1 (edited by gnat 2016-08-10 21:11:17)

Topic: Favorite Beers?

I'm drinking a Stone "Sublimely Self-Righteous" Black IPA at the moment.  Stone is my go to, but living on the east coast its a little bit harder to come by. I mean, its in all the beer stores but its a chore to get it fresh where its not been sitting around for a month. I basically have to stalk the shit. I'm that guy that calls people asking them everyday if they've got their order in lol.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/51fc295fe4b00f4020e941b6/t/53ac445ae4b0311d678e683d/1403798620395/

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana
Thanks: Bacon1

Re: Favorite Beers?

Ive been enjoying a good array of things from both The Bruery and also from Trinity Brewing. Neither are available in my state (of course), but I seem to travel enough - or have friends that do - to pick up Trinity (neighboring state of Colorado). I got lucky a few years back and made it in to The Bruery Reserve Society, but they do not ship out of CA, so I have to send it to my sister in law in the bay area, then she ships to me - adds about 5$ each bottle doing that sad

From the wreckage of humiliation
I got my self respect
I pulled myself together
What the hell did you expect

Re: Favorite Beers?

I live in a city known as "the brazilian belgium", since we have over 100 microbrewerys here. My favorite beer is from one of those local breweries, called Wäls. It's a Russian Imperial Stout, with heavy dark chocolate and coffee flavours.

Re: Favorite Beers?

Albuquerque is a surprisingly amazing beer town.  Our locals consistently win medals at the Great American Beer Fest and other competitions as well.  Marble put out this amazing Americano Stout a few months ago.  A local coffee roaster who get all of their beans from the owner's family farm in Colombia cold brewed them gallons upon gallons of espresso.  It is rich and decadent. La Cumbre has a fantastic flagship IPA called Elevated, and Bosque is one of my favorites as well.  But that's only scratching the surface of what's available in town.  It's absolutely crazy.

Re: Favorite Beers?

Beer

thatl do for me tongue

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

6 (edited by oblivionbunny 2016-08-11 23:21:42)

Re: Favorite Beers?

Cappy wrote:

Albuquerque is a surprisingly amazing beer town.  Our locals consistently win medals at the Great American Beer Fest and other competitions as well.  Marble put out this amazing Americano Stout a few months ago.  A local coffee roaster who get all of their beans from the owner's family farm in Colombia cold brewed them gallons upon gallons of espresso.  It is rich and decadent. La Cumbre has a fantastic flagship IPA called Elevated, and Bosque is one of my favorites as well.  But that's only scratching the surface of what's available in town.  It's absolutely crazy.

You guys and your La Cumbre, and your Santa Fe....




....i wish I had La Cumbre and Santa Fe locally....

smile

From the wreckage of humiliation
I got my self respect
I pulled myself together
What the hell did you expect

Re: Favorite Beers?

gnat wrote:

I'm drinking a Stone "Sublimely Self-Righteous" Black IPA at the moment.  Stone is my go to, but living on the east coast its a little bit harder to come by. I mean, its in all the beer stores but its a chore to get it fresh where its not been sitting around for a month. I basically have to stalk the shit. I'm that guy that calls people asking them everyday if they've got their order in lol.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/51fc295fe4b00f4020e941b6/t/53ac445ae4b0311d678e683d/1403798620395/

Love stone, their IPA will kick your dick in the dirt (not that theres anything wrong with that) Havent seen that one gnat, I wonder if my local beerstore has any?

8 (edited by gnat 2016-08-12 00:41:42)

Re: Favorite Beers?

Hard to say, but its one of their most popular. They were going to discontinue it a while back but there was a huge protest so they kept it. Around here, anywhere that has Stone has the basic IPA and probably the 12 pack variety or the "go-to" ipa. The specialty chain stores always have a shit load of Stone but the trick is finding it somewhat fresh. They have a great website that keeps track of the shipments. You can put in your town and see everywhere that has it. They even have a breakdown of which varieties each store ordered and when. Still better to call though and double check.

If you like the darker brews, their black ipa is perfect.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: Favorite Beers?

Gnat, are you not far enough north on that coast to get Lawsons Liquids, Maine Beer Co., The Alchemist, or Treehouse? If you enjoy the IPA, these are all top notch brewers your should give a try when you can!

From the wreckage of humiliation
I got my self respect
I pulled myself together
What the hell did you expect

Re: Favorite Beers?

I'd love to. I've seen them all on Beer Advocate and other sites, but never had the opportunity to buy them. The Heady Topper especially is pretty infamous right? I'm not that far north by a long shot (NC).

What do you guys do in Vermont anyway? Just sit around all day chilling with Bernie Sanders and drinking awesome beer?

