If there's no way its not to big of a deal, its only every half hour or so but it does get a little frustrating sometimes.

Norwood wrote:

a) Whats a good laptop for me to use/get? Mac? Windows? I don't really know much about computers. I do interwebs, torrenting, tiny bit of gaming, music, and some dvd burning and editing.

Do you need a laptop? Unless you really need a laptop, I would say go with a desktop and then get a tablet/netbook/kindle/whatever for portable use.  As you've probably already experienced laptops are expensive, and are far less reliable and wear out a lot faster.  You can get twice the processing power on a desktop for half of the price.  That being said if you are committed to a laptop, I would say get a windows pc, Macs are really really useful for multimedia stuff, if you're doing graphic design or something along those lines, HOWEVER, having one if you're not using it for these uses is just throwing away money, since they are quite expensive.  In terms of a suggestion, really you have to do your own research.

Norwood wrote:

b) Is there anyway i can copy my torrents across from one laptop to the other without having to re do them all, will it be just a case of copying the torrent and files then pointing the torrent file thing in there direction again to start seeding?

I'm not 100% sure about this but they should have the passkeys embeded in them so all you need to do is save them in a folder, then transfer that to the new one.

Norwood wrote:

c) For all of my music i just have one folder called Music, then artists under that, then albums under that, some of the files have been torrented, and some have been purchased, and some have come as download cards when i have purchased albums, as the download cards wont work anymore, and i don't have them anymore, will these files still copy across to a hard drive, and if they do will they be protected or something or should all my music be able to be copied to an external and then copied back onto a new computer?

You should be good, I'm not exactly sure how DRM works but yeah everything that wasn't purchased will definitely be good.

its happened to me, you gotta clear all your cache and cookies and shit to fix it....

21 (edited by Norwood 2014-03-23 10:59:55)

I forgot to say thanks for your reply too Robo & BJ! Much appreciated!

Anyone having issues with the read/unread markers on the left side of the main forum index? They show up as unread or new posts or whatever, but then when you look theres nothing new at all. It seems to be pretty random as to when it does it. I can go and click mark all read, but then come back and see stuff marked unread that ive already read..if that makes sense.

Not a big deal whatsoever but just letting someone know if it is some sort of glitch.

Quick question,

I have downloaded a couple of albums recently the same way i have been doing for years and keeping them in my U torrent, not changing the file or anything, and the seeding box keeps going from Red to green randomly. Im sure this conversation might have come up before but i cant remember if there was an outcome. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

https://veuwer.com/i/3fsa.png

These are the ones I'm having errors on and all the same error. What kind of errors are you getting?

everything is fine on my end... still problems or no?

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif