1 (edited by chisox100 2016-09-13 13:03:19)

Topic: Anyone else sick of politics?

Lately it seems like all thats going on is talk of Hillary's health, how Gary Johnson is apparently an idiot because he's not afraid to admit he doesnt know something and Trump says some new stupid thing. There's absolutely no substance to any of the political bantering going on. Im well researched enough to know I hate all two and a half major candidates but if the media actually tried getting substantive discussions going I think even more Americans would realize just how horrible our choices are.

Also, im genuinely curious what everyone hopes the outcome is in November. My ideal scenario is Hillary winning in an electoral landslide due to Gary Johnson siphoning enough conservative votes away from Trump. Hopefully he'll steal a western state or two like Utah, Montana or Wyoming while he's at it and allow Hillary to win the midwestern/Appalachian swing states. My reasoning goes like this:

-Trump getting trounced electorally is a statement that needs to be made.

-We know the libertarians cannot win this election but I think they could successfully lay the groundwork for replacing the republican party in future elections if Johnson can have some success at the polls. If the Ted Cruzs of the conservative world are replaced by Gary Johnsons I think our country strongly benefits even though Im not a libertarian. And that's probably the most positive thing that can come out of this election at this point.

As much as a loath Clinton, the status quo beats the current alternatives. If the election was today i'd vote Gary Johnson out of protest and I like about 75% of what he says (even if the other 15% is batshit crazy) but that might change by November. And I live in the bluest part of one of the bluest states so its not like my vote matters anyway. Early morning rant over.

"I pop punk, not pills"

Re: Anyone else sick of politics?

I've always enjoyed Nate Silver's obsession with numbers and actually having a very good track record at predicting outcomes.  This is a handy bookmark to keep: 2016 Election Forecast

Trump, while he has been on a bit of an upswing, is struggling to compete in every swing state.  He's even turning states that have long been GOP strongholds into tossups. 

The GOP has, in recent history, been a party of libertarian ideals.  All of the ideas of less regulation, less money toward welfare systems, privatizing EVERYTHING are all libertarian beliefs.  They just throw in the fact that they want the government to control moral aspects of our lives.  Libertarian policies have been put in place since the 70s.  They've done nothing positive for the country, and I think libertarianism as a whole is completely bonkers.  Look no further than Kansas to see the recent failed experiment in massive deregulation (see: This article.

And Gary Johnson isn't an idiot because he admits when he doesn't know something, he's a fucking moron because when you're running for the President of the United States it isn't out of the question to assume that you would know the names related to one of the biggest foreign policy issues he would have to face early in his presidency, an ongoing crisis that is 3 years in the making and has been all over almost every news cycle.  Great, he wants to legalize weed, but he doesn't know what Aleppo is? Give me a break.

It's being shoved down our throats 24/7 and I've long been tired of it. I don't think any election has ever had this must constant coverage between a narcissistic sociopathic orange toddler and Hillary. I cant say that I absolutely don't care, because I know who I'm voting for, but for my own sanity I'm just avoiding all of it. I don't wanna hear shit about either. There's no point in me getting pissed off about what Trump says because all you can do is vote and that's it. There's no point in mulling over it. Everything he says would just piss me off, more than what Hillary does, so I'm just waiting until voting time. I'm independent and go with whatever side I most agree with and it ain't his.

Not much else you can do.

"Hey evil, why don't you eat my butt?"

Cappy wrote:

And Gary Johnson isn't an idiot because he admits when he doesn't know something, he's a fucking moron because when you're running for the President of the United States it isn't out of the question to assume that you would know the names related to one of the biggest foreign policy issues he would have to face early in his presidency, an ongoing crisis that is 3 years in the making and has been all over almost every news cycle.  Great, he wants to legalize weed, but he doesn't know what Aleppo is? Give me a break.

I rest my case.

Weed will be legalized when all the currently 30/35+ people become 45/55+ and are voted into office.

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Weed won't be legalized federally until it becomes more profitable (for the government) for it to be legal than it is to be illegal. You have to realize, illegal pot keeps so many industries churning...law enforcement, prisons, etc, etc, etc...The opportunity for direct tax revenue is very tempting, as well as the creation of a whole new industry that will need a beauracracy and regulatory agency etc...not to mention as more states legalize it will become more and more problematic and costly for the feds to square with the states.

Not to be buzz kill, but your votes don't matter either way. Hillary WILL be president and that's all there is to it. She plays ball with all the right people and thats all that matters. She's the best and safest option for big oil, wall street, pharma, health indu$try, the war machine, etc.

Gary Johnson has the same shot at getting elected president as my johnson does. They have this whole "election" thing on lock guys. Third parties can't even get on stage.

If you vote you are only legitimizing their fraud, nothing more. Vote in your local elections if you want, although where I live most of those are fixed too.

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

gnat wrote:

Weed won't be legalized federally until it becomes more profitable (for the government) for it to be legal than it is to be illegal. You have to realize, illegal pot keeps so many industries churning...law enforcement, prisons, etc, etc, etc...The opportunity for direct tax revenue is very tempting, as well as the creation of a whole new industry that will need a beauracracy and regulatory agency etc...not to mention as more states legalize it will become more and more problematic and costly for the feds to square with the states.

Not to be buzz kill, but your votes don't matter either way. Hillary WILL be president and that's all there is to it. She plays ball with all the right people and thats all that matters. She's the best and safest option for big oil, wall street, pharma, health indu$try, the war machine, etc.

Gary Johnson has the same shot at getting elected president as my johnson does. They have this whole "election" thing on lock guys. Third parties can't even get on stage.

If you vote you are only legitimizing their fraud, nothing more. Vote in your local elections if you want, although where I live most of those are fixed too.

This^. If a huge part of sheep America fell off the planet, the vote of an independent thinker MIGHT matter. I've listened to some entertain the idea of "protest voting" for a third party, and I don't know about the rest of you in the states, but risking having to attend jury duty doesn't seem worth the tiny statement that makes. Hell, if I thought Trump was going to win, voting to possibly keep that from happening still wouldn't be worth it. And to add to the first line about pot legalization, the damn DEA. They've been hard at work for years stigmatizing the drug in theatrical and practical ways, and now that a whole lot more people can see it's mostly bull, they're keeping their mouth shut and hoping the long instilled fear will keep it illegal in most places, i.e., keeping them making money.

I know the system is broken, but I will take third party candidates seriously as soon as I see a Green Party or Lib Party member elected to Congress, the Senate or a Governor's seat.  Greens are running in less than 1 percent of all possible elected seats open this year, and I'm pretty sure that number is in the hundreds of thousands.  I tried to do research on the Green Party in NM.  You know what I found?  A  website that said when their convention was, but not one politician they wanted me to support on the ballot.  No information.  No nothing.

Ick I'm not sure if you were ragging on me there or what.  I think weed should be legalized, but Johnson is a joke for not caring enough to learn basic foreign policy when that is a huge part of the job he is futilely auditioning for, and he wouldn't be able to unilaterally legalize cannabis anyway, the GOP and most of the Dems would fight him tooth and nail anyway.

Cappy wrote:

I know the system is broken, but I will take third party candidates seriously as soon as I see a Green Party or Lib Party member elected to Congress, the Senate or a Governor's seat.  Greens are running in less than 1 percent of all possible elected seats open this year, and I'm pretty sure that number is in the hundreds of thousands.  I tried to do research on the Green Party in NM.  You know what I found?  A  website that said when their convention was, but not one politician they wanted me to support on the ballot.  No information.  No nothing.

Ick I'm not sure if you were ragging on me there or what.  I think weed should be legalized, but Johnson is a joke for not caring enough to learn basic foreign policy when that is a huge part of the job he is futilely auditioning for, and he wouldn't be able to unilaterally legalize cannabis anyway, the GOP and most of the Dems would fight him tooth and nail anyway.

Nope, I was actually agreeing with you 100%. Like, people will vote for him because he will legalize weed, but the real part of his job is diplomacy and foreign relations, and not knowing the capital city of the biggest flashpoint on the planet (ukraine being #2) is pretty ignorant. Which makes his candidacy look bad, and makes the third parties that so many of us seem to want to come up, look poorly as well.

Bernie was the closest thing to a real independent/third party guy having a chance. he knows not to run as a third party/independent as that would hand the election to Trump by splitting democratic votes. Thats why the Republicans were thrilled that Ralph Nadar stayed in the race and essentially handed George W. Bush the election. Or, Republicans would go back further to when Ross Perot ran, he took votes from Republican party Bush Sr, and old Slick Willie Clinton and the Democrats won.

For a real third party to come up, it would have to be a splinter group of one of the two main parties, sort of like the Tea Party people. They didnt officially split off from Republicans to form their own party. On the other hand say a sizable chunk of Bernie people, led by Bernie himself, sort of splinter off after the election, working for the next 4-8 years for the next post-Hillary election, sort of being a seperate more leftist wing of the Democrat party. Its the Tea Party in reverse.

I'm sick to death of it but can't get enough of it (Both US and Canadian Politics). It sucks and it's nothing but mounds and mounds of horseshit but at the end of the day it's our lives they're playing with. Better to be aware than uninformed, no matter how painful it is to watch the sideshow.

Agreed, i hate all the bullshit but i feel its my responsibility to have my say and to be well informed enough to not be a sheep

PM Me if You Need A Reseed on Anything I Downloaded or Uploaded

11 (edited by chisox100 2016-09-22 13:37:15)

Scally Cap Brat wrote:

I'm sick to death of it but can't get enough of it (Both US and Canadian Politics). It sucks and it's nothing but mounds and mounds of horseshit but at the end of the day it's our lives they're playing with. Better to be aware than uninformed, no matter how painful it is to watch the sideshow.

At least you've got Trudeau who seems to be a huge upgrade of Steven Harper. Our best case scenario is Clinton as a slightly more warhawkish and corrupt Obama.

A lot of older people I know who voted for Clinton over Sanders are starting to admit to me that I was right that Bernie had a better chance of beating Trump. I hate being right sometimes...Part of me is so disgusted with everything I dont want to vote but I feel I need to at the very least help get our republican jackass Mark Kirk out of the senate. But I just cant find anyone worth voting for president. Still may consider Gary Johnson but Vermin Supreme is gaining ground quickly.

"I pop punk, not pills"

12 (edited by chisox100 2016-11-10 22:37:51)

What the fuck happened? Donald Trump will be our president next year....

I didnt think this was actually going to happen. But its helped me realize that the diverse liberal bubble I live in is not the norm across the country.

"I pop punk, not pills"

chisox100 wrote:

I didnt think this was actually going to happen. But its helped me realize that the diverse liberal bubble I live in is not the norm across the country.

Not at all bro, in FLorida, I live in Hillsborough county, one of the counties the whole country was watching. We voted Hillary, but every single county around us voted Trump. My childhood home, about an hour and fifteen minutes north of Tampa, was like 80 percent Trump. Maybe more, honestly.

The rustbelt is what won the election for Trump. Besides Chicagoland the entire state of Illinois went to Trump. But Illinois was still a big win for Hillary because 9 million of the 12 million people in Illinois live there. The fellow rustbelt states of Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio don't have a Chicago to save the state from going red. And in the end, that's how Trump won.

At least the democrats will hopefully have learned their lesson that they cannot win as a party of corporate America.

"I pop punk, not pills"

chisox100 wrote:

welcome to reality

we likes it wicked, we keeps it wicked.