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: Favorite Beers?

I was drinking some sam smiths black stout last night, it was the closest thing i could find to guinness in this little dive bar i was in..didn't realise it was 7% untill i was falling out of there..facking orrible aswell.
Anyway i was watching charlie parr damn good slide guitarist so all was well.

Re: Favorite Beers?

Howling wrote:

I was drinking some sam smiths black stout last night, it was the closest thing i could find to guinness in this little dive bar i was in..didn't realise it was 7% untill i was falling out of there..facking orrible aswell.
Anyway i was watching charlie parr damn good slide guitarist so all was well.

i once went to the pub and didnt know what i fancied so randomly ordered one, turned out it was like 9% and like syrup LOL

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

Re: Favorite Beers?

i knocked back a 6 pack of this the other night, i was fairly hammered by the last bottle, tasty stuff, bitter but smooth. http://www.beerforum.co.kr/files/attach/images/72802/682/372/ff8839c62624a9f918c559e614958f02.jpg

I love me some IPA, Alexander Keiths is a regular in my fridge. Just bought some rolling rock today, definitely my favorite brew from south of the border. Pacific Western Brewings Cariboo is another favorite of mine
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgfqECpjbYzYJ-8yl5rHnSal28x0ScmaB8MeNyNXeNoSqxDZ8p

I saw today my local liquour store has some brewed 6% root beer, so i will have to give that a try and let you know how it is.

PM Me if You Need A Reseed on Anything I Downloaded or Uploaded

Re: Favorite Beers?

All the beers I like are at the very least 6 or 7%. Its a wonderful way to get drunk.

I wonder what it is that is so appealing about a good IPA. Just going by common sense the taste should be repulsive to us.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: Favorite Beers?

ever try arrogant bastard? My friends wife asked for a sip, it was so strong she was offended lol, she was offended that I found it good too lol. Used to drink skullsplitter from Orkney brewing too, thats a fight starter beer lol

Re: Favorite Beers?

I am not worthy of Arrogant Bastard, nor its big brother Double Bastard. Like Gnat said, common sense dictates we should be repulsed.. I just dont get into the big hop bomb beers. My wife is all about them, however, which means a large variety of things come through the house for both of us to taste. I prefer the big malty sweet stuff, usually around the 15% mark. We've also developed quite the taste for Bourbon lately, but that's a different discussion entirely smile

From the wreckage of humiliation
I got my self respect
I pulled myself together
What the hell did you expect

Re: Favorite Beers?

Yeah I've definitely had the Arrogant Bastard ale...
To me after you have had your beer awakening, there's no going back.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: Favorite Beers?

That Orkney Skullsplitter will set you off in a hurry, and it's stupid easy to drink too. The world gets pear shaped quickly on a few of those

From the wreckage of humiliation
I got my self respect
I pulled myself together
What the hell did you expect
Thanks: Bacon1

Re: Favorite Beers?

Anyone enjoying sours much? Gnat if your in NC, your home state for Wicked Weed, although I dont know much about their distro. They make some fine examples, although the wrong one first is a very polarizing experience sad

From the wreckage of humiliation
I got my self respect
I pulled myself together
What the hell did you expect

Re: Favorite Beers?

oblivionbunny wrote:

I am not worthy of Arrogant Bastard, nor its big brother Double Bastard. Like Gnat said, common sense dictates we should be repulsed.. I just dont get into the big hop bomb beers. My wife is all about them, however, which means a large variety of things come through the house for both of us to taste. I prefer the big malty sweet stuff, usually around the 15% mark. We've also developed quite the taste for Bourbon lately, but that's a different discussion entirely smile

I love how you say youre not worthy like the bottle says smile

tonight its hoopyum IPA from NC for I & I

Re: Favorite Beers?

North Carolina is a pretty good place to be as far as beer goes since we have so many colleges and universities. Wicked Weed is one of the better known breweries out of Asheville. Hoppyum is a little closer to me in Winston. Hoppyum is a more piney IPA, less citrusy, which is a nice deviation at times.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

Re: Favorite Beers?

In Tampa we have one of the best craft beer scenes, but honestly i usually stick to the cheap swill unless I am out and about going to shows or hanging out

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Re: Favorite Beers?

Since we are talking about good beers, I need to ask. Any canadians here from Ontario/Quebec? I'm planning a trip through this regions next year and I would love to drink some beers at local microbreweries. I need some tips.

Re: Favorite Beers?

Corona but I can't drink anymore.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Re: Favorite Beers?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/stevics_album/bass-museum-burton-brass-draught-ba.jpg
This stuff killed ,my old man but I was brought up on it and still love the taste.