Re: Netflix

actually all Netflix has fucking terrible selection...unless you like shitty movies that is. the can Netflix actually has a better selection of classic films than does the us. but both are garbage....anyone who pays for that shit is an asshole.

horror movies- the shrine, vhs, ponnty pool, the pact, insidious, hell raiser,
wierd movies - tromeo and juliet, toxic avengers, 

If you liked Pontypool, check out the airplay of the same name that was around first. That shit is terrifying!

^ vhs2 is on there now too but its not as good as the original imo... Still worth watching though

"Flowers are cunts basically." - Guana

the fall is great! with gillian anderson. ahhh she is so awesome

2 shows I wish they would get rid of... Tutors and Law and Order: SVU. My girlfriend watches these constantly. It sucks!!! Tonight I'm gonna watch my new "The World's End" bluray and then follow it up with "Cockney vs. Zombies" on netflix. good times.

PunBB bbcode test

Has anyone noticed lately how stale netflix has been?

PunBB bbcode test

yes Chelsea it is very hard to find a good movie on Netflix. I have been watching old comedies/cop films I just watched 48 hours with eddy murphy and also Hollywood homicide with Harrison ford. It had me entertained.

side note I just watched sleepers on amazon prime about 4 best friends who go to a boys home after a petty crime gone horribly wrong and get tortured and sexually assaulted and plan to get revenge. that is a great movie with an all star cast.  I saw it back when I was like 10 or 11 and didn't really get the full grasp of it. fucked up but good.

I was thinking about throwing down $75 and getting a year of Amazon Prime. Is it worth it?

PunBB bbcode test

Its definitely worth it if you use amazon quite a bit like I do. It will pay for itself basically. I just think of the amazon streaming service as a bonus. Its gotten better over the past year or so, but it offers little that is not already available on netflix. Do it for the free shipping, not just the streaming.

Lately I've been on a Doctor Who kick. Started over from the beginning (9th doctor).
Just finished season one of An Idiot Abroad. Freakin hilarious.
I also get discs from Netflix for the few shows they don't stream anymore.
Latest favorites...
   Law & Order UK
   Castle
   Life's Too Short

i discovered a way to watch NetflixUk in the states through google. so i'm all stocked up on alan Partridge and a shit ton on english gangster films

PunBB bbcode test

yb wrote:

the fall is great! with gillian anderson. ahhh she is so awesome

i didnt see this until now, but yes, as a child of the 80's/ 90's, i had quite the crush on Gillian. I thought she was finer than frog's hair. Her shoot for FHM back when caused quite a ...ruckus for a young lad.

http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/120634/gillian-anderson-and-fhm-gallery.jpg

Then you find out she isnt a real redhead but a blonde w blue eyes. But thats life, isn't it?

"We've been divided, we've been bled,
Like a chicken without a head.
Running frantically amuck
Taking but not giving a fuck."

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z18/ickmcwang/ickmcwang.gif

She has aged much better than david duchovny, thats for sure.

Wanting to watch Top of the Lake and The Returned and a few other things.

David Duchovny is/was such a weenus. I always wondered how the fucker could get a role as a sex addict

Ick McWang wrote:

David Duchovny is/was such a weenus. I always wondered how the fucker could get a role as a sex addict

Well I'm pretty sure he's gone to rehab for sex addiction, so I suppose it wasn't much  of a stretch for him.

I just watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit because Bob Hoskins died.  Kathleen Turner's voice man.  Gets me every time.  Need to find my copy of Serial Mom now.

gnat wrote:

The Returned is brilliant

DO NOT PURCHASE AMAZON PRIME you should be able to get it free for a year using a college email addressee. there are ways to get around getting a college email if you are not in college.

that is all

Also (as far as the instant video goes) it sucks. Nothing really worth watching thats not already on netflix. I did read amazon had signed a deal with hbo though. At some point in the future they will get some of their library, but the thing is, no GoT, no sopranos, only select series. In other words it still sucks so only buy it if you want the free 2 day shipping.

Cappy wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:

Well I'm pretty sure he's gone to rehab for sex addiction, so I suppose it wasn't much  of a stretch for him.

well he is rich, and he is Agent Mulder, and I know he is a handsome lad. maybe it was self-therapy

I just watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit because Bob Hoskins died.  Kathleen Turner's voice man.  Gets me every time.  Need to find my copy of Serial Mom now.

Awesome movie. Great actors in it.

If I was ever going to bang a dude it would be agent mulder

yb wrote:

really? god damn. I thought he was a total weenus.

Ick McWang wrote:
yb wrote:

what is a weenus?

he was pretty kick ass in kalifornia
he is pretty awesome in californiacation
he is pretty awesome in the x files
goats on netflix was pretty good

although i have the feeling id be more likely to bang this guy then i would be able to bang Jennifer aninston or ellen page

48 (edited by XanO 2014-05-02 18:37:09)

Chelsea_Bound wrote:

Has anyone noticed lately how stale netflix has been?

netflix has always been stale.  the snail mail version has all the good movies.

checkin' out the fall.

condescend |ˌkändəˈsend|
verb [ no obj. ]
show feelings of superiority; be patronizing: take care not to condescend to your reader.
• do something in a haughty way, as though it is below one's dignity or level of importance: we'll be waiting for twenty minutes before she condescends to appear.

yb wrote:
Ick McWang wrote:
yb wrote:

what is a weenus?

Loosely translated? A nerdish guy, bookworm type. Might be decent looking, but hes such an ostrich with his head up his ass thinking about other stuff that he misses the obvious.

Of course, I only watched X-FIles, so I am no expert

TheOmnipotentTortoise wrote:
gnat wrote:

The Returned is brilliant

Im on the 3rd episode and I think I agree. You've probably not seen the US remake abomination but be glad you've not.