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

16 (edited by u.s.c.b. 2016-11-12 23:42:02)

Trump won Pennsylvania which doesn't surprise me at all, This state is pretty much as "old money" as you can get and will welcome the Promised Donald DeLorean time machine ride back to the 50's. Really i feel the Armageddon references about him winning are a bit much, At best were looking At a few c-span media scandals that get over blown and some actual good news sound bytes for the first time in eight years. If anything he said during the election actually gets done that would make him the first president sense Lincoln to come through on his promises, America sailed it's ship on the presidential election meaning anything after the first six months of it decades ago. (The twitter hash tag "were fucked" was just as trendy seconds after Obama was re-elected too making me believe this country will never be happy with who it's President is until batman runs for office)

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

u.s.c.b. wrote:

this country will never be happy with who it's President is until batman runs for office)

NOTE: if you are trying to grab one of my uploads and it isn't seeding to you its because your IP has been blocked by peerblock.

Haaa, In between the the total mass collapse they would still find out about Bruce Wayne being in bed with big corporate interests groups and use it against it him. I could see the tv adds now "Batman claims to be making a difference but do you know that 99 percent of the lives he saves were in gothom city alone and no where else, Isn't it about time Bruce Wayne stops trying to protect his own interest and starts caring about the rest of America"

"If there's one thing i've learned, It's that life's just one series of curshing defeats after another until you just wished flanders was dead" -Homer simpson

19 (edited by Bettie_Rage 2016-11-13 21:58:58)

I've gotten out, and worn out, all my anger towards it because in the back of my mind I knew he was going to win; that asshole even flat out said he would. The Republicans did NOT want a 3rd term Democrat because they wanted "complete" control over the Senate. The fact that Trump barely campaigned, insulted every non-white and women, never really set forth any policies, that made sense says all that you need to know, if you can read between the lines which most people have. I don't want to be one of "those" people saying that it was "rigged" but it's hard not to, given how the election and both campaign trails went. ALL those polls could not have been wrong in consistently predicting Hilary would win and there is no way that Trump, of all past republican candidates, can flip supposedly blue states especially given that it's Trump. He had absolutely no political experience and knowledge, had no IDEA how politics even worked and his business "know-how" can't transfer into running an entire country. Republicans wanted control, and Hilary is one that isn't easily bullied, so they made it happen at any costs, including handing over the country to a tyrannical temperamental toddler. He is going to at least try and undo EVERYTHING (Roe v. Wade, affordable healthcare, etc) because he thinks he's god and could give two shits unless he gets what he wants. Separation of Church and State never really existed anyway and I think outlawing Abortions is unconstitutional, which we all know how he feels about the Constitution. Trump is going to try and run this like Russia because of his obvious man-crush on Putin: outlawing any media source or person speaking against him, etc. Our trade allies have said they would pull out if he was elected and some already have. We're on our own now.

I've pretty much numbed myself to the entire situation and take mild comfort knowing that I didn't vote for that subhuman piece of complete shit. What can we do? Protest for the next 4 years and whatnot? I don't have the energy to get over-emotional and be ran by my complete and utter hatred I have for him and Pence. This situation is completely baffling and bizarre to me and it still feels like a nightmare you can't wake up from. I'm a Obama/Michelle fan and that will never change and sure people said they were "fucked" when he was re-elected but at least with Trump that is COMPLETELY true. The atmosphere everywhere, including where I live in Houston (ugh) and my house, feels somber as if someone died.  People are confused, lost, and terrified. I was mildly shocked when mexicans voted for him because he said he would "bring back jobs" when he flat out said he'd send them all back, so those jobs were obviously not for them. Trump couldn't tell the truth if you held a gun to his head and he genuinely doesn't give a shit. I mean, who can really see his zombie wife actually reaching out to the people like some past First Ladies have? She doesn't even speak unless spoken to. Everything Trump spews is bullshit but Pence has a strategy to become president, which is supremely terrifying as he's WAAAAY worse than Trump. He's going to try and declare him incompetent/have him impeached based on his obvious onset of senility and/or dementia and then take over.

Basically in a nutshell, in THIS situation, we are genuinely fucked. Now, I'm gonna take a nap.

I honestly doubt Pence would do something like that. But he certainly will clear the cobwebs out of Biden's office and be the most powerful VP in history. This is going to be like Cheney x1000.

Also LOL at his team so far, all Trump supporters supposedly voted for a change from career politicians. You know, fresh faces like Giuliani, Gingrich, Christie, etc.

rudy.peux wrote:

I honestly doubt Pence would do something like that. But he certainly will clear the cobwebs out of Biden's office and be the most powerful VP in history. This is going to be like Cheney x1000.

Also LOL at his team so far, all Trump supporters supposedly voted for a change from career politicians. You know, fresh faces like Giuliani, Gingrich, Christie, etc.

Except for that Bannon guy. That one is defintely not the establishment

lol you all sound so fucking delusional. keep that fear mongering coming guys. dont you know, trump is literally hitler

Thought this is relevant to the disconnect some people seem to be experiencing.

https://www.quora.com/How-did-Trump-win … tor-Liu-37

How did Trump win when practically everyone predicted Hillary would?

If you don’t understand how Trump could win before Nov. 8th, I totally understand you.

If you still don’t understand how Trump won now, you have a serious arrogance and ignorance problem.

I would assume you, the reader to this answer, live in a urban area in either Northeast or the West Coast, college educated, a typical left-wing supporter and advocator for your entire life.

That’s nice. You work in the office with HVAC on 24/7/365. You go to gym after work, watching news from CNN or NBC on the treadmill. Then you eat your dinner out somewhere with a friend, probably not cooking at home. Sometimes you fly between NYC/Boston and LA/SFO for business. When you look down from the plane window and see those endless farmlands and mountains in the midwest, you are thinking “I can’t imagine living a life down there.”

When you saw Trump won, you were shocked. Holy shit! There’s not a single person around me who supports Trump, how could he win?

That’s where the problem is. You are living in a completely different world than those Trump supporters.

When you refuel your car, have you ever wondered where the gas comes from, if not imported? Who drilled the oil for you?

When you charge your phone, have you ever wondered where the electricity comes from? Who dug the coal to power the plant?

When you shop in the supermarket, have you ever wondered where the fresh vegetables and fruits come from? Who drove the truck all the way from California to New York to deliver those goods?

Those are the people who support Donald Trump. Have you ever talked to anyone of them?

Without you, they can still feed themselves, but without them, you will be starved to death.

So now how could you despise them as “uneducated redneck racists”?

When they watch the news, even when watching Fox News, the camera is always on the big cities far away from them. They are ignored, as if they don’t exist in this country. No one pays attention to them, and no one speaks for them, until Donald Trump.

They could drive a truck for $8k a month 20 years ago working 60 hours a week, but now the illegal immigrants are willing to do it at $3k. They lost their jobs.

They could work in a factory for $4k a month 20 years ago, but now the job goes to China and Mexico. They lost their jobs.

You can’t urge a 40-year-old man having a family to raise to go to college again and learn programming. They can’t and they can’t afford.

You also can’t say in 10 years robots are doing the job for them and they should just vanish because they can’t follow the era.

They are human beings. They are lovely nice people. They don’t hate you. They work hard so you can live a comfortable life. Why do you hate them? Why do you label them as racists, xenophobia, bigots without even knowing how hard their lives are?

When they are losing jobs and falling into poverty, they stay at home and turn on the TV, see Obama and Hillary speaking on ABC News: “The biggest problem we are now facing is climate change.”

And they sigh, they switch to Fox News and see Donald Trump speaking on his rally in Detroit MI: “We need to rebuild our inner cities, we need to bring jobs back.”

When they saw Obama visiting NYC after hurricane Sandy in 2012, but was playing golf when the devastating flood in Louisiana destroyed thousands of homes this summer, they knew they were forgotten.

When they saw Trump visiting Louisiana after the flood, a state that he didn’t need to campaign at all, they knew someone actually cared for them.

If you are them, who will you vote for?

They are the silent majorities. They live in your flyover states. They don’t care about LGBT or BLM. They are not racists or homophobia. They just want jobs to feed their families.

