Topic: PEARS people

Starting a topic for fans of PEARS to discuss the music, and just share thoughts.

Re: PEARS people

I dont know if I would say I am a "fan" but I do like the Green Star album. Haven't listened to much else they have done yet.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

I would recommend checking out Go To Prison. It was their first album, and at just 22 minutes long, the sound they created is just brilliant in my opinion. Sounds like nothing in hardcore before because it takes that genre right to the edge of how well it can blend with pop punk and the contrast there is great. Certainly an acquired taste, but it's easy to see how they signed to Fat so quickly in Go To Prison.

Green Star also really packs a punch in that contrast but it's not as simple as in Go To Prison because they had time to think their second one out. Both great, but the first is the best example of their sound I think going into Green Star and whatever they'll come out with next.

Probably the best live show I've seen this year. Indifferent about their records tho.

rudy.peux wrote:

Probably the best live show I've seen this year. Indifferent about their records tho.

I havent seen them live but they strike me as a band that puts on a show similar to Cerebral Ballzy. Ive seen them (C.B.) several times and its a similar energy judging by the videos I have seen

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Never got a chance to see CB, but I meant specifically pears' singer is such a wiry oddball showman. At one point during their set, an amp blew out and it was pretty interesting to see him go from an Iggy-esque madman into a shy mute while they fixed the connections.

having just seen them open for NOFX, Zach is the modern incarnation of Iggy - minus rolling around in broken glass anyway!

From the wreckage of humiliation
I got my self respect
I pulled myself together
What the hell did you expect

rudy.peux wrote:

Never got a chance to see CB, but I meant specifically pears' singer is such a wiry oddball showman. At one point during their set, an amp blew out and it was pretty interesting to see him go from an Iggy-esque madman into a shy mute while they fixed the connections.

There are a lot of things to really like about their shows now, but they'll get much better with more releases. It seemed at the two I've been to they had a little trouble stretching the set time out enough, and had technical issues with microphones at both also. What I wonder is if Zach will be able to keep his insane stage presence up for a longer set time. It clearly takes a lot out of him, even during the shows I saw he would have to kneel and catch his breath in between songs.

Haven't listened to a whole lot of their studio recordings but they're amazing live.

Ick McWang wrote:

I dont know if I would say I am a "fan" but I do like the Green Star album. Haven't listened to much else they have done yet.