Re: What :(

theres no sign up option so it mustve closed already sad

catch my punk radio show on sundays at 2pm GMT on www.rockindevilradio.com

yea can you throw us an invite?

Bacon wrote:

The invite system is off (the site is under construction). I belive they will open more signups soon. They reached 20.000 users, but 2000 users don't confirmed a register email (inactive users)

If they open news signups i post here or send a PM. smile

turmoil77 wrote:
Bacon wrote:

The invite system is off (the site is under construction). I belive they will open more signups soon. They reached 20.000 users, but 2000 users don't confirmed a register email (inactive users)

If they open news signups i post here or send a PM. smile

nice, im interested if they do

For anyone on PTP/BTN/HDB you can get access to PassTheHeadphones there, also looks promising and maybe a bit more solid.  wink

on where? Oo

PassThePopcorn / Broadcasthenet / HDBits

Xanax is still a bit unclear, not sure who runs that, it seems to be run by some former SCC staffer but I don't like the way SCC works personally.

PassTheHeadphones is run by a former PTP staffer, and has a more solid team.

Xanax: 22k members, +40k torrents
PTH: 1.8k members, 20k torrents

Just as info that is  wink

Dwarsligger wrote:

On KG, a reputable source is saying that the same owner is doing both PassTheHeadphones and rebooting PTPimg.

That is an insane amount of work for a single individual.

Nostream already crashed and burned with someone leaking user IP's.
https://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/comme … h=3c7af710

Point I'm making is I don't have faith in any of these startups yet.

rudy.peux wrote:
Dwarsligger wrote:

On KG, a reputable source is saying that the same owner is doing both PassTheHeadphones and rebooting PTPimg.

That is an insane amount of work for a single individual.

Point I'm making is I don't have faith in any of these startups yet.

Insane amount for 1 individual, correct, luckily it's a team.

I agree on being a bit precautious on any site now, seeing the nostream thing. I'm on both the others, and am curious to see when they get everything setup correctly, on that I have a little bit more trust in PTH.
Xanax will change names already, those are little things that they should have thought about upfront. Also the open signup is something a little too fast maybe, they seem too eager to succeed to me.

35 (edited by rudy.peux 2016-11-26 21:55:31)

Dwarsligger wrote:

Insane amount for 1 individual, correct, luckily it's a team.

I agree on being a bit precautious on any site now, seeing the nostream thing. I'm on both the others, and am curious to see when they get everything setup correctly, on that I have a little bit more trust in PTH.
Xanax will change names already, those are little things that they should have thought about upfront. Also the open signup is something a little too fast maybe, they seem too eager to succeed to me.

The cream will rise to the top, I'm not disputing that. Hell, it might even be Waffles if they can capitalize on the timing.

Obviously Xanax using a copyrighted name and then having open signups is insane and hilarious.

Having said that I suppose someone does need to be on the ground floor of all these, so I respect your devoting time to this.

rudy.peux wrote:

The cream will rise to the top, I'm not disputing that. Hell, it might even be Waffles if they can capitalize on the timing.

Obviously Xanax using a copyrighted name and then having open signups is not going to go over well with anyone with a google alert for the drug.

Having said that I suppose someone does need to be on the ground floor of all these, so I respect your devoting time to this.

Waffles I don't even count, they left without notice, came back on another domain without notice, were gone again without notice but with donations, tbh they can go fuck themselves.

As far as devoting my time, it's just a job  wink

Another sad thing is KrayTracker, been around a long time too. I've talked to the owner since he's looking for replacement, but the lack of security on their server and his not knowng to stay involved or not keep me away.

Dwarsligger wrote:
rudy.peux wrote:

Obviously Xanax using a copyrighted name and then having open signups is not going to go over well with anyone with a google alert for the drug.

Waffles I don't even count, they left without notice, came back on another domain without notice, were gone again without notice but with donations, tbh they can go fuck themselves.

As far as devoting my time, it's just a job  wink

Another sad thing is KrayTracker, been around a long time too. I've talked to the owner since he's looking for replacement, but the lack of security on their server and his not knowng to stay involved or not keep me away.

Yeah that's a sad one, Kray has been around like a decade or more. It was always Kray or PunkTorrents before we got this site up

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

Dwarsligger wrote:

Eh I give them the benefit of the doubt. Someone from there said the domain change was sprung on them as well as the downtime. If that truly is the case, I don't hold a grudge.

But their cute avatars can suck my dick.

User limit on Xanax just went up to 40k, bit unclear if they're gonna give invites but I suppose they have no other choice  wink

rudy.peux wrote:
Dwarsligger wrote:

Eh I give them the benefit of the doubt. Someone from there said the domain change was sprung on them as well as the downtime. If that truly is the case, I don't hold a grudge.

what i read on reddit was that they owed the old host money? so they moved hosts, still intent on paying the old one too

They'll probably keep the old one to not have to change the announce url on those 60k torrents, or that's how I understand it atm. The name change should have not been happening if they would have thought upfront about it.
There's also some rumor they're in it for the money, but tbh all kinds of rumors go around now, a little bit too much.

Btw: I'm on TPS (ThePirateSociety), a forum discussing these things and more, if any good member wants an invite to that you can send me a pm. I trust you all to be no sellers or traders so I won't need anything else.

Dwarsligger wrote:

They'll probably keep the old one to not have to change the announce url on those 60k torrents, or that's how I understand it atm. The name change should have not been happening if they would have thought upfront about it.
There's also some rumor they're in it for the money, but tbh all kinds of rumors go around now, a little bit too much.

Btw: I'm on TPS (ThePirateSociety), a forum discussing these things and more, if any good member wants an invite to that you can send me a pm. I trust you all to be no sellers or traders so I won't need anything else.

never heard of it, LOL

mel_the_bell wrote:
rudy.peux wrote:
Dwarsligger wrote:

what i read on reddit was that they owed the old host money? so they moved hosts, still intent on paying the old one too

totally. the tracker url now redirects you to there:
https://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/comme … h=1072aebf

@Bacon, @mel-thebell : if you aren't already in Xanax feel free to pm me a mail thing (or someone else you know ofcourse), members currently have 5 invites and the site will be freeleech for a week. I can hook you up in about 12hrs from this post after work wink

45 (edited by mel_the_bell 2016-12-03 12:06:00)

cheers but just been invited from over at PT smile

ok, finally, im in smile