Please throw away your arrogance and start to care about those people. They are Americans too. They are more American than you are, since some of your clients and costumers are foreign.

They have no methods to let you hear them. They only have their ballots. They vote to knock you out of your utopia. That’s the power of democracy. That’s why democracy is great. It never ignores anyone.

If you believe your value is progressive and right, you need to help them getting out of their trouble first. You can’t blame and mock them. It will only push them away from you even more.

Trump has been a democrat longer than republican in his life, but he could still defeat 16 republican candidates and won more votes in the primaries than anyone else in the history. This has already proven that the silent majorities are much more tolerant now on social issues. They just want someone to fix the economy for them.

Now it’s your chance to work with them, help them under the 4 years of Trump’s presidency. Stop protesting and introspect yourself. Isn’t your arrogance and ignorance that brought Trump to the White House?

This side steps the most important point: the media colluded with powerful individuals to create a consensus and push a narrative to achieve a goal just as we saw with Brexit. Time to question what else they lied to the american people about and start talking and listening to our neighbors.

Or we can just carry down the road and believe everyone we disagree with is *-ist and scream and burn shit in the streets.

Ick McWang wrote:

Except for that Bannon guy. That one is defintely not the establishment

True. But between him and Trump seeing that neither of them really have any experience, well I somehow doubt the two of them can "drain the swamp."

tacothecheese wrote:

Thought this is relevant to the disconnect some people seem to be experiencing.

https://www.quora.com/How-did-Trump-win … tor-Liu-37

How did Trump win when practically everyone predicted Hillary would?

If you don’t understand how Trump could win before Nov. 8th, I totally understand you.

If you still don’t understand how Trump won now, you have a serious arrogance and ignorance problem.

I would assume you, the reader to this answer, live in a urban area in either Northeast or the West Coast, college educated, a typical left-wing supporter and advocator for your entire life.

That’s nice. You work in the office with HVAC on 24/7/365. You go to gym after work, watching news from CNN or NBC on the treadmill. Then you eat your dinner out somewhere with a friend, probably not cooking at home. Sometimes you fly between NYC/Boston and LA/SFO for business. When you look down from the plane window and see those endless farmlands and mountains in the midwest, you are thinking “I can’t imagine living a life down there.”

When you saw Trump won, you were shocked. Holy shit! There’s not a single person around me who supports Trump, how could he win?

That’s where the problem is. You are living in a completely different world than those Trump supporters.

When you refuel your car, have you ever wondered where the gas comes from, if not imported? Who drilled the oil for you?

When you charge your phone, have you ever wondered where the electricity comes from? Who dug the coal to power the plant?

When you shop in the supermarket, have you ever wondered where the fresh vegetables and fruits come from? Who drove the truck all the way from California to New York to deliver those goods?

Those are the people who support Donald Trump. Have you ever talked to anyone of them?

Without you, they can still feed themselves, but without them, you will be starved to death.

So now how could you despise them as “uneducated redneck racists”?

When they watch the news, even when watching Fox News, the camera is always on the big cities far away from them. They are ignored, as if they don’t exist in this country. No one pays attention to them, and no one speaks for them, until Donald Trump.

They could drive a truck for $8k a month 20 years ago working 60 hours a week, but now the illegal immigrants are willing to do it at $3k. They lost their jobs.

They could work in a factory for $4k a month 20 years ago, but now the job goes to China and Mexico. They lost their jobs.

You can’t urge a 40-year-old man having a family to raise to go to college again and learn programming. They can’t and they can’t afford.

You also can’t say in 10 years robots are doing the job for them and they should just vanish because they can’t follow the era.

They are human beings. They are lovely nice people. They don’t hate you. They work hard so you can live a comfortable life. Why do you hate them? Why do you label them as racists, xenophobia, bigots without even knowing how hard their lives are?

When they are losing jobs and falling into poverty, they stay at home and turn on the TV, see Obama and Hillary speaking on ABC News: “The biggest problem we are now facing is climate change.”

