Topic: Hardcore scene veterans to meet, discuss which pop punk bands are...

smile

http://thehardtimes.net/2016/07/23/hard … -get-pass/

Re: Hardcore scene veterans to meet, discuss which pop punk bands are...

Haha

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Re: Hardcore scene veterans to meet, discuss which pop punk bands are...

That's pretty funny

And the fact that my daughter listens to all those bands in that whiteboard picture list makes it even more hilarious to me

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif
Thanks: Bacon1

4 (edited by chisox100 2016-07-24 22:15:34)

Re: Hardcore scene veterans to meet, discuss which pop punk bands are...

Ick McWang wrote:

That's pretty funny

And the fact that my daughter listens to all those bands in that whiteboard picture list makes it even more hilarious to me

I went to high school with Knuckle Puck and ive seen them live a dozen times. Super cool guys and good music.

In terms of having incredible DIY networks across the country, this style of "pop punk" (or easy-revival as a lot of people are now calling it) is definitely on par with punk and hardcore. Stylistically though its a very far stretch from being true punk. I hope the council of hardcore elders looks favorably upon Knuckle Puck. Can we nominate Guana to be POS' delegate at this convention?

"I pop punk, not pills"

Re: Hardcore scene veterans to meet, discuss which pop punk bands are...

lol is blink 182 ok now that skiba is a member that made me laugh too hard

PM Me if You Need A Reseed on Anything I Downloaded or Uploaded
Thanks: gnat1

Re: Hardcore scene veterans to meet, discuss which pop punk bands are...

chisox100 wrote:

Can we nominate Guana to be POS' delegate at this convention?

I can give you a cast-iron guarantee that I will Blackball every single nominated band.
I'm probably not the best guy for the job.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Re: Hardcore scene veterans to meet, discuss which pop punk bands are...

Taking back Sunday is a band you say is alright if the guy who's getting you high when you're out is listing to them, Other than that i don't think they have a reason to keep putting out music.

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

8 (edited by ℊnat 2016-07-25 21:27:59)

Re: Hardcore scene veterans to meet, discuss which pop punk bands are...

u.s.c.b. wrote:

Taking back Sunday is a band you say is alright if the guy who's getting you high when you're out is listing to them, Other than that i don't think they have a reason to keep putting out music.

They had a few songs I thought was cool when I was 14 or 15 I think. That's about it.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: Hardcore scene veterans to meet, discuss which pop punk bands are...

chisox100 wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

That's pretty funny

And the fact that my daughter listens to all those bands in that whiteboard picture list makes it even more hilarious to me

I went to high school with Knuckle Puck and ive seen them live a dozen times. Super cool guys and good music.

Yeah you have mentioned that once before to me. She goes to the shows, VIP if they offer it because they actually give you pretty cool shit and value for the money. Sure its an extra say 30 bucks but you get an exclusive 7", signed poster (in front of you, not signed ahead of time), all the selfies you want, autograph whatever, exclusive pre-show (99% of the time an acoustic set). Them and Neck Deep are probably her top two but she likes citizen as well. Sounds silly for me as a grown ass man, but when i was 15, 16, I would have killed for this kind of shit.

In terms of having incredible DIY networks across the country, this style of "pop punk" (or easy-revival as a lot of people are now calling it) is definitely on par with punk and hardcore. Stylistically though its a very far stretch from being true punk. I hope the council of hardcore elders looks favorably upon Knuckle Puck. Can we nominate Guana to be POS' delegate at this convention?

I agree with that. these bands do it much like the bands did back when, old ass Ford vans with a merch trailer, not buses, and hanging out behind the venue before and after the shows, talking to the kids.

Social media is the new flyering. Used to be you only knew of shows from the flyers passed out after or during a show, or posted around town if the band had the lead time, now you just post some shit on facebook and twitter and save the posters.

Speaking of posters, my daughter "stole" a huge Teenage Bottlerocket promo poster with their stage time and signing time on it from the Warped Tour, those are the gifts that make you proud lol

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Re: Hardcore scene veterans to meet, discuss which pop punk bands are...

Yea, but DIY doesn't make you punk.

DIY is just sensible since the advent of easily accessible forms of mass communication (e.g. "cheap" broadband internet).

While I like a lot of those bands, I don't know if I'd ever consider them punk.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff173/AddictedtoOi_ep/addicted.gif

"Is that a picture of your cock on the wall?" - Gnat

And your face:
on every leaf
of every branch
of every tree.

Re: Hardcore scene veterans to meet, discuss which pop punk bands are...

Ick McWang wrote:

She goes to the shows, VIP if they offer it because they actually give you pretty cool shit and value for the money. Sure its an extra say 30 bucks but you get an exclusive 7", signed poster (in front of you, not signed ahead of time), all the selfies you want, autograph whatever, exclusive pre-show (99% of the time an acoustic set). Them and Neck Deep are probably her top two but she likes citizen as well. Sounds silly for me as a grown ass man, but when i was 15, 16, I would have killed for this kind of shit.

Ive always thought paying for meet & greets is the most pretentious thing ever. Then when you realize how little money even bigger underground bands like Knuckle Puck make so I give bands a pass for that.

"I pop punk, not pills"

Re: Hardcore scene veterans to meet, discuss which pop punk bands are...

chisox100 wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

She goes to the shows, VIP if they offer it because they actually give you pretty cool shit and value for the money. Sure its an extra say 30 bucks but you get an exclusive 7", signed poster (in front of you, not signed ahead of time), all the selfies you want, autograph whatever, exclusive pre-show (99% of the time an acoustic set). Them and Neck Deep are probably her top two but she likes citizen as well. Sounds silly for me as a grown ass man, but when i was 15, 16, I would have killed for this kind of shit.

Ive always thought paying for meet & greets is the most pretentious thing ever. Then when you realize how little money even bigger underground bands like Knuckle Puck make so I give bands a pass for that.

I'm with you on that one, I suppose if you're getting a bag of merchandise and momentos the cost has to be offset somewhere, but I prefer waiting outside for a good old fashioned drunken Mug & Hug, most bands will happily have their pictures taken and even give out the odd freebie if it gets rid of the pissed up lunatic hanging off their shoulder.

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Re: Hardcore scene veterans to meet, discuss which pop punk bands are...

Guana wrote:
chisox100 wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

She goes to the shows, VIP if they offer it because they actually give you pretty cool shit and value for the money. Sure its an extra say 30 bucks but you get an exclusive 7", signed poster (in front of you, not signed ahead of time), all the selfies you want, autograph whatever, exclusive pre-show (99% of the time an acoustic set). Them and Neck Deep are probably her top two but she likes citizen as well. Sounds silly for me as a grown ass man, but when i was 15, 16, I would have killed for this kind of shit.

Ive always thought paying for meet & greets is the most pretentious thing ever. Then when you realize how little money even bigger underground bands like Knuckle Puck make so I give bands a pass for that.

I'm with you on that one, I suppose if you're getting a bag of merchandise and momentos the cost has to be offset somewhere, but I prefer waiting outside for a good old fashioned drunken Mug & Hug, most bands will happily have their pictures taken and even give out the odd freebie if it gets rid of the pissed up lunatic hanging off their shoulder.

Yeah at first I thought it was lame, especially when even with the VIP she and her friends will still go early and stay late to try to hang out with the bands and say hello.
A lot of the big acts do this now too, but charge $100 or more for it. And its little more than an autograph and a hello. Ever go to any kind of convention? My wife used to go to the Horror convention that comes here once a year, its all "stars" from movies and TV charging 20-50 for a picture.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif