Topic: do not post anything on Jailhouse Records

they made it clear they don't want their stuff on this site

do not post any records from Jailhouse Records or you will be banned

Re: do not post anything on Jailhouse Records

Wtf is jailhouse records anyway...

I was going to ask who's on there?

I have now got internet hooked up and have gone through and started seeding some of my old torrents, If there is anything extra you want or something i am not seeding please send me a message!

bands
http://www.jailhouserecords.com/newsite/bands-2/

or what? We'll get put in the jailhouse? ;-)

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

haha what birds....no one wants to listen to their shitty crusty bands anyways!

Pinkerton Thugs and Pink Lincolns arent crust bands.

who cares?

Well apparently you dont know what crust is...but then again, youre too punk for us, so why bother responding?

I like Defiance, first LP 'No Hope, No Future' was fucking brilliant angry singalong UK82 type stuff.....not at all Crust!
Special Duties stink but not in a smelly Crusty way wink

A VILE PRODUCT OF WELFARE UK

Bacon wrote:

Pinkerton Thugs and Pink Lincolns arent crust bands.

they actually house some decent bands, quite a shame. Pinkerton, Pink Lincolns, Ashers, Defiance, A Global Threat, I mean I have played these bands on my radio show.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

according to the news section on their site, new fang and antiseen wont be allowed either sad

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

13 (edited by Bettie_Rage 2013-11-19 18:07:34)

Bacon wrote:

Well apparently you dont know what crust is...but then again, youre too punk for us, so why bother responding?

HAH there's that Bacon SASS!

Anyway, boo-FUCKING-hoo, so we can just get those bands on other torrent sites.

What a bunch of bitches.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Why do people think it's so awesome and cool to steal music from struggling bands and labels?

And I sent a very polite e mail offering some songs for free, I just asked if he could please not post full album downloads. Especially of things that at the time weren't even officially out yet.

This is how I eat, this is how I pay rent.  We have free album streams all over the place, plenty of youtube stuff. It's certainly not a "bitch" thing to do to polititely ask not to enable the theft of albums that either just came out, or aren't out yet.  Me and the admin I think were very nice and cordial to each other. I could have shut the site down or sent DMCA notices, or notified the service we had that automatically shuts downs illegal downloads. But I wanted to be nice and I have been a part of the DIY community for over 20 years. So I simply make a request to please pull down certain albums.  Have some respect, steal from the major labels or whatever, not small independent labels and bands that are lucky to even recoup on releases, much less make anything.  If you worked 70+ hours a week at your job without a paycheck, or a very minimal one, I can pretty much guarantee that you wouldn't be cool with me coming in and stealing your work. It's a matter of respect. None of us are bitches, I've always gone over and beyond to hook people up. Our releases are as cheap as possible. Decent packaging, we give away free stuff in direct orders.  We are with an independent distributor. Nothing corporate or bitchy about any of us.  yeah "boo fucking hoo" about losing money and struggling to make ends meet.  That's really awesome of you to say that Bettie Rage

15 (edited by mel_the_bell 2014-01-01 14:46:09)

dj41 wrote:

Why do people think it's so awesome and cool to steal music from struggling bands and labels?

And I sent a very polite e mail offering some songs for free, I just asked if he could please not post full album downloads. Especially of things that at the time weren't even officially out yet.

This is how I eat, this is how I pay rent.  We have free album streams all over the place, plenty of youtube stuff. It's certainly not a "bitch" thing to do to polititely ask not to enable the theft of albums that either just came out, or aren't out yet.  Me and the admin I think were very nice and cordial to each other. I could have shut the site down or sent DMCA notices, or notified the service we had that automatically shuts downs illegal downloads. But I wanted to be nice and I have been a part of the DIY community for over 20 years. So I simply make a request to please pull down certain albums.  Have some respect, steal from the major labels or whatever, not small independent labels and bands that are lucky to even recoup on releases, much less make anything.  If you worked 70+ hours a week at your job without a paycheck, or a very minimal one, I can pretty much guarantee that you wouldn't be cool with me coming in and stealing your work. It's a matter of respect. None of us are bitches, I've always gone over and beyond to hook people up. Our releases are as cheap as possible. Decent packaging, we give away free stuff in direct orders.  We are with an independent distributor. Nothing corporate or bitchy about any of us.  yeah "boo fucking hoo" about losing money and struggling to make ends meet.  That's really awesome of you to say that Bettie Rage

fair enough

BUT

will you gain revenue by denying free downloads of your albums?
do you lose revenue by people downloading your albums?

personally speaking
ive never heard of your label, or the bands, i might one day see a download  and grab it, i may not, it might lead me to grabbing a cd or a going to  a gig it might not.
i can only afford / have the space to buy / own the albums i really like, the rest will have to do with being mp3d for now

i think youre being above yourself and being a bit of a cunt..................have a nice new year wink

dj41 wrote:

Now what was the point in that? You issued a polite request, we respectfully complied, two months ago.
Why bump a dead thread just because a couple of members out of two and a half thousand said something you don’t like?  I’d have thought after 20+ years you’d know that this community houses many different opinions on this sort of activity, some of us agree with your point of view and find it reasonable, others take the DIY ethic to its extreme and believe all punk music should be distributed freely amongst the community, if you’d been a member of this site over the years you’d have seen enough threads on this subject to understand how it works.
As it stands at the moment your releases aren’t posted here and would be instantly removed if they were, in my book that means you got what you wanted, I don’t see what you think you could have gained by coming back here saying you could have done this or that with a bunch of veiled threats, there’s no need, and as Mel said in his idiosyncratic way, you’re not going to do yourself any favours here.
Now if you want to point us to these free streams and other links, come here and advertise your releases or just chat and get a feel for this type of community then feel free to do so, we accept you’re not the face of corporate capitalism and consumerism, you should accept we’re not a bunch of thieving fuckers who want something for nothing, we’re the same people who go to your gigs and buy your cd’s, why make enemies?
And if I was living on the breadline and you came to my house, you wouldn’t have to steal anything, I’d give it to you, because that’s punk .
Happy New Year

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad

Would you like some fries with that?

You know what guana I wish you would stop writing what I wanted to say in a much more eloquent and understandable way I just end up looking like your slightly special friend who needs to wear a protective hat to ride the bus...ya bastid ya lol...but yeah what guana said

Guana wrote:
dj41 wrote:

Now what was the point in that? You issued a polite request, we respectfully complied, two months ago.
Why bump a dead thread just because a couple of members out of two and a half thousand said something you don’t like?  I’d have thought after 20+ years you’d know that this community houses many different opinions on this sort of activity, some of us agree with your point of view and find it reasonable, others take the DIY ethic to its extreme and believe all punk music should be distributed freely amongst the community, if you’d been a member of this site over the years you’d have seen enough threads on this subject to understand how it works.
As it stands at the moment your releases aren’t posted here and would be instantly removed if they were, in my book that means you got what you wanted, I don’t see what you think you could have gained by coming back here saying you could have done this or that with a bunch of veiled threats, there’s no need, and as Mel said in his idiosyncratic way, you’re not going to do yourself any favours here.
Now if you want to point us to these free streams and other links, come here and advertise your releases or just chat and get a feel for this type of community then feel free to do so, we accept you’re not the face of corporate capitalism and consumerism, you should accept we’re not a bunch of thieving fuckers who want something for nothing, we’re the same people who go to your gigs and buy your cd’s, why make enemies?
And if I was living on the breadline and you came to my house, you wouldn’t have to steal anything, I’d give it to you, because that’s punk .
Happy New Year

wonder if hes pals with Louise Distras on PT tongue

maybe they can share some bread

Howling wrote:

You know what guana I wish you would stop writing what I wanted to say in a much more eloquent and understandable way I just end up looking like your slightly special friend who needs to wear a protective hat to ride the bus...ya bastid ya lol...but yeah what guana said

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

mel_the_bell wrote:

I got her a bread maker for crimbo but sadly shes got nowhere to plug it in wink

DoWot wrote:
mel_the_bell wrote:

I got her a bread maker for crimbo but sadly shes got nowhere to plug it in wink

she seems to be doing ok ,last post i saw from her on twitter was Louise Distras @LouiseDistras 22 Dec

Oh no! I just fell over and loads of cake magically appeared and landed in my mouth. Life is hard.

23 (edited by DoWot 2014-01-01 21:22:15)

lizard wrote:
DoWot wrote:
mel_the_bell wrote:

she seems to be doing ok ,last post i saw from her on twitter was Louise Distras @LouiseDistras 22 Dec

Oh no! I just fell over and loads of cock magically appeared and landed in my mouth. Life is hard.

ooooh Louisa! you are awful smile

somebody mustve bought a cd....since shes banned em off the internet

You know, I thought of the lovely Ms Distras when I posted the other night, she really hasn't done herself any favours, if she'd issued a polite take-down and fucked off she'd have been fine, but she had to join the site and start attacking the members with her homeless and breadless bullshit and now she's a laughing stock. I've seen it a few times, most notably when Bobby Steele did exactly the same thing on PT a good few years back and tried suing them for a couple of million dollars then ripped into the members, he got savaged on PT, it spilled quite nastily onto his own website and he still isn't taken seriously today (the 9 toed twat)
Both artists had their entire discogs posted on public trackers out of spite, and those trackers won't take down the torrents no matter how nicely you ask and can't be shut down with a damning report or angry phone call.
In the long run they've both done themselves more damage than they would have suffered if they'd have left the original torrent a few weeks and let it sink unseeded to the bottom of the forum.
That bloke who did it here on (I think) the last version of the site did it right, he joined the forum and had an intelligent conversation about file-sharing, didn't get all pissy (even though he was given a bit of a hard time *cough Gnat cough!*) and he came across well, I nearly bought a couple of his cd's just because I liked him, wasn't that into the band though.
Can't remember the name of the band though, someone remember it for me..
and Howling mate, you will always be my special friend, funny hat or not wink

jello biafra ..... jello biafra ......... JELLO BIAFRA !!!!
Fuckin sex pistols mad