And they sigh, they switch to Fox News and see Donald Trump speaking on his rally in Detroit MI: “We need to rebuild our inner cities, we need to bring jobs back.”

When they saw Obama visiting NYC after hurricane Sandy in 2012, but was playing golf when the devastating flood in Louisiana destroyed thousands of homes this summer, they knew they were forgotten.

When they saw Trump visiting Louisiana after the flood, a state that he didn’t need to campaign at all, they knew someone actually cared for them.

If you are them, who will you vote for?

They are the silent majorities. They live in your flyover states. They don’t care about LGBT or BLM. They are not racists or homophobia. They just want jobs to feed their families.

Please throw away your arrogance and start to care about those people. They are Americans too. They are more American than you are, since some of your clients and costumers are foreign.

They have no methods to let you hear them. They only have their ballots. They vote to knock you out of your utopia. That’s the power of democracy. That’s why democracy is great. It never ignores anyone.

If you believe your value is progressive and right, you need to help them getting out of their trouble first. You can’t blame and mock them. It will only push them away from you even more.

Trump has been a democrat longer than republican in his life, but he could still defeat 16 republican candidates and won more votes in the primaries than anyone else in the history. This has already proven that the silent majorities are much more tolerant now on social issues. They just want someone to fix the economy for them.

Now it’s your chance to work with them, help them under the 4 years of Trump’s presidency. Stop protesting and introspect yourself. Isn’t your arrogance and ignorance that brought Trump to the White House?

This side steps the most important point: the media colluded with powerful individuals to create a consensus and push a narrative to achieve a goal just as we saw with Brexit. Time to question what else they lied to the american people about and start talking and listening to our neighbors.

Or we can just carry down the road and believe everyone we disagree with is *-ist and scream and burn shit in the streets.

Trump knew who to focus on, so I can't be mad at him for that, which was Hillary's biggest mistake but now they know how minorities have felt for the longest on many fronts, so suck it up. Everyone is trying to feed their families on both sides, urban and rural. Now, I'm against all the riots and protesting, on both sides, because there really is no point. He's in there for 4 years so all this ruckus isn't going to change anything or make anyone really care. It's not going to get him out, so they to deal with it the best they can, continue living their lives, and stop wasting the energy on this intense anger. Also, I fully blame Trump for the recent violence from HIS supporters (hate crimes, etc) because he did incite and encourage it; just listen to all he was saying during his campaign. Encouraging others to physically harm people, calling black protesters "thugs", encouraging sexual assault, the list goes on. The BEST that moron can do to quell the situation is tell them to "stop it" when he was asked in an interview how he felt about which tells me he hasn't been paying attention to jack shit that's been going on before and after he was "elected". Not condoning whatever the Hilary supporters have done, but it did seem like the media would exclusively focus on whatever Trump supporters were doing and painting them in a bad light. Supporters from BOTH sides are acting nutty and they all need to grow up, find some sense, and find a way to respect and work with one another in coping with this. The problem is they're refusing to and instead deciding to act like children throwing tantrums and calling people names; even though I do still think Trump acts like a toddler. Minorities and Majorities are in this together so we should put these differences aside and move on. Still trying to figure out how/why he got elected doesn't mean you're "arrogant" or "ignorant", the election was just last week. It speaks to those, like myself, who are honestly and genuinely trying to understand it because it doesn't make sense. It's our way of coping, but it's not fair to assume that we're all arrogant and ignorant. Hell, I knew Trump was a former democrat for quite a while but he did a complete turn-about.

However, I always did, and still do, believe Trump is full of shit and delusional because he's now trying to back-track and "soften" up the promises he made on the trail, which also tells me he was mostly concerned with getting votes. Whoever wrote that needs to get over themselves, to be honest, and consider ALL people that are going to be affected within the next 4 years. He's painting urban people as materialistic, spoiled, and all around brats which isn't fair. I live in the city but I also have seen what it's like in rural areas with the supposed "silent minority". He's not being very fair in his argument but instead attacking people who live in cities, so really they're doing exactly what they're saying we shouldn't.